Bitcoin Forum
December 03, 2016, 02:02:02 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: What type of pool payouts do you prefer?
Bitcoins - 3160 (80.5%)
Bank transfer / USD - 407 (10.4%)
Gold/silver coins and bars - 359 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 3924

Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 1105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [40+ PH] SlushPool (slushpool.com); World's First Mining Pool  (Read 3926347 times)
Lucko

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:44:50 PM

Well there are some things in slush method that I couldn't find described anywhere and I figure them out or someone told me on IRC.

One if a worker goes offline for more then 30 minuts don't turn it on agen till end of a block. If you do restart it it will reset scores for all the workers. I don't get why we have this one. So I just start it with a diffident username from the working worker or put it on a backup PPS pool till the end of a block...

If you have a slow miner(CPU) it can affect your payouts dramaticly(probably because it didn't send any results in for 30 minutes). And never in a good way from my experiences(OK it could be also good but so small that I didn't notice)... I get more since I stop CPU mining with separate worker... I just add a CPU on a GPU worker and it is fine...(I know waist of electricity but I don't pay it per KWh).

So this is just my 2 cents in help for new users...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lanidarc

Activity: 48

hmmm

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:49:35 PM

Slush's pool numbers looking good! Currently second most capable pool  Cheesy

Also nice to see the stratum use go to 97%

Tips for tips: 1Cy5WzZL6o58dLbqzFK9z4DxcP4prV3WkQ
Lucko

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:57:06 PM

Good and bad. NMC mining is getwork only... I like to get something exstra...
Lucko

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:04:02 PM

Are you sure about NMC being getwork only? In only use stratum and NMC seems to work fine for me.
Yes they are getwork only but everyone who has NMC address gets them. Even if you don't contribute anything to solution... You get them based on a BTC rewords...
Camello_AR

Activity: 43

A Miner Guy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:06:38 PM

Are you sure about NMC being getwork only?

NMC is mined only vía getwork, but pays to everyone that have an NMC address. In the past days with stratum gone off and miners switched to GetWork, the NMC payouts increased significatly

Donations
1GWHKbwGvAEAzgjHa1nRCrAGWPLeY3ot3r
Sorry for my english. I'm native Spanish speaker
TiborB

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:11:36 PM

Are you sure about NMC being getwork only?

NMC is mined only vía getwork, but pays to everyone that have an NMC address. In the past days with stratum gone off and miners switched to GetWork, the NMC payouts increased significatly

Ok, that is clear now. Thanks.

Cheers,
   T
OlgaA524

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:24:00 PM

Well there are some things in slush method that I couldn't find described anywhere and I figure them out or someone told me on IRC.

One if a worker goes offline for more then 30 minuts don't turn it on agen till end of a block. If you do restart it it will reset scores for all the workers. I don't get why we have this one. So I just start it with a diffident username from the working worker or put it on a backup PPS pool till the end of a block...

If you have a slow miner(CPU) it can affect your payouts dramaticly(probably because it didn't send any results in for 30 minutes). And never in a good way from my experiences(OK it could be also good but so small that I didn't notice)... I get more since I stop CPU mining with separate worker... I just add a CPU on a GPU worker and it is fine...(I know waist of electricity but I don't pay it per KWh).

So what you are saying is - it is better to have 1 fast worker then fast worker and a slow worker? Hmm... maybe that explains how my return varies from block to block for up to 30% even though I do not turn off my workers and their speed doesn't change. Under current algorithm it seem to be better to assign slower workers to some PPS pool   Huh

PS. I like Slush's pool but the return does vary significantly from block to block under seemingly the same conditions from my side.

18rWR6S4onARe8AQ1RgG4iGWKas3R97k4T - donations are most welcome
Kruncha

Activity: 420

Winter is coming...

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:26:45 PM

So what you are saying is - it is better to have 1 fast worker then fast worker and a slow worker? Hmm... maybe that explains how my return varies from block to block for up to 30% even though I do not turn off my workers and their speed doesn't change. Under current algorithm it seem to be better to assign slower workers to some PPS pool   Huh

Or assign your worker to the same account...

K.
OlgaA524

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:43:14 PM

K.

Not sure what you mean. I have 3 workers on the same account.

Lucko

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:46:11 PM

K.

Worker accaunt...
Kruncha

Winter is coming...

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:49:55 PM

K.

I thought it was made clear that the latest hashes/shares submittled had the highest score? it says it on his website (migration control if i'm not mistaken).

K.
OlgaA524

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:54:17 PM

K.

I thought it was made clear that the latest hashes/shares submittled had the highest score? it says it on his website (migration control if i'm not mistaken).

K.

right, but do slower workers really affect the fastest one by bad luck??? I did not see confirmation for that.

I was under the impression that each worker's contribution is computed independently and they added up to total w/o affecting each other.

Kruncha

Winter is coming...

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:26:16 PM

K.

K.

right, but do slower workers really affect the fastest one by bad luck??? I did not see confirmation for that.

I was under the impression that each worker's contribution is computed independently and they added up to total w/o affecting each other.

Really?, have you spent time observing? - I don't think it's bad, but, it is the way it is, full stop.

K.
OlgaA524

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:35:04 PM

K.

K.

Really?, have you spent time observing? - I don't think it's bad, but, it is the way it is, full stop.

K.

Well Kruncha you are not helping, I am sorry but none of your answers made any sense or any point

agento2

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:41:12 PM

Would it be possible to get the current round duration on the account page?

14BAmoY3JopfDS8EJWZSgfNK2saLD4aXCt
Kruncha

Winter is coming...

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:43:27 PM

K.

K.

K.

Well Kruncha you are not helping, I am sorry but none of your answers made any sense or any point

Look , I'm not here to argue, I love this site. The score system works as I have observed it to work, ask Slush, he'll tell you.

K.
OlgaA524

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:44:39 PM

K.

Worker accaunt...

Hi Lucko, you saying that I can just start all my 3 workers under the same worker name?

nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:49:50 PM

K.

K.

K.

Look , I'm not here to argue, I love this site. The score system works as I have observed it to work, ask Slush, he'll tell you.

K.

Olga, Kruncha - take it offline please...

donations not accepted
Lucko

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:56:01 PM

So what you are saying is - it is better to have 1 fast worker then fast worker and a slow worker? Hmm... maybe that explains how my return varies from block to block for up to 30% even though I do not turn off my workers and their speed doesn't change. Under current algorithm it seem to be better to assign slower workers to some PPS pool   Huh

K.

Worker accaunt...

Hi Lucko, you saying that I can just start all my 3 workers under the same worker name?

I do and I had no problems... Well But I'm running with 2 account. One per computer... And using cgminer(better hashes) for GPU and GUIminer for CPU... But then you don't have such good control over the workers... If you see low hashes on page you need to look at computer to see if there is a problem...

And yes I noted that if a slow miner on his own worker send one share after more then 30 minutes all workers scores for all workers are reset to 0... And if that happens at the end of the round it is really bad...  You could get almost noting because of that... I can understand resetting the worker in question bat all. I don't get that...

EDIT: cgminer takes all GPUs and run them on one worker not the same as GUI that you need worker per GPU and CPU...
Kruncha

Winter is coming...

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:00:03 PM

K.

K.

K.

K.

Olga, Kruncha - take it offline please...

If that's your answer, why bother posting?

k.
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 1105 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.