Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:49:07 AM

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/
noun
noun: atheism

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
    synonyms:   non-belief, non-theism, disbelief, unbelief, scepticism, doubt,

Thank you Google.

Atheists are people who are living in reasonable peace... even the ones who have trouble and pain. They have convinced themselves that there is no God, in spite of the fact that down deep they know that there is a God. Atheists lie to themselves more than anyone else.

At times of immense joy, or great fear and pain, the atheists realize that there is a God.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:05:36 AM

Yes and Christians know that deep down the one true god is Zeus...  During times of fear or heart-break they always go over to Zeus. 
There are Christians burning in lakes of fire who refused to acknowledge Zeus!

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 03:21:50 AM

Because of this, we can rightfully say that religion means, simply:
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe.
What is interesting is that atheists are full of such beliefs in science theory, which has not been proven to be fact. Thus, atheism is definitely a religion.

Smiley

Your statement is that religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause AND nature AND purpose of the universe. Logically if any of these are not true, the statement as a whole is not true.

Atheists do not posit a "purpose" to the universe (read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleology).

Therefore your statement as a whole is not true, and atheism cannot be considered a religion by that definition.

Actually, the truth doesn't have anything to do with what atheists posit. Since for many atheists, religion is something that they are against for themselves, they simply have a religion of non-religion. I admire how faithful many of them are, that they would continue with their religion of non-religion when all the while they are being shown that they have a religion. Their choice, I guess.

Smiley

You just ignored everything I wrote there, so let me bring you back to the conversation.

1. You state:

2. I explained that atheists have no beliefs concerning the purpose of the universe.

3. Therefore your simple definition does not apply to atheists.

Are you changing your simple definition or will you ignore a logical argument?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 03:24:59 AM

At times of immense joy, or great fear and pain, the atheists realize that there is a God.

Smiley

You provide no proof for this assertion. Have you ever been an atheist and had this experience yourself?

I know many atheists who have experienced immense joy, great fear or pain, and none of them realized there was a god during this time.

Since you phrased your statement as an absolute, even one counter example is sufficient to disprove it, and so I can only conclude you made it up because it sounded good to you.

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:29:09 AM

^ that was the old there are no atheists in foxholes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_are_no_atheists_in_foxholes it's false of course. But good luck explaining that to him. Or explaining that like the study in the wiki page says, people in extreme situations may not behave as rationally as someone in normal situations. Doesn't mean they become religious. Only that they will say or do anything because they are desperate.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 04:58:53 AM

^ that was the old there are no atheists in foxholes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_are_no_atheists_in_foxholes it's false of course. But good luck explaining that to him. Or explaining that like the study in the wiki page says, people in extreme situations may not behave as rationally as someone in normal situations. Doesn't mean they become religious. Only that they will say or do anything because they are desperate.

Ah thanks. BADecker's comment at least makes sense now, and even easier to dismiss. I myself become quite flatulent in extreme situations, but it doesn't mean I worship flatulence as a god.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 08:10:13 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 08:22:41 AM by BitNow

Ah thanks. BADecker's comment at least makes sense now, and even easier to dismiss. I myself become quite flatulent in extreme situations, but it doesn't mean I worship flatulence as a god.

Worshipping a thing is idolatry.
Thou shalt have no other gods before me
- Ex 20:3 (1st Commandement)

Atheism is a capital sin.
Not have an imaginary friend is worthy of death?   Most atheists dont hate religion, but that sort of attitude would certainly swing a few people.

Don't call sinners people call them sinners and they will start to search for redemption.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:27:41 AM

Worshipping a thing is idolatry.
Thou shalt have no other gods before me
- Ex 20:3 (1st Commandement)

I wrote "it doesn't mean I worship flatulence as a god". That means I don't worship flatulence as a god.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:29:14 AM

Not have an imaginary friend is worthy of death?   Most atheists dont hate religion, but that sort of attitude would certainly swing a few people.

Don't call sinners people call them sinners and they will start to search for redemption.

Best regards.

You dehumanise a portion of the population that doesn't agree with you? Hmmm, where have I seen that attitude lead to genocide before? Oh yes, every time.

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 01:10:06 PM

Best regards.

You dehumanise a portion of the population that doesn't agree with you? Hmmm, where have I seen that attitude lead to genocide before? Oh yes, every time.

What's wrong with holocaust?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
strayanbit

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:31:15 PM

Calm down Mussolini!   Roll Eyes

Ask your mate the pope, he might know a few things wrong with it.

████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 02:41:14 PM

Calm down Mussolini!   Roll Eyes

Ask your mate the pope, he might know a few things wrong with it.

Why in this thread there is not a single person replying to questions but always answers come from different people?

"There is a problem with Authority here"

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Loimu

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:19:59 PM

I hate religions because they cause wars and are simply ridiculous. I cannot comprehend how any self-respecting adult would publicly admit believing in imaginary friend based on those tales that have been around thousands of years in different forms. Especially when science can proof all that pure nonsense. All 'gods' are ultimately creation of people and they are all based on the same worshiping of the sun which started long before even christianity was around.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:33:47 PM

1. You state:

2. I explained that atheists have no beliefs concerning the purpose of the universe.

3. Therefore your simple definition does not apply to atheists.

Are you changing your simple definition or will you ignore a logical argument?

2. Some people believe the earth is flat.

3. True explanations of the shape of the earth apply to all people, even if they don't understand or believe them. Truth conquers belief.

4. I am accepting, as always, the logical ideas of using the definitions of the dictionaries and encyclopedias. What, again, are you doing?

NOTE: I added the number "4" to clarify your set. I ignored your number "1" because all you are really saying there is something like, "You are not agreeing with me."

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 03:34:56 PM

I hate religions because they cause wars and are simply ridiculous. I cannot comprehend how any self-respecting adult would publicly admit believing in imaginary friend based on those tales that have been around thousands of years in different forms. Especially when science can proof all that pure nonsense. All 'gods' are ultimately creation of people and they are all based on the same worshiping of the sun which started long before even christianity was around.

Were the egyptians that worshipped the Sun (they called it Ra): Christianity and Hebraism worship a God that is very real and walked with Noah in the good old days.
"9 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.
10 Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.
"
- Gen 6:9

3. True explanations of the shape of the earth apply to all people, even if they don't understand or believe them. Truth conquers belief.

Thank You for that.

"The Truth will set you Free".

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
strayanbit

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:36:11 PM

You're a heretic BADecker, Zeus is the only true god... Deep down you know that.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:49:14 PM

There is truth in what you say. That's why real Christians try to NOT believe in imaginary friends, although they are taught in childhood through modern cartoons to believe in many.

Science doesn't prove Christianity to be nonsense. In fact, it proves Christianity to be truth.

Some aspects of science are full of nonsense. One example is the Big Bang Theory. The Big Bang Theory itself is not nonsensical to look at. The thing is nonsensical about it is the way many adults consider this fictional Theory to be truth or near truth. And they parade it as truth just like a Christian might parade his Christianity as truth.

Again, Newton's 3rd Law essentially shows us that everything we have and are, comes from something that caused us to happen this way. Even our daily thoughts are controlled and caused by brain activity that came about because of former brain activity - and a multitude of other chemistry - that caused us to think the way we do.

We can't see what started this complex universe, so that all this complexity could operate through the universal cause and effect that has operated for thousands of years, according to Newton's 3rd Law. The thing that we CAN understand is that it (The Great First Cause) is great enough that it fits the definitions of the word "God" in our dictionaries and encyclopedias of today.

Smiley

strayanbit

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:57:59 PM

There is truth in what you say. That's why real Christians try to NOT believe in imaginary friends, although they are taught in childhood through modern cartoons to believe in many.

Science doesn't prove Christianity to be nonsense. In fact, it proves Christianity to be truth.

Some aspects of science are full of nonsense. One example is the Big Bang Theory. The Big Bang Theory itself is not nonsensical to look at. The thing is nonsensical about it is the way many adults consider this fictional Theory to be truth or near truth. And they parade it as truth just like a Christian might parade his Christianity as truth.

Again, Newton's 3rd Law essentially shows us that everything we have and are, comes from something that caused us to happen this way. Even our daily thoughts are controlled and caused by brain activity that came about because of former brain activity - and a multitude of other chemistry - that caused us to think the way we do.

We can't see what started this complex universe, so that all this complexity could operate through the universal cause and effect that has operated for thousands of years, according to Newton's 3rd Law. The thing that we CAN understand is that it (The Great First Cause) is great enough that it fits the definitions of the word "God" in our dictionaries and encyclopedias of today.

Smiley

Ok, so you're saying we can't know objectively how the universe started, but we can call it god?
So you're a Pantheist now?  

Is it all related to the spark of god that you mentioned before>?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:10:56 PM

Smiley

Ok, so you're saying we can't know objectively how the universe started, but we can call it god?
So you're a Pantheist now?  

Is it all related to the spark of god that you mentioned before>?

"I" should not be the focus. The things that I say are not everything. But I have to start somewhere basic enough to get you to start to think clearly.

Think clearly about the fact (according to Newton's 3rd Law, which is a LAW, not a theory) that cause and effect penetrate everything in the universe. This means that there is no such thing as pure random. In other words, everything happens because something else caused it to happen, not because it randomly happened.

Yet, the universe is very complex... especially in the brains and minds of mankind. Something that could cause the brain and mind of mankind to exist now, through all the cause and effect that happened in the past, is very great. What this means is...

Let's say for a moment that the universe DID come about by a Big Bang. Because the complexity of humanity is the result, and the intelligence of mankind is very great, The Big Bang (or whatever caused it) must have been ultimately intelligent to have caused all this intelligence over Billions of years, all through (what we would normally call random) cause and effect.

Don't think about me. Rather focus on the idea.

Smiley

iwasneverhere

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:11:48 PM

atheists do not hate religion, they choose not to be a part of an organized idea that has few leeway and seems absolute even thou common sense sometimes trumps their ideas.
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: