Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:31:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64  (Read 834075 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:57:04 AM

After seeing code it seem for two pool servers, by using following for one pool server will be as:

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool1:port -u worker -p password -S noauto -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=835

Above code can uses two blades correct?

In term of per device, it comes with two blade each.

How many devices (with two blades each) can bfgminer can recognize?
I know cgminer ver 3.72.. can recognize 20 devices but many members has problem for that miner to recognize as much!

I am looking forward in getting gridseed 80 chip to mine scrypt coins!
Does version 5.2.0 (windows version built) support this if not then which version?

Reading description of Bfgminer, I am not sure if SCRYPT need being specified in software in order using gridseed!
Would great in knowing settings such in *.bat file
- enable scrypt support
- stratum plus other setting leading server, users.worker and password
- other setting that would recognize two blade of gridseed device

Run this in Command Prompt. You need to first open BFGMiner directory before running this or you should specify the path(eg:- D:\Bitcoin\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe <remaining parameters>).

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool1:port -u worker -p password -o stratum+tcp://pool2:port -u worker -p password -S noauto -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=835
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:23:50 AM

NEW VERSION 5.3.0, SEPTEMBER 5 2015

Human readable changelog:
  • compac: Support for the GekkoScience Compac BM1384 USB stick miner

Full changelog:
  • README.ASIC: Compac docs
  • antminer: Explicit support for GekkoScience's Compac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner
  • icarus: Use all null padding when probing work division (BM1384 reacts strangely - using part as start nonce?)
  • antminer: Match Product strings including "Antminer"
  • Bugfix: icarus: Never set timeout to 0, since it disables the timeout altogether

splat44

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:08:43 PM

Hi Luke,

I am interested in mining on raspberry PI 2 with latest version of bfgminer.

I read readme and I unsure to the dependencies that I need to built miner as shown on bellow to enable scrypt and gridseed asic 80 chip!

I left some other commands out in below code to build miner as I am not sure what need entered after dependencies installed.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
cd bfgminer

Can you help by providing complete codes?
I assume everything is completed, bfgminer will disable CPU and radeon GPU?

Well, I know enough how log in PI 2 at least!
.anto.

Activity: 179
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:06:26 PM

Hi Luke,

I read readme and I unsure to the dependencies that I need to built miner as shown on bellow to enable scrypt and gridseed asic 80 chip!

I left some other commands out in below code to build miner as I am not sure what need entered after dependencies installed.

Code:
cd bfgminer

I assume that you are not familiar with cross-compiling process. So I would suggest to natively compile BFGMiner on Raspberry PI itself, but you must be patient as it will take a long time. I am not sure how long as I have never compiled BFGMiner on Raspberry Pi. If you would like to try that, you practically can just use dpkg-buildpackage to do that as if you would do that on Debian based PC, because the debian build files for BFGMiner are already being provided on the github repository, i.e. everything under debian directory.

.anto.

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:26:07 PM

I forgot to give an update.

I have just compiled BFGMiner 5.3.0 for OpenWRT 14.07 and it looks there is no issue. I used the source from github repository up to commit 484db74. Perhaps because of that the version on the UI is shown as 5.3.0-unknown.

It is just running for about 30 minutes. I feel like version 5.3.0 is not as responsive as version 5.2.0 from the way it updates the hash rates. The name of the devices of my Antminer U3 have now changed to CBM where previously they were shown as AMU on version 5.2.0.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:17:43 PM

It is just running for about 30 minutes. I feel like version 5.3.0 is not as responsive as version 5.2.0 from the way it updates the hash rates. The name of the devices of my Antminer U3 have now changed to CBM where previously they were shown as AMU on version 5.2.0.
Eek, that's a bug. Sad

Not a major bug, though. I'll fix it whenever the next version happens to be.

pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 08:20:18 PM

NEW VERSION 5.3.0, SEPTEMBER 5 2015

Human readable changelog:
  • compac: Support for the GekkoScience Compac BM1384 USB stick miner

Full changelog:
  • README.ASIC: Compac docs
  • antminer: Explicit support for GekkoScience's Compac BM1384 Bitcoin Miner
  • icarus: Use all null padding when probing work division (BM1384 reacts strangely - using part as start nonce?)
  • antminer: Match Product strings including "Antminer"
  • Bugfix: icarus: Never set timeout to 0, since it disables the timeout altogether

Now that you got the BM1384 covered, any chance for other antminer support in openwrt?

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 09:00:22 PM

Now that you got the BM1384 covered, any chance for other antminer support in openwrt?
Unfortunately, it's not that simple.
All the Antminer S* (only ones unsupported yet?) have a FPGA in between the chips and software.
I'll see if I can throw together something working based on the cgminer driver in the meantime, until I get time to do a proper reverse-engineering job of the interfaces.

pekatete

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 09:16:20 PM

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.
All the Antminer S* (only ones unsupported yet?) have a FPGA in between the chips and software.
I'll see if I can throw together something working based on the cgminer driver in the meantime, until I get time to do a proper reverse-engineering job of the interfaces.
Yes they do have a chip between them .... and the latter miners with beaglebones' are not openwrt either .... but I suppose that'd make a start (and you'll get feedback) for a sturdier bfgminer driver in the long run.

.anto.

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 09:36:25 PM

Eek, that's a bug. Sad

Not a major bug, though. I'll fix it whenever the next version happens to be.

Ah..ha?!?!? Which one? The name changed to CBM?

I have decided to always use the HEAD of your github repository so that I don't need to always update the Makefile of BFGMiner package on my OpenWRT build directory. So you can actually commit the fix any time without waiting for the next major version.
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:28:41 AM

Hi i am trying to install the latest bfgminer via homebrew on OSX but i keep getting a SHA1 mismatch once i download the package how do i fix this?

splat44

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:28:13 AM

Ok, I think I will try mining on two system using two gridseed device, one of them is windows and other is raspberry PI 2

You're right I am not familiar with cross-compiling process and for using dpkg-buildpackage and the all dependencies require is still unclear even read that!

I would rather focus on Windows built.
Does window build disable radeon GPU?

If not then how to disable that using following:
Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool1:port -u worker -p password -S noauto -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=835

About the gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=835 from above code, includes 40 chip blade?
I read from other source bfgminer doesn't support that.

If there other setting within gridseed setting to enable 40 chip, will be great in knowing!

Hi Luke,

Code:
cd bfgminer

I assume that you are not familiar with cross-compiling process. So I would suggest to natively compile BFGMiner on Raspberry PI itself, but you must be patient as it will take a long time. I am not sure how long as I have never compiled BFGMiner on Raspberry Pi. If you would like to try that, you practically can just use dpkg-buildpackage to do that as if you would do that on Debian based PC, because the debian build files for BFGMiner are already being provided on the github repository, i.e. everything under debian directory.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 11:26:06 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 11:44:53 AM by toptek

Once again ty  

LUKE

i have it complied and working inside minera as my main miner for my G black and Zeus miners and seems even more stable now.

but yea how about that S5 support, ofc, when you get time  Smiley .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 11:34:04 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 12:14:06 PM by toptek

Hi Luke,

Code:
cd bfgminer

when you compile it with --enable-scrypt it should give you all the driver and packages you need . there was a bug a while back that didn't down load all the right packages you had do some of them manually but that seems to be fixed or was .

here is a kind of detailed post i made on the minera thread some one wanted to know how to compile BFG , I'm sure there is a few things you can leave out etc, but it may help .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.msg12033743#msg12033743

I'm using it inside minera right now at bfg 5.3 Smiley . with my gblack which has 5 blades with two boards per blade/heat sink and the above command line some one gave should work.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
korminer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:01:48 PM

Firstly thanks Luke for the great software.

@splat44, I first tried this on my Rpi B, which I don't think it can handle it kept messing up the queue, but Rpi2 maybe man enough. Also with the dependencies if you look on the github page he lists the following:

Code:
build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev hidapi

All of which should be OK from the repository (so "sudo aptitude install ..."). Except I had to remove the last dependencies (hiapi).

@Luke, what is this dependency I couldn't get (hiapi). By the name I'm guesing this is the API which I would be interested in maybe using. Is there something wrong with this or can I just grab it from somewhere else?

Thanks
.anto.

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:04:44 PM

You're right I am not familiar with cross-compiling process and for using dpkg-buildpackage and the all dependencies require is still unclear even read that!

The method using dpkg-buildpackage is the prefer method to build the package (duh!) in Debian and its derivatives. If you are not familiar with that as well and you still want to try it, you can natively compile BFGminer source from github on Raspberry Pi using the provided build scripts. Someone has actually already done that for gridseed device and explained what he/she had done on this topic. Good luck!
pekatete

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 04:14:37 PM

..... what is this dependency I couldn't get (hiapi). By the name I'm guesing this is the API which I would be interested in maybe using. Is there something wrong with this or can I just grab it from somewhere else?

I thnk that will be hidapi

splat44

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 06:16:30 PM

Ok, now it makes sense!

I just need few classifications, I repost those code just preventing you going back and forth!

code 1:
// update and install requires
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev
sudo apt-get install libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev

code 2:
Code:
// build miner
git clone -b feature/gridseed-support https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer
cd bfgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
sudo nano bfgminer.conf

code 3 and code 4 is undertood, few questions needed being answered to 2nd code though!
1) git from code can be replaced with https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer ?
2) is CFLAGS="-O3 is needed why or why not?
3) --enable-gridseed that include those of 40 chips blade correct?
If not then what?
4) If I don't want gpu support then no action is needed in code right?

code 3:
Code:
// make the bfgminer.conf file
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "name" : "MyPool1",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://mypool.url.com:3333",
                "user" : "myworker",
                "pass" : "x",
                "pool-priority" : "0"
        }
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.1/24",
"api-listen" : true
}

code 3:
Code:
// make the bfgminer.conf file
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "name" : "MyPool1",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://mypool.url.com:3333",
                "user" : "myworker",
                "pass" : "x",
                "pool-priority" : "0"
        }
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.1/24",
"api-listen" : true
}

Does "api-allows" is my router IP or my rpi device ip?

code 4
Code:
// make the bfgminer.conf file.
sudo ./bfgminer -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=850 --failover-only --scrypt -c bfgminer.conf

If 3 question is yes then we execute last code as it is!

Thanks for pointing out in the right it sure saves lots of time! LOL!

The method using dpkg-buildpackage is the prefer method to build the package (duh!) in Debian and its derivatives. If you are not familiar with that as well and you still want to try it, you can natively compile BFGminer source from github on Raspberry Pi using the provided build scripts. Someone has actually already done that for gridseed device and explained what he/she had done on this topic. Good luck!
pekatete

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 08:13:09 PM

Nope, those are the IP's of the machines that can access the API; the first (127.0.0.1) is for the machine that bfgminer is running on, i.e if an rPi, then you can query the bfgminer API in an SSH window on the rPi and the second (i.e  the 192.168.1/24) is for, e.g your computer, more pertinently the network, where you'd want to access the bfgminer API from.

splat44

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:46:28 PM

Ah, so the first should change with rpi ip correct?

Nope, those are the IP's of the machines that can access the API; the first (127.0.0.1) is for the machine that bfgminer is running on, i.e if an rPi, then you can query the bfgminer API in an SSH window on the rPi and the second (i.e  the 192.168.1/24) is for, e.g your computer, more pertinently the network, where you'd want to access the bfgminer API from.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: