Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:29:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136083 times)
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 12:19:52 AM

So, you've had another day to think of another excuse, and you come here thinking we're going to believe you??

I would have had more respect for you if you had just admitted you stole the money and were returning it to avoid jail time.

So a fact becomes "excuse". And you're not believing it without reading.

And people should do things for "respect", not for truths.

You are very pragmatic and I like it. I respect you now, happy?

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:38:28 AM

So, you've had another day to think of another excuse, and you come here thinking we're going to believe you??

I would have had more respect for you if you had just admitted you stole the money and were returning it to avoid jail time.

Returning the money will not avoid jail time. However it might reduce the amount of time spent. Judges seems to like remorse. However that is not what has been expressed :/

Why would he get jail time? Was there a crime committed? What crime was that? Which country was it committed in? Who committed it? I'm missing some details here...

check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:43:31 AM

@Zhou Tong  Would you please make a video of yourself telling the Bitcoin community how hard you are trying to resolve this bad situation.
Many people have difficulty with believing your are real when everyone admits they've never met you. Also, a sign with current date would be a help. We need to provide to the shady parts by bringing a little light into those spaces.

When people are acting retarded on a forum you just ignore them. I get ignored on occasion  Grin, and when I do I move on.

Your in a difficult spot, I hope it improves and the community can get back to more productive endeavors.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
sarpar

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:44:51 AM

@ZHOU: Did you provide this Information in Detail to AurumXchange, so that they have all Information they asked for? (I guess for them you can't stay that vague)
@AurumXchange: Is sufficient Information provided to drop money laundering investigations?

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
sarpar

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:46:10 AM

@ZHOU What is the status on the FIAT-Recovery?

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
check_status

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:49:13 AM

I knew I should have emphasized my text...crap.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:49:42 AM

How about paying everyones claims @ 100% before you get any respect...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
defxor

Activity: 530

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:52:11 AM

I only post public clarification when too many people are questioning the same thing

And yet nothing in that post explains you posting on your QQ that you're selling LR, which turns out to come from the same LR account you claim "the hacker" created.

sarpar

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:58:13 AM

I only post public clarification when too many people are questioning the same thing

And yet nothing in that post explains you posting on your QQ that you're selling LR, which turns out to come from the same LR account you claim "the hacker" created.

He tried:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1063716#msg1063716

But overall that's a problem - he talks a lot, but doesn't answer the necessary questions to the point to solve the issue.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 01:05:58 AM

@Zhou Tong  Would you please make a video of yourself telling the Bitcoin community how hard you are trying to resolve this bad situation.
Many people have difficulty with believing your are real when everyone admits they've never met you. Also, a sign with current date would be a help. We need to provide to the shady parts by bringing a little light into those spaces.
his twitter account pre-dating bitcoin (feb 2009) is proof that Zhou Tong is a real person.. well, as much proof as a twitter account could provide. 

i think it would be a good idea to post some sort of video, but that wouldn't do much for proving innocence in Bitcoinicagate.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 01:06:42 AM

Waiting for Patrick Murck's instruction and to my best knowledge, he is waiting for Bitcoinica's instruction.

I can't start recovery of the funds before I'm told "OK" by either party. In case Patrick Murck doesn't want to hold the stolen funds, I can be in trouble if I have asked Chen Jianhai to transfer the funds "for the purpose of recovery".

I'll co-operate to any legal actions to my best ability. Until someone (Patrick Murck or Bitcoinica) complains publicly, you should assume that I'm doing my best.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

sarpar

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:12:43 AM

Waiting for Patrick Murck's instruction and to my best knowledge, he is waiting for Bitcoinica's instruction.

I can't start recovery of the funds before I'm told "OK" by either party. In case Patrick Murck doesn't want to hold the stolen funds, I can be in trouble if I have asked Chen Jianhai to transfer the funds "for the purpose of recovery".

I'll co-operate to any legal actions to my best ability. Until someone (Patrick Murck or Bitcoinica) complains publicly, you should assume that I'm doing my best.

Since I assume that you do your best, I also assume you will transfer all recovered funds (140.000) and not retain anything to cover your friend until this AurumXchange issue is solved. Am I right?

aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:14:33 AM

I can't say it was a waste though as I still feel this community is stale and lacking character (or the character it has chosen is basically anti-social and troll infested). I mean, look at this thread as a clear example. The only times anyone is passionate and involved in something is when they're out for blood. It's really sad. Whenever a member of the bitcoin community stands up for what they believe in and makes a mistake, they are treated like some sort of plague by the trolls here. It's a vivid reflection of world politics, "I can't stand what's going on but I refuse to get involved, learn a skill and help change it!". Zhou Tong developed and supported an idea, as a child. Adults, with logic and reason dumped way too much money into a child's website. The website is sold to someone else. The child no longer runs or owns it, and it gets hacked. The forum's solution? Blame the child. What a sick bunch of losers they must be.
Matthew, while I am probably not your greatest fan, you are right on that this "community" contains a lot of people that seems to have a really bad character.
But lets face it, eventually Bitcoin will replace a lot of banking related things, and I think what we see is only the beginning. I guess to some of those "trolls" Bitcoin is a real threat. Do you know how much revenue the banks and other entities make by just, well, keeping and transfering our money? It is really gigantic, and Bitcoin will, not today or tomorrow, but eventually, cost them a few billions. So I think we should get used to have tons of people in the Bitcoin world, which have only one agenda, and that is to destroy Bitcoin.
Think about it, we even have passionate "fans" of litecoin, solidcoin, or whatever name the daily scam-coin has, who would love to destroy Bitcoin in favor for their scam-coins. And now guess what all those people in the fiat world would love to do, once they see their billions of easy profit in danger.
And then there are also tons of frustrated guys out there, that just love to do some witch hunt, and currently ZT is the perfect victim for them.
We have to learn to deal with people from both of those groups.
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:15:25 AM

Hi Zhou,

I think there was one question that you didn't answer from one of my earlier emails. You said you could recover 20k BTC and to date have recovered 15k BTC. Are you still able to recover the other 5k BTC?
sarpar

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:18:45 AM

Hi Zhou,

I think there was one question that you didn't answer from one of my earlier emails. You said you could recover 20k BTC and to date have recovered 15k BTC. Are you still able to recover the other 5k BTC?
+1

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 01:24:12 AM

Returning the money will not avoid jail time. However it might reduce the amount of time spent. Judges seems to like remorse. However that is not what has been expressed :/

Why would he get jail time? Was there a crime committed? What crime was that? Which country was it committed in? Who committed it? I'm missing some details here...

You're missing a lot more than some details...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:35:08 AM

You're missing a lot more than some details...

Would you mind helping me understand? Can you answer my questions above or are you also completely in the dark? I'll take your lack of response to each question above as a sign that you also do not know the answer to the questions and thank you anyway for your time.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 01:44:57 AM

Hi Zhou,

Yes. I'm recovering the first 15k BTC to show "good faith" and "co-operation". The remaining will be recovered after all the fiat has been recovered. The fiat money is the most legally sensitive part of this deal, and it should have taken place before Bitcoin.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 01:50:42 AM

Since I assume that you do your best, I also assume you will transfer all recovered funds (140.000) and not retain anything to cover your friend until this AurumXchange issue is solved. Am I right?

That was just a proposal, or you can say it's a way to make AurumXchange comfortable of not freezing the funds. I will be sure to take legal advice before I do that.

By the way, a freezing order by court in Dominica is only effective for 7 days unless a money laundering crime is charged within 7 days. Also divulging any information about an ongoing AML investigation is a criminal offence, punishable with up to $250,000 in fines and 10 years of inprisonment. (The inprisonment for money laundering itself is up to 7 years.)

Reference: Dominican Money Laundering Prevention Act (2000)

This means that AurumXchange must have received an order by a more superior party than court to have frozen the funds for more than 7 days, and/or an AML investigation has not formally taken place.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 01:53:09 AM

@AurumXchange: Is sufficient Information provided to drop money laundering investigations?[/b]

I will let you draw your own conclusions:

The $40,000 I exchanged at AurumXchange was indeed from a friend.

I use my own Liberty Reserve account for all my own transactions, including those on behalf of my friend.

I'll try to ask my friend if he's okay with publicizing the related transactions, or I can wait until the investigation is concluded (or the real hacker being found).

So, I have done a deal "for a friend" on AurumXchange using my own account.

Unfortunately, my friend (the source of legitimate LR funds) does not wish to be involved in this disaster because he is supposed to be irrelevant. He's fine with providing information to the authorities, but definitely not to the Bitcoin community after he has read this thread.

At this time, certain things have been put in motion and our attorneys advice us to refrain from answering further questions, or making any further statements regarding this issue on a public forum.

Zhou: Please provide KYC/AML compliance information as per our instructions, and have your attorney contact us. If you believe we are at fault by holding the funds in question, you are well within your rights of filling a lawsuit against our company.

Thank you
Roberto

The last private communication I have received from you is "Do you want the address of our company?", I said yes.

There's no company name, no registration details, no telephone number and no address on your website.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: