Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:30:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136086 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 05:06:37 PM

Why anyone still wants to believe anything coming from Zhou is remarkable.

Some people are paid to.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:24:22 PM

Evidence or no evidence, it shouldnt matter at all after reading the fact that he did business with a known criminal(Zhou even told us this).
What are your feelings on asking Kevin Mitnick for some advice on your company before going live?

At the same time his website: http://www.sgitcoin.com/ under Disclaimer proudly states they dont encourage criminal activity.
I've never seen a single shred of evidence that SGITCOIN.COM was involved in any illegal activity.

Why anyone still wants to believe anything comine from Zhou is remarkable.
I'm still not seeing any evidence, just lots of people butthurt at Bitcoinica LP who are looking for a scapegoat and using Zhou's eagerness for transparency against him. The most ridiculous party in all of this is AurumXChange who if it weren't for the fact that no one involved in bitcoinica wants an investigation, would be sued up the ass for the little stunt they pulled in that other thread.

1) Discussing an active investigation carries a sentence of up to 10 years

2) Holding funds for more than 7 days without an active investigation is also illegal

3) Publicly discussing the details of their customers is unlawful as a breach of their customer privacy agreement

Even one of the confirming parties told me that they had -no- clue Roberto was going to be posting this stuff publicly as they -know- that is unlawful and potentially illegal. The only reason AurumXchange isn't commenting is because they finally figured out how screwed they are.

Thats alot of text but unfortunately the world doesnt run by some dictatorship and your generalisation of the law is pretty iffy.

What is this fantasy company of mine that you refer to ?

sgitcoin.com belongs to Zhou and Zhou publicly stated that he dealt with a criminal business partner(the supposed hacker) , did you forget all of this or did you choose not to remember?

I dont care if sgitcoin.com is some magicaly puffcloud seperate company, it is run by the same person publicly stating he had no issue doing business with a criminal, do I really need to spell this out to you of all people ?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:27:41 PM

Uhh, because there seems to be a lot of FUD continuously pushed by the lynch mob, here are the facts:

1) AurumXchange has never once contacted Zhou by any of his accessible emails with their contact information.

3) Zhou Tong had already known this Chen character previously and thus knew his phone number. The Chen guy used a stolen credit card and entered Zhou's throw-away as the order address, giving Zhou basically an invoice proving everything which was used to threaten Chen who had no clue anyone was paying attention to his fraud or theft.

4) Zhou Tong has never hidden anything and has all the right in the world to be uberly depressed at the lynch mob in this thread. He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.

Sorry wait, how are these established facts? Can you provide evidence that was not sourced from Zhou Tong himself?

sarpar

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:36:34 PM

Uhh, because there seems to be a lot of FUD continuously pushed by the lynch mob, here are the facts:

1) AurumXchange has never once contacted Zhou by any of his accessible emails with their contact information.

If so, it still doesn't matter because he has the contact info by now. But why is he still not supplying information about the source of his funds to them (I am not asking for the public)Huh?
If he told the truth about his friend's transaction he should have nothing to fear. Clarification in that point would clearly place the hack further apart from his person. His strong rejection to support this enquiry tells me that there must be something wrong! I do doubt he is doing his best!

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 05:37:10 PM

Update on the Private Investigator

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at mlawrence02@yahoo.com.  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.
It should be trivial to get his address - he is (or should be) a student at Trinity College, Australia. Why do you need a PI for that?

+1, the self importance and agenda is strong with mlawrence

With all due respect toward mlawrence, I feel he's getting a tad aggressive in procuring funds to pay a PI to investigate if there's a Zhou Tong in Australia, in light of what has recently come to light.

Sending a PM to bitchen will be read, for I see he's still active on this forum. It would be interesting to read his "story".

Name:   bitchen
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   July 08, 2012, 08:24:55 AM
Last Active:   Today at 06:00:14 AM

In reference to this link: http://newnation.sg/2011/07/bitcoins-currency-for-the-drug-lords/#comment-301312742

Check this out: http://www.quora.com/Fang-Shihan/following

And this, to see who David Chua is following: http://www.quora.com/David-Chua/following
Fang Shihan and David Chua names are back-to-back, because that's the order in which he started following them, just like on Twitter.

~Bruno~
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:49:04 PM

Evidence or no evidence, it shouldnt matter at all after reading the fact that he did business with a known criminal(Zhou even told us this).
What are your feelings on asking Kevin Mitnick for some advice on your company before going live?

At the same time his website: http://www.sgitcoin.com/ under Disclaimer proudly states they dont encourage criminal activity.
I've never seen a single shred of evidence that SGITCOIN.COM was involved in any illegal activity.

I'm still not seeing any evidence, just lots of people butthurt at Bitcoinica LP who are looking for a scapegoat and using Zhou's eagerness for transparency against him. The most ridiculous party in all of this is AurumXChange who if it weren't for the fact that no one involved in bitcoinica wants an investigation, would be sued up the ass for the little stunt they pulled in that other thread.

2) Holding funds for more than 7 days without an active investigation is also illegal

3) Publicly discussing the details of their customers is unlawful as a breach of their customer privacy agreement

Even one of the confirming parties told me that they had -no- clue Roberto was going to be posting this stuff publicly as they -know- that is unlawful and potentially illegal. The only reason AurumXchange isn't commenting is because they finally figured out how screwed they are.
Matthew, I don't say this very often, but I agree with your analysis completely. Don't let these guys suck you into the witch hunt.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 05:53:19 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2012, 06:48:13 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

2) AurumXchange publicly admitted to never having had frozen funds before, proved they don't care about their own privacy agreement with users, etc, and gives no reason for Zhou to work with them directly (not to mention they still haven't given him their contact information). It's better if the attorney works with them directly.

3) Zhou Tong had already known this Chen character previously and thus knew his phone number. The Chen guy used a stolen credit card and entered Zhou's throw-away as the order address, giving Zhou basically an invoice proving everything which was used to threaten Chen who had no clue anyone was paying attention to his fraud or theft.

4) Zhou Tong has never hidden anything and has all the right in the world to be uberly depressed at the lynch mob in this thread. He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.

A list of Kevin Lim's favorites on Twitter. Prepare to be shocked: http://favstar.fm/users/brainopera
BitBuster

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:17:30 PM

Hi Zhou,

I think there was one question that you didn't answer from one of my earlier emails. You said you could recover 20k BTC and to date have recovered 15k BTC. Are you still able to recover the other 5k BTC?

Yes. I'm recovering the first 15k BTC to show "good faith" and "co-operation". The remaining will be recovered after all the fiat has been recovered. The fiat money is the most legally sensitive part of this deal, and it should have taken place before Bitcoin.
If the fiat should have been returned first, why did you send 15k BTC? As you say, you did it to show "good faith" and "co-operation". However it just seems like you are buying time and delaying yet again. If you were able to recover 20k BTC, what possible reason have you (or "Chen") for keeping 5k of it for any length of time?

Public clarification #2
AurumXchange is possessing $5,000 of Bitcoinica's stolen funds at the moment. Also the total income from other Chen Jianhai's money laundering transactions is estimated to be about $2,200, calculated from the data provided by AurumXchange.
Are these money laundering transactions income for "Chen" or income for AurumXchange? If they are income for AurumXchange, are you suggesting that they refund "Chen" for the cost of his money laundering?!

Since I assume that you do your best, I also assume you will transfer all recovered funds (140.000) and not retain anything to cover your friend until this AurumXchange issue is solved. Am I right?
That was just a proposal, or you can say it's a way to make AurumXchange comfortable of not freezing the funds. I will be sure to take legal advice before I do that.
"Just a proposal" in which you intend to hold 140,000 of recovered fund ransom so that AurumXchange will release your "friends" funds?

I'm trying to do good and help people, but people don't give any merit to that.
Because some people believe that you are only "trying to do good" after being found out. Whether true or not, that is the fact of the matter.

Unless you have exclusive access to these email accounts, you cannot possibly be sure of this.

AurumXchange have publicly asked Zhou to send them his contact/business information and state that he is yet to do so.

And what tangible evidence is there of this?

4) Zhou Tong has never hidden anything and has all the right in the world to be uberly depressed at the lynch mob in this thread.
This is something that will not be provably known for some time, maybe never.

He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.
Trying to shut down the discussion with the threat of legal eagles getting involved is irrelevant at best.

BB.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 06:21:46 PM

How much is sugardaddy paying you for posting all this bs?

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 06:53:15 PM

I think that at this point we can safely move away from the idea that Zhou Tong is some 17-year-old kid. I believe that the only reason funds are trickling back is because Kevin Lim has a lot at stake, and it's his reputation that is at risk, not a made-up avatar named Zhou Tong.

Now, who is going to be the first to disprove that Zhou Tong = Kevin Lim?

~Bruno~
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:21:27 PM

I think that at this point we can safely move away from the idea that Zhou Tong is some 17-year-old kid. I believe that the only reason funds are trickling back is because Kevin Lim has a lot at stake, and it's his reputation that is at risk, not a made-up avatar named Zhou Tong.

~Bruno~

I and the user dishwara already figured this out at page 22 and 23, post #427 and #452.

You, the "we", are more than late.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1063040#msg1063040

Also when i read all his posts, i don't think he is 17 year old person.
He using English language very well & not typing as a normal 17 year old do , like using smileys, acronyms....slang language, meme....
I think he must be at least 25+ years old to type with out using any normal 17 guys use to chat.
His replies shows a professionalism.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1063434#msg1063434

There is a ghost writer following the instructions of another person which dictates every answer.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:25:56 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2012, 07:52:16 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Great image, Kevin!

According to this http://soundcloud.com/brainopera/following, you're in NY. Have you tried out Meze Grill? And, would you be so kind as to go over the OnlyOne studios and give an interview on how you're going to return all the stolen Bitcoinica funds? While there, don't forget to exchange BlowBobs.

Quick aside, yet related: You got a really... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4LnfkdJDM&feature=player_detailpage#t=238s

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:30:48 PM

~Bruno~

I and the user dishwara already figured this out at page 22 and 23, post #427 and #452.

You, the "we", are more than late.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1063040#msg1063040

Also when i read all his posts, i don't think he is 17 year old person.
He using English language very well & not typing as a normal 17 year old do , like using smileys, acronyms....slang language, meme....
I think he must be at least 25+ years old to type with out using any normal 17 guys use to chat.
His replies shows a professionalism.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1063434#msg1063434

There is a ghost writer following the instructions of another person which dictates every answer.

Once we get an consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong, we can move on to who's in cahoots with him.

~Bruno~
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:37:48 PM

Great image, Kevin!

According to this http://soundcloud.com/brainopera/following, you're in NY. Have you tried out Meze Grill? And, would you be so kind as to go over the OnlyOne studios and give an interview on how you're going to return all the stolen Bitcoinica funds? While there, don't forget to exchange BlowBobs.

~Bruno~

ZT, don't tell me you are an Obama fan, seriously? 

Smiley
Mike Jones

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:40:33 PM

Great image, Kevin!

http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000000259852-e40a8d-crop.jpg?d699587

~Bruno~

ZT, don't tell me you are an Obama fan, seriously?  

Smiley

I am trying to imagine how Obama would "free" Tibet without drone striking the entire region.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 10:25:15 PM

It is so ironic that nameterrific ads are appearing on this thread.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:27:24 PM

The problem I see is that the forum, the bitcoin magazine, and every other bitcoin outlet out there has been bought and paid for by Zhou Tong. He was smart that way. Whatever information you are able to produce, will be dismissed by the forum.

You can clearly see that people like Rarity, Matthew and Maged have received, and/or continue to receive, stolen funds to quell any uprising.

It's unfortunate that this theft has split the community the way it has.  Sad

I'm not sure why how "the forum" regards information is relevant if the purpose of retaining a private investigator is to obtain location information so that those who wish to file criminal or civil complaints are able to set those complaints in motion.  The validity of those complaints isn't going to be investigated by "the forum" (which is divided on the issues anyway), so whether the forum dismisses the information is largely irrelevant anyway.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:32:27 PM

The problem I see is that the forum, the bitcoin magazine, and every other bitcoin outlet out there has been bought and paid for by Zhou Tong. He was smart that way. Whatever information you are able to produce, will be dismissed by the forum.

You can clearly see that people like Rarity, Matthew and Maged have received, and/or continue to receive, stolen funds to quell any uprising.

It's unfortunate that this theft has split the community the way it has.  Sad

I hate to break it to you but I work for Bitcoin Magazine. The magazine is in no way supported, bought or even affiliated with Zhou Tong. I'm sure if you will follow my posts you can see that I have been in favor of getting to the bottom of this without prejudice. I find the notion that you or someone else would consider us as bought by Zhou, insulting on many levels. You are insinuating that we do not have journalistic integrity, which if you read the article on our website about this incident you will see just how wrong you are.

Matthew is Matthew and his statements are in no way to be considered as representing the magazine unless he explicitly says so.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:33:13 PM

You can say "It's been quoted" again a few times, that doesnt make it true somehow.
I read the whole frickin' story and never saw mlawrence threatening to injure/kill anyone anywhere.

You might have interpreted it that way, but thats not the fault of the poster.

Sorry to say, but it was the mods who acted on BS-reasons here, which makes the whole forum start smelling fishy.

And to make that clear:
I don't give a shit if Zhou was the hacker, or a mysterious relic collector, or Obama himself,
i just blame the Bitcoin(ica) Consultancy/Intersango guys instead,
they were in charge, they told us "he didn't steal your money, but ours, we'll pay you back", yet they didn't,
they don't react at all anymore to anyone, they just ran away with our money.

They treated their customers like shit and probably still do.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:37:41 PM

It has already been quoted and the mods decided to shut down your thread.  Stop acting like a six year old pretending you can get out of what you did with a tantrum.

What has already been quoted?  You're telling me your only evidence is something that was deleted?  I'm telling you it never happened, and I am of sound mind and body. 

Stop acting like a child and produce the quote or STFU - I have never threatened anybody.

Both of you, stop your private war here. It gets annoying. People who repeatedly write on public message boards are usually not the ones you have to be afraid about. If I was one of the Intersango people, or Zhou Tong, I'd be very worried about the angry people out there who are still trying to get back what belongs to them. Mobs are prejudiced and tend to do stupid things. Whoever is in control should have done anything in their might to prevent that from happening. Someone warned here about the first Bitcoin related violence/worse and I hope it never happens, but seriously, Bitcoin is money and money is Bitcoin. It wouldn't be different from any other crime related to money. Bitcoin has never been innocent by the way, or did you guys forget about silk road already?
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________
I am owed 44.21 BTC from Amir, Donald, Patrick, Tihan, and Zhou. I don't think I will ever get it back, even or precisely because legal proceedings are going forward. Please make a donation here and I will post your name on the board. Thank you! My former bitcoinica deposit address for donations: 1ET2ps7BRrZnDeq7bVNc8bS9ZmgN8DxUXy

I will boycott the London Bitcoin conference. Too many dicks on the dancefloor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: