Bitcoin Forum
March 24, 2017, 02:27:00 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.4.2: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Antminer S1-S5, solo stratum  (Read 539329 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2128

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 02:53:32 AM

"blktmpl error: Unrecognized block version, and not allowed to reduce or force it"

when trying to mine to a bitcoin classic node. Will this require an updated version of libblkmaker? looking at bitcoin-cli getblocktemplate I see
I don't support altcoins. When/if Classic actually proposes a hardfork (no such proposal has been made yet) and it achieves consensus to replace Bitcoin (from the entire community, not merely some niche with an agenda), I will add support at that time.

(Also, people who support a reckless hardfork without consensus, ought to seriously consider whether they think the project can actually survive without any competent developers involved...)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WBF1

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:55:44 AM

"blktmpl error: Unrecognized block version, and not allowed to reduce or force it"

when trying to mine to a bitcoin classic node. Will this require an updated version of libblkmaker? looking at bitcoin-cli getblocktemplate I see
I don't support altcoins. When/if Classic actually proposes a hardfork (no such proposal has been made yet) and it achieves consensus to replace Bitcoin (from the entire community, not merely some niche with an agenda), I will add support at that time.

(Also, people who support a reckless hardfork without consensus, ought to seriously consider whether they think the project can actually survive without any competent developers involved...)

I figured your reply would be something like that. I wont be a jerk and ask why scrypt asics are supported if you dont support altcoins.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:07:25 AM

I figured your reply would be something like that. I wont be a jerk and ask why scrypt asics are supported if you dont support altcoins.
I don't maintain the scrypt support, and certainly don't provide [unpaid] support if someone has problems with some scrypt altcoin. Smiley

WBF1

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:24:56 PM

I don't maintain the scrypt support, and certainly don't provide [unpaid] support if someone has problems with some scrypt altcoin. Smiley

So if someone else submits a PR that allows bfgminer to work with a bitcoin classic node, you'll merge it? (That is, if someone else "maintains" the bitcoin classic support)?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 06:41:23 PM

So if someone else submits a PR that allows bfgminer to work with a bitcoin classic node, you'll merge it? (That is, if someone else "maintains" the bitcoin classic support)?
If it isn't Classic-specific (ie, generalised), doesn't affect libblkmaker itself, and doesn't degrade Bitcoin support in any way.

But a more practical way would be to have Classic's bitcoind simply set sizelimit to 2 MB and use the version/force mutation in BIP 23.
I think that would result in something that actually works with unmodified BFGMiner/libblkmaker.

spectre73

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:06:04 AM

I am trying to downclock my 700gh monarch that is shutting down my psu at only 65c with the V5X command and it does not seem to get through,the card stills shutdown and does not downclock.I tried with 4.2.0 (bfl version) and 5.4.1 and with 2 different Lepa 1200w psu's

Should I see a confirmation in the bfgminer window when sending this command ?

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:52:57 PM

im trying to cross compile this with openwrt and i get this

/toolchain-mips_34kc_gcc-4.8-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/bin/../lib/gcc/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.8.3/../../../../mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: cannot find -lbase58

make menuconfig doesnt list libbase58-dev as anything i can install.

any ideas?

edit nevermind i just used --without-system-libbase58 and it worked.. guess i didnt need it..
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 05:15:35 PM

im trying to cross compile this with openwrt and i get this

/toolchain-mips_34kc_gcc-4.8-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/bin/../lib/gcc/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.8.3/../../../../mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: cannot find -lbase58

make menuconfig doesnt list libbase58-dev as anything i can install.

any ideas?

edit nevermind i just used --without-system-libbase58 and it worked.. guess i didnt need it..

The openwrt directory has an OpenWrt package Makefile FWIW.

Wutti

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Just fyi...

But i spent a good number of hours building bfgminer for a readynas duo nas. It runs on a sparc cpu with debian sarge (old old distro)

Havent tried any miners yet but cpu mining yields a whopping 20khash wooooo
kilo17

Activity: 784

aka "whocares"

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:16:57 AM

I do not want to redirect this thread but was wondering if there is a working .img file for Minepeon with Bfgminer 5.4.1?  Either Beaglebone/Rpi or both.

I am not overly familiar with Minepeon but like the interface.  I am needing it for a project we have going and really do not care for the "other" miner for a number of reasons.  

Being Catholic, an acronym like "St. Barbara's Faithfully Glorified Mining Initiative Naturally Exceeding Rivals" just calls for me to support it.  Wink

So I am offering 0.15 BTC to the person that can make the image for me and another 0.15 BTC will be donated to the Luke-Jr addy for his hard work and great software.  

Thanks in advance...

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:26:02 AM

I do not want to redirect this thread but was wondering if there is a working .img file for Minepeon with Bfgminer 5.4.1?  Either Beaglebone/Rpi or both.

I am not overly familiar with Minepeon but like the interface.  I am needing it for a project we have going and really do not care for the "other" miner for a number of reasons.  

Being Catholic, an acronym like "St. Barbara's Faithfully Glorified Mining Initiative Naturally Exceeding Rivals" just calls for me to support it.  Wink

So I am offering 0.15 BTC to the person that can make the image for me and another 0.15 BTC will be donated to the Luke-Jr addy for his hard work and great software.  

Thanks in advance...

isnt this something you can compile straight on the rpi?
kilo17

Activity: 784

aka "whocares"

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:17:48 AM

Thanks in advance...

isnt this something you can compile straight on the rpi?

Thanks for the help by PM.  I am going to make better notes on exactly what I am needing and will post at another time.  Thanks

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
t309
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:02:24 PM

do bfgminer support x6500 fpga VNL (blake256) mining?

Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:55:49 PM

do bfgminer support x6500 fpga VNL (blake256) mining?
X6500 is supported, but only for SHA256d.

lopsel

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:25:56 PM

Just fyi...

But i spent a good number of hours building bfgminer for a readynas duo nas. It runs on a sparc cpu with debian sarge (old old distro)

hi wutti, even after hours of trying to get bfgminer to cpu mine on my raspberry pi 2, I did not succed. could you please tell me how to activate cpu mining with bfgminer on a rpi 2?
toptek

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:05:51 PM

Just fyi...

hi wutti, even after hours of trying to get bfgminer to cpu mine on my raspberry pi 2, I did not succed. could you please tell me how to activate cpu mining with bfgminer on a rpi 2?

I don't think bfg lets you cpu mine anymore might want to use this https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cpu and cpu mining why ?.
lopsel

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:58:05 AM

Just fyi...

I don't think bfg lets you cpu mine anymore might want to use this https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cpu and cpu mining why ?.

thanks toptek. i just wanted to cpu mine with my rpi out of curiousity and so as to learn a little bit about mining...
Mikestang

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:52:02 PM

If you wanted to learn about computers would you study an Amiga from the 1980s?  No, of course not.

So if you want to learn about bitcoin mining why on earth would you try to cpu mine?  No one supports cpu bitcoin mining anymore because tech has progressed way way way beyond that.  Nothing you might learn there would be applicable to the world of asic mining.

Get a Gekko compac stick or buy a used S3, they're easy to use, cheap, and you can actually learn something useful from them.
tolazy

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:43:59 PM

Hi.

is there a working src/gz attitude_adjustment http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx

and is bfgminer working on antminer s1 and s3 ?

Collected errors:
 * opkg_download: Failed to download http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
toptek

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:32:01 PM

Hi.

is there a working src/gz attitude_adjustment http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx

and is bfgminer working on antminer s1 and s3 ?

Collected errors:
 * opkg_download: Failed to download http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

i did have it on S1 S3 and S5 the only one i could get it to hash on was a S5 . for S1 and S3 it worked but wouldn't hash even posted a few pages back asking what might be wrong no one seemed to care, so i gave up.

even had the right openwrt links set up right in the opkg.conf file . you have to go to the open WRT site and find the old links to attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz, they have sense been archived sense they kind of are no longer supported .

i wanted to at least get it working on a s1 and s3 but didn't happen for me,and the problem with S5 it works great seems to work better then the cgminer version bitmain hacked in but after a reboot it's gone Sad:. bitmain  set it up that way, sigh.

GL,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.