Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:24:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701163 times)
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:54:49 PM

Yes you can! Pushover allows you to generate unique email addresses in situations like this where direct integration is not supported. I have it working on my setup, its great.

I am doing same thing but you get a little more customization with native support.
Pushover is not supported. What will be supported later on is SMS messages.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 07:57:06 PM

Hey patrike

I haven't posted in while because no issue but I have one.
 I'll  try explain as best i can ...

I have a 5 cards 4 are AMD cards and one is a NV GTX 1060 card and I'm mining Zec, i have to use CM 12.5 for the AMD cards and for the GTX 1060 i have to use EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.

The Problem is If I use  the Map System Monitoring it shows the GTX 1060 as a AMD card on device 0 which the AMD card is on device 0, is there a way to make AWESOME miner Show the GTX 1060 card as a GTX 1060 ..i have to load it by it self because CM 12.5 Zec miner doesn't support NV cards ...and EWBF shows it as Device 0 when it's device 4 and sense it does awesome lists it as Device 0 which makes it think the gtx card is a AMD card ... but if i look at the list under the Maped system it shows the NV card as device 4 and as a GTX 1060 ... i think i explained right ...
Hi,
Map to System Monitoring should in your case show all 5 cards. Then you need to use the up/down buttons to define the order of them.

On your Claymore ZEC miner for AMD, you should first of all move down the nVidia card to the last position - then it will not be used in the GPU tab with your 4 active cards.
On your EWBF ZEC miner for nVidia, you should move the nVidia card to the top

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 07:58:38 PM

anyone know how to add write api access for  L3+???

I have it enabled with correct pw.
The feature to set Privileged API access for Antminers should work for L3 as well:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/antminerapi.aspx

Thank you. I got it.

I was putting in the Privileged IP of the miner, not which computers I wanted to give Write access. I did not read the clear description of what I was suppose to input.
Thanks for the feedback, I will try to make the description better.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 08:04:42 PM

Well I just purchased the standard edition for my 4 miners mining Zcash, and.....  NO ZCASH profile like your website showed. It just shows a yellow circle with EQH in it and "Unspec. Equihash. NO Zcash?  Really? Why do you show it on your website? It will not give me the Per Day or Per Month calculations as "unspecified".....
Hi,
Are you using Managed Miners, where you define the Pool in Awesome Miner? If the pool is a Zcash pool, you should use the Pool Properties in Awesome Miner to set the Coin to Zcash. If Awesome Miner knows it's for example Zcash, it will show the profit information based on this.

If you mine Equihash on either Nicehash or Zpool, it will be "Unspecified Equihash". There is no way to know if it's Zcash in these scenarios. However, Awesome Miner do know the profitability of the Equihash algorithm at both Nicehash and Zpool. Then it makes sense to show the profit information even if the exact coin is known.

Also let me know which mining software you are using. For EWBF it wasn't until the very latest version 0.3.4 that it supported to report pool and worker information correctly.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 08:06:40 PM

Hello, i dont want to pollute your thread with noob question Embarrassed

Finally i found  Embarrassed
My request to accept sgminer.exe on my firewall didnt work
---> Noob <---

i m very excited to used your log and make hours of seach to have the betest parameters ^^

PS/ do you have a link explain all paramaters i can do and the incidence of them
or maybe a link of conf made by others miners

PS/ do you have the command to stop miner if GPU is under 73° or up fan speed

thanks
Hi,
I don't have all these parameters for each mining software documented. I think you have to take a look at the readme-files for each mining software to figure out the details. I know this can be a bit complex, but unfortunately there are so many different mining software out there, and they are being developed all the time.

You can use the Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) to define that if GPU temperature is above a defined level, the miner should be stopped. More about rules:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/rules.aspx

Thanks mate
Where i can config priority of pool (0 1 2 3 ..) ?

AM can create config and bat file for solo mining ? or i must create manually

sry for noob question
You can create a Pool Group (Options dialog, Pools, change to tab: Pool Groups) where you add some pools and define priorities.
I don't know how to make a setup for solo mining - you need to find that information somewhere else.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 08:10:35 PM

For those using the Profit Switching feature in Awesome Miner, correct me if I'm wrong, but should we only use pools that payout via PPS (versus PPLNS) when doing profit-switching?

From what I gather, PPLNS rewards you in the longer-term (how long I don't know.. is it days, weeks?),  and that if you are mining on a PPLNS pool and you stop mining before a block is found you will gain much less payout. It seems for shorter bursts of mining on a pool PPS is better.

Can anyone provide some guidance on this please? It seems most pools gave a PPLNS system only.  Dwarfpool has a PPS payout .  For those of your using profit switching what you are using and how often do you have it configured to switch (I think we can adjust that time period so then it might make sense to increase the time it checks for more profitable coins.. but what is an appropriate time in the case of PPLNS?)
Awesome Miner doesn't take PPLNS / PPS into consideration for the switching feature. The default switching time is 30 minutes, simply because changing too often can give lower profitability. This setting can of course be changed, but I don't have an answer on what is the most optimal value to play well with the PPLNS.
Maybe someone else here in the thread have more experience in this area?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 08:14:56 PM

Its odd one of the 3 pools supported is Zpool and it still does not have Blake2s. My dashboard is not correct because of this.

Need Blake2S support
Can't get advanced API with my L3+
Half the coins are not loading
Blake2s can be added in next release. I already noticed your other reply above that the L3+ issues was resolved.
Was there any other issues on the dashboard than Blake2s missing?

Skien is not showing a price so there is not profit posted.
There are no Skein coins on whattomine or coinwarz, so the only source of information is zpool. Zpool Skein statistics and profit switcher support is implemented, but not yet released.

natminer

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:29:04 PM

For those using the Profit Switching feature in Awesome Miner, correct me if I'm wrong, but should we only use pools that payout via PPS (versus PPLNS) when doing profit-switching?

From what I gather, PPLNS rewards you in the longer-term (how long I don't know.. is it days, weeks?),  and that if you are mining on a PPLNS pool and you stop mining before a block is found you will gain much less payout. It seems for shorter bursts of mining on a pool PPS is better.

Can anyone provide some guidance on this please? It seems most pools gave a PPLNS system only.  Dwarfpool has a PPS payout .  For those of your using profit switching what you are using and how often do you have it configured to switch (I think we can adjust that time period so then it might make sense to increase the time it checks for more profitable coins.. but what is an appropriate time in the case of PPLNS?)
Awesome Miner doesn't take PPLNS / PPS into consideration for the switching feature. The default switching time is 30 minutes, simply because changing too often can give lower profitability. This setting can of course be changed, but I don't have an answer on what is the most optimal value to play well with the PPLNS.
Maybe someone else here in the thread have more experience in this area?

Thanks, yes hopefully someone can advise about this, I think switching every 30 minutes is too short if you're on a PPLNS pool, I don't know if the solution is to increase this (and to what, 24 hours?), or if the solution when using profit switching is to ONLY use PPS pools.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 08:39:52 PM

The next release will show hashrate of both coins in the miner list when using Claymore's Dual Ethereum miner.

If anyone can think of a better name than "Secondary:", please let me know.

martanFTM

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:06:58 AM

Beautifull piece of software, bought Enterprise edition and happy with it! ;-)

How to get rid of Intel IGPU from mass OC tool?
We have 36 rigs of Nvidia 1080 ti. 7x GPU / rig.
The last 8th GPU always shown in OC dialog is the iGPU, blocking the tool from OC all GPUs at once.
We have to manually deselect 8th GPU...like hold CTRL and click 36x.

Is there a way to hide it, or filter this from list? Would be huge time saver.

We dont want to disable iGPU from Windows, we use them for RDP access with dummy plugs. Otherwise we get black screen on RDP often and also RDP speed is very slow.
Just need to filter them from selection of your mass OC tool.
We dont see iGPUs in miners GPU details (GPU mapping), but probably MSI remote server is reporting them, along with GTX cards to OC tool.

Also tried to hide it form MSI afterburner, or MSI remote server...did not find any means for that.

Thank you
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:21:11 AM

Something else I've noticed is the watchdog will see that a miner has crashed (the exe isn't running) and start it again. I've also noticed if the miner crashed with a error window such as 'XYZ.exe has stopped working and needs to close' or something like that, AM wont detect that and it wont close the old miner as well as the window and start a new one. Not sure how easily you can identify this, but it's definitely needed to keep things running properly. The exes the miners are operating under don't always close if you're using a generic miner that has no API access.

I have noticed AM seems to convey information through the net so if your net connection goes down, all the rigs disconnect (although this might be a form of DRM). While it makes sense you wouldn't be mining offline (except for some really weird coins), you still need to manage your rigs in event of a internet disconnect, such as shutting down miners that don't stop mining when there is nothing to work on.

If your connection is sporadic enough it could be causing the rigs to show up offline. If this is DRM you could just make all the options available except starting the miner.
It's only when you enter your registration code the first time you are required to have an Internet connection. After that, the Internet connection is only used to get coin/profit statistics and information about new versions. There is no need for having an Internet connection for the monitoring to work - but as you point out, the Internet connection is of course important for the the actual mining software to connect to the pool.

In your scenario, did you verify that it was only the Internet connection itself that went down, and no other network issues either on or between Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent application? From an Awesome Miner point of view, this is just a simple TCP/IP connection, so as long as you can establish TCP/IP connections between the computers, it shouldn't be a problem.

Did you verify the connectivity with ping only, or did you verify if other applications on the computer running Awesome Miner where able to make connections to a remote computer where the Remote Agent is running?

No, it only happened once. I didn't have long to test things out, just after the net went down I noticed all services appeared offline in AM, even though they were online and mining. The rest of the network was still up. I'll keep track of this in the future to see if it's a bug or something.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
natminer

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:35:41 AM

Hi

I bump bensam1231's suggestion about having a way to identify a failed miner (not only if .exe stops running). 

I have a different question, about the ability to use the MSI Afterburner remote server.  How would you set it up for a scenario where if you mine for ETH it sets certain power/memory/core settings, but if you set your ZEC miner it sets a different set of power/memory/core settings.

Is that possible to do? I have very GPU different settings for ETH and ZEC.

(p.s - I really love the software so far, I purchased the Premium edition today and now I have email notifications and a web server Smiley

insaniak

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:10:36 AM

How can I remove miners in awesome miner?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 05:30:53 AM

Beautifull piece of software, bought Enterprise edition and happy with it! ;-)

How to get rid of Intel IGPU from mass OC tool?
We have 36 rigs of Nvidia 1080 ti. 7x GPU / rig.
The last 8th GPU always shown in OC dialog is the iGPU, blocking the tool from OC all GPUs at once.
We have to manually deselect 8th GPU...like hold CTRL and click 36x.

Is there a way to hide it, or filter this from list? Would be huge time saver.

We dont want to disable iGPU from Windows, we use them for RDP access with dummy plugs. Otherwise we get black screen on RDP often and also RDP speed is very slow.
Just need to filter them from selection of your mass OC tool.
We dont see iGPUs in miners GPU details (GPU mapping), but probably MSI remote server is reporting them, along with GTX cards to OC tool.

Also tried to hide it form MSI afterburner, or MSI remote server...did not find any means for that.

Thank you

Right now Awesome Miner will show all the GPU's provided by Afterburner. It sounds like I should implement some kind of filter feature for the GPU's like you suggest. I will take a look at that, it should be quite easy to address.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 05:36:37 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 05:53:10 AM by patrike

Something else I've noticed is the watchdog will see that a miner has crashed (the exe isn't running) and start it again. I've also noticed if the miner crashed with a error window such as 'XYZ.exe has stopped working and needs to close' or something like that, AM wont detect that and it wont close the old miner as well as the window and start a new one. Not sure how easily you can identify this, but it's definitely needed to keep things running properly. The exes the miners are operating under don't always close if you're using a generic miner that has no API access.
This is a Windows "feature" that isn't playing well together with crash detection, because the process is still running from an Awesome Miner point of view. As you pointed out, this is really only a problem with Generic Miners as there are no API's to detect lack of mining progress (hashrate, accepted shares, disconnected API, ...).

I will take a look and see if I can detect anything from Awesome Miner when a process is in this state.

While I do that, maybe you could try something like chaning the Registry on one of the Generic Miners, to disable the crash dialog:
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-program-has-stopped-working-error-dialog-in-windows-server-2008/
I'm not saying that you should do this manually on the entire farm right now - this could simply be a way for you to workaround to try while I'm investigating on my side. If I cannot find a another solution, I might as well automate this procedure to disable the error dialogs.

At some point in the future, Awesome Miner should also use a pool API (at least the most common API's) to figure out if the mining isn't progressing as it should.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 05:42:15 AM

Hi

I bump bensam1231's suggestion about having a way to identify a failed miner (not only if .exe stops running). 

I have a different question, about the ability to use the MSI Afterburner remote server.  How would you set it up for a scenario where if you mine for ETH it sets certain power/memory/core settings, but if you set your ZEC miner it sets a different set of power/memory/core settings.

Is that possible to do? I have very GPU different settings for ETH and ZEC.

(p.s - I really love the software so far, I purchased the Premium edition today and now I have email notifications and a web server Smiley
Hi,
The scenario that bensam1231 describes is when you use the Generic Miner concept in Awesome Miner, where there at no API's to detect any failures. For all other mining software, Awesome Miner uses the concept of Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) where you can define what action to take when you have low hashrate, no accepted shares and so on. In these cases you can define actions like notifications, restart mining process or rebooting the computer. More about rules:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/rules.aspx

You question on Afterburner is good, and I do understand the need of this scenario. I already have that one on my list of things to implement, because it makes perfect sense. Today you can still use the command line parameters to the Claymore miners for example, to do GPU clocking operations on start. However, this can get complex with command line parameters when you start using other mining software as well, and they all have different or no support for clocking. This is the reason why it makes sense to define "GPU Clock Profiles" in Awesome Miner in the future.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 05:42:39 AM

How can I remove miners in awesome miner?
In Options dialog, and then either the External Miners or Managed Miners section.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:12:58 AM

This is a Windows "feature" that isn't playing well together with crash detection, because the process is still running from an Awesome Miner point of view. As you pointed out, this is really only a problem with Generic Miners as there are no API's to detect lack of mining progress (hashrate, accepted shares, disconnected API, ...).

I will take a look and see if I can detect anything from Awesome Miner when a process is in this state.

While I do that, maybe you could try something like chaning the Registry on one of the Generic Miners, to disable the crash dialog:
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-program-has-stopped-working-error-dialog-in-windows-server-2008/
I'm not saying that you should do this manually on the entire farm right now - this could simply be a way for you to workaround to try while I'm investigating on my side. If I cannot find a another solution, I might as well automate this procedure to disable the error dialogs.

At some point in the future, Awesome Miner should also use a pool API (at least the most common API's) to figure out if the mining isn't progressing as it should.

Yup, I understand there are workarounds.

Another way you could detect it, but not sure how much coding it would take is if the miner window freezes, such as there isn't any output on the running window for X number of seconds. While you don't need to know what's happening in the miner or what any of it means, if it stops refreshing or the window stops advancing it's safe to say after a minute or two the miner froze. Could be another way of looking at things if you aren't after the dialogue box that pops up.

Interesting idea regarding the pool API, some of the custom miners I use don't do anything like that (there isn't a pool stratum standard) or if I'm mining solo on a wallet it also doesn't communicate properly with anything other then the cryptic wallet it's designed to run with. Good idea though, especially if AM can eventually deploy a stratum proxy.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:18:19 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 11:37:22 AM by toptek

From patrike

Hi,

On your Claymore ZEC miner for AMD, you should first of all move down the nVidia card to the last position - then it will not be used in the GPU tab with your 4 active cards.

Map to System Monitoring should in your case show all 5 cards. Then you need to use the up/down buttons to define the order of them.

and it does

did that or the GTX 1060 is last on the list .and set as the last device on the list and i made sure by plugging it in on the MB as the last  device to load or as the last device or device four in a five card Rig . .

did that and it shows it as the first AMD card RX 470 and the other things it does is kill the GTX 1060 over time or shows it dead then stops hashing . but works fine if I use it with CM's ETH miner no stopping shows it prefect etc because the ETH Miner by CM supports both cards AMD and NV ..CM zec miners doesn't sadly with no plans on adding support for NV cards, i asked Sad...... and no AMD card selling or out of stock for who  knows how long is bad, plus the new NV miner only cards Due out the June 23rd,  some one told me from China or lives goes to China ,those cards may not be sold in the US at all ..and we all know why on that one, i won't go there on, just follow the news ...you can't miss why in the head lines every day ...

but I'll try your above advice again to make sure i did like you said Smiley  i may have missed a step and thought i did it that way .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
natminer

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:43:47 AM

[/quote]
You question on Afterburner is good, and I do understand the need of this scenario. I already have that one on my list of things to implement, because it makes perfect sense. Today you can still use the command line parameters to the Claymore miners for example, to do GPU clocking operations on start. However, this can get complex with command line parameters when you start using other mining software as well, and they all have different or no support for clocking. This is the reason why it makes sense to define "GPU Clock Profiles" in Awesome Miner in the future.
[/quote]

Another idea maybe for now, I haven't tried it and maybe if anyone is doing this they can post their ideas too, but I think there is a command line tool for NVidia cards... so maybe we can create a batch file with the commands for that tool to set the cards to our prefered mem/core/power settings,  and link that .bat file to the particular mining profile as a .bat to run before starting the miner?  Would this work?

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: