Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:55:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:03:28 PM

When I fuss with my cardboard and fans, I sometimes get a reboot.  Since I run, at the present, without the top, center cardboard cooling the BBB, a 12v fan sitting inside blowing on the left side of the module, another 12v fan outside the case blowing on the right side of the 1 module (Mercury), I added another piece of cardboard to the right of the BBB, to the side and up to the module, taking the air pushed out the side and directing it to the module.  The miner white light came on and off as I moved the fans, perhaps a loose pin in an added fan connector, but it started again right away.  Put Bertmod back but earlier tried the 0.2.1 and found it works well with firmware 0.90, looked at my cores, which I could with the 0.2.1, and earlier their was a single core not up, but now there are four 100% cores and the BertMod says the power change from adding that one core on firmware 0.90 with ~0.9v to the 4 vmr's, was 174 watts with one core down and 180 watts with all cores running.
Any chance of a few photos? Hard to visualise.

So, Google drive, allow anyone to view, paste the address between the image not-image ?
Try http://imgur.com/, very easy to upload photos.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:04:23 PM

tried putty, tried FF, IE, Chrome, tried some stuff i have no idea what it was but ti didnt work and the guy doing it was stumped

closest i get is a login box in IE that i never see in FF - admin admin and the box disappears...

with no pci-e connected i get a solid red led
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:09:38 PM

When I fuss with my cardboard and fans, I sometimes get a reboot.  Since I run, at the present, without the top, center cardboard cooling the BBB, a 12v fan sitting inside blowing on the left side of the module, another 12v fan outside the case blowing on the right side of the 1 module (Mercury), I added another piece of cardboard to the right of the BBB, to the side and up to the module, taking the air pushed out the side and directing it to the module.  The miner white light came on and off as I moved the fans, perhaps a loose pin in an added fan connector, but it started again right away.  Put Bertmod back but earlier tried the 0.2.1 and found it works well with firmware 0.90, looked at my cores, which I could with the 0.2.1, and earlier their was a single core not up, but now there are four 100% cores and the BertMod says the power change from adding that one core on firmware 0.90 with ~0.9v to the 4 vmr's, was 174 watts with one core down and 180 watts with all cores running.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_DLmNkCkkVpZGRTV1NvTzhOMEk/edit?usp=drive_web
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_DLmNkCkkVpRDVFTTZ4TGp0MkU/edit?usp=drive_web

Remember, this is just testing conditions and this will be much neater after I figure out what I need to do and button up.  Might take a while to get the connectors to relocate the BBB tho.

KnC 0: | 171.1G/136.0Gh/s | A:77511 R:6588 HW:6205 WU:2187.4/m

The one core that was down came back on and all 4 at 100%. 
The Avenger

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:15:24 PM

When I fuss with my cardboard and fans, I sometimes get a reboot.  Since I run, at the present, without the top, center cardboard cooling the BBB, a 12v fan sitting inside blowing on the left side of the module, another 12v fan outside the case blowing on the right side of the 1 module (Mercury), I added another piece of cardboard to the right of the BBB, to the side and up to the module, taking the air pushed out the side and directing it to the module.  The miner white light came on and off as I moved the fans, perhaps a loose pin in an added fan connector, but it started again right away.  Put Bertmod back but earlier tried the 0.2.1 and found it works well with firmware 0.90, looked at my cores, which I could with the 0.2.1, and earlier their was a single core not up, but now there are four 100% cores and the BertMod says the power change from adding that one core on firmware 0.90 with ~0.9v to the 4 vmr's, was 174 watts with one core down and 180 watts with all cores running.

Remember, this is just testing conditions and this will be much neater after I figure out what I need to do and button up.  Might take a while to get the connectors to relocate the BBB tho.

Could you take one the other way, looking from the power supply towards the beaglebone? Just wanted to see how you are pushing the air down on the BBB.

"I am not The Avenger"
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:16:58 PM

tried putty, tried FF, IE, Chrome, tried some stuff i have no idea what it was but ti didnt work and the guy doing it was stumped

closest i get is a login box in IE that i never see in FF - admin admin and the box disappears...

AAAaaaah!... you almost got it!
clear your
IE browser cashe and do again...
the admin/admin is indeed the right place...clearing the cashe will allow you in!
ccleaner is fast & easy.
most have better luck with chrome tho....whatever works!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:18:38 PM

Remember, this is just testing conditions and this will be much neater after I figure out what I need to do and button up.  Might take a while to get the connectors to relocate the BBB tho.

Could you take one the other way, looking from the power supply towards the beaglebone? Just wanted to see how you are pushing the air down on the BBB.

All you'll see is the cardboard tucked under the module and tucked under the 90° angle of the front top.  There is a crease in the cardboard.  Unless it's you want me to search the cardboard from some indication that it was what my Jalapeno and broken coffee cup came in?

Now I recall, Avenger, embroiled in heated exchanges.  Are you with BFL?

Excuse me but I've got to get in some running with my dog.  A slow 7+miles RT to a nearby highway I think.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:29:22 PM

if you are going to do all that, drop the heatsink fans to the crossbar.  you'll be amazed on the drop in temp

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
The Avenger

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:31:36 PM

All you'll see is the cardboard tucked under the module and tucked under the 90° angle of the front top.  There is a crease in the cardboard.  Unless it's you want me to search the cardboard from some indication that it was what my Jalapeno and broken coffee cup came in?

Excuse me but I've got to get in some running with my dog.  A slow 7+miles RT to a nearby highway I think.
Sheesh, the photos you provided just show chunks of cardboard, I wanted to see how the air was being directed inside from the inlet fan. Forget it.

"I am not The Avenger"
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:35:43 PM

at least you can glu the coffe cup back together & use it maybe...lol...what a slap in the meatballs...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:36:59 PM

if you are going to do all that, drop the heatsink fans to the crossbar.  you'll be amazed on the drop in temp

I don't quite understand what you mean.  Your heatsink fans seem positioned same as mine although my single module is up front right.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:37:42 PM

Sheesh, the photos you provided just show chunks of cardboard, I wanted to see how the air was being directed inside from the inlet fan. Forget it.

just put a small fan on the outside by the ethernet cable pointing in for airflow under the beagleboard

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:38:24 PM

at least you can glu the coffe cup back together & use it maybe...lol...what a slap in the meatballs...

No, the broken cup is gone.  Trying not to dwell on that.  It's unhealthy.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:39:06 PM

No, the broken cup is gone.  Trying not to dwell on that.  It's unhealthy.
ROFL    I feel ya bro...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:40:38 PM

Excuse me but I've got to get in some running with my dog.  A slow 7+miles RT to a nearby highway I think.

Look, the cardboard goes from the metal bottom to the angled edge of the front.  Air pushed in by the front fans can only go out the sides but pushes down on the BBB at the same time.  Experiment.  If you're not running a Mercury then my arrangement ain't best for you.

Ha! New high avg hashrate:  KnC 0:  | 163.9G/137.2Gh/s | A:133086 R:10263 HW:10757 WU:2191.8/m
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:01:33 PM

Seriously? Fucking about with bits of cardboard in a multi thousand rig that's days old?

Mine arrives needing shit like that they will get it back, I paid for a working miner capable of a certain hashrate and anything less is not acceptable.
IT should have been here a fucking week ago too.

Read the site, what they are selling. That is what you should get. Simple as that. They don't deliver that, they are at fault.
You fucking about with it makes it vulnerable to them claiming you are out of warranty. Be careful.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:15:55 PM

Seriously? Fucking about with bits of cardboard in a multi thousand rig that's days old?

Mine arrives needing shit like that they will get it back, I paid for a working miner capable of a certain hashrate and anything less is not acceptable.

Read the site, what they are selling. That is what you should get. Simple as that. They don't deliver that, they are at fault.
You fucking about with it makes it vulnerable to them claiming you are out of warranty. Be careful.
I for one appreciate any tweaks & quirks anyone shares...
knowledge & feedback from customers at this stage is critical
If you are in this game, you need to learn how to share information instead of bashing every little comment, and the profanity really isn't needed either.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:16:01 PM

with the original 0.95 firmware.

glad we could be testbeds for you!!   I'm happy with my early coins but do have one limp miner to nurse now. Glad the other one had a bit more constitution

it's beyond my comprehension why major bitcoin mining software developers got their test-rigs only one week ago. Additionally, the biggest pre 0.95 bugs seem to got fixed by a customer.
And still the Jupiter gets me the most rejects of all my miners. I'm really looking forward to a ckolivas release...
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 07:17:06 PM

Just fine tuning things, I'm sure yours will work just fine when it arrives, and you can just leave it running how it came, no one said you need to tweak it for extra performance.

The Avenger

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:51:51 PM

I think tweaking will be necessary to get the best performance and people sharing their mods is useful so we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

From the thermal imaging photos and user experiment's, it's beginning to look like the VRM's are in a sub-optimum position. According to the spec sheet, the cooling airflow should be directed like this (thanks to Bitbuster for jpg):

As the VRMS are mounted parallel to the edge of the case, I imagine very little cool air in getting down in there and certainly the air is not being directed the way it is required to keep them optimally cool. To make things worse in the Jupiter, the late addition baffles added to the case are probably pushing hot air in that direction.

No wonder people who have experimented, (like the photos posted by trepex & soy), have put fans on either side, blowing directly into the VRMs and this seems to improve the situation.

Not sure anyone has been able to do this with a jupiter, as there wouldn't be space to sit fans on each side. It seems the way jupiter owners have handled this is to sit a massive box fan on top of the miner blasting air downwards to cool.

And the other thermal image photo shows that the beaglebone get's hot. I wouldn't have been able to guess it needed a bit of extra cooling without someone sharing their research.

So keep up the experiments guys, it's interesting for us all until we get our own units to play with.

"I am not The Avenger"
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:23:54 PM

if you have to go what ive just been through.....

hours and hours of fail - to do what should take seconds....plug.......n......................
...pplay!

Massive shout out to pZombie - Really REALLY went the extra MILES!!.

jupiter   535.50 GH/s   410112 (89.85%)          512 / 1536 / 45824(massive 'others')   0:00:08
Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: