Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:41:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 [923] 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:35:39 PM

what other tricks can i try on this slo sat now...it was one of the faster ones...lol

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:41:19 PM

You have to enable ssh from the web gui initially

Also it's interesting that you seem to have a six-socket controller board.  I think most of us have been shipped 4-socket boards with the remaining 2 having empty surface mount points.
[/quote]

Well I feel a bit stupid now. I enabled "CGMiner Remote Management Enabled" and thought that would be it. Thank you. Now my other problem is it won't let me type anything in the password field. It asks for login as I put admin, but when it asks for the password, it won't let me type anything.

Ugh. Why don't KnC just show everything on their interface? -_-'

I think it came with FW 0.95. I'll try updating it to 0.97 and see how things go. I'm only getting 132GH/s at the BTC pool, and it's been almost an hour now.
texaslabrat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:42:44 PM

You have to enable ssh from the web gui initially

Also it's interesting that you seem to have a six-socket controller board.  I think most of us have been shipped 4-socket boards with the remaining 2 having empty surface mount points.

Well I feel a bit stupid now. I enabled "CGMiner Remote Management Enabled" and thought that would be it. Thank you. Now my other problem is it won't let me type anything in the password field. It asks for login as I put admin, but when it asks for the password, it won't let me type anything.

Ugh. Why don't KnC just show everything on their interface? -_-'

I think it came with FW 0.95. I'll try updating it to 0.97 and see how things go. I'm only getting 132GH/s at the BTC pool, and it's been almost an hour now.

it's normal for the password not to show as you are typing it..it's a security feature of Unix and Unix-like systems.  Just type "admin" and hit enter when prompted for the password.

As for "why don't they show everything in the interface"...ssh allows full unfettered access to the entire operating system.  It's kind of hard to do that from a web gui.  If you aren't comfortable with the linux cli..I wouldn't recommend you go poking around in there.
seanrarey

Activity: 168

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

My Saturn got delivered 3 hours ago at home, and I'm stuck here at work Sad ... I can feel all the BTCBTCBTC walking away from my wallet every minute that passes... d.day (difficulty change) is today (approx. 8 hours from now). This sucks. Hope I don't run into any problems with the miner.

Sudden stomach flu.

must..... rush..... home..... NOW!

Wink

DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:47:56 PM

it's normal for the password not to show as you are typing it..it's a security feature of Unix and Unix-like systems.  Just type "admin" and hit enter when prompted for the password.

As for "why don't they show everything in the interface"...ssh allows full unfettered access to the entire operating system.  It's kind of hard to do that from a web gui.  If you aren't comfortable with the linux cli..I wouldn't recommend you go poking around in there.

I tried both root and admin for username, and admin as password, but nothing works. It just tells me Access Denied. When I start to type the password, the courser doesn't even move. I don't think it's letting me type it in at all.
texaslabrat

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:51:54 PM

As for "why don't they show everything in the interface"...ssh allows full unfettered access to the entire operating system.  It's kind of hard to do that from a web gui.  If you aren't comfortable with the linux cli..I wouldn't recommend you go poking around in there.

I tried both root and admin for username, and admin as password, but nothing works. It just tells me Access Denied. When I start to type the password, the courser doesn't even move. I don't think it's letting me type it in at all.

The cursor isn't supposed to move.  But don't know what to tell you otherwise.  Have you changed the password of the webgui?  I believe the system-level password (ie ssh) is sync'd with that.
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:52:19 PM

fyi..

Current Blocks: 266049 | Current Difficulty: 267731249.48242 | Next Difficulty At Block: 266111 | Next Difficulty In: 62 blocks | Next Difficulty In About: 6 hours, 34 minutes, and 44 seconds | Next Difficulty Estimate: 388489950.99321624 | Estimated Percent Change: 45.1044477416
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:58:04 PM

fyi..

Current Blocks: 266049 | Current Difficulty: 267731249.48242 | Next Difficulty At Block: 266111 | Next Difficulty In: 62 blocks | Next Difficulty In About: 6 hours, 34 minutes, and 44 seconds | Next Difficulty Estimate: 388489950.99321624 | Estimated Percent Change: 45.1044477416

Can't complain about that, we did it lol

Not great reading for Cointerra and Hashfast folks I imagine though.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
il_minatore

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:59:12 PM

whit bertmod I had 1 unit thi CurrentOutput: 0.125 A... a VRM that doesn't work correctly? how can I fix?

thanks
Dreadmand

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:00:12 PM

somethings up.  I'm fighting with all my machines, someone hates me.
i switched my nonworking machines to eligius, now they work again... .Smiley

What was the pool that makes your miners freak out?
slush...and it was fine before,....huh

Hey Phoenix, I was working fine on Slush but I wanted to try Eligius so I switched. I ran with Eligius for about half a day and noticed I was getting better results with Slush so I switched back. Thats when all hell broke loose. Currently my Saturn will not mine with Slush anymore. I've cleared cache, reinstalled firmwares and nothing. But Eligius works fine, any ideas?
I just had the exact same experience, so...no...im still trying to get this sat up...there is a cold vrm...?...what to do?

Thanks for you input man. It turns out that Slush's pool was down all this time. It is still giving trouble to connect to. I will just stay on Eligius for now
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:02:18 PM

The cursor isn't supposed to move.  But don't know what to tell you otherwise.  Have you changed the password of the webgui?  I believe the system-level password (ie ssh) is sync'd with that.

Thank you very much. Yes, I did change the password for the webgui. I think I'm in now. But now what do I do now? Anyone know what command does what? As I've said before, I don't know anything about SSH, or linux for that matter.

Sorry guy for the problems, and the extra posts. Most of you guys are very helpful, so I've gotta ask :-) Thank you all in advance.

Also, now it doesn't seem to be mining. It started off at 38GH/s, then to 23, then to 16, then to 4, now to 2ghs and it all seems to be going to the "other" category on BTCGuild.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:11:19 PM

Thank you very much. Yes, I did change the password for the webgui. I think I'm in now. But now what do I do now? Anyone know what command does what? As I've said before, I don't know anything about SSH, or linux for that matter.

Sorry guy for the problems, and the extra posts. Most of you guys are very helpful, so I've gotta ask :-) Thank you all in advance.

Also, now it doesn't seem to be mining. It started off at 38GH/s, then to 23, then to 16, then to 4, now to 2ghs and it all seems to be going to the "other" category on BTCGuild.

Can you post a screen shot of the GUI and/or Putty window? Have you updated the firmware to .97 yet ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
texaslabrat

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:18:39 PM

Unless you are trying to do something specific at the OS/filesystem level, you really shouldn't be mucking around IMHO.  Only bad things can happen Wink
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:18:59 PM

Yes, I updated to FW 0.97, that is when the problem started. Before when it was on 0.95 it was mining at 134GH/s. Since I've updated, its not mining at all.

EDIT: I don't plan to muck around with ANYTHING. I just wanted to see stats on CGMiner because it was only showing up at 134GH/s on BTCGuild, and as I've paid for a Saturn, it should be at least 260+.

Then I remembered that 0.97 shows the stats, so I updated it to that so that I don't have to mess around with SSH.
texaslabrat

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:22:49 PM

Yes, I updated to FW 0.97, that is when the problem started. Before when it was on 0.95 it was mining at 134GH/s. Since I've updated, its not mining at all.

https://i.imgur.com/38QBA70l.jpg

EDIT: I don't plan to muck around with ANYTHING. I just wanted to see stats on CGMiner because it was only showing up at 134GH/s on BTCGuild, and as I've paid for a Saturn, it should be at least 260+.

Then I remembered that 0.97 shows the stats, so I updated it to that so that I don't have to mess around with SSH.

Fair enough Smiley  As for the mining issue...very weird..I would suggest downgrading to .96 and see how that runs for you.  Also, install the "enableallcores" patch as well just in case something has happened that made all of your cores get disabled during the patch process. 
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:33:41 PM

ps, even at the server it is showing improved hash rate....thanks phoenix1969.

I also, what I noticed the with the increased heat the output current has increased...which is what I suspect as a culprit for some miners, or rather a low output is indicative of a problem.

But now with the temp rise, what has happened, the chip with disabled cores is down to just 1 disabled...

I've been tracking a similar line of evidence for the last couple of days through my experiments with BFGMiner and various firmware levels.  My theory is that on my underperforming board (and probably many others' out there) the issue is cracked solder ball joints due to the shipment of the machines with the heatsinks attached (soy, among others, have surmised the same so I'm not taking full credit on this idea).  All the jostling enroute flexed the boards causing the solder defects.  The higher temperatures allow some thermal expansion of the solder which might temporarily "glue" back together the microfractures allowing better connectivity.  The fact that the solder is also a bit softer at those temperatures may aid in that.  I'm not an industrial electronics engineer so maybe I'm talking out of my ass here, but that's the best explanation I can come up with so far.

That also means that it *might* be possible to repair the boards with the (in)famous cook-the-pcb-in-the-oven trick.

..or maybe we figure out how to change the clock and *BAM!* higher temperatures for the bad cores and faster hashing for all cores!  Grin

astutiumRob

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 09:35:20 PM

2 reasons I've seen for them not mining

Simple way to check the mining software is doing is
screen -r
after SSH'ing inb

2 most common problems are:

* Network issues

ssh in a check it can resolve ok, by doing
wget http://google.ie
(then remove the index.html file you just d/loaded)

* Corrupt/Invalid config file

cd /config
cat network.conf
and check it carefully

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:41:45 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 09:57:26 PM by FeedbackLoop

Firmware 0.97 is better than 0.96 which is better than 0.95 and so on. Good job KnC!

Hmm i praised the 0.97 firmware, but now i have to change my statement. For me the 0.97 firmware had better speed in cgminer, but in the pool i had lower speed. Changed it back cu 0.96 and now in the pool i get close results as in cgminer. So be sure to check both.

Use accepted*2^32/time from KNC's cgminer or measure at pool. From Kano's post (click link for more details):

Accepted (paid) hash rate:
2^32 * Accepted / Elapsed = 461.3GH/s

All values reported in KNC's cgminer seem to include hardware error's (the lion share of lower performance for a lot of jupiters) and rejected shares.

il_minatore

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:50:52 PM

the ridiculous thing is that all these problems seems to be caused by a faulty VRM and not by the chip....
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:51:01 PM

I have no idea what the hell is going on

Pages: « 1 ... 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 [923] 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: