Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901257 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:51:09 AM

Its not that i hate religion but some religious actions does not jive to what they suppose to be. Although there are really good people.

Sometimes i dont want to be with my religious friends because there are many restrictions to what i do what i say and others.

That's my experience.

Your life - the way you live - is your religion. Everyone has religion.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:15:40 AM

Its not that i hate religion but some religious actions does not jive to what they suppose to be. Although there are really good people.

Sometimes i dont want to be with my religious friends because there are many restrictions to what i do what i say and others.

That's my experience.

Smiley

I don't have a religion, rather a simple human morale.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:19:39 AM

That's my experience.

Smiley

You use a small amount of "energy" to contradict me here. Perhaps you have much more of this energy within yourself. If I contradict you more, will this energy of yours come out in further contradictions? The more you are set within yourself to care, and then back it up by using your energy, the more of a personal religion you have.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 11:21:19 AM

That's my experience.

Smiley

You use a small amount of "energy" to contradict me here. Perhaps you have much more of this energy within yourself. If I contradict you more, will this energy of yours come out in further contradictions? The more you are set within yourself to care, and then back it up by using your energy, the more of a personal religion you have.

Smiley

Great, we're getting closer to a definition of religion! How many joules of energy does it take before an opinion becomes a religion? Some hard data here would be most welcome.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:51:24 AM

That's my experience.

Smiley

Smiley

Great, we're getting closer to a definition of religion! How many joules of energy does it take before an opinion becomes a religion? Some hard data here would be most welcome.

You must mean that you are figuring out how to use a dictionary or encyclopedia, or how to look up information on the Internet. 'Bout time.

Smiley

PrikiNo.1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:07:09 PM

I already told you that there is BIG difference between God and Supreme. God, Alien or ET is the same thing and Supreme is a title...
Lot's of people tell lots of other people stuff.

If you can't understand that God means the Supreme Being according to dictionary definitions, nobody is going to be able to help you.

Tesla was the only scientist who understand then meaning of the Special Theory of Relativity! You can check this in his quotes about Einstein...
Okay, great! I don't care if Tesla was the only one who understood the Special Theory of Relativity, or if all the people of India understood it. Thanks for the info.

Science theory that is NOT fact is unified only with the evil spirits of the Spirit world.

I think it's time to read the interview of Nicola Tesla from 1899...

I think it is time you understood that God deals with truth. Science theory that is not fact is not truth. It is falsehood. God and good spirits do not express falsehood. However, at some times the evil spirits do express falsehood. If you don't compare what the spirits say with the things that the Word of God (the Bible) says, how are you ever going to know if you are listening to truth or falsehood from the spirits? Is it the truth simply because you feel like it is? Is it the truth simply because you want it to be?

Wake up.

Smiley

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.'' - Nikola Tesla

This man change the world and you don't care about this?

God rewards anyone who recognizes He exists. And He rewards them more if they seek Him.

Tesla changed the world. And, he is dead. Some of his changes were great. Too bad he couldn't protect the changes from evil men.

Smiley

Well, let me tell you something about Tesla... After he devote his entire life to study the spiritual world throughout the science, he found out that everything what is written in the Bible can be decoded throughout the Yoga! Smiley

Tesla was very smart. Probably he was using an early form of what would become modern Quantum Math in his future.

Thank Goodness that we have the Bible, because not even the Indians who use Yoga have done this decoding without seeing the Bible first... if they have even done it then.

Smiley

If you read his interview from 1899 you will realize that he was a gifted person. Before he became a successful in the science, he was having some visions.

In the Revelation of John there are so many symbols and codes that Yoga can decode it, that's why the government want to ban this ancient sacred text... Smiley
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:10:29 PM

Smiley

You must mean that you are figuring out how to use a dictionary or encyclopedia, or how to look up information on the Internet. 'Bout time.

Smiley

You say the more energy we use to espouse a particular point of view, the more it becomes a religion. What is the limit? How many joules of energy does it take before an opinion becomes a religion?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:15:34 PM

Smiley

Smiley

You say the more energy we use to espouse a particular point of view, the more it becomes a religion. What is the limit? How many joules of energy does it take before an opinion becomes a religion?

Notice that the energy that I used was in quotes. This means that I am using the word in ways that may not always be defined directly. Rather, I am using it to get an idea of sorts across.

The idea of measuring the amount of energy it takes for any mental process is probably something that many researchers are investigating.

How much energy does it take for the whole process whereby you sit there and write goofy stuff?

Smiley

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:28:05 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Notice that the energy that I used was in quotes. This means that I am using the word in ways that may not always be defined directly. Rather, I am using it to get an idea of sorts across.

The idea of measuring the amount of energy it takes for any mental process is probably something that many researchers are investigating.

How much energy does it take for the whole process whereby you sit there and write goofy stuff?

Smiley

What does it mean that you are "using the word in ways that may not always be defined directly"? Can you give examples of other words that cannot be "be defined directly"?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:33:19 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

What does it mean that you are "using the word in ways that may not always be defined directly"? Can you give examples of other words that cannot be "be defined directly"?

Time for you to go back to school, it seems.   Smiley

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:36:08 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Time for you to go back to school, it seems.   Smiley

You have a terrible habit of not answering questions that make you think about your beliefs, don't you? All I'm politely asking for is a simple answer. Be rude if you must.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:46:30 PM

You are not talking about atheism: so what are you talking about?

Idolatry of course. You were the one who brought it up. If you have already forgotten, just look a few pages back.

Atheism is a capital sin.
This definition is based on 2 facts:
1. Atheism is a sin of idolatry (Ex 20:3, 1st Commandement)
2. Punishment to idolatry (atheism) is death (Ex 32:4, Golden Calf episode)

Again: what are you talking about?

My question again: BADecker believes religions can worship idols, you believe they can't. Why should I believe you and not BADecker?

Believe regarding to what?

I'm an engineer not a priest.

In regard to this: BADecker believes religions can worship idols, you believe they can't, and why do you think you are correct and not BADecker?

Quoting myself:

Me and user BADecker are saying the same thing: atheism is idolatry, what we disagree is the punishment.
For me: atheism is a capital sin (punishment is death according to the Golden Calf episode Ex 32:4)
For user BADecker: he want to save all the atheist in the world...

And probably even more than that: we agree that atheism is a capital sin.

We disagree on the application of this law:
For me: we should kill them all and leave the problem aside.
For user BADecker: he want to save all the atheist in the world...

A question for you Legendary member of this community: are you trying to push user BADecker against me?

Thank You.

Best regards.

PS: don't take this questions as hate: I'm trying to get a clear definition out of this not to kill somebody.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:54:11 PM

BitNow, it's quite simple.

You write:
Here the word Faith means faith in the Supreme.

Something that worship an idol is not a Religion.

BADecker states that one definition of an idol as the deity - head of a religion - itself.

<snip>
In conjunction with the above, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idol:
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
    an image of a deity other than God.
   the deity itself.

Is a religion something that worships an idol or not? A simple question which you refuse to answer.

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:57:51 PM

You write:

BADecker states that one definition of an idol as the deity - head of a religion - itself.

<snip>
In conjunction with the above, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idol:
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

Is a religion something that worships an idol or not? A simple question which you refuse to answer.

You focus on the Religion word because you have no faith in God.
Focus on what you need to focus instead of the Religion word which is very clear to me.

Religion is a set of dogmas on Faith.

That is the best definition I found so far of Religion.
This is the best definition: because have no reference to God in it, it only involves Faith (in God).

Thank You.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 01:03:32 PM

You write:

<snip>
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

Focus on what you need to focus instead of the Religion word which is very clear to me.

Thank You.

Best regards.

You still haven't answered the question so I'll rephrase it in the hope you'll understand it better. Do some religions worships idols or not?

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 01:06:49 PM

Thank You.

Best regards.

You still haven't answered the question so I'll rephrase it in the hope you'll understand it better. Do some religions worships idols or not?

Ask user BADecker: he's the one who want to save atheists!

Quoting myself:

Faith: does it exist without God?

As you stated previously that you are an atheist, how do you relate to yourself the word Faith?

If and atheist reply to the questions above we can have a discussion, otherwise we are going to change the subject which is not a good methodology to come to a definition.

If we change the subject we are talking History not Science.

Thank You.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 01:11:22 PM

Thank You.

Best regards.

That's a non-sequitur.

Do you have any intention of answering this one simple question? What is it you're afraid of?

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 01:13:44 PM

That's a non-sequitur.

Do you have any intention of answering this one simple question? What is it you're afraid of?

I'm afraid of finding myself in a dead end. I'm afraid of giving my Faith to the wrong person.

Thank You.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 01:25:16 PM

Thank You.

Best regards.

That's a non-sequitur.

I'm afraid of finding myself in a dead end. I'm afraid of giving my Faith to the wrong person.

Thank You.

Best regards.

You're not going to try justify your belief that, by definition, religions do not worship idols? These are your words, you know.

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 01:27:37 PM

Thank You.

Best regards.

You're not going to try justify your belief that, by definition, religions do not worship idols? These are your words, you know.

I never said that.

I said:

This is the best definition: because have no reference to God in it, it only involves Faith (in God).

Thank You.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: