Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:57:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71412 times)
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 01:09:40 PM

Can someone give me steps how to set 2 MLD sticks mining verge and the rest mining Litecoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scoobysportD

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:45:58 PM

Can someone give me steps how to set 2 MLD sticks mining verge and the rest mining Litecoin?
Maybe someone here can help you, i'd be interested in a quick help guide on that too lol Tongue

Otherwise it could be worth to visit this topic:
BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=877081.0

Also, it's good for people to know what OS you are using
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:05:23 PM

create 2 separate configs or launch scripts and specify which devices to use with:

-S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB1 ... and so on

make sure to remove the -S all

if you're on linux here's a scipt to find out the correct device numbers to use

Code:
#!/bin/bash

for sysdevpath in $(find /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb*/ -name dev); do
    (
        syspath="${sysdevpath%/dev}"
        devname="$(udevadm info -q name -p $syspath)"
        [[ "$devname" == "bus/"* ]] && continue
        eval "$(udevadm info -q property --export -p $syspath)"
        [[ -z "$ID_SERIAL" ]] && continue
        echo "/dev/$devname - $ID_SERIAL"
    )
done

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:16:10 PM

create 2 separate configs or launch scripts and specify which devices to use with:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

(
    )
done

I use windows 10 64 bit. I want to mine with 2 MLD Verge and with others 6 Litecoin. Can you make a video tutorial for windows 10?

I will send you altcoins ~ 15$ if you can help me
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:58:36 AM

Code:
#!/bin/bash

(
    )
done

I use windows 10 64 bit. I want to mine with 2 MLD Verge and with others 6 Litecoin. Can you make a video tutorial for windows 10?

I will send you altcoins ~ 15$ if you can help me

its been stated many times.. you make 2 bat files.. one with -S MLD:\\.\COM1 and -S MLD:\\.\COM2 and one with -S MLD:\\.\COM3 through -S MLD:\\.\COM7.. (change the com ports to the actual ports of the usb)
use multipoolhub for verge and litecoinpool for litecoin.

scoobysportD

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:53:56 PM

BTW; @jstefanop:
What i'd love to see in BFGminer / the MLD's if possible; a way to identify them. BFG sets them up as MLD 0, MLD 1, MLD 2.... etc. But there's no way of telling (as far as i am aware of) to figure out which stick is MLD 0 or MLD 1 etc. Troubleshooting can be made so much simpler with unique ID's. After a reboot, the ID's get swapped now so MLD 0 could then be MLD 2 etc. I know that my gridseed dual miners had unique ID's, so if you plugged them in 1 at a time, you could make a note of which ID that miner had and if there ever was a problem you knew exactly which miner to fix.

Moonlanders have UIDs as well. Just press "M" while its running, then select the device number you want, and it will show its ID under serial number. You can then match the last couple digits to the actual serial number sticker on each device.

Next update will also have enable/disable functions implemented, so that will be another way to quickly check which is which since toggling enable/disable will cause the LEDs to flash.
I've been trying to do this but i can not see any UID besides the MLD0 / 1 etc

Anything else i should do besides pressing M and selecting the device which is causing problems?
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:20:28 PM

BTW; @jstefanop:
What i'd love to see in BFGminer / the MLD's if possible; a way to identify them. BFG sets them up as MLD 0, MLD 1, MLD 2.... etc. But there's no way of telling (as far as i am aware of) to figure out which stick is MLD 0 or MLD 1 etc. Troubleshooting can be made so much simpler with unique ID's. After a reboot, the ID's get swapped now so MLD 0 could then be MLD 2 etc. I know that my gridseed dual miners had unique ID's, so if you plugged them in 1 at a time, you could make a note of which ID that miner had and if there ever was a problem you knew exactly which miner to fix.

Moonlanders have UIDs as well. Just press "M" while its running, then select the device number you want, and it will show its ID under serial number. You can then match the last couple digits to the actual serial number sticker on each device.

Next update will also have enable/disable functions implemented, so that will be another way to quickly check which is which since toggling enable/disable will cause the LEDs to flash.

Anything else i should do besides pressing M and selecting the device which is causing problems?

Right under the row: MLD 0 (with all the info about hasrate etc.) you should see 2 rows:
FutureBit Moonlander 2 from FutureBit
Serial: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  (that's the UID)

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

scoobysportD

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:34:29 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 05:16:11 PM by scoobysportD

Right under the row: MLD 0 (with all the info about hasrate etc.) you should see 2 rows:
FutureBit Moonlander 2 from FutureBit
Serial: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  (that's the UID)

I'm not getting that, will take screenshot when i get back home.

EDIT:
This is what i'm getting after pressing M:

edit2: What i'm not understanding yet is why MLD2 and MLD5 are hashing so slow! barely 3mhs. All others function properly. I'm not sure if this is a power issue yet. Once i know which boards are having issues i will test them separately.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:01:28 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 05:50:40 PM by Bitfort

snip

its been stated many times.. you make 2 bat files.. one with -S MLD:\\.\COM1 and -S MLD:\\.\COM2 and one with -S MLD:\\.\COM3 through -S MLD:\\.\COM7.. (change the com ports to the actual ports of the usb)

and to find relevant COM ports in win go to devices and priters. Right click on each MLD device (i think it's called silicon labs or sth ) / properties .

EDIT:
@scoobysportD
ok, that differs from what I can see.

I notice you have some different version of bfg miner.
my says: 5.4.2.38-g106390a
but yours: 5.4.2.38-g106390a-99  .. ??
( I'm using the one released 12-2017)

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

scoobysportD

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:18:46 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 05:31:41 PM by scoobysportD

Got these in just in time today Smiley

2 are running slower than the others. Will check tomorrow with a different power supply and or an extra hub to see if that is the issue.
Finless

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:50:23 PM

ps; damn it took me long enough to put 1+1 together haha, Finless Bob Smiley Pleasure discussing these things with an android mod legend Cheesy

LOL....  Not many know that....  
Legend?  I don't know about that Smiley

FYI, I am mining coins using some Android boxes moded to do so.  Smiley

Thanks for the voltage... unfortunately mine are not so luck.  I stopped at .82V and still get too many errors running above 832.

Bob
scoobysportD

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:54:35 PM

ps; damn it took me long enough to put 1+1 together haha, Finless Bob Smiley Pleasure discussing these things with an android mod legend Cheesy

LOL....  Not many know that Smiley

FYI, I am mining coins using some Android boxes moded to do so.  Smiley

Bob

Lol, that was actually my next question! If you were mining on android hehe Smiley which boxes are you using?

Im still using your modded android on a mk908ii stick Smiley
Finless

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:58:57 PM

LOL....  Not many know that Smiley

Bob

Lol, that was actually my next question! If you were mining on android hehe Smiley which boxes are you using?

FYI, thanks for the voltage... unfortunately mine are not so lucky.  I stopped at .82V and still get too many errors running above 832.

I have 5 boxes all mining.  The Rockchip boxes do better because they have more cores and faster clocks.  The AMLogic boxes are not so good at it. I stripped the ROMs to nothing (apps and services) and I get about 40 H/s per box mining XMR.  It's not much really but as you know these are super low on power and I just leave them running non-stop.  They add to my PC's hashrate in the end.  The old boxes would basically be sitting collecting dust till now Smiley

Bob
Finless

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:03:07 PM

https://myalbum.com/photo/zoA2HrLTO1Hc/360.jpg

2 are running slower than the others. Will check tomorrow with a different power supply and or an extra hub to see if that is the issue.

WOA!  Getting serious now aren't you....

Bob
scoobysportD

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:16:05 PM

snip

and to find relevant COM ports in win go to devices and priters. Right click on each MLD device (i think it's called silicon labs or sth ) / properties .

EDIT:
@scoobysportD
ok, that differs from what I can see.

I notice you have some different version of bfg miner.
my says: 5.4.2.38-g106390a
but yours: 5.4.2.38-g106390a-99  .. ??
( I'm using the one released 12-2017)

The one i'm using is the one that's in the first post by jstefanop as well, 14-12-2017 according to that post. So maybe there was one released earlier in december that you are still using? I dont really know to be honest. Maybe jstefanop can give some clarity on this?

LOL....  Not many know that Smiley

Bob

FYI, thanks for the voltage... unfortunately mine are not so lucky.  I stopped at .82V and still get too many errors running above 832.
Your welcome! Have you tweaked memory voltage as well? And what hub are you using? As you've probably noticed by now, these MLD's are at the top of what most hubs can deliver. Especially if using multiple MLD's. If the hub is not powerfull enough, you can get these errors. That's what i don't get at the moment with my updated mine, the 2 slow ones are just, SLOW... But not to many errors! Still, gonna swap the 120watt powersupply for a 150watt powersupply and see if that fixes it all. Or if i need to use a 2nd hub and that the DC-DC converters in my hub, in the end, just are not strong enough.

I have 5 boxes all mining.  The Rockchip boxes do better because they have more cores and faster clocks.  The AMLogic boxes are not so good at it. I stripped the ROMs to nothing (apps and services) and I get about 40 H/s per box mining XMR.  It's not much really but as you know these are super low on power and I just leave them running non-stop.  They add to my PC's hashrate in the end.  The old boxes would basically be sitting collecting dust till now Smiley

Bob

Well 40H/s is better than nothing, as long as your power is cheap/"free" Smiley I run mine from work and in that regard the power used is laughable compared to all the lights/aircon etc.

WOA!  Getting serious now aren't you....

Bob

I like tinkering :p Once i get everything running exactly the way i want, i'm gonna switch coins weekly/bi weekly or monthly depending on what new coins will come up on scrypt. All together the 8 sticks should provide nearly 41MH/s so if i'm early to mine a new coin it could be interesting and who knows, only one of the coins has to blow up in value Tongue Besides that 'gamble' it's just fun and games for me now...
Finless

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:31:43 PM

Your welcome! Have you tweaked memory voltage as well? And what hub are you using? As you've probably noticed by now, these MLD's are at the top of what most hubs can deliver. Especially if using multiple MLD's. If the hub is not powerfull enough, you can get these errors. That's what i don't get at the moment with my updated mine, the 2 slow ones are just, SLOW... But not to many errors! Still, gonna swap the 120watt powersupply for a 150watt powersupply and see if that fixes it all. Or if i need to use a 2nd hub and that the DC-DC converters in my hub, in the end, just are not strong enough.
https://myalbum.com/photo/7dvnGkepr2FJ/540.jpg

I have a 6 amp brick PS running 2 MLD's.  It's handling it fine as the voltage on the buss of the hub holds at 5.1v.
It's possible the 5V has ripple or noise since it's just a cheap brick PS.
The error rate is related to clock speed as at 832 I am below 1% error rate.  at 852 it's over 20% error rate.
Even if I try this with one stick same thing. Core set to 8.2V doesn't help.

Yes I set mem voltage as low as I could go per the info on page one until it would not hash.  Then went up till it did.  Running .76 memory as I recall.

I might get a more solid clean PS and see.

Bob
scoobysportD

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:42:11 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 01:29:11 PM by scoobysportD

I have a 6 amp brick PS running 2 MLD's.  It's handling it fine as the voltage on the buss of the hub holds at 5.1v.
It's possible the 5V has ripple or noise since it's just a cheap brick PS.
The error rate is related to clock speed as at 832 I am below 1% error rate.  at 852 it's over 20% error rate.
Even if I try this with one stick same thing. Core set to 8.2V doesn't help.

Yes I set mem voltage as low as I could go per the info on page one until it would not hash.  Then went up till it did.  Running .76 memory as I recall.

I might get a more solid clean PS and see.

Bob

Yea supplying power is a finnicky thing with these MLD's I've got a feeling my current issue IS power related as well. If i'll remember i'll also measure the memory voltages on mine MLD's. I have tweaked it a bit but then i gave it a little more juice 'just in case' Smiley

EDIT:
Just tested a couple of the memory voltages, ranging from 0.81 - 0.87v

Also swapped out the powersupply of my hub for a 150watt laptop power supply, so far only 1 MLD is slow now compared to the others. If i'd know which one that is i could get some more testing done with a separate hub or something to see if the problem is caused by lack of power or something else...

Edit 2:
With some messing around i think i've found the culprit. One of the sticks was drawing 3.7 amps at 5v!! Even while running at 600mhz for a test it went over 3.58amps. Guessing this one is defected Sad Core voltage and memory both are at 0.8-0.82. This stick won't hash above 2.6-2.68MHash, so i'm hoping bitshopper.de has some sort of warranty for DOA sticks...
Finless

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:22:36 PM

Edit 2:
With some messing around i think i've found the culprit. One of the sticks was drawing 3.7 amps at 5v!! Even while running at 600mhz for a test it went over 3.58amps. Guessing this one is defected Sad Core voltage and memory both are at 0.8-0.82. This stick won't hash above 2.6-2.68MHash, so i'm hoping bitshopper.de has some sort of warranty for DOA sticks...

You can put a command in the command line that turns on the log.  In the log it will state how many cores are good.  63 is the correct number.  Check that stick and see how many cores are working.

Per the boss Smiley

Put "-D 2>log.txt" at the end of the bat command. Start it up and it will spit out the log.txt file in same directory. In there you will see startup sequence and it checks for number of active cores. Should say 64.

It is 0-63 so it should say 63 not 64.

Bob
scoobysportD

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:52:50 PM

Edit 2:

You can put a command in the command line that turns on the log.  In the log it will state how many cores are good.  63 is the correct number.  Check that stick and see how many cores are working.

Per the boss Smiley

Put "-D 2>log.txt" at the end of the bat command. Start it up and it will spit out the log.txt file in same directory. In there you will see startup sequence and it checks for number of active cores. Should say 64.

It is 0-63 so it should say 63 not 64.

Bob

Thanks! Useful stuff Smiley With the 7 MLD's still in the hub they all get 63 cores. One is slower than the others (slows down over time) though so it still could be a power issue. The 8th MLD currently is not connected so will test that tomorrow, but i've tried that one on a separate hub (even separate computer) which used to power 2 MLD's without issue and with this one it just wouldn't work. Curious to see if on that one all 63 cores are functioning Smiley And if so, why is that one running so slow and failing so often, even when on a separate powered hub :S
TimBuck2

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 09:37:13 PM

jstefanop,
                I know this may not be the appropriate thread (not sure) but I am doing this in public so that if anyone else has questions as to the "authenticity" of these devices, they can reference this thread.

After 30 days of use, a buyer on eBay is attempting to get a return by claiming:

"Doesn't seem authentic"
"this is not the second batch of version 2"

I am asking if you can weigh in on the high res photos of the devices and explain a little for my own reference in case why these are indeed the latest ML2's that you put out.

http://bit2dollar.com/image/return_request.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/WLoAAOSwF7Fajnm5/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ALUAAOSw1jhajnm5/s-l1600.jpg

I would appreciate you weighing in, please.

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: