Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:48:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save money.  (Read 345756 times)
phibay

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:08:40 PM

Good post, but saving 20% will not be enough in my context. I only earn around 200$ per month with 12 hour work. If i save 20% it will be 40$ that 4000 here and talking about medical expenses it is the cost for one body check. Earning and salary are not as good as yours in most of the developing countries like here in Nepal. It is very hard to leave and save here.  Sad Sad

Well if you want to look at the positives, the good thing about living in a poor country is a signature campaign can earn you a lot of purchasing power compared to what it earns in more developed countries. For example an Hero Account making a decent amount of monthly posts can make at least 0.4 BTC before you start pushing it too far with too many comments, so that would be about half of your salary by posting on a website.
yeah like here in philippines if your rank is hero member and you are participating in signature campaign you can make 0.4 btc per week or more than that. And 0.04 btc is a big amount here in philippines

indeed dude, that 0.4 btc is already equivalent to the monthly salary of a stay-in housemaid in some houses. and in my experience, i can earn 0.1 btc max a week with my current signature campaign and that 0.1 btc a week is a big help for my expenses as i am a student
Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:12:53 PM

Good post, but saving 20% will not be enough in my context. I only earn around 200$ per month with 12 hour work. If i save 20% it will be 40$ that 4000 here and talking about medical expenses it is the cost for one body check. Earning and salary are not as good as yours in most of the developing countries like here in Nepal. It is very hard to leave and save here.  Sad Sad

Well if you want to look at the positives, the good thing about living in a poor country is a signature campaign can earn you a lot of purchasing power compared to what it earns in more developed countries. For example an Hero Account making a decent amount of monthly posts can make at least 0.4 BTC before you start pushing it too far with too many comments, so that would be about half of your salary by posting on a website.
yeah like here in philippines if your rank is hero member and you are participating in signature campaign you can make 0.4 btc per week or more than that. And 0.04 btc is a big amount here in philippines

indeed dude, that 0.4 btc is already equivalent to the monthly salary of a stay-in housemaid in some houses. and in my experience, i can earn 0.1 btc max a week with my current signature campaign and that 0.1 btc a week is a big help for my expenses as i am a student
good to hear bro, but i can only earn 0.045 btc per week due to limit and also i don'y have any time to post because finals will come over and need to study.
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:55:13 PM

Do any of you guys convert BTC you earn to cash and save them at the bank? Or do you guys just keep all of it in BTC and let it ride?

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
phibay

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:16:07 PM

good to hear bro, but i can only earn 0.045 btc per week due to limit and also i don'y have any time to post because finals will come over and need to study.
me also, i am quite busy on my studies but i can still managed to interact on this forum in my spare time and fortunately can reach the max post limit every week , thus i can earn the max i can get on my campaign which is 0.1 btc. anyways study and review well! good luck to your finals, remember ; its better to cheat , than to repeat Grin nah just kidding Cheesy best of luck to you dude
phibay

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:19:44 PM

Do any of you guys convert BTC you earn to cash and save them at the bank? Or do you guys just keep all of it in BTC and let it ride?

i don't cash out my bitcoins just to save them at the bank because personally, i consider my bitcoin wallet as a bank Grin so basically, i just keep all my BTC in my bitcoin wallet and wait for the price to rise , HODLing for short Grin
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:22:21 PM

i will never choose 1 place, better to safe 30% at Gold, 30% at Bitcoin and 40% at real money (US$)
we can get  lose at 1 place and profit at other place
Triple

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:31:12 PM

i don't cash out my bitcoins just to save them at the bank because personally, i consider my bitcoin wallet as a bank Grin so basically, i just keep all my BTC in my bitcoin wallet and wait for the price to rise , HODLing for short Grin

You're not afraid of bitcoin suddenly falling? I mean, I myself convert at least 10% of my BTC to cash every month so I can put them in my savings.

Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:33:33 PM

You're not afraid of bitcoin suddenly falling? I mean, I myself convert at least 10% of my BTC to cash every month so I can put them in my savings.

i save my bitcoin earning 75% every week Roll Eyes
i save a small amount because now i use $ to pay some cost of life
Triple

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:34:37 PM

But do you convert that 75% to cash or do you keep it as BTC and just save at a different wallet.

phibay

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:39:22 PM

i think i can say that i consider holding bitcoins as my savings (and also an investment) i also cash out bitcoins but only for spending purposes and not for saving. i am not afraid for the bitcoin price fall because i believe that won't happen, instead it will increase more (hopefully Cheesy ) i invest also on some ponzi but i am not afraid to be scammed , and that's part of being a risk taker Wink
jordanovmkd

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:38:03 PM

Saving money is pretty good thing, not only for medical insurance after or losing job, it is great if you make it routine and do it on every income or every money you want to spend on something. When you first taught to buy something you see the price on the same products on a different place and buy from the cheapest one because it is also one way of saving, there are lots of people that do not look from where and what price they are buying because are rich or do not want to lost time on finding something tottaly the same on other place. If you are wasting money every day on things you do not need you are not value yourself and your work at job, you are wasting not only money you are wasting time. i am not telling that you have to be closed and not spending money on things you wanna try od do, i just want to say that you have to spend money only on things you really need and really want in that moment except you are having big income and in that case you do not have to save nothing, but things change quickly and you never know when you can lost your job, so pay attention to this question.  Wink
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:06:48 PM

Reduce your expenses by spending on unwanted things, unwanted i mean to say is that find alternate way which costs you less avoid paying for cab just walk instead to office avoid going to gym go for jogging in early morning that will save your gym expenses. Each week, put some of the savings in a special account towards something you know you will really want but cannot afford. When you save enough to meet your goal, you will feel wonderful when you can buy it for cash from that saving.
StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 09:21:59 AM

In my humble opinion on saving money would be to cut unnecessary spending, instead of Pringles just buy a supermarket brand or other versions that are cheaper.

Cut cigs, alcohol and other unhealthy stuff if you can, you bought something and didn't use it at all?

Don't be lazy and go refund it.

There are many ways to save money and there are many reasons to save money.

Poppy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:58:25 AM

This is my first post. Please do respect

My post intention is to help readers to save their money.

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .
If you are empolyee. You must save atleast 20% of your salary. The 20% of your salary divides into two .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.
The cash reserves must equal of your 6 months salary this will help you and ensure you becauas of you loss your job you have extra money .

The 2nd way : investment, business- you can invest in some company so that you have a extra income. And you can also built a small business that will always have an income like apartment.

Example. My wage is $ 7.5 per hour and i work for 8 hours and i work for 20 days. So thar my salary is $1,160 . The 20% of $1,160 is $232 .
So that my cash reserves is $ 116 i can spend this money in emergencies and medical insurance.
If my 6 month salary is $6,960 i can stop my saving money in cash reserves.

Thank you .

One sure way to save money is to think that you do not have any.  In this way, you only get to spend money on the things you absolutely need.
Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:30:01 PM

This is my first post. Please do respect

My post intention is to help readers to save their money.

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .
If you are empolyee. You must save atleast 20% of your salary. The 20% of your salary divides into two .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.
The cash reserves must equal of your 6 months salary this will help you and ensure you becauas of you loss your job you have extra money .

The 2nd way : investment, business- you can invest in some company so that you have a extra income. And you can also built a small business that will always have an income like apartment.

Example. My wage is $ 7.5 per hour and i work for 8 hours and i work for 20 days. So thar my salary is $1,160 . The 20% of $1,160 is $232 .
So that my cash reserves is $ 116 i can spend this money in emergencies and medical insurance.
If my 6 month salary is $6,960 i can stop my saving money in cash reserves.

Thank you .

One sure way to save money is to think that you do not have any.  In this way, you only get to spend money on the things you absolutely need.
things that you only need and don't give any attention on things that you only want and give you only a happiness, you can buy those thing but you must prioritize your needs.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 07:38:48 PM

There are so many ways to save the money. Start with the small savings then convert them into the huge one, set some saving goals for your self. Prepare a budget plan, identify the expenses and review it on weekly basis and make sure to reduce the expenses which are costing more.  At the end you will have exact idea whether to increase the income or reduce the expenses.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:38:01 AM

In my humble opinion on saving money would be to cut unnecessary spending, instead of Pringles just buy a supermarket brand or other versions that are cheaper.

Cut cigs, alcohol and other unhealthy stuff if you can, you bought something and didn't use it at all?

Don't be lazy and go refund it.

There are many ways to save money and there are many reasons to save money.

Impulse-buys are definitely a really killer point in lots of people's lives when they overspend.

Due to the fact that they don't need it and that it likely costs more than necessary, then it's just wasting money.
ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:22:02 AM

Lately i'm doing this experiment or test if this can help me save Bitcoins from my earnings, I opened an account from Poloinex and every time I get paid from my signature campaign, faucets and any profits I get from trading I set aside a certain amount or percentage that I transfer to my Poloinex account and I never look at how much I have there already, I just check the transaction ID if transaction went through. I'm looking at 2-3 months of testing and i'm hoping to get positive results.

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:08:53 AM

Lately i'm doing this experiment or test if this can help me save Bitcoins from my earnings, I opened an account from Poloinex and every time I get paid from my signature campaign, faucets and any profits I get from trading I set aside a certain amount or percentage that I transfer to my Poloinex account and I never look at how much I have there already, I just check the transaction ID if transaction went through. I'm looking at 2-3 months of testing and i'm hoping to get positive results.

Why Poloniex? Why not a cold storage wallet? I think cold storage is better because would be harder to use it, so will be less likely that you spend the coins by impulse
ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:14:00 AM

Why Poloniex? Why not a cold storage wallet? I think cold storage is better because would be harder to use it, so will be less likely that you spend the coins by impulse

I thought of that as well but I decided to use Poloniex so if I need to check how much I have saved including my other coins like Clams and Litecoins, I don't need to log in to another account or wallet, it's all there. It's just a test but maybe in the long run I might switch to cold wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: