Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:19:54 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
yes many criminals used bitcoin as their coin to scm many people they will say that give me your bank infos and then you will be shock because they will get all of your stored money so becareful

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kinzey

Activity: 254

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:33:31 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Bad as it is criminals and people with bad intentions. They use real money and look for ways to launder or send in many unique ways. How much more with bitcoin that is practically anonymous. Criminals will always look for ways to use good things for the bad

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
1jaffa1

Activity: 280
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:41:37 AM

Yes it is unfortunately bitcoin has been always connected to the criminals. It is a perfect get away or a perfect currency for them ,Remember the Silk Road I think that's what started this whole thing bitcoin has been known because of it. Bitcoin is also a perfect way for money laundering
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:46:19 AM

I certainly believe that it is possible. For some criminals who are not really as famous and as others, using bitcoin is a possibility because they are not entirely known all over the world, thus allowing them to use a wallet and providing their personal details. However, for those who are really famous for their heinous crimes, it might be difficult without giving in some personal details.
AGNESESS9976

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:48:50 AM

There are still some states that do not allow the use of bitcoin as a method of payment for all transactions. It is understandable that bitcoin does not provide the benefit or the good. There will be cases where bad people abuse it for illegal trading.
lanareyDEY

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:23:03 AM

now earn a lot of people on the crypt, and some do not even know about it and how to get profit on it
Adiba14

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:57:20 AM

bitcoin used criminals maybe yes maybe not because it depends on the person himself in using it if people intend to use bitcoin to do evil could be for example cases krupsi they can just do money laundering with bitcoin.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:31:52 PM

Coins such as Monero, Zcash are much more effective for cyber criminals. Zcash appears to have the best privacy protection, which analysts say could generate higher adoption among criminals in the future.
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:34:40 PM

Good ways to think, I agree with you and we have to spread the word about  in a positive ways because there are a lot of peoples think  in a bad ways.  were considered as a bad things because many bad peoples use it to scam and fraud peoples.
Not only Bitcoins but also any crypto coins are decentralized. No central authority. Can't control governments and no rules. So anyone can use it for illegal purposes. for an example in 2017  most of the computer in the world hacked by ransomeware. hackers use Bitcoin for payments so, Bitcoin easy to use for criminals.
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:42:12 PM

Bitcoin is used by everyone not only criminals who is interested in
this virtual currency, bitcoin can be used to purchase
almost anything via virtually online.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:45:05 PM

Bitcoins can be really used by those criminals and it was just the same as fiat, there are a lot of people who are using fiat to buy drugs or use it for different illegal transactions so government should not ban bitcoins because it is helping different people.
Jerzzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:46:22 PM

certainly, Bitcoin can be used by anyone in the worth who has the Internet. So, we do not have any way to prevent the criminals. Some methods are used in some countries to control it such as South Korea where the government bans the anonymous accounts in the exchanges.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:48:01 PM

In my knowledge the bitcoin is using by the educated people and they are using this for good purpose all the crypto users are high educated and the youngsters like the college students and professional investors and traders are the bitcoin community but due to some hackers people are thinking that whether this will be use by criminals i think the bitcoin is not using by criminal but the youngsters are using this currency for the online materials which are not ethical and not allowed to use for free.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Kaattu1

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:52:04 PM

The mass production of illegal drugs is widely recognized as devastating plague to all peoples of all cultures. A study administered by the United Nations found that in 2005, the global drug market generated approximately $321.6 billion United States dollars., representing almost 1% of  worldwide commerce. Now, as my erudite colleague so lucidly described,  BitCoins easily lends itself to money laundering and the general obfuscation of transactions
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:52:22 PM

Long before that I heard bitcoin is use in illegal transaction. If you will remember the silk road the online black market, most of the transaction there were paid thru bitcoin to ensure the anonymity of the buyer. But nowadays there are more people as I observe, that use bitcoin in good deeds. Most of the bitcoin holder including me hoard bitcoin with the hope that it's price will raise someday. There are bitcoin holders stories that pay bitcoin for a food or other necessity, but they regret those days and wished they have used fiat.
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:24:42 PM

I don’t use my bitcoin to do something illegal, but I read some articles that are saying criminals use bitcoin. We have our own perspective to do the things that we want, and in bitcoin, you can do what you want, you had the freedom to do the things that you want and some people choice to do something terrible and prohibited that’s why they treated criminals.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:20:07 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is used by criminals.The reason behind this is the decentralized nature of Bitcoin. As Bitcoin is decentralized in nature so no government or bank is not  able to track the transactions made through Bitcoin. This makes the transactions anonymous which helps the people involved in the transactions to remain unidentified. So without any fear some people uses Bitcoin as a mode of payment for drug dealings,ammunition dealings,for ransoms etc.But this is just a small drawback of Bitcoin. Surely there are more number of good users who are using features of Bitcoin in a positive way.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:34:30 PM

This is true for every single form of exchange that exist . Fiat is used by criminals and i don't see anyone trying to stop the use or circulation of fiat. Solution will never be found in trying to destroy bitcoins for this reason as this will simply result in those individuals moving to another form or way of doing there transactions , what is needed are more social intervention back by stronger laws.This is not an issued that's centered around bitcoins , they are just using this to deflect from the real reasons around this issue.

LivDamone

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:04:48 PM

Anyone can use bitcoin and it is not impossible that it is also used by criminals in doing crimes. Because it is easy to use for transactions, it is also easy to use in doing illegal activities. Criminals also feel secured and safe in doing crimes because of bitcoin pseudo-anonymity that keeps the real identity of the user which means that it would be hard for someone in the government to track and trace their transactions in doing these illegal activities.
Games.Bitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 08:10:25 PM

"Bad guys" are also paid in dollars and other currencies, realistically everything the so called "Good guys" use can be misused.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: