Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:10:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628600 times)
CryptoTeng

Activity: 167
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:38:12 PM

To all Kraken customers. Be aware of potential market manipulation of Kraken's market data
There have been anomalies in at least the ETH-BTC & ETC-ETH markets. For a description see the quote:

NEW warning to Kraken users. Kraken is knowingly presenting false trade data in their ledgers.

In this particular case, on January 29 2018, around 12 o 'clock CET the price in ETH-BTC the market did a massive drop from 0.10475 down to below 0.09525 ETH/BTC. Our friend had several open positions in that range (all of them opened before 12 o 'clock on the 29th). However none of the positions were traded in this drop even though their limit was clearly passed. Please take a look at the linked screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x3kt58t4ch8x2i/20180129_1200CET_Spike_ETHBTC.png?dl=0

Since the orders were not closed, he contacted the Kraken support in order to have them fill the orders according to Krake's own ToS as their price limit was passed.
But as expected Kraken is denying to fill these positions. At first, the support tried to push it on the FIFO principle and that orders do not have to be traded when their limit is reached, since other folk could have placed orders their before. However, it was restated that not only the price was reached, but that the price was clearly passed, and therefore the orders should have been traded.
Kraken then switched their argument. Now, Kraken replied to our friend, that it is possible that false data is being presented in the OHLC-history. Furthermore, Kraken states that no trades actually took place during this drop. The problem for Kraken here is that our friend seems to have proof that there was at least one trade which took place during this drop. (This just causes us to repeat one thing again. The people at Kraken are liars and frauds, and should be locked up ASAP)

We drew our conclusions some time ago, we can only warn people who are still trading on this SCAM exchange

If you have encountered similar damage by Kraken and are being denied compensation, then we strongly advise to take screenshots and other means of documenting the case. Then contact relevant authorities (preferably USA) and report the case to them.

It should be noted that these issues have persisted through the update, and have been encountered since at least spring 2017

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:38:02 PM

My USD withdrawal is still processing after an entire week. It has never taken this long. I submitted a support ticket a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.

If this will be a regular thing please let me know so I can switch to a different exchange.

Hi MrN1ce9uy. I'm sorry to hear about the delay. Could you please escalate your ticket using this form? Thanks for your patience.

This exchange has issues since quite a while already, it looks like they have no intention to solve them any time soon Undecided

Hi ccminer.net. Could you describe the issues you're having? If it's something specific to your Kraken account I'd suggest opening a ticket here and escalating that new ticket using this form. Thanks!

Never had any delays with EUR myself. Same or next business day every single time.

Once I'm actually able to login into the site and click my way through the withdrawal process. This part that used to take a minute or two can now take the better part of a day. Truly legendary!

Hi Totscha. I'm sorry to hear that there's an issue with clicking through our website. Could you please open a ticket here and decribe the issue in as much detail as you can? Please also escalate your ticket using this form. Thank you for letting us know.

Serious question for Kraken-Septimus: is it safe to assume that, like Bitstamp, Kraken is backed by (supposedly) real USD/EUR, and not USDT?

Couldn't find the answer anywhere. I would assume that if, like Bitfinex or Bittrex, Kraken's USD was actually USDT, Kraken wouldn't provide USDT/USD pair for trading. So I'm assuming that Kraken only provides USDT for quick transfer between exchanges, but does not rely on it more than that, and that by holding USD or EUR on Kraken, we aren't actually holding USDT/EURT. Do you confirm?

Hi Kloug. When you deposit USD to Kraken you have USD in a bank account, not USDT. The same goes for EUR. We do not hold USDT, we only create the market for our clients and we do not have any exposure to the risks associated with asset swaps. Thanks for reaching out!

Dear Kraken Support,

How long it takes to verify my tier upgrade ?
It has been a week since my request to upgrade but there is no sign of progress Sad..
I also have tried to submit a ticket for that issue, but the reply is just request me to wait without any time limit..

Could you help me make it faster ?
My previous ticket was 1481531.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Joseph.HD. I'm sorry to hear about the delay in getting your Kraken account verified. Could you please escalate your ticket using this form? One of our agents will be with you as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.

Hi there, i already opened up the ticket and escalated it as well but still no answer. And btw, i have one friend who gets the same thing:

"Invalid login" even if credentials are fine. Trying to reset, i never receive the email link to do it.

If, for any reason, login issues are intermittent, can you please stop the service, fix the issues and come back. What's the point of having your customers generate tons of tickets which you will get to answer in 14 days time. I can imagine the unassigned/unresponsive amount of tickets you have right now!

Hi Tudor224. We're not aware of any issues that are affecting our clients from logging in, so I'd suggest that your friend also escalate their ticket with this Google form.

NEW warning to Kraken users. Kraken is knowingly presenting false trade data in their ledgers.

A friend of ours is still that stupid to trade at Kraken, and he asked for a comment on the following problem. And what we have seen is just plain criminal due to being an extreme case of market manipulation either performed by Kraken themselves or caused by negligence of Kraken. It should be noted that this problem is reoccurring since at least last spring 2017. We ourselves have several documented occurrences from last year.

In this particular case, on January 29 2018, around 12 o 'clock CET the price in ETH-BTC the market did a massive drop from 0.10475 down to below 0.09525 ETH/BTC. Our friend had several open positions in that range (all of them opened before 12 o 'clock on the 29th). However none of the positions were traded in this drop even though their limit was clearly passed. Please take a look at the linked screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x3kt58t4ch8x2i/20180129_1200CET_Spike_ETHBTC.png?dl=0

Since the orders were not closed, he contacted the Kraken support in order to have them fill the orders according to Krake's own ToS as their price limit was passed.
But as expected Kraken is denying to fill these positions. At first, the support tried to push it on the FIFO principle and that orders do not have to be traded when their limit is reached, since other folk could have placed orders their before. However, it was restated that not only the price was reached, but that the price was clearly passed, and therefore the orders should have been traded.
Kraken then switched their argument. Now, Kraken replied to our friend, that it is possible that false data is being presented in the OHLC-history. Furthermore, Kraken states that no trades actually took place during this drop. The problem for Kraken here is that our friend seems to have proof that there was at least one trade which took place during this drop. (This just causes us to repeat one thing again. The people at Kraken are liars and frauds, and should be locked up ASAP)
In our opinion, Kraken should fill these orders ASAP, because it is not the fault of this client but a fault by Kraken that the data shows that the limit of his orders was passed, and since all data on different sources (Cryptowatch, TradeView, etc.) show the drop in this Kraken-market, we doubt that this is false data. Which means in the end a major case of market manipulation, as the effects of such drops are quite severe for traders using certain market indicators, and automated systems.
And if it would be false data, then there is a much bigger reason to stay away from Kraken, as their data cannot be trusted. If Kraken does not fill these orders, then they are clearly again in breach of contract with it's customers (as they have been dozens of times already), as they have been doing for a long time already.

We drew our conclusions some time ago, we can only warn people who are still trading on this SCAM exchange

Hi CryptoTeng. If you or your friend are still having an issue, we'd suggest replying to the ticket. Thank you for your patience.

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:44:05 PM

@Kraken-Septimus: Apparently you cannot read. The dude is already in contact and several emails passed. You (aka Kraken) still deny rightful compensation for your fault.

Our similar issues them selves are way back. None of these issues were solved according to your own ToS. So, please stop pretending that you might keep to your own ToS and solve this issue, as you plainly did not, and still do not care about that. This is the reason we stopped using your SCAM of a service, and have no intentions of returning. This might change if you would finally solve these issues. but we gave up to have hopes this would happen.

Have a nice day.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:00:34 PM

Hi CryptoTeng. If you or your friend are still having an issue, we'd suggest replying to the ticket.
@Kraken-Septimus: Apparently you cannot read.

Hmm, somebody obviously has reading problems.
Kraken-Septimus

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:20:33 PM

@Kraken-Septimus: Apparently you cannot read. The dude is already in contact and several emails passed. You (aka Kraken) still deny rightful compensation for your fault.

Our similar issues them selves are way back. None of these issues were solved according to your own ToS. So, please stop pretending that you might keep to your own ToS and solve this issue, as you plainly did not, and still do not care about that. This is the reason we stopped using your SCAM of a service, and have no intentions of returning. This might change if you would finally solve these issues. but we gave up to have hopes this would happen.

Have a nice day.

Hi CryptoTeng. I'm sorry but it seems my post wasn't very clear. I understand that he's already been in contact with us but if he's still not happy with the answers that have been provided, have him contact the agent that's taking care of his ticket. By replying to a ticket you open it again.

If you're also still awaiting an answer, be sure to reply to your ticket as well. Unfortunately, these issues are far too complex to resolve on Bitcointalk. Thanks for reaching out. You also have an excellent day.

Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:46:36 PM

Hilarous.....blablabla LOL
Dellamarta

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:15:52 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 09:24:30 AM by Dellamarta

@Kraken-Septimus
Im having and missing deposit of 5k eur since 8th of January 2018 (On Hold, and no support at all).

registered here, because i see support does answer something on here.

ticket was created and escalated MANY times
ticket no: 1321093

no genuine response, just copy/paste messages "we will let you know then its sorted out" (wow, thank you)

there are many similar cases being reported on krakens twitter page, kraken just gave up responding same "lest as know your ticket we will escalate your ticket for you"

Waiting for response on here !
Tudor224

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:54:28 AM

@Kraken support, seriously guys, what can we, as customers, do to help and get out of the current situation?
I bet that they are many devs willing to jump in and drill down the bugs after your update. It's worth to temporary hire Genius devs/technicians

Just advising people to open tickets is not helping anyone. You get overwhelmed with huge ticketing volumes and we get frustrated for lack of response.
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:58:08 AM

For what it's worth, the problem is that there aren't many exchanges you can switch to.

I started with Kraken, their engine was the worst thing, it just never worked. They promised to fix it, 2 months later it was still pure crap, I moved to Bitstamp, Bitfinex & Bittrex.

I've now moved back from Bitstamp to Kraken, even though Kraken still has login errors, and their tradeview doesn't even work at all in Firefox anymore.
This because Bitstamp made me lose like 5000eur and refuses to take responsibility.
Bitstamp's support BLOWS, Kraken's engine sucked (still sucks but much less apparently). Bitfinex & Bittrex are Tether-based - never had a problem with those, but you don't know when the Tether shit will hit the fan.
So, good luck finding a good exchange..
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:06:58 AM

Never had any delays with EUR myself. Same or next business day every single time.

Once I'm actually able to login into the site and click my way through the withdrawal process. This part that used to take a minute or two can now take the better part of a day. Truly legendary!

Hi Totscha. I'm sorry to hear that there's an issue with clicking through our website. Could you please open a ticket here and decribe the issue in as much detail as you can? Please also escalate your ticket using this form. Thank you for letting us know.

It's nothing a support ticket will solve. It has everything to do with intermittent performance/availability issues your website still faces. I'll grant you that it has gotten a lot better since the upgrade but it is still not reliable. A far cry from the performance of Kraken I enjoyed back in 2013.

The thing is, you have this security feature that prevents me from reloading a page using F5. So when I get a 5xx error I have to reload the previous page first by pressing back. Then I have to pray that page loads and then click on the button for the next page. So when the chance of getting a 5xx error is 50% you have to try this back and forth action dozens of times before you get a lucky streak and are able to advance one page forward. To be able to go through 5 pages (Funding>Withdraw>EUR>Enter details>Confirm) without an error is practically a miracle during these times.
CryptoTeng

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:25:32 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 09:37:48 AM by CryptoTeng

@Kraken-Septimus

This is the reply our friend is getting from you frauds.

"Feb 1, 13:39 PST
Hello,
They are all showing the same spikes because they all get the data from us. The data is erroneous and trades did not take place. Also we are not affiliated with Tradingview, they display they data that they are given.
Regards,
Gil
Kraken Client Engagement"

Which leads for us to the point to repeat the warning to customers:

KRAKEN ADMITS MARKET MANIPULATION

Again, please contact the relevant authorities if you encounter damages by Kraken. We advised our friend to contact the SEC in the USA to report this extreme case of market manipulation and/or criminal negligence. (it is lucky for our friend that he can prove that trades DID take place and will be able to provide screenshots to the authorities. In contrast to Gil's lie stated above.)
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:33:33 AM

This is one of the features that are actually logical in case of hijacks.

@Kraken
Why is the fee for BTC withdraws so high?
Really, i can send money for small buys cheaper via SWIFT with currency conversion.
kbwarung

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:58:27 AM

Hi Kraken

My deposit 9000USD is on hold or missing

ticket was created and escalated

ticket number :1491518

please solve the problem

Thank you
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:56:46 PM

I submitted a ticket 2 days ago and still not being replied. I understand kraken is a big exchange and must have thousands of people in their platform but how much complains do you get everyday that my ticket was buried in a pile of tickets? My complain is just about the BTC I've sent to an address that were now gone in the list of addresses I have.
Kraken-Septimus

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:07:20 PM

@Kraken-Septimus
Im having and missing deposit of 5k eur since 8th of January 2018 (On Hold, and no support at all).

no genuine response, just copy/paste messages "we will let you know then its sorted out" (wow, thank you)

there are many similar cases being reported on krakens twitter page, kraken just gave up responding same "lest as know your ticket we will escalate your ticket for you"

Hi Dellamarta. If you have already escalated your ticket then one of our agents will be with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

@Kraken support, seriously guys, what can we, as customers, do to help and get out of the current situation?
I bet that they are many devs willing to jump in and drill down the bugs after your update. It's worth to temporary hire Genius devs/technicians

Just advising people to open tickets is not helping anyone. You get overwhelmed with huge ticketing volumes and we get frustrated for lack of response.

HiTudor224. Our agents are working through the tickets as efficiently as possible at this time. We are still hiring so if you know someone that would be a good fit or if you would like to apply please drop by https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. Thank you for understanding.

This is one of the features that are actually logical in case of hijacks.

@Kraken
Why is the fee for BTC withdraws so high?
Really, i can send money for small buys cheaper via SWIFT with currency conversion.

Hi bernard75. The withdrawal fees aren't necessarily 1:1 with miner's fees because we have no way to guarantee what the fees will be in the future. Our algorithm works well in most situations but sometimes clients will find slower transactions when the mempool is suddenly full.

Hi Kraken

My deposit 9000USD is on hold or missing

ticket was created and escalated

ticket number :1491518

please solve the problem

Thank you

Hi kbwarung. If your ticket has already been escalated then one of our agents will be with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

I submitted a ticket 2 days ago and still not being replied. I understand kraken is a big exchange and must have thousands of people in their platform but how much complains do you get everyday that my ticket was buried in a pile of tickets? My complain is just about the BTC I've sent to an address that were now gone in the list of addresses I have.

Hi btctube. I'm sorry to hear about the delay in answering your ticket. Could you please escalate your ticket using this form? Thank you for your patience.

CryptoTeng

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:11:26 PM

@Kraken-Septimus

Since you answered other requests here, a little reminder. Dont forget about this little problem, please.

@Kraken-Septimus

Hello,
They are all showing the same spikes because they all get the data from us. The data is erroneous and trades did not take place. Also we are not affiliated with Tradingview, they display they data that they are given.
Regards,
Gil

Again, please contact the relevant authorities if you encounter damages by Kraken. We advised our friend to contact the SEC in the USA to report this extreme case of market manipulation and/or criminal negligence. (it is lucky for our friend that he can prove that trades DID take place and will be able to provide screenshots to the authorities. In contrast to Gil's lie stated above.)
Kraken-Septimus

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:14:25 PM

@Kraken-Septimus

Since you answered other request here, a little reminder. Dont forget about this little problem, please.

@Kraken-Septimus

Hello,
Regards,
Gil

Hi CryptoTeng. We can't discuss another client's account on social media for privacy reasons. If your friend is unhappy with the answer they received, please have them reply to the ticket again.

Thanks for reaching out. I hope this is resolved soon.

CryptoTeng

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:20:34 PM

@Kraken-Septimus

Since you answered other request here, a little reminder. Dont forget about this little problem, please.

@Kraken-Septimus

Hello,
Regards,
Gil

Hi CryptoTeng. We can't discuss another client's account on social media for privacy reasons. If your friend is unhappy with the answer they received, please have them reply to the ticket again.

Thanks for reaching out. I hope this is resolved soon.

Maybe you can clarify how this criminal behavior is acceptable for any client. This does not need to involve any discussion of any specific customer privacy details.

And how about explaining that you do not keep to your own ToS when it comes to justified refunds.

Both points could be very much interesting to other users of this forum.
Bonez0r

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:07:00 AM

Quick question: If i want to deposit USDT, is it using OMNI or ETH as a transport layer? I'm asking because i want to send some USDT from Bitfinex to Kraken. For OMNI the fee is 20 USD, for ETH only 3 USD. On Bitfinex's site i can choose which one to use but i don't want my money to disappear if Kraken only supports OMNI.
Dellamarta

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:25:25 AM

@Kraken-Septimus

Hi Dellamarta. If you have already escalated your ticket then one of our agents will be with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Oh, no kidding ?, one of your agents will be with me as soon as possible, i dont need them to write same crap, that they will contact me once its resolved,
i need my Stolen funds to be with me ASAP

getting your ridiculous messages for weeks now,what is your ticket, escalate ticket, agents contact asap.. blablabla, no real Support at all

WARNING ABOUT DEPOSITING YOUR FUNDS TO KRAKEN  !!!

I Somehow started to think that you have some serious liquidity problems, that you are trying to keep low
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: