Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 [887] 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:06:27 AM

Angry no update at all... Still showing "In Progress"

That takes a while to update, mine said that until a few hours ago but it was actually in belgium. Looks like 24 hr delivery is possible for me. Can't be much longer until they catch up.

Just realised I can't find a bloody paper clip. lol

Well come tomorrow they are freaking 7 days late.  Angry

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:11:59 AM

So I upgraded to 0.96 and slush is reporting 66Gh/s from my Mercury
Thats down from 120 Gh/s on 0.95

And, according to SSH, its still hashing at 140 Gh/s like it always has.
Confuzzled.

EDIT:
Does 142.5G/959.Kh/s | A: 87980 R: 749 HW:2188 WU: 0.0m
sound right at all?

You need to give it time, remember that figure is a average, not a real time stat.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:12:17 AM

On 0.94 still as it gives me the best cores.  Kept dropping 1 to 3 cores on die 3.  Tried removing some extra cooling one side at a time to see if that would make more cores drop then knowing which side I could find out which of the two VRMs might need extra cooling, if that was the fault.

I have two 12v fans one on each side facing the VRMs.  All currents were in the mid-40 amps.  Removed the fan from the outside and expected to see more disabled cores.  The reverse, the three cores came back.  I removed both 12 v fans, unplugging them dropped my power at the wall 3 watts.  Now with no side fans cooling the VRMs the VRM output voltages all increased roughly 0.03 volts and the currents all went from mid-40amps to low-to-mid-50amps!  And all cores enabled!  So, these are designed to run warm.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 02:33:32 AM

So, now is the evening of the 18th, and my second order which was scheduled to get to me in the first week of October is still not here. Meanwhile KNC Jupiters are going for 7,8k€ on Ebay, must be one of those luckies who got his before the 12th....

yeah I cancelled my 2nd unit a Saturn for the reason of 520x number and delays they did so promptly even yanked it off the line in it was in processing (ie called the plant a ways away)....because they missed the 16th..but yeah at the 100 percent growth in difficulty etc....say they ship it this tues (or wens) i'd be looking at the first week of nov arrival and on the staturn ..i'd be like 500 bucks over paid cost in 3 months more or less at 100 percent this month increase and next month..so I punted....just to close to the nov 15th stuff at lower price to come out that is getting dumped next month for my comfort level

now I wish (doubtful) knc after getting its 2nd batch out will do the "network protection" statement thing of not dumping equip from dec thru febuary..they mine as well....so they can do that design the next ascis machine and bring it up again in march with new product ..but alas others would have to do the  same for this to work..not gonna happen but if conterra was a bti late and others we who ordered from knc would be sitting pretty good imho

SO what are you doing to do? It is just a viscous cycle over and over again. They'll release a little higher hashing unit and you'll be right on the edge in breaking even if you even do. I'm in the same boat. I have a Saturn that probably won't even get my money back from and new hardware will be out in a few months. If you can't afford to go without $20k-$30k in mining then it is a losing game really.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:56:27 AM

We're relatively lucky really all things considered. All the problems recently may have delayed us a few weeks, but at least we have a high BTC exchange rate and the possibility of higher hashing units (if we can coax them to perform).

Imagine if they had turned up on time and on spec with BTC at what it was 3 months ago?
Things could be worse. A lot worse.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:02:27 AM

I want my miner now. Angry

Side note at least BTC aint $60

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:05:09 AM

So I upgraded to 0.96 and slush is reporting 66Gh/s from my Mercury
Thats down from 120 Gh/s on 0.95

And, according to SSH, its still hashing at 140 Gh/s like it always has.
Confuzzled.

EDIT:
Does 142.5G/959.Kh/s | A: 87980 R: 749 HW:2188 WU: 0.0m
sound right at all?

You need to give it time, remember that figure is a average, not a real time stat.

yup sorry I panicked haha
So slush is now reporting 142GH/s as it should. So technically 0.96 actually made it better. In 0.95 cgminer was reporting 140Gh/s but slush never reported 140GH/s even after all day of mining
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:05:50 AM

Well I don't know how to tell you all this.

So I will just tell you.

My Saturn arrived today after a 6.5 day trip from Sweden to my home in the Northern Florida area.

The box....... almost pristine. Few small tears. Open the box there is some extra pink foam on the sides of the miner in addition to the end foam.

Inside the miner, I opened it up........pristine. No fans hanging off, no loose wires, no heatsink plastic, FLAWLESS

I plug my Corsair HX850 into the unit, plug in the Ethernet, put in the "paper clip"
Find it on the network, login in all looks well.

It has the .95 firmware

Its hashing at between 260 and 274GH to BTCGuild. Between 45-51C on the chips.

So I was dying to screw with it, take it apart, put it back together again, tweak it, mess with it.

I can't, I shouldn't, it just works.

What am I missing?
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:08:53 AM

So I will just tell you.

My Saturn arrived today after a 6.5 day trip from Sweden to my home in the Northern Florida area.

The box....... almost pristine. Few small tears. Open the box there is some extra pink foam on the sides of the miner in addition to the end foam.

Inside the miner, I opened it up........pristine. No fans hanging off, no loose wires, no heatsink plastic, FLAWLESS

I plug my Corsair HX850 into the unit, plug in the Ethernet, put in the "paper clip"

It has the .95 firmware

So I was dying to screw with it, take it apart, put it back together again, tweak it, mess with it.

What am I missing?

Nothing Smiley
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:11:32 AM

So I will just tell you.

It has the .95 firmware

What am I missing?

A fucking big grin ?

I noticed that mine seems to have been burned in for a good ten minutes over there...maybe they are taking more care now?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
joeventura

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:15:29 AM

So I will just tell you.

It has the .95 firmware

What am I missing?

A fucking big grin ?

I noticed that mine seems to have been burned in for a good ten minutes over there...maybe they are taking more care now?

Alright!

Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:42:14 AM

what was the price of first batch Jupiter?
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 03:45:30 AM

I'll probably not break even with my Saturn and lose money. Kind of sucks...and the only way to get out of that is to actually buy more hashing power. The cycle never ends really. I'm  a solid 279Gh/s according to cgminer but I don't know what all those other numbers on the screen are. I'm trying to take a screen shot of that screen and do  a break down to help people out on what everything means. Reading it from a text file leads much to be desired. I crudely took a screen shot and point some arrows and maybe can make a one stop shop for what all those numbers mean on this one page.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:47:38 AM

I momentarily even saw the web interface, but when I told it my stratum URL for my p2pool it somehow told the power supply to shut down.

The Saturn comes on for a minute or two, but before I can even ping it a bright white light shines and it apparently tells the power supply to shut down again.
Any idea what-all that behavior might be trying to convey?

-MarkM-

Its the overload protection of the PSU kicking in. On the 4VRM boards with firmware < 0.95, I have seen the wattage jumping up (and consuming more power than a >=0.95 FW) and down which would explain why the PSU is shutting down in order to protect itself

This issue was fixed in >= 0.95. I had a seasonic 1050W which was also doing that and had to rebalance the PCIE connectors to get it up and flash it

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:48:47 AM

Mining Bitcoins is like growing pines on a residential property.  Ain't nobody's business 'till ya sell 'em.
joeventura

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:58:02 AM

I'll probably not break even with my Saturn and lose money. Kind of sucks...and the only way to get out of that is to actually buy more hashing power. The cycle never ends really. I'm  a solid 279Gh/s according to cgminer but I don't know what all those other numbers on the screen are. I'm trying to take a screen shot of that screen and do  a break down to help people out on what everything means. Reading it from a text file leads much to be desired. I crudely took a screen shot and point some arrows and maybe can make a one stop shop for what all those numbers mean on this one page.

A:  Number of Accepted shares.
R:  Number of Rejected shares.
HW:  Number of Hardware Errors.
U:  Utility which is described as the number of shares completed in a single minute.
WU:  Work Utility, this is essentially how useful your the work you are doing is.  This is determined like Utility, but is weighed based on the difficulty of the shares being completed.
ST:  Number of shares current in your queue.
SS:  Number of Stale Shares.
NB:  Number of New Blocks detected.
LW:  Amount of work locally generated.
GF:  Number of GetWork requests that have failed.
RF:  Number of Submits that have failed as a result of connection problems.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:35:38 AM

So I will just tell you.

It has the .95 firmware

What am I missing?

You have to tear it apart and spend 3 or 4 days tinkering with it and messing about with firmware to get an extra 20GH/s like everyone else in this thread.  You don't actually want to mine with it, do you?  You can mine when difficulty is 3 times what it is today.   Roll Eyes

Seriously, congratulations!  Just let that thing hash away.  You'll have plenty of time to tinker with it in a few months.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:47:32 AM

Tongue Grin

So I will just tell you.

It has the .95 firmware

What am I missing?

You have to tear it apart and spend 3 or 4 days tinkering with it and messing about with firmware to get an extra 20GH/s like everyone else in this thread.  You don't actually want to mine with it, do you?  You can mine when difficulty is 3 times what it is today.  

Seriously, congratulations!  Just let that thing hash away.  You'll have plenty of time to tinker with it in a few months.
I respectfully disagree....
I think it's better to tweak'em right now, while those extra Gh/s actually still mean something! Tongue

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:11:13 AM

Tongue Grin

So I will just tell you.

It has the .95 firmware

What am I missing?

You have to tear it apart and spend 3 or 4 days tinkering with it and messing about with firmware to get an extra 20GH/s like everyone else in this thread.  You don't actually want to mine with it, do you?  You can mine when difficulty is 3 times what it is today.  

Seriously, congratulations!  Just let that thing hash away.  You'll have plenty of time to tinker with it in a few months.
I respectfully disagree....
I think it's better to tweak'em right now, while those extra Gh/s actually still mean something! Tongue

If your miner is a dog, then yes, you need to at least try to get it running well. But if there's nothing wrong, why mess around with it?  You're wasting valuable hashing time! Just wait until the next firmware update to see if it nets you a few more GH/s.
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:38:10 AM

A:  Number of Accepted shares.
R:  Number of Rejected shares.
HW:  Number of Hardware Errors.
U:  Utility which is described as the number of shares completed in a single minute.
WU:  Work Utility, this is essentially how useful your the work you are doing is.  This is determined like Utility, but is weighed based on the difficulty of the shares being completed.
ST:  Number of shares current in your queue.
SS:  Number of Stale Shares.
NB:  Number of New Blocks detected.
LW:  Amount of work locally generated.
GF:  Number of GetWork requests that have failed.
RF:  Number of Submits that have failed as a result of connection problems.

What is NB:  Number of New Blocks detected??
Pages: « 1 ... 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 [887] 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: