Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64  (Read 834123 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:55:01 PM

I'm use to using MinePeon with bfgminer on my rPi but I wanted to repurpose my Pi as a retro gaming system. That being said, I installed 3.10.8 on a laptop with Vista. Got it loaded and running fine, entered pool info but here's where I'm a bit lost as I haven't had to do this for some time.

I connected a hub to the laptop, plugged in two of the 1.95 Gh/s Bitmain sticks and am getting a driver error or w/e you wana call it.

cp210x usb to uart bridge controller

I thought BFG was supposed to come with all the required drivers as when I use MinePeon on my Pi I have no driver issues but go to use it on a real system like my laptop and voila, driver problems.

Anyone able to help me out ? Please be as detailed as possible, Ty.
Windows installs need the SiliconLabs driver installed. Make certain you have removed and deleted Zadig drivers if they are present on the computer.
Can you link me please ? As for existing drivers, that won't be an issue as this laptops never really been used for any BTC stuff before.

FWIW, the zadig is for the 333Mh sticks right ? That being said, what if someone had those and the 1.9 sticks that I have wanting to run both at the same time using a hub like you can with MinePeon, would this be an issue on a windows system I assume since you said to remove those drivers if present.

Ty.
The Zadig drivers are necessary for CGMiner. http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:43:26 PM

I'm use to using MinePeon with bfgminer on my rPi but I wanted to repurpose my Pi as a retro gaming system. That being said, I installed 3.10.8 on a laptop with Vista. Got it loaded and running fine, entered pool info but here's where I'm a bit lost as I haven't had to do this for some time.

I connected a hub to the laptop, plugged in two of the 1.95 Gh/s Bitmain sticks and am getting a driver error or w/e you wana call it.

I thought BFG was supposed to come with all the required drivers as when I use MinePeon on my Pi I have no driver issues but go to use it on a real system like my laptop and voila, driver problems.

Windows installs need the SiliconLabs driver installed. Make certain you have removed and deleted Zadig drivers if they are present on the computer.
Can you link me please ? As for existing drivers, that won't be an issue as this laptops never really been used for any BTC stuff before.

FWIW, the zadig is for the 333Mh sticks right ? That being said, what if someone had those and the 1.9 sticks that I have wanting to run both at the same time using a hub like you can with MinePeon, would this be an issue on a windows system I assume since you said to remove those drivers if present.

Ty.
The Zadig drivers are necessary for CGMiner. http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx
Thx.

So I DL'd the windows package since the laptop has Vista on it, install ran fine, did a restart for good measure. Plugged in the hub & turned it on, booted BFGMiner. So far so good, well, I went and plugged in one of the three 1.95Gh BMT sticks I have and it doesn't seem to be detecting it. Did the whole all / auto thing for searching for devices and nothing came up. I did however get an "error" or something when I did option "all". Looks like it might have mentioned the hub or something. Will have to try and get the exact "error" to post here later.

In the meantime, this (linked below) is the hub I have which works fine on the rPi with MinePeon and has no detection issues for deivces even if I hot swap by yanking and inserting them to move em around or w/e.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bitcoin-mining-20-port-USB-2-0-HUB-Industrial-grade-Bitcoin-HUB-/231413053952?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item35e14afa00

To be decided...
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 03:39:13 PM

Ty.
Thx.

So I DL'd the windows package since the laptop has Vista on it, install ran fine, did a restart for good measure. Plugged in the hub & turned it on, booted BFGMiner. So far so good, well, I went and plugged in one of the three 1.95Gh BMT sticks I have and it doesn't seem to be detecting it. Did the whole all / auto thing for searching for devices and nothing came up. I did however get an "error" or something when I did option "all". Looks like it might have mentioned the hub or something. Will have to try and get the exact "error" to post here later.

If you had already used Zadig to install drivers, you may first need to uninstall those drivers in the Windows Control Panel, choosing the option (it's a checkbox on the dialog) to delete the driver. Then install the proper set of drivers for BFGMiner (linked before from silabs).

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:48:11 PM

Plug in the miner and verify the driver is installed before opening bfgminer. Its normal to not find AMU without the -S antminer:all, personally I would verify that things work first before adding overclock arguments. If you think its the hub, look under device manager, most hubs use 5 or 7 channel IC's. The 20 port would look like 5 hubs were installed. If Windows fails to install the hub right, usually you just need to leave it plugged in and restart Windows a time or three, once its good your hub is usually recognized without issue from then on. Don't try to hotplug U2's while bfgminer is running, it just doesn't usually work well.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:20:29 PM

Ty.
Thx.

If you had already used Zadig to install drivers, you may first need to uninstall those drivers in the Windows Control Panel, choosing the option (it's a checkbox on the dialog) to delete the driver. Then install the proper set of drivers for BFGMiner (linked before from silabs).
That's just it, the first time I did the install with the linked drivers was after the windows installer failed to locate anything.

Anyway, I have yet to sleep so I'm gonna go do that and get back to this later but like I said, I did the install with the windows package from the link you posted and nothing seemed to work even after reboot so open to thoughts.

Thx again and now I'm off to get some sleep before I pass out or some S.

To be decided...
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:05:21 PM

From README:

dracolumina

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:28:17 PM

I have looked and I cannot find it.  I am using bfgminer to solo mine my coins wallet.  BUT I don't want it to declare sick after 60 seconds, is there any way that I can disable that ?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 02:32:38 PM

I have looked and I cannot find it.  I am using bfgminer to solo mine my coins wallet.  BUT I don't want it to declare sick after 60 seconds, is there any way that I can disable that ?

Your miner? Underclocking it may make it stable. Smiley

~~MZ~~

dracolumina

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:38:07 PM

that isn't the problem.  the problem is if BFG does not detect "shares" being accepted it throws up an idle error after 60 seconds.  It found a block last night (its my own coin and I am trying to get the blockchain moving again) but it always wants to restart because of the idle.  I am wanting to turn that feature off
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 02:41:09 PM

that isn't the problem.  the problem is if BFG does not detect "shares" being accepted it throws up an idle error after 60 seconds.  It found a block last night (its my own coin and I am trying to get the blockchain moving again) but it always wants to restart because of the idle.  I am wanting to turn that feature off

Your miner configuration please? Please post it here.

~~MZ~~

dracolumina

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:43:11 PM

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://localhost:3333/",
"user" : "draco",
"pass" : "x",
"pool-priority" : "0"
},
{
"url" : "http://127.0.0.1:3333",
"pool-priority" : "1"
}
]
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"failover-switch-delay" : "300",
"log" : "20",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-unicode" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"quiet-work-updates" : true,
"quiet-work-update" : true,
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"submit-stale" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : 0,
"rotate" : "1",
"kernel-path" : "C:\\Program Files\\BFGMiner\\/share/bfgminer",
"scan" : [
"noauto",
"zeusminer:\\\\.\\COM3"
],
"device" : [
"zeusminer@\\\\.\\COM3"
]
}

The miner connects to the wallet and says the pool is alive
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 02:55:49 PM

Code:
{
{
},
{
}
]
"expiry" : "120",
"scan-time" : "60",
"noauto",
],
"zeusminer@\\\\.\\COM3"
]
}

The miner connects to the wallet and says the pool is alive

Try

Code:
{
{
},
{
}
]
"expiry" : "300",
"scan-time" : "300",
"noauto",
],
"zeusminer@\\\\.\\COM3"
]
}

~~MZ~~

dracolumina

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:04:39 PM

still throws up an error Idle for more than 60 seconds, declaring SICK
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

the problem is if BFG does not detect "shares" being accepted it throws up an idle error after 60 seconds.
No, it doesn't. That error means the device has stopped responding entirely.

dracolumina

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:08:30 PM

well, no clue then lol.  When I connect to westhash I have no issues out of it.  using the same settings to connect to local wallet I get the errors so that is what I thought it was.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 03:13:51 PM

well, no clue then lol.  When I connect to westhash I have no issues out of it.  using the same settings to connect to local wallet I get the errors so that is what I thought it was.

Try removing first pool from the config file.

~~MZ~~

dracolumina

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:18:30 PM

no suitable long-poll found for pool

60 seconds later declared sick (after taking the first pool out)

Turned longpoll off.  Still going sick

Code:
server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=draco
rpcpassword=x
addnode=54.194.99.126
daemon=1
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=3333
addnode=192.168.1.116
addnode=192.99.111.227
addnode=198.50.151.86
addnode=5.196.226.54
addnode=5.196.29.188

is my wallet setup
AJinNYC

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bored with you morons.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:20:48 PM

What's the proper syntax for BFGMiner to clock a GridSeed five blade up to the correct speed? It should be set to 800 if I'm not mistaken to get 340KH/s. I'm only getting about 200KH/s so I'm assuming it defaults to a 600 setting?

Done with this forum. Goodbye all.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 10:28:59 PM

What's the proper syntax for BFGMiner to clock a GridSeed five blade up to the correct speed? It should be set to 800 if I'm not mistaken to get 340KH/s. I'm only getting about 200KH/s so I'm assuming it defaults to a 600 setting?

Code:
--set gsd:clock=800

I use 835 myself.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
giannigdev

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:15:49 AM

could someone tell me if the parameter HW which stay always in the same condition (HW: 0/none) is a symptom that my gridseed have some hardware problems or is it just a settings/software error?  Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: