Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150749 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:46:49 AM

Is nobody else concerned with the price these days? Noticed someone cleared out a bunch of the buy orders.

I think the problem is not many people know about clams, or they think it is the same coin as the defunct coin that shares the name. This is why I was pushing for more exchanges. If nothing else it will be a form of advertising. I tried to get it added to c-cex voting list, but the other clams is still on there so it did not work out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 08:32:10 AM

Is nobody else concerned with the price these days? Noticed someone cleared out a bunch of the buy orders.
I think the problem is not many people know about clams, or they think it is the same coin as the defunct coin that shares the name. This is why I was pushing for more exchanges. If nothing else it will be a form of advertising. I tried to get it added to c-cex voting list, but the other clams is still on there so it did not work out.

The 'getCLAMS' people are an unfortunate situation.

They launched after us, and it appears they didn't even bother doing a cursory check to see if the name was taken.
At least the ticker symbol is different.

Alas, it is a free world.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:04:58 PM

The 'getCLAMS' people are an unfortunate situation.

They launched after us, and it appears they didn't even bother doing a cursory check to see if the name was taken.
At least the ticker symbol is different.

Alas, it is a free world.

What happened to the Clam Shell?

A 50% decline even on tiny volume should have rolled out the Clam Shell...
Meaning 100 or 200 size support bids just below the market... like we've seen previously.

In fact, the Clam Shell should not be predictable...
It should occasionally sweep the Order Book on the up side for no reason other than flex buying muscle.

As far as I understand...
Clam Shell buying is also the only way Pool Participants get paid....
And the Pool is not doing well because the payouts are a fraction of any other scrypt pool.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:32:35 AM

There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding as to how the CLAM Shell actually functions.

Meaning 100 or 200 size support bids just below the market... like we've seen previously.

The CLAM Shell doesn't "roll out". 
It simply exists in the order book as buy orders.

It should occasionally sweep the Order Book on the up side for no reason other than flex buying muscle.

There are no upward pushing, "moving" buy orders.
This would cause CLAMS to be purchased at above market price...
For? A pump? Not the purpose.

Not true.  The CLAM Shell is made up of exactly 25% (deposit amount * 0.25) of the pool's proceeds.

I think that would have likely been a superior idea, and was indeed the "original" idea -> why didn't we do it that way?

And the Pool is not doing well because the payouts are a fraction of any other scrypt pool.

^ This.  It is difficult enough maintaining hash @ the pool.
kHashier.com has the longest term payout system in existence.
It makes p2pool look like it was designed for instant gratification - and yet even p2pool receives complaints about the slow build up of payouts.

Crypto is a short-term mind-set community.
That is understandable; we get it.
However, the CLAMS multi-pool will NOT perform well for short-term mining or pool hopping.
It was designed to not perform well over the short-term.

Synopsis:
  • The pool sells the block reward from mining for BTC, like any other multi-pool.
  • The resulting BTC, minus fees is accrued at Poloniex in order to purchase CLAMS.
  • 25% of arriving BTC is immediately placed into a Buy order at 75% of the highest current significant buy order.
  • If the price goes up such that the buy order falls to less than 50% of the highest current significant buy order, it is canceled and placed again at 75% of the highest current significant buy order.
  • If one of the buy orders is sold into, the resulting purchased CLAMS are periodically withdrawn and paid out to miners during the normal payout cycle.
  • The remaining 75% of BTC arriving at Poloniex is used to place purchases of CLAMS that are periodically withdrawn and make up the normal payout cycle.
  • All payouts, (25%)CLAM Shell or (75%)regular, are apportioned to miners in CLAMS based on their accrued percentage.
  • This includes our fee; which we take in CLAMS.

If you have any additional questions, I am happy to answer them.

garthkiser

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:13:32 AM

CLAMS State of the Chain

-Total number of public keys(BTC,LTC,DOGE) seen from initial distribution: 9,265
-Amount claimed from initial distribution: 42,670
-Lottery winnings: 12,534
-Staked earnings: 4021
-Total CLAMS in circulation: 59,272
-Approx. Market Cap: $30,000 USD

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:52:28 AM

CLAMS State of the Chain
-Total number of public keys(BTC,LTC,DOGE) seen from initial distribution: 9,265
-Amount claimed from initial distribution: 42,670
-Lottery winnings: 12,534
-Staked earnings: 4021
-Total CLAMS in circulation: 59,272
-Approx. Market Cap: $30,000 USD

Careful with such math.

Less than 3 BTC of buys and the price would be 0.01 and the marketcap just under:
$300,000

Still, it is helpful to visualize Smiley

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:20:22 AM

There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding as to how the CLAM Shell actually functions.

The CLAM Shell doesn't "roll out". 
It simply exists in the order book as buy orders.

There are no upward pushing, "moving" buy orders.
This would cause CLAMS to be purchased at above market price...
For? A pump? Not the purpose.

Not true.  The CLAM Shell is made up of exactly 25% (deposit amount * 0.25) of the pool's proceeds.

I think that would have likely been a superior idea, and was indeed the "original" idea -> why didn't we do it that way?

^ This.  It is difficult enough maintaining hash @ the pool.
kHashier.com has the longest term payout system in existence.
It makes p2pool look like it was designed for instant gratification - and yet even p2pool receives complaints about the slow build up of payouts.

Crypto is a short-term mind-set community.
That is understandable; we get it.
However, the CLAMS multi-pool will NOT perform well for short-term mining or pool hopping.
It was designed to not perform well over the short-term.

Synopsis:
  • The pool sells the block reward from mining for BTC, like any other multi-pool.
  • The resulting BTC, minus fees is accrued at Poloniex in order to purchase CLAMS.
  • 25% of arriving BTC is immediately placed into a Buy order at 75% of the highest current significant buy order.
  • If the price goes up such that the buy order falls to less than 50% of the highest current significant buy order, it is canceled and placed again at 75% of the highest current significant buy order.
  • If one of the buy orders is sold into, the resulting purchased CLAMS are periodically withdrawn and paid out to miners during the normal payout cycle.
  • The remaining 75% of BTC arriving at Poloniex is used to place purchases of CLAMS that are periodically withdrawn and make up the normal payout cycle.
  • All payouts, (25%)CLAM Shell or (75%)regular, are apportioned to miners in CLAMS based on their accrued percentage.
  • This includes our fee; which we take in CLAMS.

If you have any additional questions, I am happy to answer them.

I very much appreciate your detailed response Smiley

I'm a Pro Trader on the NYSE for 20 years (millions of trades)...
And I'm #3 with about 8% on your Payouts Rankings (view it as a donation)...
Plus I have a mathematical interest in how a multipool can best support a coin's price.

Corporations often set aside billions of $$$ for share buybacks...
With the whole point = boost the share price by retiring shares and shrinking the float...
No one on Wall Street views this as a "pump"...
Because the #1 job of a CEO is to increase the share price for investors...
That's the whole point of capital markets... and Polo is a capital market.

Anyway, a fixed-in-cement algo like yours is very sub-optimal for any purpose...
It really should be a discretionary, creative program managed by an experienced trader.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:11:08 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 06:55:04 PM by SuperClam

We have another bounty for an enterprising CLAM out there!

Bounty:
75 CLAMS.

Title:
Create or re-purpose an open source Reddit or Twitter CLAMS tip bot.

Requirements:
  • Functions as a full-service tip bot.
  • Able to target certain keywords, boards, hashtags, etc. to spread the CLAM gospel.

Hope we can get this finished; I think it would be great for the CLAMS community Grin

fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:58:01 PM

We have another bounty for an enterprising CLAM out there!

Bounty:
Starts at 50 CLAMS.

Title:
Create or re-purpose an open source Reddit or Twitter CLAMS tip bot.

Requirements:
  • Functions as a full-service tip bot.
  • Able to target certain keywords, boards, hashtags, etc. to spread the CLAM gospel.

Hope we can get this finished; I think it would be great for the CLAMS community Grin
Hey, I'm no expert coder But I found something useful that will help!
Here is the source for the tippercoin: https://github.com/BitcoinMafia/twittercoin
You can check that! Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:05:41 PM

Will the --salwagewallet remove my DOGEs from my wallet?
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:14:02 PM

It wouldn't, no, it would remove all the info aka settings/tx data etc but your DOGE's private keys would remain.

The proper way to import a wallet now is directly thought the UI in 1.4.2.2. Doing it this way ensure's all the invalid DOGE data in the wallet.dat is removed.

--salvagewallet is more destructive and should only be used in the normal cases where you would want to use salvagewallet. 

KriszDev

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:16:35 PM

It wouldn't, no, it would remove all the info aka settings/tx data etc but your DOGE's private keys would remain.

The proper way to import a wallet now is directly thought the UI in 1.4.2.2. Doing it this way ensure's all the invalid DOGE data in the wallet.dat is removed.

--salvagewallet is more destructive and should only be used in the normal cases where you would want to use salvagewallet.  

So I"will not lose any DOGE? I wanna be sure before i do it.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:30:34 PM

It will change the structure of your wallet.dat, so make sure you use a copy, rather than your 'original'

As far as changing your actual DOGE balance, no, it will not affect that, because CLAMS is a separate network.
xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:40:14 PM

You 100% will not lose any of your DOGE.  

I do suggest making a backup of your original DOGE. There have been no reports of wallet.dat files being corrupted and there have been a lot of imports at this point (at least 9300+ addresses). The way the import is done now lowers that risk significantly also as the wallet you import is left untouched.. but I always suggest backing up.

xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:42:35 PM

It will change the structure of your wallet.dat, so make sure you use a copy, rather than your 'original'

As far as changing your actual DOGE balance, no, it will not affect that, because CLAMS is a separate network.

The new importwallet UI will not actually change the structure of the original wallet.dat. Its opened temporarily in memory, the keys are copied into the clams wallet and then its closed. The previous method was destructive, this however is not.

adjiadjo
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:49:23 PM

can anyone help me how to claim clam if i'm using multibit wallet?
thx in advance Smiley
KriszDev

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:54:41 PM

So I'm just hit "Import wallet" in the GUI client and select the DOGE wallet?
xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:09:25 PM

So I'm just hit "Import wallet" in the GUI client and select the DOGE wallet?

Thats correct. If your wallet was password protected it will ask you for the password once you select the DOGE wallet.dat file.

You client will freeze for a time (length depends on the amount of keys it is scanning) so just wait for the UI to become responsive again.

xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:20:53 PM

thx in advance Smiley

For sure.

Goto  Tools->Export Private Keys

put in your wallet password.

Select "Do not password protect export file"

and click on  "Export to ..." to select where to put the file.

You will see lines in the file like

5K13f6J8KySKqHhvME9rweRdV21hSNkcU5ZMd4rTWXwWusPFDrx 2014-01-24T00:04:35Z

For each of those lines go to the clam client ->Help->debug->console  and use the command

importprivkey 5K13f6J8KySKqHhvME9rweRdV21hSNkcU5ZMd4rTWXwWusPFDrx

You will need to do that with each key in the file. Theres not any scripts in the wild I'm aware of to automate it.

adjiadjo
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:31:20 PM

thx in advance Smiley

For sure.

Goto  Tools->Export Private Keys

put in your wallet password.

Select "Do not password protect export file"

and click on  "Export to ..." to select where to put the file.

You will see lines in the file like

5K13f6J8KySKqHhvME9rweRdV21hSNkcU5ZMd4rTWXwWusPFDrx 2014-01-24T00:04:35Z

For each of those lines go to the clam client ->Help->debug->console  and use the command

importprivkey 5K13f6J8KySKqHhvME9rweRdV21hSNkcU5ZMd4rTWXwWusPFDrx

You will need to do that with each key in the file. Theres not any scripts in the wild I'm aware of to automate it.

yeah its working Cheesy
thank you for helping me  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: