Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1259993 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
koikoi

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:26:13 PM

Hi SPONDOOLIES TECH.

Please , yesterday I wrote you a few questions on your form. Can you give me an answer please? I would like to purchase miner SP30. In the future more, maybe 10pcs.
But now, i have limited time to spend around 10 000€.

If you do not reply me in time, I shall be compelled to find another company that will satisfy me.

With best regards

Koist Branislav.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:18:10 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 03:50:48 AM by Spondoolies-Tech

Hi SPONDOOLIES TECH.

Please , yesterday I wrote you a few questions on your form. Can you give me an answer please? I would like to purchase miner SP30. In the future more, maybe 10pcs.

If you do not reply me in time, I shall be compelled to find another company that will satisfy me.

With best regards

Koist Branislav.

We've replied to your questions. Due to the Holiday in Israel, it took more time than usual.
Please be patient.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
BunnyKiller

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:37:15 PM

Hi SPONDOOLIES TECH.

With best regards

Koist Branislav.

We've replied your answers. Due to the Holiday in Israel, it took more time than usual.
Please be patient.

@ Spondoolies,

How much delay are you expecting regarding payment confirmations?
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:39:32 PM

Gosh, how I love my neighbors :-)

Okay, I have now three SP10 up and running. But it was anything but easy. This hasn't to do with the miners - well, yeah, it has. With the noise. First, my neighbors came by and told me that the noise is so unbearable that they can't work in the office underneath anymore.

So I had to switch them off.

Hosting - in Switzerland - was just way too expensive.

My brilliant idea: Send them back to Spondoolies for hosting. However: For sending the miners to me, they charged me 198 US$. Sending the miners with DHL or UPS back, they would charge me the Swiss price: 1200 US$ PER MINER. So that was a no-go, too. Sending them to a hoster in Iceland would have been in the same price range.

The solution was finally a noise-reduced rack: . Two miners in it are perfect. I exchanged the two backside fans by three better, noise reduced high speed fans and put in two additional fans in the front. So the air flow is perfect.

The costs for the rack was about 1 BTC, for the fans about 0,15 BTC. And it is no problem to run them in medium  during the day and on low during the night. Finally, my babies work for me :-)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:48:22 PM

The solution was finally a noise-reduced rack:  Two miners in it are perfect. I exchanged the two backside fans by three better, noise reduced high speed fans and put in two additional fans in the front. So the air flow is perfect.

The costs for the rack was about 1 BTC, for the fans about 0,15 BTC. And it is no problem to run them in medium  during the day and on low during the night. Finally, my babies work for me :-)

Link for the rack? It's more accessible than the acoustic rack that Zelek Uther got. Why not fit 3? Heat? Space?

RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:51:04 PM

The solution was finally a noise-reduced rack:  Two miners in it are perfect. I exchanged the two backside fans by three better, noise reduced high speed fans and put in two additional fans in the front. So the air flow is perfect.

Link for the rack? It's more accessible than the acoustic rack that Zelek Uther got. Why not fit 3? Heat? Space?

It is due to the heat. From the space, it wouldn't matter. But it may be different for others: One of the miners is from the first batch, and this one seems to produce more noise and heat. The other two miners are hashing happily with 28 °C / 74 °C and 26 °C / 81 °C.

The racks were ordered here: http://www.edp-shop.de/19-Office-Racks/Office-Rack-Akustik/19-Office-Rack-Akustik-12-HE-aktiv-belueftet::123.html

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:57:58 PM

The noise complaints are numerous. So why doesn't Spondoolies address this issue and make an alternate version in a 2U rack size? I'm sure they would sell more units if they weren't so loud.

I thought my cointerra was obnoxious. Unless you have a room at the far end of your basement, this is not for you. I was really hoping to let it vent out the window. It's just to damn loud.
My SP10 is in a quiet rack cabinet:
http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/ucoustic_active.asp

I can't hear the SP10 at all, even standing next to the cabinet.

Basically have two choices. Throw it in a data center, hopefully a friends or if not then a regular co-location center or a high quality acoustically sound sealed rack. I would imagine 1/4 rack of good quality would be $1200+. Almost evens out compared to co-locating. And there is something nice in your mind knowing all your noisy, electrically sucking hardware is safe and sound in a DC. My poor home only has 100AMP main circuit, but it is a small 3 bedroom ranch style place. No corner basements to stick a cabinet in.

Or, if you are really into it and have the property space is to build some kind of shed and feed it with it's own electrical box from the electric company for all the power you need. Of course air conditioning on a 24/7 basis. This is an expensive way to go, but for people that always want their own gear in front of them.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:01:06 PM

The noise complaints are numerous. So why doesn't Spondoolies address this issue and make an alternate version in a 2U rack size? I'm sure they would sell more units if they weren't so loud.

I thought my cointerra was obnoxious. Unless you have a room at the far end of your basement, this is not for you. I was really hoping to let it vent out the window. It's just to damn loud.
My SP10 is in a quiet rack cabinet:
http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/ucoustic_active.asp

I can't hear the SP10 at all, even standing next to the cabinet.

Hi Zelek,

what size rack are you using?
how many SP10's are you running in the Ucoustic rack?
how's the rack managing the temperature of the SP10's?
are you running the SP10's on 'turbo mode'?

Lastly, what's the price of the rack you have? if you don't mind me asking.

thanks
merv77

> what size rack are you using?
24U

> how many SP10's are you running in the Ucoustic rack?
1 SP10. Plus an S1, S2, Jupiter, and misc small miners.

> how's the rack managing the temperature of the SP10's?
Very well. It has an internal temperature sensor which adjusts the fan speed of the cabinet based on the cooling requirement. The cabinet can handle up to 7.2kW of heat.

> are you running the SP10's on 'turbo mode'?
No, but the rack could handle it.  Due to power limitations I'm running the SP10 in normal mode.

> Lastly, what's the price of the rack you have?
It's expensive.  I paid the list price on the web page, plus customs import duty. But where it is located it had to be quiet, discreet, and secure (the cabinet is lockable). It's in an "office" type of environment and I didn't want anyone interfering with my rig.

Do you have a sound meter? Like to know what it is right outside that cabinet. How does the cabinet expel all that powerful forced hot air? That's where the sound would be, we're all just curious.

koikoi

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:09:36 PM

Thank you for your reply.
Sorry, I do not know good English.
Yet you write some questions later.
You have to understand that I want to pay a lot of money and I care.
kingmarv

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:25:45 PM

Thank you for your reply.
Sorry, I do not know good English.
Yet you write some questions later.
You have to understand that I want to pay a lot of money and I care.

I think 10 Units (what u call "alot of money") seem to be a normal order.
Maybe check the childboards for your language to get more informations about mining, because your english seem to be not realy good (no criticism).

Regards
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Okay, I have now three SP10 up and running. But it was anything but easy. This hasn't to do with the miners - well, yeah, it has. With the noise. First, my neighbors came by and told me that the noise is so unbearable that they can't work in the office underneath anymore.

My brilliant idea: Send them back to Spondoolies for hosting. However: For sending the miners to me, they charged me 198 US$. Sending the miners with DHL or UPS back, they would charge me the Swiss price: 1200 US$ PER MINER. So that was a no-go, too. Sending them to a hoster in Iceland would have been in the same price range.

The solution was finally a noise-reduced rack: . Two miners in it are perfect. I exchanged the two backside fans by three better, noise reduced high speed fans and put in two additional fans in the front. So the air flow is perfect.

How are you powering 3 SP10's in your home? And cooling them? Is it summer there yet?

RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

How are you powering 3 SP10's in your home? And cooling them? Is it summer there yet?

Yup, it is summer with 32° outside. First of all: Open windows in the night, close the shutters at daytime. That keeps the cold in the building. So that does the trick at the moment. Regarding power at home: I'm at the limit with three SP10, 12 Antminers, 2 Dragons and some Scrypt-Rigs. Now for every new miner like an SP10 or 30, I have to get rid of some Ants....
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:48:27 PM

All types of cabinets...

http://www.rackmountsolutions.net/AcoustiQuiet_MiniCab_Soundproof_Server_Rack.asp
http://www.kellsystems.com/18u_server_cabinet.asp
http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/quiet_rack_cabinets.asp

I wish I had the electricity, I would be interested in a cabinet myself but I'd still would need to cool everything and that would be the straw that breaks the camels back in my situation.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 06:22:17 PM

@ Spondoolies,

No delays at all. Katya go over the list of the bank statements every working day in Israel.
International wire transfers can take up to 4 business days.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Jonny Reload

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:39:46 PM

What's the warmest environment this ASIC can perform in without damaging the equipment? I ask because noise cancellation racks are a bit out of my price range right now and was wondering about sound proofing closets, cabinet drawers, etc.

I'm trying to figure out what's the best way for me to get this ASIC under 45db while still keeping it in working condition without over heating it.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:57:15 PM

@ Spondoolies,

No delays at all. Katya go over the list of the bank statements every working day in Israel.

my most recent took less than 48 hours - paid Monday confirmed by the time I got outta bed on Wednesday.  Smiley

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
BunnyKiller

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

@ Spondoolies,

my most recent took less than 48 hours - paid Monday confirmed by the time I got outta bed on Wednesday.  Smiley

Hmmm nice, I'm now at 74 hours Sad
And both banks are within the SEPA zone, Netherlands to Czech republic.
But we shall see tomorrow morning Smiley
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 07:03:34 PM

Hi SPONDOOLIES TECH.
Koist Branislav.
What a fucking kook!!!  lol.   Find another company?  Maybe BFL will satisfy you.  I hear they are really good for people who don't like to wait.  

Your serious tone and threats are a riot buddy.  You think Spondoolies could give a damn if you were waiting?  No way.  Jews like their holidays as much as the next guy.  You wait for office hours like everyone else.  

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
raskul

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:06:40 PM

@ Spondoolies,

Hmmm nice, I'm now at 74 hours Sad
And both banks are within the SEPA zone, Netherlands to Czech republic.
But we shall see tomorrow morning Smiley

that is quite a long time for a SEPA tx, however, I do use a bank who are very bitcoin friendly - even my withdraws from Kraken BTC exchange usually land in my bank within 2 hours. Have you spoken to your bank about the delay? what have they advised?

raskul

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:12:17 PM

Hi SPONDOOLIES TECH.
Koist Branislav.
What a fucking kook!!!  lol.   Find another company?  Maybe BFL will satisfy you.  I hear they are really good for people who don't like to wait.  

Your serious tone and threats are a riot buddy.  You think Spondoolies could give a damn if you were waiting?  No way.  Jews like their holidays as much as the next guy.  You wait for office hours like everyone else.  

also (lol) buyer should note; June batch is just as likely to sell out - (and most likely quicker than) as May batch. chances are if he doesn't get his order in quick, he'll be the one missing out.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: