Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
Sereneum

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:42:47 PM

I would not say atheists as a whole hate religion.
I think it comes down to the individual person, some people do some don't and some just end up jumping on the bandwagon Tongue

I agree with some, I disagree with others.
The most important thing is to be respectful I think

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:04:26 PM

What does that mean? You quote something and then write about something completely different? Are you trying to change the subject? For a minute there I thought you might start being honest.

Do you want to make my thing said out of the moment a definition?

Best regards.
so then how much of what youve said so far did you mean and how much of it did you say 'in the moment?' is it safe to assume that everything youve said so far is just you saying random nonsense out of being 'in the moment?' stop backpedaling when its convenient for you.

What does "thing said out of the moment" mean - that there are some things you write that we should ignore? Can you tell me which they are ahead of time to save us all some bother?

The question here is: is Islam a Religion (because they worship "a thing", idolatry)?

Best regards.
trying to change the subject again when it suits you, ignoring any questions that dont convenience you.

So when is BitNow gonna man up and start answering questions? I've been waiting days.

Remember:

Answering questions means being a man!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

oh fuck off, spent 30 mins composing this post click preview, phone bugged out then the browser crashed and it's gone...

It was fucking epic... Sad

Quite likely it was another pointless flat earth outburst of yours.
We would of been the judge of it's "epic" status thank you, not you.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:19:11 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 06:39:23 PM by BADecker

BitNow, it's quite simple.

You write:
Here the word Faith means faith in the Supreme.

Something that worship an idol is not a Religion.

BADecker states that one definition of an idol as the deity - head of a religion - itself.

<snip>
In conjunction with the above, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idol:
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
    an image of a deity other than God.
   the deity itself.

Is a religion something that worships an idol or not? A simple question which you refuse to answer.

Religion doesn't worship. Animals don't worship, either. Only people worship. People who worship any other deity than God are idolators. If they worship the image of a deity, they are idolators. The only time people are not idolators is when they worship God.

BitNow and myself come close to idol worship, when we believe the things that we say, which are not in line with the truth of God. You seem to not worship God at all. So, you are living a life of idolatry? Or, do you worship God after all?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 06:23:55 PM

If they worship the image of a deity, they are idolators.

How can you worship an image of God if you don't know how God looks like?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:50:02 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 07:00:21 PM by BADecker

Best regards.

If you worship an image of God, you are an idolator for worshiping the image.

To make my point, many Roman Catholic churches have pictures of Jesus. Some of these depict Him on the cross. Some depict Him on after He was taken down from the cross to be buried. There are pictures of Jesus in all kinds of situations in life. Besides the pictures, there are all kinds of statues and wood carvings and engravings.

What does Jesus look like? Where is the photograph? Who will swear in court that he knows for a fact that this or that picture is really what Jesus looks like?

There are a lot of Roman Catholic worshipers that actually worship the pictures, carvings, statues and engravings. Because the Catholic Church considers that the bread and wine of the Eucharist actually becomes the body and blood of Christ, many people worship these, as well... while the priest is holding them in his hand. How many of the worshipers in the roman Catholic Church are idolators for not worshiping Jesus Christ, but rather for worshiping the image of the Deity?

Go back and re-read this and think. It is important for you.

Further, read what the Revelation in the New Testament says about the way Jesus looks. From Revelation 1:10-18:
10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,

11 which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands,

13 and among the lampstands was someone “like a son of man,” dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.

14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.

16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 06:57:23 PM

Best regards.

To make my point, many Roman Catholic churches have pictures of Jesus. Some of these depict Him on the cross. Some depict Him on after He was taken down from the cross to be buried. There are pictures of Jesus in all kinds of situations in life. Besides the pictures, there are all kinds of statues and wood carvings and engravings.

What does Jesus look like? Where is the photograph? Who will swear in court that he knows for a fact that this or that picture is really what Jesus looks like?

There are a lot of Roman Catholic worshipers that actually worship the pictures, carvings, statues and engravings. Because the Catholic Church considers that the bread and wine of the Eucharist actually becomes the body and blood of Christ, many people worship these, as well... while the priest is holding them in his hand. How many of the worshipers in the roman Catholic Church are idolators for not worshiping Jesus Christ, but rather for worshiping the image of the Deity?

Smiley

Transubstantiation

Christians: inventing funny words since 0 a.C..

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:18:58 PM

Best regards.

Smiley

Transubstantiation

Christians: inventing funny words since 0 a.C..

Best regards.

What is the " 0 a.C. " you mentioned above? [Now I am acting like you.]    Cheesy

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 07:22:31 PM

What is the " 0 a.C. " you mentioned above? [Now I am acting like you.]    Cheesy

Why you want to act like me?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:29:56 PM

Why you want to act like me?

Best regards.

Children need somebody to play with.    Cheesy

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 12:03:24 AM

You write:

BADecker states that one definition of an idol as the deity - head of a religion - itself.

<snip>
In conjunction with the above, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idol:
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

Is a religion something that worships an idol or not? A simple question which you refuse to answer.

Religion doesn't worship. Animals don't worship, either. Only people worship.

Quite right - let me rephrase: Can a religion consist of beings that worship an idol or not? Your own definition says "yes"- an idol can be "the deity itself". Or are you just going to choose the definitions that suit your view of the world?

People who worship any other deity than God are idolators. If they worship the image of a deity, they are idolators. The only time people are not idolators is when they worship God.

If you are changing your mind, what do you tell all the religions that actually *do* worship graven images? That they actually aren't religions and that they don't worship gods?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:50:19 AM

You write:

<snip>
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

Quite right - let me rephrase: Can a religion consist of beings that worship an idol or not? Your own definition says "yes"- an idol can be "the deity itself". Or are you just going to choose the definitions that suit your view of the world?
Without getting into deep semantics, it appears from the definitions that formal religions can worship idols. The word "deity" that you are referring to from the definition, is a false deity... one that is not God. The wording in that particular definition isn't clear.

People who worship any other deity than God are idolators. If they worship the image of a deity, they are idolators. The only time people are not idolators is when they worship God.

If you are changing your mind, what do you tell all the religions that actually *do* worship graven images? That they actually aren't religions and that they don't worship gods?

My telling is simply quoting and paraphrasing what others and God say.

I haven't changed my mind about what I have said.

God is a spirit. There is no physical image of God because God is a Spirit. The closest that people can come to making a physical image of God is to make a physical image of a man... because man was made in the image of God. Worshiping an image is not worshiping God. Worshiping the image is idolatry.

We can go into all kinds of detail, ferreting out all kinds of little understandings that are generally not thought about by people. If you are really interested in details, many people have explained these things in books. Much of the explanation is up on the Net. And, there is the Bible you can study to find the real answers in the way that God will reveal them to your spirit - Spirit to spirit - if you are humbly requesting and seeking answers.

Smiley

Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:31:32 AM

what icons and the cross? are the people that worship them idolators too?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 03:47:49 AM

You write:

<snip>
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

Without getting into deep semantics, it appears from the definitions that formal religions can worship idols. The word "deity" that you are referring to from the definition, is a false deity... one that is not God. The wording in that particular definition isn't clear.

That it doesn't represent your particular god is of no consequence. I'm interested in your definition of a religion, not your brand of it, and you're making it harder by including definitions that when you later claim "The wording in that particular definition isn't clear".

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 03:50:55 AM

My telling is simply quoting and paraphrasing what others and God say.

I haven't changed my mind about what I have said.

Does that mean you disagree with "others and God say"? Why would you quote something in support of your own view if you don't agree with said quote?

strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:37:07 AM

You can't talk sense to these people, they're convinced that their imaginary friends wrote a book x number of years ago.  This whole topic is silly, we might as well just change the topic name to "Why aren't religious people being treated for schizophrenia?"

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:51:32 AM

What does that mean? You quote something and then write about something completely different? Are you trying to change the subject? For a minute there I thought you might start being honest.

Do you want to make my thing said out of the moment a definition?

Best regards.
so then how much of what youve said so far did you mean and how much of it did you say 'in the moment?' is it safe to assume that everything youve said so far is just you saying random nonsense out of being 'in the moment?' stop backpedaling when its convenient for you.

What does "thing said out of the moment" mean - that there are some things you write that we should ignore? Can you tell me which they are ahead of time to save us all some bother?

The question here is: is Islam a Religion (because they worship "a thing", idolatry)?

Best regards.
trying to change the subject again when it suits you, ignoring any questions that dont convenience you.

So when is BitNow gonna man up and start answering questions? I've been waiting days.
one day...

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:00:16 AM

what icons and the cross? are the people that worship them idolators too?

Christains worship a cross or statue, Hindus worship cows. all religions find a way to manifest their belief.  

Christians worship the place where Jesus Christ died (there is always Jesus Christ in the cross were you pray).

If your church has a cross without Jesus Christ you can ask your local priest to change the cross because that offended you.

The cross is to give faithful people a symbol to pray on: there is always Jesus Christ in the cross were you pray (is the same with paintings with Saints and so on...).

What is important is the reference figure (Jesus Christ) not the cross itself.

If your church has a cross without Jesus Christ you can ask your local priest to change the cross because that offended you.

Best regards.

What is important is the definition of Religion: I though that the definition of the word Religion was clear to all world, it is not.

My definition of religion is: "a set of dogmas on faith"

I do not use the word God in the definition of religion because if you define a God a frog you can clearly infer that worshipping a frog is a Religion which is not.

A Religion is a set of dogmas on faith, a religion is not the worship of a God.

Worshipping a God is an action, Religion is not an action (is a system).

"Religion is a system"

"I will die with it".

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:20:50 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 11:35:55 AM by organofcorti

What is important is the definition of Religion: I though that the definition of the word Religion was clear to all world, it is not.

No, you don't believe that. If this thread has shown me anything at all, it's that the word "Religion" is rarely used according to it's dictionary definition.  Your own definition, for example:
My definition of religion is: "a set of dogmas on faith"

is a part of only one of many different definitions (only some of which are complementary). This must be clear to you unless you have not read about religions at all, so your statement "I though that the definition of the word Religion was clear to all world" is quite disingenuous.

I do not use the word God in the definition of religion because if you define a God a frog you can clearly infer that worshipping a frog is a Religion which is not.

So, if there is a group of people who worship a frog, you wouldn't do them the courtesy of considering them a religion? Even if they have "a set of dogmas on faith" that a particular frog is their god?

All of the definitions of 'religion' that I read included belief in a god or the supernatural as some of the defining traits. If you're not including one or the other, you're not using the word 'religion' on the way accepted by "all world".

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:42:37 AM

You can't talk sense to these people, they're convinced that their imaginary friends wrote a book x number of years ago.  This whole topic is silly, we might as well just change the topic name to "Why aren't religious people being treated for schizophrenia?"

I take seriously attempts to discuss a topic logically. When the logic is clearly fallacious I want to ensure that other readers aren't lead astray by statements which are at best a result of poor application of logic and at worst a knowing attempt to mislead. I'm not sure which is the case here.

I know I won't change the attitudes of BitNow or BADecker, but I keep this discussion going with them for the sake of other readers.

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 01:57:37 PM

All of the definitions of 'religion' that I read included belief in a god or the supernatural as some of the defining traits. If you're not including one or the other, you're not using the word 'religion' on the way accepted by "all world".

You are an atheist: how do you know about the World?

I know I won't change the attitudes of BitNow or BADecker, but I keep this discussion going with them for the sake of other readers.

You think you are God?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: