Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:26:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 611 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🥊 The UFC Info and Prediction Thread  (Read 85546 times)
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1436

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 11:31:39 AM

Completely forgot that there is going to be Jake Collier vs Andrei Arlovski fight this weekend. This guy, Arlovski just cant get enough of fight. 43 years, 55 fights in professional career, been in UFC for 22 years. Again, Arlovski is sort of a card feeler, as his opponents record is like zebra - win/lose/win/lose... Arlovski has replaced Justin Tafa, who withdrew from fight. Well, that does not make Collier fight easier Cheesy I think Arlovski is going to win this fight (because Collier won previous fight and "zebra" rule gonna be used here Cheesy)

So if Jake Collier has a zebra pattern record then he needs to lose to Andrei Arlovski this time, Cheesy that would be hilarious but apparently, Andrei Arlovski is the favorite here and he surely needs this win, and pretty much he is hungry for that win that is, and maybe Collier is not going to break his Pattern but let's just see, if what may have happened, (in actuality I have to google those Zebra Rules first before reading your whole post, and pretty much curious about it aswell I really thought it was a new move style)

LOL. I just came up with zebra rule yesterday Cheesy Zebra has lines "black-white-black-white-ass" so I suggest from now on if any fighter has a record of win-lose-win-lose-win-lose (or close to it) call that he got a zebra rule curse.

but for me, if he really wants to be a boxer then move on what he really wants,

To describe a cunny man that cant decide what to choose as he want to have both, Russians often say that someone wants "both eat a fish and get on a spruce" ( "и pыбкy cъecть и нa eлкy влeзть") or a rude version "to eat a fish and not to sit on a dick" ("и pыбкy cъecть и нaxyй нe cecть"). That greatly describes what Ngannou wants.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 12:58:07 PM

I don't blame Ngannou at all pushing for what he wants, after all there should be enough leeway to allow him to have one rather large fight in boxing against Tyson Fury; without it actually effecting his UFC career too much. Dana will take a cut, and probably earns more from it than he would if it didn't happen. I'm not sure what is holding up the negotiations, as from Dana's stand point it looks like a no brainer. I guess the only issue is the actual contract negotiations, particularly salary on the UFC side of things, so how much Ngannou gets paid per fight in the UFC.

For me though, it'll get done. Tyson will likely fight Ngannou in a sort of exhibition match without too much on the line. Ngannou will get a few more fights in the UFC. Although, I can't see Ngannou being around for long in the UFC either. His knees are already spent by the looks of things.
Erumo

Activity: 549
Merit: 42

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 02:18:52 PM

Why this Ngannou is so much popular? Because he is a UFC heavyweight champion? Or because he knock people down in a brutal manner? I dont get, why this guy gets so much attention? Sure there are people who knocks other people down in among heavyweights. Because he looks fit and have muscles? Any other black skinned fighters looks the same.

You mess with the meow meow
You get the peow peow
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 02:28:26 PM

Why this Ngannou is so much popular? Because he is a UFC heavyweight champion? Or because he knock people down in a brutal manner? I dont get, why this guy gets so much attention? Sure there are people who knocks other people down in among heavyweights. Because he looks fit and have muscles? Any other black skinned fighters looks the same.
He's a bit of a freak of nature, and I don't mean any disrespect with that either. The guy is very gifted when it comes to physical size, and the amount of speed he possess despite being so muscle bound, and considering he hasn't been doing MMA for nearly as long as others, kind of goes to show he has a certain knack for the more technical side of things which to be honest has been the most impressive thing for me, and what makes him a outlier in a lot of comparisons. Ngannou vs Gane wasn't exactly the most entertaining fight, but Ngannou did what he needed to do against Gane who has been training pretty much all his life, and was considered the vastly better striker, and wrestler, and the only chance Ngannou had was via his power. He proved us wrong that day. Although, having said that the reason he's a bit of a star is because he arguably as the hardest punch in the UFC.

However, ultimately its because he can deliver. He gets the highlight reels, and he's also a fairly likeable character. He isn't a Conor Mcgregor that sells the show, but he gets on with his business, and usually delivers. He isn't a super star in the same sort of comparison to other fighters, but he is most definitely a entertaining fighter when he steps inside that cage.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 04:39:10 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2022, 05:18:22 PM by tokeweed

Check out some latest Jon Jones pictures

Still does not look a like a heavyweight to me.

He might not look like it, but his reported walking around weight when he was fighting at LHW was around 104kg and reportedly he was walking around at 108kg in 2020. In comparison, Miočić fights at around that weight or 110kg, so it's not that far off TBH. I don't think Jones will ever look like an HW if you compare him to Nganou (although there was that short stint where he did Powerlifting), but he's a lanky dude so he'll just look skinny fat. Nothing wrong with that.

Thinking about it..l  I wonder how Jones will look in the cage after all these years of inactivity.  Well he trains but I'm guessing nothing like preparing for a real match?  I think the bookies could misprice the line and get him to he a huge favorite against Miocic.  But then again we'll be reminded and ask ourselves what did we expect..?  'Of course Jones wins it easy.'.  Lolol.

Anyway, the weigh ins are live.  It started around 20 mins ago.

UFC Font vs Vera Official Weigh Ins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ-mO2UXEP0

Edit:  Rob Font looked terribad on the scale.  And he missed weigth be 2 lbs.  Still has an hour to lose it tho.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Renato297

Activity: 278
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 07:51:06 PM

UFC on ESPN 35 Multi Master Challenge
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5396281.0
Noob Q: Has anyone won in any of their events and successfully claimed their reward? I think I won one event (3rd) in the past but when I checked my SB account a couple of days ago, there's nothing there.

in fact at the Sportsbet.io Saturday Boxing Prediction Contest! Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte by jeremypwr I came in 3rd place with the 3 correct answers and gave the winner to others who only got 2 correct answers, I sent him a dm claiming why I didn't win? and it asked me for my sp username but I have not gotten an answer or the free bet
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 08:42:06 PM

I don't blame Ngannou at all pushing for what he wants, after all there should be enough leeway to allow him to have one rather large fight in boxing against Tyson Fury; without it actually effecting his UFC career too much. Dana will take a cut, and probably earns more from it than he would if it didn't happen. I'm not sure what is holding up the negotiations, as from Dana's stand point it looks like a no brainer. I guess the only issue is the actual contract negotiations, particularly salary on the UFC side of things, so how much Ngannou gets paid per fight in the UFC.
I see it as Dana White protecting Francis Ngannou from facing Tyson Fury who is one of the best boxers of all time and Francis Ngannou does not have any boxing experience and he is a brawler and there is no way he is going to land a punch on Tyson Fury but a mixed rule fight is a good option like they announced and i hope Dana White will accept that.

For me though, it'll get done. Tyson will likely fight Ngannou in a sort of exhibition match without too much on the line. Ngannou will get a few more fights in the UFC. Although, I can't see Ngannou being around for long in the UFC either. His knees are already spent by the looks of things.
Francis Ngannou is already 35 years old and he wants to make the maximum he can make during the short span and hence he is looking for big money fights and hopefully he gets what he is after.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 09:18:25 PM

I guess Dana should come to understand the side of Ngannou as he is not getting any younger, and before his days in boxing will be over, he should be given more favors to have his own fight if that will add more profits for him. As long as he can do it, i guess fighting with Fury, or Wilder seem very exciting to hear. Hopefully all this contract issues will end in positive vibes between Dana and Ngannou as its the best thing to happen.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 09:35:43 PM

Yeah I don't see it as protecting him. If Ngannou loses that fight his stock doesn't go down. Just as Conor's didn't go down against Mayweather. Despite what fans might say about that fight sometimes, Mcgregor actually looked pretty decent early on. However, we knew he wasn't built for multiple rounds, he barely lasts in UFC let alone Boxing. Tyson Fury is similar in that he's undefeated, and again a incredible athlete given his size.

Francis Ngannou is already 35 years old and he wants to make the maximum he can make during the short span and hence he is looking for big money fights and hopefully he gets what he is after.
Yeah, it's easy to forget sometimes his age, since he hasn't been around the UFC or even MMA all that long, like I previously alluded too. The guy has grown up fighting, but didn't start learning MMA on a professional level until a couple of years ago. It's still five plus years, but at the end of the day compare that to who he's fighting against, who have practically been doing it since they were children.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 01:03:47 PM

LOL. I just came up with zebra rule yesterday Cheesy Zebra has lines "black-white-black-white-ass" so I suggest from now on if any fighter has a record of win-lose-win-lose-win-lose (or close to it) call that he got a zebra rule curse.

Well, we could put it into tabs, the zebra rule will be used when a fighter's records are a pattern of win, lost, sin, lost, or similar to that pattern, and we can call it a Zebra Rule, I think this is very rare for certain fighters to have such record, but it is a good way so we can have a way to specify it, So the record pattern will be called the Zebra Rule Curse, good thinking TopTort777,

To describe a cunny man that cant decide what to choose as he want to have both, Russians often say that someone wants "both eat a fish and get on a spruce" ( "и pыбкy cъecть и нa eлкy влeзть") or a rude version "to eat a fish and not to sit on a dick" ("и pыбкy cъecть и нaxyй нe cecть"). That greatly describes what Ngannou wants.

If he wants to be both an MMA fighter and a boxer at the same time then I think he can but for us just by thinking about it is so ambitious and hard to accomplice for Francis Ngannou, if he truly wants to be a boxer he should just take down the other one, and because I think Dana White will not let him take a boxing career when he has still settled a contract with the UFC, he should eat a fish while not sitting on the dick of Dana White at the same time, he should be focused on just one,  

And here are my picks for this fight UFC Fight Night: Rob Font vs. Marlon Vera,

Rob Font VS Marlon Vera

Stake Odds for this fight are 1.78 for Font while 2.05 for Vera, and for this fight, I really looking forward to Marlon Vera, because of how unique he can be inside the ring, he might lose the 1st to 2nd round but he would do crazy stuff winning the 3rd round or put out his opponent by that time,  and for Rob Font, he surely has some decent standing but when it comes to the ground as he did to Cody Garbrandt, Garbrandt, just outwrestle him, and counter him whenever he goes on the ground, well I could be wrong but I like well-rounded guys, so my pick will be Marlon Vera.

Andrei Arlovski VS Jake Collier

Stake odds for this fight are 1.75 for Arlovski while 2.08 for Collier, Andrei Arlovski fight like a middleweight, in my opinion, there is no power in his strike, but there is a lot of movement, and pretty much he is quick to his feet, but with their age difference and Arlovski is fighting for almost way longer now I am seeing Jake Collier could have beaten his Zebra Pattern Curse of a record he had, instead of losing to Arlovski he can win it this time,
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 02:37:56 PM

^  Before the weigh ins I was leaning more towards Font.  But seeing how drained he was in the scale and he missed weight, it looks like he isn't ready for 5 rounds.  And here's the thing for Vera...  He's a slow starter and increases the pace starting around R3.  Font on the other hand would prolly only have a couple rounds of gas for this match before he fades.

And yup, Collier could win.  Just a hunch.  Lol.  I have no strong opinion.

Here are the weigh ins and the face off...  Enjoy.

UFC Font vs Vera Weigh ins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOaS1su64zU

UFC Font vs Vera Face offs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOnHiedkmbw

Rob Font (138.5)* vs Marlon Vera (136)
Andrei Arlovski (246) vs Jake Collier (265)
Joanderson Brito (145.5) vs Andre Fili (145.5)
Grant Dawson (155.5) vs Jared Gordon (155.5)
Tristan Connelly (146) vs Darren Elkins (145.5)
Krzysztof Jotko (186) vs Gerald Meerschaert (185)
Alexandr Romanov (236.5) vs Chase Sherman (247)
Daniel Silva (125) vs Francisco Figueiredo (125.5)
Gabe Green (170.5) vs Yohan Lainesse (169)
Mike Breeden (155.5) vs Natan Levy (155)
Gina Mazany (126) vs Shanna Young (125)
Carlos Candelario (126) vs Tatsuro Taira (125.5)

*Missed weight

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 04:52:48 PM

Another event I'm staying away with bets. I'll probably get some updated predictions up before the event though. Although, seems like a slippery slope a lot of these fights. Saving my money for the following event, which will likely be an event I get some wings in, and some beers.

I was going to put a bet on the Font vs Vera fight going the distance, but the odds just wasn't enough to justify the risk to be honest. For the Jake fight, my head says him, but my heart says Andrei Arlovski. Again, could be a fight that goes the distance.
TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 08:58:01 PM

Check out some latest Jon Jones pictures

Still does not look a like a heavyweight to me.

He might not look like it, but his reported walking around weight when he was fighting at LHW was around 104kg and reportedly he was walking around at 108kg in 2020. In comparison, Miočić fights at around that weight or 110kg, so it's not that far off TBH. I don't think Jones will ever look like an HW if you compare him to Nganou (although there was that short stint where he did Powerlifting), but he's a lanky dude so he'll just look skinny fat. Nothing wrong with that.

Thinking about it..l  I wonder how Jones will look in the cage after all these years of inactivity.  Well he trains but I'm guessing nothing like preparing for a real match?  I think the bookies could misprice the line and get him to he a huge favorite against Miocic.  But then again we'll be reminded and ask ourselves what did we expect..?  'Of course Jones wins it easy.'.  Lolol.

Well, Jones has enough talent and experience to still make it look like he hasn't been away that long. And you know what Dom Cruz says, there is no such thing as ring rust. With some fighters, it might, but with the top echelon, I think a couple of years here or there don't make much difference. Just look at GSP vs Bisping after 4 years of retirement.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 11:13:28 PM

Yeah I don't see it as protecting him. If Ngannou loses that fight his stock doesn't go down. Just as Conor's didn't go down against Mayweather. Despite what fans might say about that fight sometimes, Mcgregor actually looked pretty decent early on. However, we knew he wasn't built for multiple rounds, he barely lasts in UFC let alone Boxing. Tyson Fury is similar in that he's undefeated, and again a incredible athlete given his size.
The Heavy Weight Champion is often described as the best in the World and if Francis Ngannou enters the boxing ring as the UFC Champion and gets humiliated how can they ever promote the fights as the best in the World and it is certain that Francis Ngannou will struggle if he is facing Tyson Fury to land a single punch and Dana White knows the boxing world to allow that to happen.

Conor McGregor was able to convince Dana White but i doubt Francis Ngannou will be able to convince in a straight up boxing because the results are obvious. Cheesy
YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 11:43:48 PM

^  Before the weigh ins I was leaning more towards Font.  But seeing how drained he was in the scale and he missed weight, it looks like he isn't ready for 5 rounds.  And here's the thing for Vera...  He's a slow starter and increases the pace starting around R3.  Font on the other hand would prolly only have a couple rounds of gas for this match before he fades.

And yup, Collier could win.  Just a hunch.  Lol.  I have no strong opinion.

Here are the weigh ins and the face off...  Enjoy.

That was sad for Rob Font, but I really like Marlon Vera more, but yes the gas tank is the real issue here and both fighters could suddenly gas out in the middle of the match but not a good sign for Rob Font if that is his case but Marlon Vera can still pull his craziness inside the octagon, but a win towards submission is what I like to see, Marlon Vera is more on a calculating fighter, in my opinion, this could be a hard one for him but maybe he can pull through,

And with the Andrei Arlovski VS Jake Collier I really think that age of Arlovski will surely cause him if not now in the future, and Collier has that physical strength to win against Arlovski, but I really doubt Arlovski's strength, he just could pull a KO win anymore, it will always with decision,

Another event I'm staying away with bets. I'll probably get some updated predictions up before the event though. Although, seems like a slippery slope a lot of these fights. Saving my money for the following event, which will likely be an event I get some wings in, and some beers.

I was going to put a bet on the Font vs Vera fight going the distance, but the odds just wasn't enough to justify the risk to be honest. For the Jake fight, my head says him, but my heart says Andrei Arlovski. Again, could be a fight that goes the distance.

It was really hard to choose right now, well I am basing my picks on their latest fights, and many predictions that connect to what I have seen, in my opinion, in the Rob Font VS Marlon Vera case I am siding with the more technical fighter, and with Arlovski VS Collier, I am siding with the more Strength, I could be wrong but at least I will be more excited in watching the fights, but yeah it might go the distance for most of the fights.

TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 06:32:19 AM

The results are as follows

Well, Arlovski has done it again. I fear though that if faced with a higher tier of opposition, things won't look soo good, and I said it before, I'll say it again, he has had enough of head trauma over the years, he needs to call it quits.

Keylock and a kneebar, you don't see those every day. Or ever. And topping it off with a nice RNC, love seeing that many submissions in one event.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 11:45:30 AM

Here is the result for my picks on UFC Fight Night: Font VS Vera

Rob Font VS Marlon Vera - Unanimous Decision - WIN

At first, I wasn't so sure who was going to win but Marlon Vera is vicious he just can't wait for the match to start and wants to leap toward Rob Font, that was in round 3 I really think that the 1st and 2nd round Marlon "Chito" Vera is a calculating fighter that rounds were a set up so he can know what he could do, and from that point, he changes his approach he becomes very aggressive bloodied Rob Font and Font was saved by the bell from the ground and pound until Rob Font Bloodied by Chito's Knee, the fight was absurd and it was a total advantage for Marlon Chito Vera!

Andrei Arlovski VS Jake Collier - Split Decision - LOST

The Zebra Pattern Curse continues, and yeah TopTort777 was pretty much right by calling this a curse, Andrei Arlovski still got those lethal punches both men are committed to giving each other punches, knees, and kicks, while in round 3 Collier is pretty much aggressive and desperate after that headbutt Collier scored a takedown aswell but there is no much time to do anything for Arlovski, in  the end, three of the judge scored for Arlovski, it was a sensational win for Andrei Arlovski despite his age he is pretty much tough to take those nasty punches of the younger Jake Collier, well my judgment was really clouded, and despite Arlovski's age he pretty much has that experience in winning the fight, that is what I learn that he can do, but if he would fight a guy on the top 5 of their division, then it is likely he would surely lose,

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 01:04:05 PM

What a night, and what a main event. As expected the results were pretty much all over the place, but a entertaining night definitely. I thought the judges got the decisions correct, and the main event definitely delivered. Chito looked very good, and I know a lot of people will think that Font did enough in those rounds with his volume, but I'm of the impression that damage is better than low impact volume. Font was probably hurt 5/6 times in that fight, and I'm still not sure how he managed to survive until the end. He looked absolutely out on his feet a few times, and obviously wore the damage on his face.

I imagine after that Font will be having a rather lengthy time away from the cage, Chito on the other hand didn't take much damage so his recovery could be relatively quick.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 04:31:09 PM

~
I consider Jon Jones to be the greatest fighter of all time but even with all the skills and training his years of inactivity will have an impact when he returns and that too in a weight division where every fighter is a knockout fighter and on top of that he is going to face the best of the best against Stipe Miocic who is one of the best Heavyweight in the division.

I missed the entire fight card tonight, have to watch the highlights.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 05:38:00 PM

Here is the result for my picks on UFC Fight Night: Font VS Vera

Rob Font VS Marlon Vera - Unanimous Decision - WIN

At first, I wasn't so sure who was going to win but Marlon Vera is vicious he just can't wait for the match to start and wants to leap toward Rob Font, that was in round 3 I really think that the 1st and 2nd round Marlon "Chito" Vera is a calculating fighter that rounds were a set up so he can know what he could do, and from that point, he changes his approach he becomes very aggressive bloodied Rob Font and Font was saved by the bell from the ground and pound until Rob Font Bloodied by Chito's Knee, the fight was absurd and it was a total advantage for Marlon Chito Vera!

Andrei Arlovski VS Jake Collier - Split Decision - LOST

The Zebra Pattern Curse continues, and yeah TopTort777 was pretty much right by calling this a curse, Andrei Arlovski still got those lethal punches both men are committed to giving each other punches, knees, and kicks, while in round 3 Collier is pretty much aggressive and desperate after that headbutt Collier scored a takedown aswell but there is no much time to do anything for Arlovski, in  the end, three of the judge scored for Arlovski, it was a sensational win for Andrei Arlovski despite his age he is pretty much tough to take those nasty punches of the younger Jake Collier, well my judgment was really clouded, and despite Arlovski's age he pretty much has that experience in winning the fight, that is what I learn that he can do, but if he would fight a guy on the top 5 of their division, then it is likely he would surely lose,

I was surprised Font lasted for the whole 5 rounds tbh.  It looks like the botched weigh in thing wasn't much of a factor but then again maybe it did since Font's strikes didn't really cause any real damage...  Dunno.  And one thing I didn't like about Vera was he was getting hit a lot.  So if Vera's next match is for three rounds and vs a high volume striker, I am def fading him.

A rematch vs Song Yadong should be in order since their first one was a robbery.  Yadong won that one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 611 »
  Print  

Jump to: