Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 [6429] 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 07:59:34 AM

Started getting into cryptos a few months ago and I was very interested in all the money I saw being made on ICOs. I researched a few different coins and a couple sparked my interest, but they are proving not be what I thought they could be. Even tonight I spotted two ICOs that might be scams, so it definitely makes me hesitant about investing in ICOs. I'm starting to research coins that have been around awhile and maintained a level of success in crypto, and Dash is one of the one that I am very interested in. I'm currently looking at Dash, Monero, and Steem as my top 3 prospects for longer term holds. What do you guys think?

Price correction is underway after the 1000s % rises. All cryptos could fall a lot more. The boom-time for ICOs is pretty much over .

The 3 you listed are good, but this is a thread about Dash only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pure-dev

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:56:15 AM

Dash is doing quite good in the market.My masternode pays me well and i am cool with it holding it wayy long term.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:12:12 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:36:28 PM by mprep

What Does Your Response to China’s ICO Ban Say About You?

Whether you’ve taken a second loan out on your car to buy newly-cheap cryptocurrency or are seriously contemplating swan diving off the tallest object you can find after looking at your portfolio, odds are you’re aware of the bloodbath in the markets resulting from China deciding to ban ICOs. But what if I told you that the crisis is revealing as to your own character and motivations in the cryptospace?

york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:42:12 PM

Is dash still a thing?
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:16:27 PM

BItcoin ABC Lead Dev: 2017 Is the First Year with Negative Bitcoin Merchant Adoption

Bitcoin’s merchant adoption has actually gone down this year, according to the Bitcoin ABC lead developer.

In an episode of BitTopia, Amaury Séchet mentioned Bitcoin merchant adoption and its present status. He sees a decline in adoption in 2017, with more and more merchants formerly comfortable with supporting Bitcoin now choosing to no longer do so. The connection between this trend and ongoing high fees is fairly clear as merchants no longer find it viable to accept Bitcoin transactions for smaller payments, and consumers no longer finds the novelty of the transaction to be worth the fees.

https://www.dashforcenews.com/bitcoin-abc-lead-dev-2017-is-the-first-year-with-negative-bitcoin-merchant-adoption/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:12:59 AM

Dash and Monero have similar marketcaps right now.

I have heard that Monero has better anonymity than Dash with it's masternode setup.

What reasons do you guys suggest to use Dash instead of Monero, from a general user's point of view.

Why is Dash better than Monero if it is at all?

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:56:14 AM

I have heard that Monero has better anonymity than Dash with it's masternode setup.

What reasons do you guys suggest to use Dash instead of Monero, from a general user's point of view.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. Dash can scale to mass adoption levels fully decentralized at the protocol level and monero/zcash/btc can't.
Privacy only coins have their uses though, like having value as a Darknet currency, offshore type investment or money laundering on the fly. There is money to be made there but they can never scale to Digital Cash status like Dash, that is where the real money will be.

Dash's anon has also never been broken like other coins and its off-chain mixing is future proofed from Quantum computing which will eventually deanonymize the past of on-chain anon coins like monero etc.

Dash to unleash elite cybersecurity unit to ‘hack’ its blockchain
https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/08/03/dash-unleash-elite-cybersecurity-unit-hack-blockchain/amp/

Kristov Atlas Security review
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/reply-to-kristovs-paper.2325/

=============================

Monero has had a few issues with their privacy tech in the past but claim it is all fixed now. If you are real paranoid the best thing to do would be to use Dash, monero and zcash (on-chain/off-chain) all together, I prefer monero over zcash because of the trusted setup issues. I would hold in Dash at the end though. For me, all I use is Dash for privacy.

Monero Transactions History Can Be Revealed and Exposed: Research
https://cointelegraph.com/news/monero-transactions-history-can-be-revealed-and-exposed-research

Dash's privacy feature has never been broken - Turns out Monero's privacy feature has never really worked to begin with
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/65fz68/dashs_privacy_feature_has_never_been_broken_turns/

Warning: Every CryptoNote/Monero transaction in history will be retroactively exposed
https://steemit.com/cryptonote/@macrochip/warning-every-cryptonote-monero-transaction-in-history-will-be-retroactively-exposed

A well-respected cryptographer earlier this year released a tool called http://www.monerolink.com, where you can link all transactions from 2014-2016 with 100% (due to blockchain timing analysis apparently), and all transactions from 2016-2017 are linkable with a probabilistic distribution dependent on mixin size. So they have a table on the site, 1 mixin transactions are linkable 86% of the time, 10+ mixin transactions are linkable 22% of the time. Monero has fixed this bug since January of this year, but if you used monero on a DNM between 2014-Jan 2017, BEWARE!

Trolls incoming in 3 2 1.....

profitgenerator212

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:16:59 PM

Both have advantages and disadvantages. Dash can scale to mass adoption levels fully decentralized at the protocol level and monero/zcash/btc can't.
Privacy only coins have their uses though, like having value as a Darknet currency, offshore type investment or money laundering on the fly. There is money to be made there but they can never scale to Digital Cash status like Dash, that is where the real money will be.

Dash's anon has also never been broken like other coins and its off-chain mixing is future proofed from Quantum computing which will eventually deanonymize the past of on-chain anon coins like monero etc.

Trolls incoming in 3 2 1.....

Hey I'm not a criminal, I don't do dark market crap, I am just purely interested in this from either a general user's point of view but also from an investor's point of view because I do hold some Monero and I might buy some more Dash soon.

So you and that article are claiming that Monero is not quantum resistant, which is nothing new, most coins arent.

One point I always find is that the Dash mixing system relies on trusted masternodes to mix, so basically if the nodes are surveillance nodes, then the whole Dash privacy fall appart as well doesn't it?

So it's not just that Monero's privacy scheme is not flawless but actually Dash's privacy is worse.

Now ignoring privacy I do see more value in Dash since it's a DAPP kind of currency with a very active community and it has more appeal than any other blockchain, perhaps 3rd in popularity after ETH.

So I'm not saying Dash doesn't have value, but on the privacy front it's not that good. In other aspects it can be quite good, like the scaling of it I heard is much smoother and better than BTC.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:20:38 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:36:22 PM by mprep

ICO Debacle Demonstrates Dash’s Dependable Design

Since their inception, all cryptocurrencies have faced two particular challenges above all others. The first is primarily a technical issue while the other is economic. These issues are scalability and funding. Scalability, of course, has been at the center of the acrimonious debate within the Bitcoin community in recent years. Various technical solutions have been recommended, none of them a “silver bullet” to solve the blockchain’s inherent scaling issues. But the other major challenge—funding—has received less attention, though it is perhaps a greater problem. For a cryptocurrency project to be successful, it must fund the developers and maintainers of the project, but how?

kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

Is dash still a thing?
At least two, digital and cash.  Wink
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:35:59 PM

What happened to instantsend?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:43:38 PM

What happens if you own majority of MNs in a quorum.. what are the sorts of things you could do that shouldnt be allowed? In other words what specific attacks are the majority quorums stopping?
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:07:12 PM

What happened to instantsend?

It was disabled due to a vulnerability using SPORK pending the release of 12.2.

Here are some relevant threads.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/temporary-disabling-of-instandsend-due-to-potential-quorum-exploit-method.16492/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/6x00rl/temporary_disabling_of_instandsend_due_to/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/6x2854/dash_suspends_instantsend_due_to_potential_for_an/

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 04:04:03 PM

So you and that article are claiming that Monero is not quantum resistant, which is nothing new, most coins arent.

Another one completely missing the core point of the article.

Here, just for you, one more time, maybe you'll understand it:

But wait: Aren't all cryptocurrencies done for with the advent of Quantum Computing?

Hardly. Bitcoin and similar cryptocurrencies can safely transition to Quantum resistant encryption without compromising the security of their blockchain because it was transparent from the get go. CryptoNote/Monero however obfuscates its entire blockchain with QC-vulnerable encryption. Anyone with a copy of any CryptoNote blockchain (obviously this is the very nature of a distributed ledger) will be able to retroactively expose every transaction ever done with it. This cannot be mitigated after the fact because it's impossible to prevent someone from retaining an "unpatched" copy of the chain.

One point I always find is that the Dash mixing system relies on trusted masternodes to mix, so basically if the nodes are surveillance nodes, then the whole Dash privacy fall appart as well doesn't it?

If you have to "trust" Masternodes in Dash (you don't) then by the same flawed logic you have to "trust" full nodes in Bitcoin. Well do you? You should, I mean, aren't you afraid they might just drop your transaction from the mempool? Oops...

And no: Nothing "falls apart" with "surveillance nodes", because you can't possibly amass enough to have any effect on PrivateSend. Read and weep or if you're too lazy, here's a picture with some numbers for you. No one in Dash owns 1000 Masternodes, but even if such an entity existed their chances of tracing a single PrivateSend mixed at 4 rounds is a measly 0.3%. Not even going to mention the chances at 8 rounds. Or the fact that you'd hurt the massive value of your own wealth in Dash by attacking the network you've got that insane amount of skin in (over 330M USD at current prices).

Let's also not forget that PrivateSend is going to be completely restructured in Evolution and no longer rely on Masternodes anyway, but hey, why should I burst your bubble of Monero's "superiority" so soon?

So it's not just that Monero's privacy scheme is not flawless but actually Dash's privacy is worse.

Monero's privacy was provably broken. Dash's privacy was provably not broken. Whose privacy is worse?

So I'm not saying Dash doesn't have value, but on the privacy front it's not that good.

It's unbroken, so by only possible conclusion it's better than Monero's.

Hey asshole Smiley

Please tell us who you wanna "fuck up" at the Dash conferences again. I wanna watch you try and fully enjoy the ensuing hilarity. Please don't act surprised when you hear cuffs clicking at the end of the day.

Oh and next time think twice before announcing murder publicly on the internet. You arrogant Manuro-tards think you're so above it all. Just ask your friend Latapie on how reality has a way of catching up on you.

Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 04:23:10 PM

At Kraken the price is now ฿0.07355. Do you consider possible for Dash to reach last month's price anywhere in the near future?

https://dwq4do82y8xi7.cloudfront.net/widgetembed/?symbol=KRAKEN%3ADASHXBT&interval=D&symboledit=1&toolbarbg=f1f3f6&hideideas=1&studies=&theme=White&style=1&timezone=exchange
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:33:06 PM

Monero has great anonymity but has some serious scaling issues. You can see the results of that and the large transaction costs just from the increased interest it received last week. It will work good as an anonymous store of value but won't make it as an everyday used of transferring value

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:08:41 PM

Why and How to Buy Dash Peer-to-Peer

A high percentage of Dash trading volume flows through large centralized exchanges, which are the primary method consumers use to buy and sell. However, other services exist that allow this to transpire in a much more decentralized fashion. Here is why, and how, you should be buying and selling your Dash peer-to-peer.

https://www.dashforcenews.com/buy-dash-peer-peer/

Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 05:37:13 PM

Isn't it more expensive than buying directly on exchanges?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:07:07 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 06:37:38 PM by qwizzie

At Kraken the price is now ฿0.07355. Do you consider possible for Dash to reach last month's price anywhere in the near future?

https://dwq4do82y8xi7.cloudfront.net/widgetembed/?symbol=KRAKEN%3ADASHXBT&interval=D&symboledit=1&toolbarbg=f1f3f6&hideideas=1&studies=&theme=White&style=1&timezone=exchange

I fully exspect Dash to continue its current longterm uptrend :

Bithumb

Poloniex

First the 487000 (Bithumb) / 0.09491 (Poloniex) price will be broken and then Dash will break through the 0.1 price range. Question is not if Dash can do this .. question is when Dash will do this.
I have a feeling it will be sooner then most exspect.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
profitgenerator212

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:01:30 AM

Ok so we are talking about the privacy aspect of Dash let's not confuse things here.

Another one completely missing the core point of the article.

Here, just for you, one more time, maybe you'll understand it:

But wait: Aren't all cryptocurrencies done for with the advent of Quantum Computing?

Hardly. Bitcoin and similar cryptocurrencies can safely transition to Quantum resistant encryption without compromising the security of their blockchain because it was transparent from the get go. CryptoNote/Monero however obfuscates its entire blockchain with QC-vulnerable encryption. Anyone with a copy of any CryptoNote blockchain (obviously this is the very nature of a distributed ledger) will be able to retroactively expose every transaction ever done with it. This cannot be mitigated after the fact because it's impossible to prevent someone from retaining an "unpatched" copy of the chain.

That is not the main issue that I have been pointing out.

Besides the probability of breaking cryptonote is very slim even with QC, I have researched this. So these claims are not entirely true.

If you have to "trust" Masternodes in Dash (you don't) then by the same flawed logic you have to "trust" full nodes in Bitcoin. Well do you? You should, I mean, aren't you afraid they might just drop your transaction from the mempool? Oops...

No it's not the same thing. Bitcoin doesn't sell itself as a privacy oriented cryptocurrency, the transactions are already visible on the blockchain so in bitcoin the nodes don't matter from a privacy standpoint.

In Dash you do have to trust the masternodes. If the masternode you are routing throug the transaction is snooping, then that instance is compromized.

And no: Nothing "falls apart" with "surveillance nodes", because you can't possibly amass enough to have any effect on PrivateSend. Read and weep or if you're too lazy, here's a picture with some numbers for you. No one in Dash owns 1000 Masternodes, but even if such an entity existed their chances of tracing a single PrivateSend mixed at 4 rounds is a measly 0.3%. Not even going to mention the chances at 8 rounds. Or the fact that you'd hurt the massive value of your own wealth in Dash by attacking the network you've got that insane amount of skin in (over 330M USD at current prices).

Yes and what is the probability that all 4 nodes are snooping? Remember the masternodes cost a lot of money to setup. And there are allegations that a lot of masternodes are controlled by the dev team.

So in this perspective the privacy of Dash relies solely on a tiny centralized group of masternodes. Which is bad.

Let's also not forget that PrivateSend is going to be completely restructured in Evolution and no longer rely on Masternodes anyway, but hey, why should I burst your bubble of Monero's "superiority" so soon?

That is a step in the right direction.

I have 1 question though. Is the communication between mixing nodes encrypted well? Like with TLS or things like that? Because if it isn't, then say hello to permanent transaction records:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

At which point, it's exactly the same problem as with Monero if the Monero blockchain is decrypted by QC.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Pages: « 1 ... 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 [6429] 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: