Bitcoin Forum
August 21, 2024, 12:17:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530543 times)
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:19:59 AM

And what you are illustrating is a hunger in the market for the authentic currency with privacy intact.

I don't think the dropping of the mask had anything to do with loss of credibility, in fact I don't perceive any loss in credibility whatsoever.
Just the opposite is true, the devs showed that they don't need to hide behind a marketing gimmick.

As for, "looking to cash in quickly on a fool's grail," I call bullshit.  There is no activity at all toward pump and dump.
Either you have an agenda, have no clue, or are just plain stupid.

You raise 3 points, not one of which is valid.

1) Yes there is interest obviously in coins with anonymity. Nobody doubts that. So what point are you making? You are saying "there is an interest in privacy coins, therefore anoncoin is justified in..." what? Making that its only focus?

2) You don't perceive a loss in credibility of anoncoin? You think the devs gained credibility by not hiding behind a 'marketing gimmick'? Please. They considered the anon mask a liability, thought they might have broader appeal without it. Instead all they did was remove the one thing that distinguished the coin from dozens of others. They miscalculated.

3) Again you are distorting the argument in order to seem to win. The mask etc was dropped to help the coin gain popularity. It backfired. Now anc is losing ground. There is no longer anything that sets it above other coins. Whichever anonymous coin is the first to start looking at the global picture will succeed. At this point there is no indication that anc devs have any interest beyond "becoming the most anonymous coin", an endless pursuit.

Can you, or anyone, clarify the goals of anc devs? They dropped their one small globally recognized statement/symbol. Meeh is working with another dev on something that might or might not be useful, but which a truly anonymous coin should not need. Does anoncoin have any intentions or objectives different than the mass of other privacy coins?

Now of course you will say " the other ones are mostly scams, anoncoin is not" blah blah blah In other words there is no difference right now between anoncoin and lots of other coins except anc has taken steps to try to appeal to more people by softening any sharp edges it may have once had, in your words it dropped the "marketing gimmick". Is that right?
Hi Luigi, I can't clarify what the goals of the developers are, but I see this somewhat differently than you do. To me, Anoncoin is way more hardcore and serious than "Anonymous". Though anonymous does some cool stuff from time to time, there is a lot of immaturity in the group as a whole. Anoncoin actually is proposing a solution to combat the hegemony of the central banks, whereas all that Anonymous has done is to hack their web pages. I am all for freedom of information, so I welcome the attacks that Anonymous has organized, even though they have not really achieved much in the end.

Based on everything the developers have done, it is clear that they have some sympathy with the goals of "anonymous", but that they are also not conforming to the group mentality and stereotypes. If Anoncoin were to define itself only by a logo (i.e., Guy Fawkes mask), that would be pretty sad.

In any case, I agree that there should be some reference to the political leanings of Anoncoin on the new web site. Though not explicit on the current web site, it is implicit. I am working with n00n on this as we speak to make this more explicit, so concrete proposals for the text of the new site would be welcome.

Again, I also disagree with your analysis of pursuit of anonymity. To me, this pursuit is not endless. There is a goal to become anonymous. No coin has achieved anonymity yet, as it makes no sense to be X% anonymous. With Zerocoin and I2P (baring bugs in the code) anoncoin would be truly anonymous.
lunokhod2

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:23:55 AM

With the exception of CryptoNote no other anon coin offers even a remote chance at real anonymity.  Nothing but gimmicks.

I'm pretty stunned at how many people are paying big money for CrapCoins for gimmicks like DARK, BitcoinDark, etc...

Cryptonote started with bytecoin. We already know bytecoin released fake names as its key devs, along with probably fake bios. The release of that first cn coin has huge questions around it, including whether its early blockchain is even real. Some of the promotional material of that first cryptonote coin was done in a way that copied exactly the presentation style of government projects. Not one early buyer or miner has stepped forward.

I don't know anything about cryptography but I'd be cautious.
Yes. Cryptonote offers good privacy (probably the best available today). Bytecoin (the first cryptonote coin), was some sort of scam. Monero (the first CN coin released in a fair manner) is a good coin.
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:08:42 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 12:38:35 PM by drAGon925

First, I look at the ANC like any other coin, like BTC/LTC, but ofc for me it is better and more rare.
Then I see the ANC with the team behind him who enjoys creating safer / anonymous web, software, applications.

If ANC will only have A or GF mask for a logo, it does not matter to me.

Marketing is very important in this "initial" stage. But I do not mind the low price of the ANC right now,
I'm buying every few weeks on new lows , and that is ok for me : )

It is good that meeh is finally start work on ANC/ZC, and helps gnosis who is obviously doesn't have much time.

And Pablo, we need you, but we do not understand you, besides your perfect english  Wink

drAGon925

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:27:01 PM

https://www.anoncoinbuy.com/

Great quality tshirts !!!

Wink
geekz

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

जगत् िमत

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:50:14 PM

With the exception of CryptoNote no other anon coin offers even a remote chance at real anonymity.  Nothing but gimmicks.
I'm pretty stunned at how many people are paying big money for CrapCoins for gimmicks like DARK, BitcoinDark, etc...

Cryptonote started with bytecoin. We already know bytecoin released fake names as its key devs, along with probably fake bios. The release of that first cn coin has huge questions around it, including whether its early blockchain is even real. Some of the promotional material of that first cryptonote coin was done in a way that copied exactly the presentation style of government projects. Not one early buyer or miner has stepped forward.

Yes. Cryptonote offers good privacy (probably the best available today). Bytecoin (the first cryptonote coin), was some sort of scam. Monero (the first CN coin released in a fair manner) is a good coin.

There is a thin line between what data has to be hidden and what has to be public in a public ledger based peer to peer electronic currency.  One of the best features of bitcoin is the public ledger. And the ledger allows anyone to see the transaction and the addresses involved. It is certainly very important. It helps in creating systems where multiple users have to verify the transaction without being the owner of it.   It opens doors for creating public organizations etc.

Its not possible by cryptonote.  Only the owner of the privatekey can only view & verify the transaction.   So, i dont think its better.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:21:33 PM

There is a thin line between what data has to be hidden and what has to be public in a public ledger based peer to peer electronic currency.  One of the best features of bitcoin is the public ledger. And the ledger allows anyone to see the transaction and the addresses involved. It is certainly very important. It helps in creating systems where multiple users have to verify the transaction without being the owner of it.   It opens doors for creating public organizations etc.

Its not possible by cryptonote.  Only the owner of the privatekey can only view & verify the transaction.   So, i dont think its better.

Not really.
In CN you make a new ring sig, using the same key image but different (random) data, thats only possible if you own the private key.
Then you can disclose the random number used to create the one time address.

Everone can check that the one time address i send money to can be created using the pubkey and intermediate random number.
Ideally you pack this into a payment protocol outside of the blockchain.

And for Donationaddresses/Charities who need a transparency they can simply publish their viewkey.

entertheabyss

Activity: 686
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:11:28 PM

And what you are illustrating is a hunger in the market for the authentic currency with privacy intact.

I don't think the dropping of the mask had anything to do with loss of credibility, in fact I don't perceive any loss in credibility whatsoever.
Just the opposite is true, the devs showed that they don't need to hide behind a marketing gimmick.

As for, "looking to cash in quickly on a fool's grail," I call bullshit.  There is no activity at all toward pump and dump.
Either you have an agenda, have no clue, or are just plain stupid.

You raise 3 points, not one of which is valid.

1) Yes there is interest obviously in coins with anonymity. Nobody doubts that. So what point are you making? You are saying "there is an interest in privacy coins, therefore anoncoin is justified in..." what? Making that its only focus?

2) You don't perceive a loss in credibility of anoncoin? You think the devs gained credibility by not hiding behind a 'marketing gimmick'? Please. They considered the anon mask a liability, thought they might have broader appeal without it. Instead all they did was remove the one thing that distinguished the coin from dozens of others. They miscalculated.

3) Again you are distorting the argument in order to seem to win. The mask etc was dropped to help the coin gain popularity. It backfired. Now anc is losing ground. There is no longer anything that sets it above other coins. Whichever anonymous coin is the first to start looking at the global picture will succeed. At this point there is no indication that anc devs have any interest beyond "becoming the most anonymous coin", an endless pursuit.

Can you, or anyone, clarify the goals of anc devs? They dropped their one small globally recognized statement/symbol. Meeh is working with another dev on something that might or might not be useful, but which a truly anonymous coin should not need. Does anoncoin have any intentions or objectives different than the mass of other privacy coins?

Now of course you will say " the other ones are mostly scams, anoncoin is not" blah blah blah In other words there is no difference right now between anoncoin and lots of other coins except anc has taken steps to try to appeal to more people by softening any sharp edges it may have once had, in your words it dropped the "marketing gimmick". Is that right?
...To me, Anoncoin is way more hardcore and serious than "Anonymous". Though anonymous does some cool stuff from time to time, there is a lot of immaturity in the group as a whole. Anoncoin actually is proposing a solution to combat the hegemony of the central banks, whereas all that Anonymous has done is to hack their web pages. I am all for freedom of information, so I welcome the attacks that Anonymous has organized, even though they have not really achieved much in the end.

Based on everything the developers have done, it is clear that they have some sympathy with the goals of "anonymous", but that they are also not conforming to the group mentality and stereotypes. If Anoncoin were to define itself only by a logo (i.e., Guy Fawkes mask), that would be pretty sad.

In any case, I agree that there should be some reference to the political leanings of Anoncoin on the new web site. Though not explicit on the current web site, it is implicit. I am working with n00n on this as we speak to make this more explicit, so concrete proposals for the text of the new site would be welcome.

Again, I also disagree with your analysis of pursuit of anonymity. To me, this pursuit is not endless. There is a goal to become anonymous. No coin has achieved anonymity yet, as it makes no sense to be X% anonymous. With Zerocoin and I2P (baring bugs in the code) anoncoin would be truly anonymous.

I don't doubt that you have a lot of college degrees, but I question their value.

You and several others on this thread have excellent rhetorical skills but there seems little substance behind them.

substance? ok here: http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf .page 5

"Definition 3.2 (Anonymity):
A decentralized e-cash scheme = (Setup;Mint;Spend;Verify) satisfies the Anonymity requirement if every probabilistic polynomial-time (p.p.t.) adversary A= (A v1 , A v2) has negligible advantage in the following experiment:

(...not sure how to post math symbols...)"

----------------------
Compared to the next best thing: https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf page 17.

"Anonymity Theorem 4.
Our one-time ring signature scheme is anonymous under the decisional Diffie-Hellman assumption in the random oracle model. Proof:
Suppose an adversary can determine the secret index "j" of the Signer with a probability

p = 1/n+ e.

Then, we can construct algorithm A which solves the decisional Diffie-Hellman problem in  E(Fvq) with the probability, 1/2 + e/2."

Which one is more anonymous? Also lunokhod did a great job explaining zerocoin in the anoncoin wiki.  http://wiki.anoncoin.net/zerocoin

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:48:34 PM

Although I disagree with no-ice-please latest incarnation regarding the importance of zerocoin, I think he makes a valid point about connecting the coin to anonymous. The political clout that follows should not be underestimated and will sett ANC apart from the rest of the privacy-bunch.
n00n

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:50:15 PM

So is your problem that you bought high and are afraid that you will never get your BTC back out of ANC?  

Better sell now, before your prediction comes true and you lose even more.  

How much ANC do you have and what do you want for them?

vlad was not defending anc. He was spamming about cn. Look at his other posts at the same time.

The problem, with anc, is that it attracted a lot of people by claiming to take a decisive stand on a hot button issue, then backed away when it seemed more important to try to be more popular.

Anc dropped its edgy logo in order to try to appeal to more people. Does anyone question that? It's like a politician that keeps reinventing his position based on polls.

Compared to most people I probably do not have much anc or any other currency including fiat, I'm near the bottom of the economic ladder. I think it may go up in price when the markets start to move again, but I think it is important to at least criticize anc devs if they are going to whore out every time they notice something that might improve their adoption rate.

Your comment "what do you want for them" is sly. If anc is going to shift with the wind in order to gain popularity then I do not wish well for the coin, even though I own some. If anc devs again decide to start stepping up and stop worrying about mainstream adoption then I will wish it well.

I prefer the mask, didn't understand why it was changed, but never worried about it because the point was to create
a functionally anonymous currency, and  I think the ANC devs are way ahead of the game.

Already we are going with I2P, and after adding zerocoin, ANC will market itself. 

While I don't agree with the guy who seems to think that marketing is everything, I do think that the mask helps with
a certain crowd who is likely to want to use ANC a *lot*.

The "mask crowd" were most of anc's early supporters.

PerritoPeron
i like your engagement, although i dont get what you think should be done (not what shoulnt be done). maybe you could sum it up?

i think the dev teams reason to change from the Anonymous logo is that anoncoin is not affiliated with Anonymous, it isnt "their" coin. anoncoin can be used by Anonymous, or your grandmother. with this attitude its misleading to use Anonymous logo.

Anonymous is not an entity nor a group. It is a symbol. If a person or group supports that symbol they are only saying "I follow my own values, not any group". If a person or group avoids that symbol to try to attract money from a wider market they are saying something different.

Anc now is one of many coins that reinvents its image to gain more people. It stands for ambition, nothing else.

As for the zerocoin silliness, people who stand for nothing will fall for anything. I'm glad meeh is not hypnotized by zerocoin but I scratch my head over the numerous people who irrationally think it is some long term solution to anything.

that wasnt much of a summary, im still curious - what do you think should be done?
entertheabyss

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:40:49 PM

Although I disagree with no-ice-please latest incarnation regarding the importance of zerocoin, I think he makes a valid point about connecting the coin to anonymous. The political clout that follows should not be underestimated and will sett ANC apart from the rest of the privacy-bunch.

It is not just an opportunistic question of political clout etc.

What are the intentions of the people who have been supporters of anc? Is the goal to always work on a more secure algo so they can secure their money? Or is it something more useful?

that wasnt much of a summary, im still curious - what do you think should be done?

My suggestion. First decide what anc is after.

If the goal is to cash in on the privacy craze then at least be honest about it. Be explicit "we intend to whore out however much is necessary to cash in". Then focus on marketing strategies etc.

If the goal is to contribute something positive, then also be upfront "we are making a currency by our own rules, and it's purpose is to further an established value system often symbolized by the guy falkes mask" etc.

Until it is clear what direction anc is going it is hard to recommend what it should do.

The goal is to implement the best algo, fuck the logo. In ten years nobody will care if the logo is a picture of a cute dog or a guy fuax mask or a fucking gaint A or whatever. The point is build the best product. Fuck anonymous fuck the english alphabet and fuck anybody who says otherwise. Once zercoin is implemented than well all go on a pr blitz and hype the shit out of this coin. Before then lets all hold still and get ready. I dont want to hype this coin right now. It simply doesnt matter wheather the "political appeal" is radical enogh for you or anybody else. the reason the coin is so cheap is because nobody is shilling.
     If you look at the other threads on this forum you see cloakcoin shills and darkcoin shills and xcoin shills but no anoncoin shills. This is because the people that support anoncoin genuinely care about building a great coin not the pump and dump. Zerocoin is an cryptographically sure to be truly anonymous. Thats the only thing that matters right now.
    I'm not saying don't get the word out. I'm saying it is too soon. Once the product is done you can be sure i will personally spam every single thread on this forum. Shit, I'll spam the entire internet if that's what it takes to get the word out. Right now its simply not finished. Now if you want to start building infrastructure thats a decent game plan, if you want to write organizations to get endorsements or acceptance then go for it. but please don't go on about memes and logos and other shit like that, its not what we are about.

Here is my version of the roadmap:

1) Build a truly anonymous Coin (implement zerocoin )
2) build a darknet infrastructure to support it  (hosting, commerce, exchange ect)
2) get people who genuinely care about privacy to use it for anonymous commerce

If people don't care about taking privacy seriously then using this coin is pointless. Bitcoin is going mainstream and regulated into oblivion with AML rules and invasive shit like that. Anoncoin is supposed to be for the people who actually give a fuck and I think it does a great job of giving that impression.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
entertheabyss

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:42:45 AM

The goal is to implement the best algo, fuck the logo. In ten years nobody will care if the logo is a picture of a cute dog or a guy fuax mask or a fucking gaint A or whatever. The point is build the best product. Fuck anonymous fuck the english alphabet and fuck anybody who says otherwise. Once zercoin is implemented than well all go on a pr blitz and hype the shit out of this coin. Before then lets all hold still and get ready. I dont want to hype this coin right now. It simply doesnt matter wheather the "political appeal" is radical enogh for you or anybody else. the reason the coin is so cheap is because nobody is shilling.
     If you look at the other threads on this forum you see cloakcoin shills and darkcoin shills and xcoin shills but no anoncoin shills. This is because the people that support anoncoin genuinely care about building a great coin not the pump and dump. Zerocoin is an cryptographically sure to be truly anonymous. Thats the only thing that matters right now.
    I'm not saying don't get the word out. I'm saying it is too soon. Once the product is done you can be sure i will personally spam every single thread on this forum. Shit, I'll spam the entire internet if that's what it takes to get the word out. Right now its simply not finished. Now if you want to start building infrastructure thats a decent game plan, if you want to write organizations to get endorsements or acceptance then go for it. but please don't go on about memes and logos and other shit like that, its not what we are about.

Here is my version of the roadmap:

1) Build a truly anonymous Coin (implement zerocoin )
2) build a darknet infrastructure to support it  (hosting, commerce, exchange ect)
2) get people who genuinely care about privacy to use it for anonymous commerce

If people don't care about taking privacy seriously then using this coin is pointless. Bitcoin is going mainstream and regulated into oblivion with AML rules and invasive shit like that. Anoncoin is supposed to be for the people who actually give a fuck and I think it does a great job of giving that impression.

Are the devs on board with that?

It is my personal opinion. I can't talk for anybody but myself.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 12:57:05 AM

https://www.anoncoinbuy.com/

Great quality tshirts !!!

Wink

Great!

Thanks for your feedback and support my friend.

I think it's time to create a testimonial page on AnoncoinBuy Wink

Awesome! Smiley

drAGon925

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:27:22 AM

It is my personal opinion. I can't talk for anybody but myself.

Very true. Do the devs share your priorities, I ask the devs?

You are spinning around and around , other words , same shablon of conspiracy or do not know what do you want from ANC.
I can doubt that we will se in some part that you will start advertise some other coin on this chat thread. 

We all know goals of ANC team. We know what we must know, besides we want more and now..  maybe it not go by the plan with time, but gnosis still doing his work + we have meeh who starts working to help him for faster implantation.
Goal is ZC, future plan we can read out from meeh's working out of ANC.

Here is work what we can see

http://privacysolutions.no/
https://hideme.today/dev/

enjoy the ride of anonymity!
 Wink

EDIT:  you can see that meeh's don't sleep much   Grin

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/c2c0cc746f3a837e754c5ddc40d66490132c717e
n00n

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:27:11 PM

It is not just an opportunistic question of political clout etc.

What are the intentions of the people who have been supporters of anc? Is the goal to always work on a more secure algo so they can secure their money? Or is it something more useful?

My suggestion. First decide what anc is after.

If the goal is to cash in on the privacy craze then at least be honest about it. Be explicit "we intend to whore out however much is necessary to cash in". Then focus on marketing strategies etc.

If the goal is to contribute something positive, then also be upfront "we are making a currency by our own rules, and it's purpose is to further an established value system often symbolized by the guy falkes mask" etc.

Until it is clear what direction anc is going it is hard to recommend what it should do.

ok, maybe i wasnt clear enough, ill try this: what direction do you wish anoncoin to go and what should be done while going that direction? methods, goals and so on...
im not trying to be an asshole here, im curious.
entertheabyss

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:59:28 PM

Well thank you for the excellent discourse. It appears you made a new account on bitcointalk for the soul purpose of making worthless comments on a single altcoin thread.

Literary gems such as:
Again, if you have a point, an opinion, an argument, fine. But ad hominem is for morons who can't think.

I'm not trying to make enemies but I'm not trying to make friends either.

I'm just offering my opinion.
I don't doubt that you have a lot of college degrees, but I question their value.

You and several others on this thread have excellent rhetorical skills but there seems little substance behind them.

and my personal favorite:

As for the devs credibility, when they dropped the mask they lost it. They jumped into the jello pit to wrestle over "which coin is most anonymous".

Great point. The future of this coin is the logo and allegiance to the script-kiddies behind anonymous. Now that you have made your point could you please stop spamming the thread? All the devs care about is implementing a great algo and making a fantastic coin. Clearly they are missing the big picture. Maybe its time for you to sell your coins and get back into doge.

Yes. the interest in anonymity is the whole point of this coin from the beginning (which predates the anonymity fad). Are you here for the political message? What does that even mean. Not interested in protests. Not interested in privacy. Your just that guy, got some free time and trolling the Internet.

I mean if you are going to post you might as well say something worth saying.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
SmokingSkull

Activity: 298

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:49:48 PM

Wow, what crap do I have to read here xD

How can you guys discuss this stuff here. I mean there is NOTHING noteworthy from these posts here nor will this result in anything.

Don't argue - drop the issue and go on with your puny lives.  Angry

Grin

Most Coins are Shitcoins
drAGon925

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:10:01 PM

I didn't want to start this thread against Pablo.
He is very good analyzer and know much things like US history,politic, world problems, etc.
Maybe talking to much what is not connected with ANC. Maybe too much criticize, and not much direct offer to resolve, just go more and more in non-existent problems.
Or I would say unnecessarily debate which do not help ANC at this time.
I think we do not understande much because difference in generation/years, an that is normal to look different on problems : )

I will give you some info what I hacked , maybe you will anylyze, or buy more ANCs even today  Wink

KGW got some few mistakes which makes it open to attack, and will be replaced with MeehsBlackHole.....
Testnet4 is created for testing..

do not spread  Grin

and one more thing I noticed, nice meeh's respond to daddy of Zerocoin paper

https://twitter.com/mikalv/status/499173890766422016
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 10:48:06 AM

He is very good analyzer and know much things like US history,politic, world problems, etc.
Maybe talking to much what is not connected with ANC. Maybe too much criticize, and not much direct offer to resolve, just go more and more in non-existent problems.
I think we do not understande much because difference in generation/years, an that is normal to look different on problems : )

I will give you some info what I hacked , maybe you will anylyze, or buy more ANCs even today  Wink

KGW got some few mistakes which makes it open to attack, and will be replaced with MeehsBlackHole.....

do not spread  Grin

Respond to your KGW statement;

Something in that area yes. But the replacement of KGW is under testing internally, final patches for testnet4 are not pushed yet, neither commited since we currently adjusting some values & testing out. Some more ZC code is written too, but in the same file, so it will be pushed when values for the new thing is defined. ANC will continue with the same values etc for the end user. I'm only talking about internal variables to keep a somewhat same approach as KGW without using it :p

drAGon925

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:04:52 PM

do not spread  Grin

Respond to your KGW statement;

Something in that area yes. But the replacement of KGW is under testing internally, final patches for testnet4 are not pushed yet, neither commited since we currently adjusting some values & testing out. Some more ZC code is written too, but in the same file, so it will be pushed when values for the new thing is defined. ANC will continue with the same values etc for the end user. I'm only talking about internal variables to keep a somewhat same approach as KGW without using it :p

Yea, yea, I'm good I know, thank you  :p

We do not have anything, do not buy , wait for new highs

Grin
lunokhod2

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:32:42 PM

Here is an interesting idea from the Monero thread: I too have been annoyed that the none of the clients out there (including anoncoin) check to see if a new version/update is available.

It's not the first currency where I tell this: one of the first features of a wallet should be to check, at least at start-up, if it's outdated and tell the user to update. There will always be 2 version numbers available: last known version and last mandatory version.
It's not difficult to implement and even the command line wallet can have that check.

Ohwell, maybe in the next version Smiley

Well, the thing is, we don't want the daemon making non-p2p connections unless explicitly allowed by the user, so checking via the web is a no-go. What we *can* do is add functionality where if > 58% of connected peers (ie. 7 of the standard 12 max) are on a newer version, notify the user that a new version is available. Peers can indicate the last mandatory version, too, and if you're on a version < that version the daemon can pump out lots of warnings, and simplewallet can have an additional confirmation dialog for every transaction before sending.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: