Bitcoin Forum
January 16, 2017, 03:13:22 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.4.2: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Antminer S1-S5, solo stratum  (Read 500700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 946

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:06:51 PM

the S3 is set something like this to join the proxy ?.

stratum+tcp://your miner ip :3333  port most be 3333 for the proxy for stratum+tcp to work right . other wise don't know .

why not use a PI as the proxy they don't cost much and hell of a lot easier to set up as a proxy sever even with bfg .

or get one of these

for the wallets

https://bitseed.org/product/pre-order-bitseed-v2/

and

xyzzy099 is right that's old school way for asicminer blades

If I change the port to 3333 it just crashes bfgminer and it happens fast enough I can't catch the error. I am not exactly a novice at mining and have done plenty of solo with gpu and usb stuff. This network device setup has me beaten.

Just add '2>logfilename' to the end of the command line you start BFGMiner with.  That will save the output to 'logfilename' so you can read it at your leisure.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
epichaberdasher

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:08:16 PM

So can somebody let me know how to install the latest version of BFGminer on Ubuntu ? I can only get 5.2.0 to install.
clarkjhaley13

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:22:23 PM

the S3 is set something like this to join the proxy ?.

stratum+tcp://your miner ip :3333  port most be 3333 for the proxy for stratum+tcp to work right . other wise don't know .

why not use a PI as the proxy they don't cost much and hell of a lot easier to set up as a proxy sever even with bfg .

or get one of these

for the wallets

https://bitseed.org/product/pre-order-bitseed-v2/

and

xyzzy099 is right that's old school way for asicminer blades

well the log thing didn't work but I did a conf write and it is as :

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "http://127.0.0.1:12832",
      "user" : "clark",
      "pass" : "forfun64",
      "pool-priority" : "0"
   }
]
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"failover-switch-delay" : "300",
"log" : "20",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-unicode" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"quiet-work-updates" : true,
"quiet-work-update" : true,
"scan-time" : "60",
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"submit-stale" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : 0,
"kernel-path" : "C:\\Program Files\\BFGMiner\\/share/bfgminer",
"http-port" : 8330
}

If I change the port to 3333 it just crashes bfgminer and it happens fast enough I can't catch the error. I am not exactly a novice at mining and have done plenty of solo with gpu and usb stuff. This network device setup has me beaten.

Just add '2>logfilename' to the end of the command line you start BFGMiner with.  That will save the output to 'logfilename' so you can read it at your leisure.

clarkjhaley13

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:35:13 PM

Well I am just gonna do regular mining and declare mining solo with network gear as something only the bitcoin gods are capable of. I have months of research and work time trying to get this going and haven't ever managed it.
Fortunately I run my miners in place of the baseboard heaters here so my goals ar accomplished so far. Not paying for heat you might say.

I appreciate the words offered here but none of it works for me.

Later.
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:54:49 PM

Well I am just gonna do regular mining and declare mining solo with network gear as something only the bitcoin gods are capable of. I have months of research and work time trying to get this going and haven't ever managed it.
Fortunately I run my miners in place of the baseboard heaters here so my goals ar accomplished so far. Not paying for heat you might say.

Later.

I will throw out one more long-shot possibility why you might be crashing when trying to use the stratum proxy...  That support requires libevent - and if you compiled BFGMiner on a machine that does not have that library present, the support will not be built.  I wouldn't expect it to crash, but it's possible.

clarkjhaley13

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:09:31 PM

Later.

I will throw out one more long-shot possibility why you might be crashing when trying to use the stratum proxy...  That support requires libevent - and if you compiled BFGMiner on a machine that does not have that library present, the support will not be built.  I wouldn't expect it to crash, but it's possible.

I am running it on a windows computer. I did not compile it I downloaded the binary.
clarkjhaley13

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:11:55 PM

Later.

I am running it on a windows computer. I did not compile it I downloaded the binary.

Just looked and it has libevent-2-0-5.dll included in that.
mannyg

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 05:57:22 PM

Been going back in and out of trying to figure this out for about 2 days now..

--stratum-port just flat out doesnt work for me.

I can start bfgminer with the setting and port, but i just get the SSM: no 2d upstream error continuously scrolling.  I can telnet to the stratum port and submit commands which do show up in the miners monitor screen, but the Antminers dont see it as a stratum pool that is alive.

I can probably avoid having to do this all together if I could get BFGminer working on the OpenWRT of the Antminer S1
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 06:09:21 PM

I can start bfgminer with the setting and port, but i just get the SSM: no 2d upstream error continuously scrolling.  I can telnet to the stratum port and submit commands which do show up in the miners monitor screen, but the Antminers dont see it as a stratum pool that is alive.

I can probably avoid having to do this all together if I could get BFGminer working on the OpenWRT of the Antminer S1

I tried solo-mining by running BFGMiner on the Beaglebone Black of a KNC Jupiter once, and the GBT protocol ate all the processor and wanted a lot more.

I don't know what embedded h/w the Antminers use, but it probably doesn't have the horsepower to run GBT.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:28:12 PM

That error means your pools can't be proxied. Try using another pool.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:28:34 PM

I tried solo-mining by running BFGMiner on the Beaglebone Black of a KNC Jupiter once, and the GBT protocol ate all the processor and wanted a lot more.

I don't know what embedded h/w the Antminers use, but it probably doesn't have the horsepower to run GBT.

Must have been a long time ago? GBT should perform as well as stratum now.

xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:37:04 PM

Yeah, it was a long time ago.  At the time I posted about it on here, and you told me that GBT was not optimized, and that accounted for the issue.  I guess it got optimized since then Wink

Thanks.

epichaberdasher

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:53:30 PM

Hi Luke, do you know if BFGMiner 5.2.0 is the latest version that get installed in ubuntu using apt -get ? Ive been searching through the github readmes and also google and can't find any info on getting 5.4.1 on ubuntu. Im using Ubuntu 15.10.

I want to see if 5.4.1 fixes the issues im having with my BFL Monarch.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:06:56 AM

Hi Luke, do you know if BFGMiner 5.2.0 is the latest version that get installed in ubuntu using apt -get ? Ive been searching through the github readmes and also google and can't find any info on getting 5.4.1 on ubuntu. Im using Ubuntu 15.10.

I want to see if 5.4.1 fixes the issues im having with my BFL Monarch.
5.2.0 is the latest Debian has packages (and Ubuntu just leeches off them).
README has instructions for building from source code.

toptek

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:02:37 AM

So can somebody let me know how to install the latest version of BFGminer on Ubuntu ? I can only get 5.2.0 to install.

That's how do it on my pi's with Ubuntu trusty or  Ubuntu 1.5

Code:
cd /opt
sudo apt-get -y install git-core build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libc-bin
sudo git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
cd /opt/bfgminer
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo chmod +x ./configure  
sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O2" --enable-scrypt --enable-broad-udevrules --disable-other-drivers --enable-icarus --enable-zeusminer --enable-gridseed --enable-bitmain
sudo make
sudo ldconfig
lsusb
sudo ./bfgminer --version

i use sudo because i don't do it at root, i have a user set up for sudo use with non root.

The antminers can run GBT with bfg with np.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1106

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:33:36 AM

I'm having some trouble setting up my Zeus ThunderX3 ASIC with bfgminer.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1273232

EDIT: Got it worked out Smiley

fullintegrity

Activity: 106

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:17:59 PM

long time appreciator and respector of lukejr bfgminer, however, i am running into an issue with a laptop that i darin boot n nuke and installed ubuntu and upgraded. so sudo su gets me in and apt-get install bfgminer.
here comes the prob:
when it loads, it says no device? yesm, i already tried add all and zus:all as well, but still no go here on ubuntu and bfgminer trying to connect the x3 thunder up.
It seems to me that the unit IS NOT seeing the x3?, i have the usb plugged in.
Is there a ubuntu terminal cmd i can call to see my devices, like in windows? Also is there a special driver needed or something to run the miner or something like windows  grid seeds?
So, yeah... polling the gurus...
-im sure the guy who gets me going will get his choice of scrypt for a day or something with this beast....
appreciate Smiley

1Lfx2Dv69BUgs5v18LtcLqFYKuiJvhxPYh
toptek

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:03:50 AM

long time appreciator and respector of lukejr bfgminer, however, i am running into an issue with a laptop that i darin boot n nuke and installed ubuntu and upgraded. so sudo su gets me in and apt-get install bfgminer.
here comes the prob:
when it loads, it says no device? yesm, i already tried add all and zus:all as well, but still no go here on ubuntu and bfgminer trying to connect the x3 thunder up.
It seems to me that the unit IS NOT seeing the x3?, i have the usb plugged in.
Is there a ubuntu terminal cmd i can call to see my devices, like in windows? Also is there a special driver needed or something to run the miner or something like windows  grid seeds?
So, yeah... polling the gurus...
-im sure the guy who gets me going will get his choice of scrypt for a day or something with this beast....
appreciate Smiley

sudo ldconfig
lsusb 

please post what that says >).
Toll-Booth-Jim

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:38:24 PM

Hi everyone.  Just made an account, have been mining (inefficiently) for about a week and I have not a single idear of what i'm doing for the most part.  ATM i'm using very small minded miners, usb stick miners.  I did however just get in a Bitmain Antminer U3.  That's still a fairly unsophisticated miner but it's something to start with.  I've been using BFG Miner V. 5.4.1 and it's been very good to me until now.  I can't for the life of me get the program to recognize the Antminer U3 as a mining device.  BFG does talk with the miner but like I said BFG doesn't know what to do with it yet.  I've come here for help with this issue.  I don't really know code either reading it or writing it (understanding it) so if I was told a command line to input into bfg miner I wouldn't know how to do that but if I figured it out it would have to be the exact thing i'd be entering into it.  It could be adding code to cmd prompt which I've done for a different asic but that was because someone told me how to do it.  By the way i'm running windows 10 (which makes this even more difficult and I don't have any virtual desktop/computer software to load it on a older version of windows or Linux or what have you.  I'm also running a 64 bit version or windows.  So I would be ever grateful if I could get some help on this subject.  Thanks in advance.

Toll-Booth-Jim Grin
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 1120

CLOAK Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:19:35 AM

Hello,

is a support for the Technobit "DICE" planned?

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=93&controller=product

regards

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.