Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2018, 07:24:27 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] dstm's ZCash / Equihash Nvidia Miner v0.6.1 (Linux / Windows)  (Read 215706 times)
camsarria

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:40:53 AM

To me i get way more stable and better hash rate with Your Miner then ewbf. Your Fee is justified. Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BOUNTY PORTALS
BLOG
WHERE BOUNTY MANAGEMENT
MEETS AUTOMATION
SIGNATURE CAMPAIGNS
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIA CAMPAIGNS
AND MORE!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
64dimensions

Activity: 537
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:14:11 AM

It happens because very smart boy - dstm hardcoded fee pool in this miner. When pool (flypool) is down miner is out of work. So I lost more than hour on my farms it is much more than fee. Now I switched to EWBF - it is less vulnerable to such a treats.

Bye bye dstm..

Same here, 8 Hours offline with 30 x 1080 GPUs because of this problem.
not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF
it connected instantly, 0 problems.

I lost a lot of money today.
sorry dstm but i can't afford problems like this, my profit marging is too thin right now to be offfline 8 hours for such a stupid issue.

That's perfectly valid ofc, no doubt - sry for the downtime.
I'm currently in contact with different pool owners, to be able to distribute pools across different networks.
I'm still not really happy about the failover draft, it has some corner cases that I don't like - like local network issues - more difficulties for people which have to tunnel all their traffic through a proxy - but I'm working on it.

Comments:

1) To these miners: it's not DSTM's fault that you lost money, it's your fault. Your greed got you in trouble.:

a) What business expects operational perfection in forecasting profit? So if you owned a trucking business, all the trucks would work perfectly? What would happen if a squirrel shorted out a breaker at the local power distribution station? There are some particular power distribution transformers that could take a week+ to replace because they are not stock items. Where I live, count on small animals, car crashes and lighting power outages.

b) You are stupid and greedy if you immediately deployed DSTM's miner across all your miners and then dumped on DSTM for any flaws. What was wrong with just running it on one mining setup? Even those bastions of software excellence, Microsoft and AMD, deploy updates that have problems/flaws. Why are you newbies dumping on one guy?

You guys need to come up with some sort of procedure for software deployment given all the noise you are making about how serious you are.

My procedure(not for everyone).

I'm conservative. I typically run at least 1 to 2 months behind any improved mining software. If the improvement is only a few %, I won't bite because crash free operation is worth a few per cent. If it's a few % hash increase plus a few per cent decrease in power consumption, this gets on my radar. I will wait several more weeks until people on the board I trust vouch for it. I then run this "new" software on one miner. Every crash adds a day of evaluation after a "corrective" homemade or goggle tweak. I have no expertise in determining whether there is bad stuff hidden in any software, this is my major concern. Yet another reason to treat this board's reliable software coders with respect and stop whining about their cut.
induktor

Activity: 706

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:32:21 AM

It happens because very smart boy - dstm hardcoded fee pool in this miner. When pool (flypool) is down miner is out of work. So I lost more than hour on my farms it is much more than fee. Now I switched to EWBF - it is less vulnerable to such a treats.

Bye bye dstm..

not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF

sorry dstm but i can't afford problems like this, my profit marging is too thin right now to be offfline 8 hours for such a stupid issue.

I'm currently in contact with different pool owners, to be able to distribute pools across different networks.
I'm still not really happy about the failover draft, it has some corner cases that I don't like - like local network issues - more difficulties for people which have to tunnel all their traffic through a proxy - but I'm working on it.

Comments:

1) To these miners: it's not DSTM's fault that you lost money, it's your fault. Your greed got you in trouble.:

a) What business expects operational perfection in forecasting profit? So if you owned a trucking business, all the trucks would work perfectly? What would happen if a squirrel shorted out a breaker at the local power distribution station? There are some particular power distribution transformers that could take a week+ to replace because they are not stock items. Where I live, count on small animals, car crashes and lighting power outages.

b) You are stupid and greedy if you immediately deployed DSTM's miner across all your miners and then dumped on DSTM for any flaws. What was wrong with just running it on one mining setup? Even those bastions of software excellence, Microsoft and AMD, deploy updates that have problems/flaws. Why are you newbies dumping on one guy?

You guys need to come up with some sort of procedure for software deployment given all the noise you are making about how serious you are.

I'm conservative. I typically run at least 1 to 2 months behind any improved mining software. If the improvement is only a few %, I won't bite because crash free operation is worth a few per cent. If it's a few % hash increase plus a few per cent decrease in power consumption, this gets on my radar. I will wait several more weeks until people on the board I trust vouch for it. I then run this "new" software on one miner. Every crash adds a day of evaluation after a "corrective" homemade or goggle tweak. I have no expertise in determining whether there is bad stuff hidden in any software, this is my major concern. Yet another reason to treat this board's reliable software coders with respect and stop whining about their cut.

That's why only 1/3 of my miners runs ZM miner, the rest are with EWBF and others.

yes I am greedy, i like money, i also like technology, and mining is the best of both worlds, but make no mistake, we ALL are here to make money, so greed or no greed, we all need to get even, to achieve ROI, hardware is expensive!, power is also VERY expensive!, i invest heavily in mining hardware, and i expect it to perform accordingly.
I setup everything to insane perfection, so when something that it's out of my hand, happens, and my miners stays offline for so long, i get mad!, not to dstm, he is working hard to make the miner great, he'll eventually get it right, but to the situation, yes I rant, so he fix it  Grin can't help it  Grin (sorry dstm if i was rude btw) LOL

I run linux, have my own custom distro, totally automated, with near 99.99% uptime.
testing something for 1 month in crypto could be suicide, here things change so rapidly that usually testing is the week-range, IMHO, not more!.

BTW: i haven't deployed ZM overnight, dstm knows my case, i tested it for 2 weeks on a 1080Ti, then decide to move to three rigs (6x1080) and then some more, stability was pretty good until this happens, and yes eu pools got fucked up by some major ISP nothing we can do about it, i inmediately changed to another location and another pool and then i realized that ZM was "locked" to eu port on fly pool, so i switched to EWBF (yes 8 hours LATE because i was dealing with a F* mess in a plant with some PLC controller , and had no time to check my miners, so yes i cursed at me as well for not taking 30 seconds to check my miners remotely)

anyway.....shit happens...
all online again Smiley
cheers
indkt.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
dstm

Activity: 322
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:45:25 AM

Bye bye dstm..

not anymore.
I'll go back to EWBF

Comments:

That's why only 1/3 of my miners runs ZM miner, the rest are with EWBF and others.

yes I am greedy, i like money, i also like technology, and mining is the best of both worlds, but make no mistake, we ALL are here to make money, so greed or no greed, we all need to get even, to achieve ROI, hardware is expensive!, power is also VERY expensive!, i invest heavily in mining hardware, and i expect it to perform accordingly.
I setup everything to insane perfection, so when something that it's out of my hand, happens, and my miners stays offline for so long, i get mad!, not to dstm, he is working hard to make the miner great, he'll eventually get it right, but to the situation, yes I rant, so he fix it  Grin can't help it  Grin (sorry dstm if i was rude btw) LOL

I run linux, have my own custom distro, totally automated, with near 99.99% uptime.
testing something for 1 month in crypto could be suicide, here things change so rapidly that usually testing is the week-range, IMHO, not more!.

BTW: i haven't deployed ZM overnight, dstm knows my case, i tested it for 2 weeks on a 1080Ti, then decide to move to three rigs (6x1080) and then some more, stability was pretty good until this happens, and yes eu pools got fucked up by some major ISP nothing we can do about it, i inmediately changed to another location and another pool and then i realized that ZM was "locked" to eu port on fly pool, so i switched to EWBF (yes 8 hours LATE because i was dealing with a F* mess in a plant with some PLC controller , and had no time to check my miners, so yes i cursed at me as well for not taking 30 seconds to check my miners remotely)

anyway.....shit happens...
all online again Smiley
cheers
indkt.

No, there was nothing rude in your comment, it's a perfectly valid position. It's very interesting how people are different in their judgments with respect to this.

Concerning ZM's flypool 'lock'. As far as I understand flypool has a high uptime something about 99.9x/8x%, this is what my tests during the last months suggest it also matches the experience people have made so far. ZM's implementation was based on this numbers.

The downtime because of ISP issues is really a stupid thing - zm clearly needs an improvement here. I don't really like the failover pool solution - it has some corner cases. I prefer much more to ignore the submission of dev fee shares in cases of server outages. This is less complex and perfectly reliable for you, however this easy to abuse and I'm not able to predict how many installations would do so.
R2D2mine

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:16:08 AM

I think it's fair to remove fee until a solution is found.
Andrey09

Activity: 149

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 09:33:34 AM

Problem while mining ZEN ON  https://zenmine.pro

eu.zenmine.pro:9009

Every 2 minutes conection closed by server r:0

Could you check please?

EWBS work on this server without problem, with dstm every ~2-4 minutes conection closed by server r:0

SOON AT 10 SEPTEMBER HARDFORK from enthusiasts for the community.
★ANON Website - www.anonymousbitcoin.io
★RATE: 1 ZCL or 1 BTC = 1 ANON
dstm

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:24:47 PM

Could you check please?

EWBS work on this server without problem, with dstm every ~2-4 minutes conection closed by server r:0

I'm able to reproduce this.
The server sends a TCP FIN packet i.e. closes the connection periodically.
Are you sure about your tests with other mining software?
Andrey09

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 12:29:38 PM

One from my rings on EWBF and he is work properly on this poll, without reconnect 2 hours in the time while dstm have a lot of reconnect.
I'm sure it was in the same time.

jeblond

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:01:09 PM

I dont understand how you can have 8 hours downtime ( from the miner point of view )
When this network failed happened i got notification from flypool and from my watchdog, i investigated, took me 10 minutes to switch back all my rigs on ewbf and to change the server from europe to asia.
In that day i made more coins then usual because a lot of miners didnt react to flypool europe server failure and the difficulty dropped.
The next day i switched back to dstm's miner.

If you mine and want uptime USE WATCHDOGS  SCRIPTS dont blame this on the mining software.

anyreason.ua

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:30:32 PM

I dont understand how you can have 8 hours downtime ( from the miner point of view )

Agree. At first I recieved a message from programmatic wathdog that connection is lost. Second - tryed to switch to another pool on dstm, had no luck. At third, I have a VNC Client on my phone, so when I saw that fypool in EU is down and dstm is unable to connect, I quickly switched EWBF to US server. It took me 10 mins to restore mining from my mobile phone, being in the ofiice at that time.
dstm

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:45:55 PM

One from my rings on EWBF and he is work properly on this poll, without reconnect 2 hours in the time while dstm have a lot of reconnect.

The server closes the connection periodically - even if I'm using a single connection to it.
You might see it more often on zm since it uses multiple connections, however you should also see similar behavior on other mining software.
ypsi

Activity: 336
Merit: 158

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:03:09 PM

When this network failed happened i got notification from flypool and from my watchdog, i investigated, took me 10 minutes to switch back all my rigs on ewbf and to change the server from europe to asia.
In that day i made more coins then usual because a lot of miners didnt react to flypool europe server failure and the difficulty dropped.

If you mine and want uptime USE WATCHDOGS  SCRIPTS dont blame this on the mining software.

I have to agree with you on that one. But, and this is important, it's not always possible that you are actually able to change it. Let's say when you're asleep or out of town on a business trip or whatever.
For me the issue with dstm is still the CPU usage, it's a bit too high for me to justify using it currently. But I am sure that will improve over time as well as the way it handles the fee connections.

--ypsi
Andrey09

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 06:54:11 PM

The server closes the connection periodically - even if I'm using a single connection to it.
You might see it more often on zm since it uses multiple connections, however you should also see similar behavior on other mining software.

luckpool.org

ZEN mining SAME PROBLEM.

Even on single 1060 card. Something wrong with mining ZEN.

Please FIX.

EWBF work fine.

Could dstm miner ignore this packet ? continue mining ?

zm 0.5.4

balkeep

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:05:53 PM

luckpool.org

ZEN mining SAME PROBLEM.

Even on single 1060 card. Something wrong with mining ZEN.

Please FIX.

EWBF work fine.

uptime:     0 days  20:16:11
contime:     0 days  20:16:01
version:   zm 0.5.4
host:   Stacey
server:   zen.suprnova.cc:3618
user:   balkeep.Stacey
ayke99

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:59:08 PM

Could you check please?

I'm able to reproduce this.
Are you sure about your tests with other mining software?
I had the same problem using zm with pool.sexy but not every 2 min , i think more than 30
induktor

Activity: 706

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:51:33 PM

If you mine and want uptime USE WATCHDOGS  SCRIPTS dont blame this on the mining software.

I do have watchdogs, but the process was not unloaded entirely, so the watchdog didn't see that.
I periodically check the miners, but this particular day i was in a plant dealing with a PLC from an automated extrusion machine that was acting up, and i didn't have the time to check, because i had the engineers discussing what could be the problem plus the management guys coming every 5 minutes to see if i was able to fix it so.... Grin like i said, unique scenario, normally i'll find out in a couple of hours tops.
Oh! on top of that my business parner (which he also check for my rigs, was on vacation)
perfect storm, you know....
Oh, did I mention this plant is in the middle of the country, with no LTE connection, only wifi from the plant, 1MB connection via radio which sucks, and also the wifi does not cover the entire plant so where i was working i had no data coverage at all, had to go to the office to get that 100 mts away.... so.... perfect storm +1  Grin

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
scyth33

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:51:50 PM

is this miner capable of pointing each gpu to different pools?
gurupool

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:53:44 PM

Hey DSTM. Do not worry about the bug of this week about the fees. We are 100% behind you. For us, this problem shows more a BIG centralizing trouble on Flypool. Amazing that all goes to 1 pool without worrying about the consequences.

We suggest you apply your fees on ALL pools. Randomly.

Don't forget to try our new Zcash Pool: https://zpool.guru
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2262047

And we will publish a testnet pool next week. This can be usefull in some dev cases.

zpool.guru - The Guru Experience
dstm

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:58:27 PM

is this miner capable of pointing each gpu to different pools?

ZM has no support for this currently - however zm is capable of this due to it's design. If there is demand for this I'll add it. I'm not sure if the additional (configuration) complexity is worth it. Something similar is achievable by using the '--dev' option + starting multiply zm processes.
dstm

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:06:43 PM

Hey DSTM. Do not worry about the bug of this week about the fees. We are 100% behind you.
Thx for supporting me - including all the people with their previous post. I'm not happy about the failure ofc but the current dev branch contains a solution to this already.

For us, this problem shows more a BIG centralizing trouble on Flypool. Amazing that all goes to 1 pool without worrying about the consequences.
Right, this a valid point. POW based cryptocurrencies are vulnerable to 51% attacks - decentralization is crucial to them and may affect their acceptance. Reward variance is larger for smaller pools ofc - however expected reward values are equal (if there are no other differences) - so this is not a disadvantage in general.

We suggest you apply your fees on ALL pools. Randomly.
This is the most optimal solution. However there are some constraints regarding the pool quality. Current dev branch has all the needed functionality for this - so it's easy to add new pools.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.