Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:53:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700857 times)
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:58:17 AM

Wow, I will definately be trying out your program over the next week when I get some time off work. Very slick looking! Great work!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 04:54:11 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 05:21:44 PM by patrike

Good job with some of these changes, definitely shaping things up. I have another weird idea that people would pay money for, but is a niche and not exploited right now.

If you're looking at add a addition to your software consider adding a easy to setup localized pool for solo mining. Right now some coins don't work well or at all solo mining with the wallet QT so you have to setup pool software to make it work. There are a few different distributions available online, making it easy to use and setup is definitely a feature I'd be willing to pay extra for and I'm sure some others would as well. It would also help you to sell larger licenses with added 'solo coin pool' support.

Definitely something to think about to add robustness to your software.
Thanks for your feedback.

It's in interesting idea, but I have to say that I'm not too familiar with solo mining and pool software at the moment. I had another idea in the past of integrating a stratum proxy that you could control from Awesome Miner, but that's of course another use case.

I have another feature in the pipeline that you might like. Large scale GPU clocking without using mining software, but instead doing remote control of MSI Afterburner. I will post information about that one within the next hour.

Yup, didn't think it would be something you're super familiar with, but a possibility in the future if you're looking to expand into different areas.

I use MSI afterburner currently on all of my rigs to OC, so it's definitely a option. As I mentioned before I would consider staying away from third party software if possible. Both AMD and Nvidia have built in overclocking through their APIs within their drivers. That's what afterburner accesses. Nvidia inspector is a popular program which also accesses this. Limiting dependencies and possible things that can go wrong is definitely a good idea. You shouldn't need to install a billion programs to get full functionality out of AM. I know it's more work for you, but it makes for a better full flushed out product.

It's a good place to start, not somewhere where you'd want to finish though.
Thanks for your feedback.

I agree that it would be nice to have all features built-in without any third party software. I also think we can agree on that it would require a significant effort in terms of implementation hours to do this directly towards both the nVidia and AMD SDKs/drivers, and keep up to date with all new drivers and new GPU's. Using MSI Afterburner for the purpose saves at least a month of implementation time that can be spent on features that more users are requesting and are willing to pay for. So for the users that do want to use this feature, it's only one more application to install - not a billion. And it's probably the only case where you manually need to install external software to get access to a feature in Awesome Miner, so it's not a general problem.

When developing software, it's always about priorities and making as many users as possible happy. I do hope that you still find this new feature useful, especially because you already have MSI Afterburner installed.

I do appreciate your honest feedback, and I do take notes of all requests I get. This is valuable input when I prioritize the features to work on.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 04:55:54 PM

Wow, I will definately be trying out your program over the next week when I get some time off work. Very slick looking! Great work!
Thanks! Please let me know your feedback once you started using the application as well.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:20:54 AM

Thanks! Please let me know your feedback once you started using the application as well.

Downloading now, If I get some time this evening I will install and test on some older gear including USBs, S1 and GPUs. Does it support both LTC and BTC mode on the Gridseed 5 chip miners, I have one of those aswell - if it does dual mining that would be cool as.

FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:33:36 PM

In those cases I have to reboot the rig, but unfortunately sometimes not all GPUs start hashing after start of CM. CM states that the GPU hangs in OpenCL call and watchdog restarts CM which can also lead to the screen above.
I do have this problem on all my rigs, so I would appreciate any idea that might help.

It would also be an option if Awesome Miner could monitor the miner if it is still hashing and, if it is not, reboot the whole Rig (since this seems to be the only way to solve this I think). Currently I am rebooting manually, up to 10 times until all cards are hashing and I do not get a watchdog restart due to the watchdog.
From an Awesome Miner point of view, you should be able to use the Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) for this. If no GPU at all is hashing it would be possible to use the "Accept progress" rule that takes care of the scenario where the number of Accepted shares isn't increasing. If only a few GPU's are hashing, it should be indicated on the hashrate in some way. You can then use the Check Statistics trigger with property "Hashrate 5s" to define multiple checkmarks for the hashrate. If current, 1 min ago, 2 min ago hashrates are all below a certain level you could trigger an Action. The action can be a reboot.

When looking at the statistics reported to Awesome Miner, how do you see that Claymore isn't operating as it should? Is it only that the hashrate is lower than it should?

Hello patrike,
thank you for your response. Unfortunately I have not found a good way yet, so let me describe more detailed what happened.
I do start Claymore Miner (CM) using Awesome Miner (AM), I did this without additional parameters (set by me).
Normally the software starts hashing, but often not all GPUs can be initiated and fail on OpenCL initialization. Since CM has a watchdog by default it restarts the software.
When this happens it comes to the screen posted before, it gets stuck on starting CM even before one single package has been submitted. Actually I do not think that this is a state I can access the rules with, right? If there is a way please let me know, this would be my preferred way.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 09:05:12 PM

Downloading now, If I get some time this evening I will install and test on some older gear including USBs, S1 and GPUs. Does it support both LTC and BTC mode on the Gridseed 5 chip miners, I have one of those aswell - if it does dual mining that would be cool as.
Awesome Miner will support ASIC's with network API's like Antminers S1-S9 and also GPU mining. For Gridseed 5, that one requires cgminer to be running on your computer to control it - right? Awesome Miner doesn't give much help here, other than allowing you to select cgminer as mining software and then you have to put in the command line yourself. Once cgminer is running, Awesome Miner should be able to monitor it using the API

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 09:16:00 PM

In those cases I have to reboot the rig, but unfortunately sometimes not all GPUs start hashing after start of CM. CM states that the GPU hangs in OpenCL call and watchdog restarts CM which can also lead to the screen above.
I do have this problem on all my rigs, so I would appreciate any idea that might help.

It would also be an option if Awesome Miner could monitor the miner if it is still hashing and, if it is not, reboot the whole Rig (since this seems to be the only way to solve this I think). Currently I am rebooting manually, up to 10 times until all cards are hashing and I do not get a watchdog restart due to the watchdog.
From an Awesome Miner point of view, you should be able to use the Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) for this. If no GPU at all is hashing it would be possible to use the "Accept progress" rule that takes care of the scenario where the number of Accepted shares isn't increasing. If only a few GPU's are hashing, it should be indicated on the hashrate in some way. You can then use the Check Statistics trigger with property "Hashrate 5s" to define multiple checkmarks for the hashrate. If current, 1 min ago, 2 min ago hashrates are all below a certain level you could trigger an Action. The action can be a reboot.

When looking at the statistics reported to Awesome Miner, how do you see that Claymore isn't operating as it should? Is it only that the hashrate is lower than it should?

Hello patrike,
thank you for your response. Unfortunately I have not found a good way yet, so let me describe more detailed what happened.
I do start Claymore Miner (CM) using Awesome Miner (AM), I did this without additional parameters (set by me).
Normally the software starts hashing, but often not all GPUs can be initiated and fail on OpenCL initialization. Since CM has a watchdog by default it restarts the software.
When this happens it comes to the screen posted before, it gets stuck on starting CM even before one single package has been submitted. Actually I do not think that this is a state I can access the rules with, right? If there is a way please let me know, this would be my preferred way.
When the Claymore Miner is hanging at startup, has it initialized the API or is it indicated as "Interface offline" in Awesome Miner?
If the API is up, you should be able to use rules like "Accept progress" to detect that Accepted shares doesn't increase.
If the API isn't running (Interface offline), you have a rule for "Offline detection". That one should be able to detect disconnected API's on a Managed Miner that is indicating "Mining - Interface offline". If the interface is offline for more than 2 minutes - it could be a sign that the miner isn't working as it should.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 02:40:07 PM

Awesome Miner development release v2.9.5 (preview of v3.0)

Read this post about the v3.0 previews in general:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg18621070#msg18621070

Please make sure to run the same version of both Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent.

New in v2.9.5:
- Display of exchange rates for the 4 most popular coins in the status bar
- With a new setting, all the profit switching pools (NiceHash, Zpool) can be accessed from any miner, to make it easier to use the same pool configuration for non-profit switching miners as well.
- Beta-level support for Excavator miner. Mining statistics are limited due to limited API.

wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:58:37 PM

Hi @patrike,

Thanks for the great program and all the hard work you have put into it! I have been using AM for probably close to a year now.

(I now use the Professional Edition to monitor my four to seven Antminers - depending on the temp outside. Four S9's normally and I turn on the older S7's to heat parts of the house when the temps are cold.)

Anyway, hope this isn't a stupid question and the answer is not right there starring me in the face. Smiley

I am an older BTC miner who uses bifocals in every-day life. I still have to look over my glasses at times for text in small print or if it's in a browser window, I can always zoom in to better see what I'm looking at. But since the Awesome Miner is an application and not a browser, I have to LEAN IN to read some of the text easily in the AM GUI.

Is there any way of increasing the AM text size? I know I could use the Windows "Ease of Access" Magnifier tool, but that is a pain in the @ss to use and makes the magnifier more difficult than it's worth.

Is there any way currently to increase the Awesome Miner text size or is that something that could be addressed in future releases?

Thanks again for a great app and I'm sure if there is a way to make the GUI easier to see for us older folks, you will figure out a way!

Thanks!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

MINE ON !!

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
topgeek

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:58:41 PM

How do I get the other card's temps to show up?
They are four RX480 cards mining Eth with Claymore and I can see the temps of all 4 in afterburner but only card 1 is showing in awesome miner.

Screen shot:

Another rig with two GTX cards in it shows the temperatures for each card fine.

topgeek

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:04:12 PM

Awesome feature!  but trying to ride white text on light blue is impossible if in the "Black" Theme

screen capture to show:

cheers!
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:40:36 PM

Couple weird ass sugestions that would be useful, some take more work then others.

There needs to be a way to see when a rig locks up after applying a OC. You can do this manually right now, but say if a rig starts locking up/rebooting/going offline after clocks change maybe highlight it in red or something. Some sort of management feature for outlining problematic rigs.

A local mining stratum, along with the earlier mentioned solo mining pool. There are a few different ones available. Stratehm is a popular and available one to consider integrating. This is important for wallet mining and also for large scale mining on outside pools.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:25:12 PM

Is there any way of increasing the AM text size? I know I could use the Windows "Ease of Access" Magnifier tool, but that is a pain in the @ss to use and makes the magnifier more difficult than it's worth.

Is there any way currently to increase the Awesome Miner text size or is that something that could be addressed in future releases?

Thanks again for a great app and I'm sure if there is a way to make the GUI easier to see for us older folks, you will figure out a way!
Thanks for the nice feedback. It's currently not possible to change the font size. I do have a note about this request, so it's not forgotten.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:28:21 PM

How do I get the other card's temps to show up?
They are four RX480 cards mining Eth with Claymore and I can see the temps of all 4 in afterburner but only card 1 is showing in awesome miner.

Screen shot:

Another rig with two GTX cards in it shows the temperatures for each card fine.
I think the Claymore miner isn't reporting the GPU status in some scenarios. I've seen that behavior before. Could you provide the API report for this miner and I can verify it. You will find it in the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. If you switch to the new System-tab, can you see any GPU status there?

Awesome feature!  but trying to ride white text on light blue is impossible if in the "Black" Theme

screen capture to show:

cheers!
I will try to address that one.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:36:15 PM

Couple weird ass sugestions that would be useful, some take more work then others.

There needs to be a way to see when a rig locks up after applying a OC. You can do this manually right now, but say if a rig starts locking up/rebooting/going offline after clocks change maybe highlight it in red or something. Some sort of management feature for outlining problematic rigs.

A local mining stratum, along with the earlier mentioned solo mining pool. There are a few different ones available. Stratehm is a popular and available one to consider integrating. This is important for wallet mining and also for large scale mining on outside pools.
These are good points. About highlighting problematic miners, it could probably be solved by using the Rules.
Triggers:
- Offline detection: If the miner becomes offline because of restart or not responding
OR
- Accept Progress: If number of Accepted shares has been unchanged for example 5 minutes (or any number of minutes between 1 - 10)
Action: Highlight Miner -> Red

A miner that is rebooting will show up with some red status text in the Status column even without any rules configured.

About a built-in stratum - yes, I've had this on my list of things to investigate for future releases. I agree that it would make sense for larger installations.

topgeek

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:58:32 PM

I think the Claymore miner isn't reporting the GPU status in some scenarios. I've seen that behavior before. Could you provide the API report for this miner and I can verify it. You will find it in the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. If you switch to the new System-tab, can you see any GPU status there?

I looked on the remote machine and the remote agent version was 2.2
Thinking that maybe it was too old I grabbed the newest version - 2.4.2 - but this didn't fix it.

It still shows up like this:

screen shot:

i.e. Mining (68/0/0/0 °C)

Claymore version is 9.3

the new System-tab comes up completely blank - no information on it.

Here is the API Report:

Version: 2.9.5
API command: miner_getstat1
{
  "result": [
    "9.1 - ETH",
    "185",
    "103928;290;0",
    "25661;26083;26091;26091",
    "0;0;0",
    "off;off;off;off",
    "70;31",
    "us2.ethermine.org:4444",
    "0;0;0;0"
  ],
  "id": 0,
  "error": null
}
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 09:25:58 PM

I looked on the remote machine and the remote agent version was 2.2
Thinking that maybe it was too old I grabbed the newest version - 2.4.2 - but this didn't fix it.

It still shows up like this:

screen shot:

i.e. Mining (68/0/0/0 °C)

Claymore version is 9.3

the new System-tab comes up completely blank - no information on it.

Here is the API Report:

Version: 2.9.5
API command: miner_getstat1
{
  "result": [
    "9.1 - ETH",
    "185",
    "103928;290;0",
    "25661;26083;26091;26091",
    "0;0;0",
    "off;off;off;off",
    "70;31",
    "us2.ethermine.org:4444",
    "0;0;0;0"
  ],
  "id": 0,
  "error": null
}
Thanks for providing these details. From the API report it's clearly a problem in the Claymore miner, as it only reports the status of a single GPU. "70;31" indicates GPU#0 temperature 70 and GPU0 Fan speed: 31%. If you have multiple GPU's those values should also be reported by the Claymore miner, but they are not.

I can also see that you are running Awesome Miner main application version 2.9.5. Then you should use the same version of the Remote Agent, also 2.9.5. You can download Remote Agent 2.9.5 manually from here if you was unable to upgrade it from the software:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi

After applying this version, please check the System tab again.

topgeek

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:57:34 PM

Thanks for the direct link!
I updated the version of the remote agent to 2.9.5 and now the system tab works.

It is interesting - because the system tab is getting the temperatures but they are still not showing in the other listing (the one I watch all the time Smiley )

screen capture:

https://snag.gy/mwhk1Q.jpg

I assume the one is pulling it from Claymore and the System Info one is pulling it from your remote agent.
Product update idea:   use the system information one in both locations if available Cheesy - lol

any idea how to fix claymore's bug?

topgeek

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:01:36 PM

p.s. I really like the "Dashboard" notification as well - the black screen that shows the summary including income rates - if you could add a temperature field for each miner to that screen in some way then I'd probably change it to my default.
The reason I use the other screen is that temperatures are more important to me from a live monitoring point of view.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 03:27:30 PM

Thanks for the direct link!
I updated the version of the remote agent to 2.9.5 and now the system tab works.

It is interesting - because the system tab is getting the temperatures but they are still not showing in the other listing (the one I watch all the time Smiley )

screen capture:

I assume the one is pulling it from Claymore and the System Info one is pulling it from your remote agent.
Product update idea:   use the system information one in both locations if available Cheesy - lol

any idea how to fix claymore's bug?

In the next update, 2.9.6, you will actually be able to see the GPU monitoring information from the System tab also on the GPU tab. That will however only work for Managed Miners, because the information from the System tab is from the Awesome Miner Remote Agent.

There will be a new button "Map to system monitoring..." in the GPU tab for this purpose. Depending on mining software, settings to mining software and more factors, the order of the devices from the mining software being displayed on the GPU tab may not match all the devices on the system. For that reason it will be possible to map between them. You will see this once I have released the updated versions within a few days.

The Claymore temperature bug is something you need to report to the author of that software.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: