Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:53:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:27:53 PM

Even Christianity is based on fear. The fear of 'the Judgement day'.

That just doesn't make sense. If you believe, there's nothing to fear from judgement, because believing in Jesus saving us means we won't be judged for our sins at the judgement, and if you don't believe, well you aren't going to be afraid of something you don't believe in, right?

This is actually a fundamental problem- Christianity takes away responsibility and gives all responsibility to Jesus, which kind of makes all of the ethical codes unnecessary, although Jesus emphasizes the permanence of the old testament law. Just one of many contradictions. You can really see the development of Christian theology if you read church history, although I think the council of Nicea was one of the definitive moments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:36:40 PM

That just doesn't make sense. If you believe, there's nothing to fear from judgement, because believing in Jesus saving us means we won't be judged for our sins at the judgement, and if you don't believe, well you aren't going to be afraid of something you don't believe in, right?

This is actually a fundamental problem- Christianity takes away responsibility and gives all responsibility to Jesus, which kind of makes all of the ethical codes unnecessary, although Jesus emphasizes the permanence of the old testament law. Just one of many contradictions. You can really see the development of Christian theology if you read church history, although I think the council of Nicea was one of the definitive moments.

It doesn't take away responsibility, because once you're saved and have the Holy Spirit inside of you, you will feel convicted of your sin and want to stop doing it. You will become more Christ-like as you live and follow the commandments.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:25:32 PM

You are on a dead end "buddy".

Best regards.
Since you've admitted turning your back to God by worshipping man (i.e. The Pope), maybe it's you who has hit that dead end. Something to think about...

It doesn't take away responsibility, because once you're saved and have the Holy Spirit inside of you, you will feel convicted of your sin and want to stop doing it. You will become more Christ-like as you live and follow the commandments.

Yes, and what drives you to stop doing it? FEAR of what will happen if you don't.

You seem to be obsessed about molding Christianity into something it isn't. Everybody knows what it is, why it was invented, what it stands for, how it spreads, the rules it's sets down for followers etc...
It seems pointless to me painting it into a different picture when everyone already knows what the picture looks like. Majority of people it was drilled into them at childhood.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 07:29:46 PM

You seem to be obsessed about molding Christianity into something it isn't. Everybody knows what it is, why it was invented, what it stands for, how it spreads, the rules it's sets down for followers etc...
It seems pointless to me painting it into a different picture when everyone already knows what the picture looks like. Majority of people it was drilled into them at childhood.

You seems obsessed with Christianity.

You are in a dead end "buddy".

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:44:55 PM

You are on a dead end "buddy".

Best regards.
Since you've admitted turning your back to God by worshipping man (i.e. The Pope), maybe it's you who has hit that dead end. Something to think about...

Yes, and what drives you to stop doing it? FEAR of what will happen if you don't.

Yes. Fear. Fear of what?

Fluffer. Make a grain of sand. Make a planet. Make a universe.

Aren't you a little in awe of a guy who is big enough to beat the s**t out of you? If he has a gun, even though he doesn't use it, aren't you at least a little bit apprehensive in his presence?, especially if he has the gun out of its holster?

You better learn about God and fear Him a bit. Even though He offers forgiveness, there will come a time when He will withdraw the offer from all those who won't accept it. And His power is way beyond the power of a big man who has a gun out of its holster. Don't tick God off if you know what's good for you.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:04:52 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 08:33:18 PM by MakingMoneyHoney

What stops you from doing it is not fear of what will happen if you don't. Because if you don't, you're still saved by believing in Jesus Christ.

I'm not re-writing Christianity, it's just that most people are taught about it poorly. People all around the world try to use it to pressure others into doing things to save themselves and using fear of punishment if you don't.

But Christianity means you aren't saved by the things you do or the things you don't do. You're saved by the grace of the Lord alone.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Just because people were taught something different, doesn't make it so, the bible is clear on this point. Doing something or not doing it will NOT get you into heaven. So there's nothing to fear if you have the grace of the Lord by believing in Jesus, no matter what you've done or haven't done.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19We love, because He first loved us
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:16:44 PM

you're still saved by believing in Jesus Christ.
That is a false doctrine (LIE), it does not stand up to reason, and you shall not dump your sins and errors, evil and law-breaking actions upon a MAN by any name--dead or alive.

I have summarized the reasons for not believing the lie here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg12690812#msg12690812

I'm not re-writing Christianity, it's just that most people are taught about it poorly.
You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny. That claim is in error because it does not stand up to reason and even your tampered book does not support that claim, as I have pointed out.

Follow the "errors" and you are totally LOST. Continue in ignorance and you end up likewise lost. Deliberately continue in ignorance to salve ego and possible change of perception--AND YOU HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN AGAINST GOD. "You are either for me or ye be against me," sayeth the Lord God. How will you recognize God? By his wishy-washy homage to every error YOU make? I suggest you reconsider your position.
1aguar

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:21:09 PM

Just because people were taught something different, doesn't make it so, the bible is clear on this point.

Yes, and here is the clarity: Only through “. . . works can a man be known” and “faith without works is without meaning.”

If the shoes of sanctity fit--I suggest you take them out of your mouth and place them on your feet.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 08:28:27 PM

Just because people were taught something different, doesn't make it so, the bible is clear on this point.

Yes, and here is the clarity: Only through “. . . works can a man be known” and “faith without works is without meaning.”

If the shoes of sanctity fit--I suggest you take them out of your mouth and place them on your feet.

Who of you fellas were talking about wolf in sheep's clothing?

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:32:32 PM

That is a false doctrine (LIE), it does not stand up to reason, and “faith without works is without meaning", as I have summarized here:

I'm not re-writing Christianity, it's just that most people are taught about it poorly.
You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny. That claim is in error because it does not stand up to reason; your tampered book cannot be the "substance" that backs up your claim.

Follow the "errors" and you are totally LOST. Continue in ignorance and you end up likewise lost. Deliberately continue in ignorance to salve ego and possible change of perception--AND YOU HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN AGAINST GOD. "You are either for me or ye be against me," sayeth the Lord God. How will you recognize God? By his wishy-washy homage to every error YOU make? I suggest you reconsider your position.

It is not a LIE. It stands up to reason. And here is how.

Perfection is required for the universe to exist. Think about it. All the laws of the universe need to act perfectly. If even one of them fails in the least bit of perfection, the universe comes crashing down in a blinding cascade of destruction.

Perfection is required in at least 2 ways:
1. You can't make something work as well as the universe works together without perfection;
2. God can't stand imperfection so much, that He can't even stand the shadow of imperfection.

When Adam and Eve sinned (and all the rest of us later), the universe should have dissolved for the two above reasons. But God has His reasons for not destroying it. Rather, He brought it back to perfection. You can't do such. I can't do such. Only God can.

God did it by sending His Son, Jesus, in the form of a man - it was man who sinned, so it was man who had to pay. Being God as well as man, Jesus could take the punishment for imperfection that us weaker people couldn't take. It was the perfection of Jesus, and the strength of God that Jesus is, that upheld the universe at the same time it was turning away the imperfection from the eyes of God.

God had desired to give mankind the graces of the universe before the time of the fall into sin. Jesus took the punishment and upheld the universe, all the whole time so that He could give it all back to mankind as God had intended in the first place. That's a part of the perfection.

But neither the Father nor Jesus are going to downplay the role of Jesus in the whole thing. They are perfectly honest. And that is why you need Jesus. Because you can't do it even for yourself. You are imperfect. And you need to admit to Jesus perfection to be honest and truthful.

If you don't pick up and use the honest truth of Jesus doing it for you, you are dead and gone. Don't lock yourself into death by dying without Jesus.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:34:26 PM

You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny.

Precisely.

There is no sound reason to believe Christ is our savior. Even slightly poking this huge claim it crashes down in flames.
There is only one thing keeping this house of cards savior thing up. Wishful thinking.

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 08:35:33 PM

Perfection is required for the universe to exist. Think about it. All the laws of the universe need to act perfectly. If even one of them fails in the least bit of perfection, the universe comes crashing down in a blinding cascade of destruction.

1. You can't make something work as well as the universe works together without perfection;
2. God can't stand imperfection so much, that He can't even stand the shadow of imperfection.

When Adam and Eve sinned (and all the rest of us later), the universe should have dissolved for the two above reasons. But God has His reasons for not destroying it. Rather, He brought it back to perfection. You can't do such. I can't do such. Only God can.

God did it by sending His Son, Jesus, in the form of a man - it was man who sinned, so it was man who had to pay. Being God as well as man, Jesus could take the punishment for imperfection that us weaker people couldn't take. It was the perfection of Jesus, and the strength of God that Jesus is, that upheld the universe at the same time it was turning away the imperfection from the eyes of God.

God had desired to give mankind the graces of the universe before the time of the fall into sin. Jesus took the punishment and upheld the universe, all the whole time so that He could give it all back to mankind as God had intended in the first place. That's a part of the perfection.

But neither the Father nor Jesus are going to downplay the role of Jesus in the whole thing. They are perfectly honest. And that is why you need Jesus. Because you can't do it even for yourself. You are imperfect. And you need to admit to Jesus perfection to be honest and truthful.

If you don't pick up and use the honest truth of Jesus doing it for you, you are dead and gone. Don't lock yourself into death by dying without Jesus.

Smiley

I think Perfection is Satan's tool to put you away from Science.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:36:05 PM

That is a false doctrine (LIE), it does not stand up to reason, and you shall not dump your sins and errors, evil and law-breaking actions upon a MAN by any name--dead or alive.

I have summarized the reasons for not believing the lie here:

You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny. That claim is in error because it does not stand up to reason and even your tampered book does not support that claim, as I have pointed out.

I was talking about the Christianity from the bible. I understand you don't believe the bible.

I agree with those lines too. I already said:

Since we're saved we will have works, but the works is NOT what saves us. Grace is.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:38:34 PM

You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny.

Precisely.

There is no sound reason to believe Christ is our savior. Even slightly poking this huge claim it crashes down in flames.
There is only one thing keeping this house of cards savior thing up. Wishful thinking.

Have you given up saying Christianity is based on fear?

I edited this in, and you may have missed it:

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:39:52 PM

Smiley

I think Perfection is Satan's tool to put you away from Science.

No, science is God's tool to set up universal perfection.   Smiley

1aguar

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:46:34 PM

When Adam and Eve sinned

That is a made-up story with no substance; MAN is made in GOD'S image.

How dare you limit a God of Creation capable of ordering a universe and causing his most precious creations to be a mud sculpture and a rib-bone birthed in sin.
1aguar

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:54:35 PM

I was talking about the Christianity from the bible. I understand you don't believe the bible.
I am skeptical about the content of the Bible because it is tampered; I think you admit to this earlier.

Not even the Bible supports your claim. Especially when you read the Gospel of Thomas and other salient books like Chopra's "The Third Jesus". Here are the three points I made which show that the Bible does not support the savior-doctrine:

1) He did not EVER ONCE suggest he was your SAVIOR.
2) He represented the Christ Path of Truth and Godness--he NEVER CLAIMED TO BE GOD. IN FACT AT HIS
TRIAL WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS GOD HE SAID, “THEY say as much."
3) The New Commandment says "follow my example", "love others as I have loved you"; there is no Commandment to believe in a savior. It is sufficient to follow the Commandment he gave; is this not what is meant by "take up your cross"?

Since the book has been tampered, I use reason and practice discernment and take ONLY the good parts from the Bible, like the part about the Laws of God and not judging. Now, why don't you do some critical thinking in this regard:

If you had a guidebook and trail-guide on locating your enemy in order to blow him away--and the enemy in point had opportunity to get your books--do you not think HE WOULD ALTER THEM TO SEND YOU DOWN THE "OTHER" PRIMROSE PATHWAY AND THEREBY ALLOW HIS WINNING OF THE WAR? Ponder this most closely--for THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOUR GUIDEBOOKS WHICH WOULD DEFEAT SATANIC INTENT AND BRING YOU HOME TO GOD.

I agree with those lines too. I already said:

Contradictory parts in bold. It matters not how you FEEL about the matter; You shall not dump your sins and errors, evil and law-breaking actions upon a MAN by any name--dead or alive.

Since we're saved we will have works, but the works is NOT what saves us. Grace is.
If there is going to be any saving, YOU shall do it; you cannot dump your evil upon another and then say it will make you better. In Psalms 1, it says that you have to meditate upon God's Law day and night. You cannot be saved by faith alone for faith alone is nothing!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:57:14 PM

When Adam and Eve sinned

That is a made-up story with no substance; MAN is made in GOD'S image.

How dare you limit a God of Creation capable of ordering a universe and causing his most precious creations to be a mud sculpture and a rib-bone birthed in sin.

There is a whole nation of people who have strength of will, and family and tradition consciousness who have it handed down that the Adam and Eve story is the truth.

How dare you limit God to using some stupid story that you concoct rather than the true story of how He did it.

Mankind was made in God's image. Through Jesus and His work of salvation, mankind is remade in God's image. Don't toss it away by not accepting the perfection of Jesus.

Smiley

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:04:55 PM

Have you given up saying Christianity is based on fear?
Yes. BADecker has just confirmed Christainity is fear based. There is no need for me to continue pressing this fact. He done all the hard work for me.  Cheesy
He just just threaten me with the good old "believe or else" sketch.  Roll Eyes
You better learn about God and fear Him a bit. Even though He offers forgiveness, there will come a time when He will withdraw the offer from all those who won't accept it. And His power is way beyond the power of a big man who has a gun out of its holster. Don't tick God off if you know what's good for you.

1aguar

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:14:47 PM

Mankind was made in God's image.

You contradict yourself.

the Adam and Eve story is the truth
What you are telling me is that:
A God of Creation capable of ordering a universe [caused] his most precious creations to be a mud sculpture and a rib-bone birthed in sin.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: