Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:28:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:51:48 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 02:17:47 PM by soy

Now I'm a retard, and a jackass according to edgar & xtr8guy...  quite the accomplishment.
To me, chastising someone for trying to help is retarded.
If you don't like my comments, PLEASE, feel free to put me on ignore.
This is totally unproductive, and I'd rather not waste time on such.

last time I said that on this forum (ignore me, please), somebody went back and flagged many of my posts getting me a string of 'deleted by moderator' messages.   gagged, censored.  very careful now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:53:06 PM

To maximise the performance of your November shipment orders, we recommend the following:
- for November Jupiter’s a 1200 Watt PSU with a minimum of four separate PCI-E adaptors (6 pins or 6+2 pin).
- for November Saturn’s an 850 Watt PSU with a minimum of two separate PCI-E adaptors (6 pins or 6+2 pin).

I might have missed it due to the noise level here but does this mean that the November Jupiter's are less efficient than their October counterparts?  I thought they were around 1W/GH

I would think yes. Even October miners are not 1W/GH/s at the wall - at least most of them. I am yet to see that statement come true for me.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:53:19 PM

To maximise the performance of your November shipment orders, we recommend the following:
- for November Jupiter’s a 1200 Watt PSU with a minimum of four separate PCI-E adaptors (6 pins or 6+2 pin).
- for November Saturn’s an 850 Watt PSU with a minimum of two separate PCI-E adaptors (6 pins or 6+2 pin).

I might have missed it due to the noise level here but does this mean that the November Jupiter's are less efficient than their October counterparts?  I thought they were around 1W/GH

if memory serves 'orama said 650+GH/s and that the max consumption measured at the wall during test was 1050W.

so yes the worst case scenario is 1.6W/GHs.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:56:48 PM

There are 8 main islands here in Hawaii,  But  technically 137 total islands in the Hawaiian chain.

Just saying.

Oh well, I guess I'll pry myself away from the computers
and do some actual labor around the farm today.....
Things are beginning to look like I abandoned
the place.... lol  

BTW:
Cointerra is saying mid February for Batch 1 Tear-the-money-from-your-wallet-Miner...!
Hashfast is sayin' Mid December for Batch 1 Baby Jetgusher...!
I don't feel any others are even worth mentioning....lol
Looks as if both CT & HF are taking March orders now....
and HF is asking the same price for a March unit,as they charged for a December unit....  OMG
Those Guys in So-Cal are smoking some good stuff...  lol
GO KNC!

Farm huh?  Maui Waui?   Grin

And who's in SoCal?  Cointerra is in Austin and HashFast is in Silicon Valley.
okay, silicon valley...
...and no, I'm on the actual Island of Hawaii, not Maui...
although the State is also called Hawaii....  we have 7 islands

BTW... what is this?...poke Ewok hour?  Cheesy

Anyone else notice NMC went to $2.50... !

Staying on the present topic, I'd love to live in Hawaii.  My father was a Seabee stationed there in WWII.  End of the war there were huge stores of partly assembled motorcycles, jeeps, cranes, trucks, all in cosmolene, that to prevent an adverse impact on post-war industry on the mainland, were laid to rest in large excavations and covered over.  They should be perfectly preserved in the cosmolene.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 01:59:19 PM

Networking problems,too.

I m in car for some hours now, have a look to my post before about the
give them a kick.

I figured out that stopping this, its better. Because every kick confuses the
spm bus also the hole system.

You can also make an dump throu, to see if there where will i2cset set an 1 2 and 3
is something other the 00.

I think this an be an solution.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:00:53 PM

You would need to have a screw loose to pay in BTC.  looks like we are in a reverse head and shoulders trading pattern, the only thing stopping it is the previous all time high. once we break $901 there is no looking back until $1300 - $1400 imho

why do you think o many people are paying stupid money for asics?  are they all confused about the diff factor and ROI?  nope.. there a lot of traders out there that know a $12000 KNC at 550GHS will get ROI.

Signature for hire!
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:02:53 PM

if memory serves 'orama said 650+GH/s and that the max consumption measured at the wall during test was 1050W.

Thanks guys.  That is a little disheartening.  Efficiency is really going to be key going forward.  Midsize miners will need lots of hashrate with minimal electric use to stay competitive.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 02:05:29 PM

Capitalising on the fact that I saw that dud cores are better disabled, here's an experimental binary that tunes things fairly aggressively:

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/kncminer/cgminer

First it enables all cores on startup (so it can take a while before it starts mining!)
Then it will disable cores after only 3 hw errors in a row, but staggers disabling of cores 5 seconds apart.
Then it tries re-enabling cores after only another minute, but staggers re-enabling them.
If the cores fail 3 times in a row, they're decommissioned at that point.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:06:19 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 02:21:34 PM by soy

Calm down folks. I just posted it to let people know it happens even to developers, and have read what people suggested, but none of those fixed my particular issue. Every time I try one of those fixes things seem to just get a little worse so I'm afraid to touch it now...

Conman - did you try the hard reset - 5 times + 5secs + 5 times?
Yep, didn't make a difference.

thx & sorry it didnt help.

you made it quite clear nothing advised had helped but some people need it literally spelled out to get a clue.

what GH/s rate are you getting now?

mine has s.l.o.w.l.y crawled up to 530.1Gh/s over the past few days. could be and has been a lot worse.
It eventually speeds up to almost normal hashrate, but is laggy as in connecting and never quite averages as much as it used to because of that, making rejects worse too. Maybe it's just coincidence and the problem is elsewhere in my network but the timing with happening from the moment I upgraded to 0.99 is hard to ignore when I haven't changed anything else. Downgrading didn't fix it either.

I know its' saturday but just try to join kncminer channel @ freenode, hno's usuallly to be there most of the time.

I had seen an effect and it may be unique to my machine but you could look.  Case off, I diverted air from the two front fans down onto the BBB.  Hashrate rose (in cgminer).  Took the cardboard away and the hashrate plummeted.  I keep the airflow on the BBB now.  As I say it could be unique to my miner.  EDIT: Oh, and don't just put cardboard and take it away seconds later, let it sit diverting air for some minutes - long enough to change the temp of a chip on the 'underside' of the BBB.
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:11:19 PM

You would need to have a screw loose to pay in BTC.  looks like we are in a reverse head and shoulders trading pattern, the only thing stopping it is the previous all time high. once we break $901 there is no looking back until $1300 - $1400 imho

why do you think o many people are paying stupid money for asics?  are they all confused about the diff factor and ROI?  nope.. there a lot of traders out there that know a $12000 KNC at 550GHS will get ROI.

Look at it this way, you are in a country where it is difficulty to get money out as private person. Now you can buy bitcoins in your currency and wait a week, then spend most of them for your study fees you had to pay anyways, but instead of using banks and stuff you did it through bitcoin und saved a nice amount.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:14:19 PM

Calm down folks. I just posted it to let people know it happens even to developers, and have read what people suggested, but none of those fixed my particular issue. Every time I try one of those fixes things seem to just get a little worse so I'm afraid to touch it now...

Conman - did you try the hard reset - 5 times + 5secs + 5 times?
Yep, didn't make a difference.

thx & sorry it didnt help.

you made it quite clear nothing advised had helped but some people need it literally spelled out to get a clue.

what GH/s rate are you getting now?

mine has s.l.o.w.l.y crawled up to 530.1Gh/s over the past few days. could be and has been a lot worse.
It eventually speeds up to almost normal hashrate, but is laggy as in connecting and never quite averages as much as it used to because of that, making rejects worse too. Maybe it's just coincidence and the problem is elsewhere in my network but the timing with happening from the moment I upgraded to 0.99 is hard to ignore when I haven't changed anything else. Downgrading didn't fix it either.

I know its' saturday but just try to join kncminer channel @ freenode, hno's usuallly to be there most of the time.

I had seen an effect and it may be unique to my machine but you could look.  Case off, I diverted air from the two front fans down onto the BBB.  Hashrate rose (in cgminer).  Took the cardboard away and the hashrate plummeted.  I keep the airflow on the BBB now.  As I say it could be unique to my miner.

Also, somebody's earlier post described moving a Jupiter closer to the floor and the hashrate dropping.  If in moving it closer to the floor he put it too close to a wall so there was some obstruction to the airflow out the back, it would reduce the airflow over the BBB at the front causing a drop in hashrate if his machine reacts to a BBB cooling change with a hashrate change as mine does.
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:15:45 PM

Capitalising on the fact that I saw that dud cores are better disabled, here's an experimental binary that tunes things fairly aggressively:

First it enables all cores on startup (so it can take a while before it starts mining!)
Then it will disable cores after only 3 hw errors in a row, but staggers disabling of cores 5 seconds apart.
Then it tries re-enabling cores after only another minute, but staggers re-enabling them.

Nice!!

As soon as the first report good numbers I'll go for it.
Currently running stable on 3.8.2 with my 5/192 bad cores board, so I don't want to mess with it now.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:15:57 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 02:32:01 PM by edgar

Now I'm a retard, and a jackass according to edgar & xtr8guy...  quite the accomplishment.
To me, chastising someone for trying to help is retarded.
If you don't like my comments, PLEASE, feel free to put me on ignore.
This is totally unproductive, and I'd rather not waste time on such.

Appreciate the lessened uptime, but dont play the victim again - bragging and repeating irrelevant non help isnt trying to help, its called blowing your own trumpet and its annoying. Just like being called on it is annoying.

Its not the first time its been mentioned, and not by just 1 person who finds it distasteful.

I dont wish to ignore you, you have made some very decent posts but you do go on & on...

i also disagree its unproductive to get closer to each other and let others know when they cross boundaries - we can all learn from each other.

As for my earlier post, im not 100% sure what it means, presumably a number of things.

It was indeed stated that the Nov rigs are to be expected to hash at 650Gh/s or more, but 1200w...

the 'recommended''inclined to go for' silent pro gold 1200w only has 2 PCI-e ports while the not powerful enough v1000 has 4 ports...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3613013#msg3613013

the hosted novembers will be powered by 2 v850s so presumably they have PCI-e cables coming out of their ears in stockholm...

but my emphasis was regarding the lack of direct feedback concerning using only 3 cables on the october rigs and 0die dc/dc low current concerns which for most seem to have been rectified, thankfully by repeated reboots & fw upgrades & downgrades.

but NOT Mine!

does anyone with the right knowledge know if using only 3 cables is even possible to effect or be caused by the vrm/0die dc/dc low current problems??

sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:23:54 PM

many thanks.

anyway looking at /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh it seems to me that all the cores are are enabled at start time by the script itself, no?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 02:30:07 PM

Can you include an option like:

-dcrsp "a72, b191, c18, e88"

(dcrsp = disable cores permanent)
a = Asic-Board 1
b = 2
f  = 6

because some cores are really death, and enabeling them will be an problem for current work on shares!

You can put this array to the cgminer code where also the enablecores is pointed.

What do ypu think about this?

What I not understand is why inside the monitor script is also included the enabeld cores.
One time yes, but not so often.

Like Orama said: "Running through the floor and opening and closing the doors" I think it´s too much opening and closing the dors.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:32:31 PM

Thanks guys.  That is a little disheartening.  Efficiency is really going to be key going forward.  Midsize miners will need lots of hashrate with minimal electric use to stay competitive.

I think it's just that the November batch is capable of being pushed harder (higher clockspeed, higher voltage, lower efficiency) using the forthcoming tuning suite.  If you wanted you could tune it back down to have performance and efficiency similar to what the October batch is running now..

I imagine most miners will run theirs as hard as they can in the near term.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:36:29 PM

I agree with you but overclocking should probably not be the focus of future hardware revisions versus raw efficiency gains.  High overall hashrate for a single unit is just a good excuse to charge higher prices at the expense of not being able to use the device as long as you can. Not everyone has sub 10c electric. Cheesy

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
sudya_dred

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:40:20 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 08:12:39 PM by sudya_dred

Hard day. KNCminer Water cooling upgrade.

Just photo. More stat later.

https://i.imgur.com/WSQO2pV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1cFtkXx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FAlPMkD.jpg

May the Force be with you Smiley
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:43:29 PM

Hard day. KNCminer Water cooling upgrade.

Just photo.

May the Force be with you Smiley

wow

porno for miners!

did you chose to put heatsinks on top of the VMRs because they were running too hot in this configuration ?

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:45:56 PM

Very Well Done.

details

performance...
Pages: « 1 ... 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: