Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:55:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901254 times)
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:38:05 AM

Your religion simply contradicts Bible religion.
What you mean to say is that "my beliefs" about what it means to "follow Jesus" contradict "your interpretation" of "the Bible"!
I have found those parts of the Bible that state the truth; you have determined that ALL of "the Bible" is the truth. Well, HERE IS SOME TRUTH FOR YOU:

JESUS SAID THAT GOD'S KINGDOM IS WITHIN YOU, not "here, God's Kingdom is here in the flesh in me, Jesus" or "there", for God's Kingdom does not come with observation (of history or events). He is telling you to join him on a higher level of consciousness.

Those who preach the ONENESS OF GOD and the brotherhood/sisterhood of humanity, These ones are blessed and true "prophets", the Peacemakers--whose guidance you must seek in your spiritual quest. Never the person--always the WORD!
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1aguar

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:43:06 AM

What? You won't believe it unless it is expressed exactly the way you want it to be expressed? Well, it's your own destruction.

I will simply not believe a false thing. If this doctrine of "savior or hell" is so important to you, there should be plenty of support for it, and it should USE THOSE WORDS BECAUSE THE MEANING OF WORDS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MATTER. You are wrong to say that I am deceiving others; I am attempting a reasoned discussion and I am not a false prophet by any definition. I perceive that you speak falsely. Why do you judge falsely and not take back what you have said?

Jesus says to follow his example, not to dump your wicked actions upon a man for that is pure selfishness and it is not "taking up your cross" at all. BELIEVE IT.
1aguar

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:55:20 AM

By the way, if your "faith" in "Jesus of the Bible" has "saved you", there is a very simple "test" that Jesus gives you in Matthew 21:21:

"If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done."

So I suggest that you do not hypocritically judge me for "not having faith" since Matt. 21:21 is the standard by which YOU will be judged!

You can read more about Jesus's miracles here in Phoenix Journal #12:
http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com/html/j012/
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:59:51 AM

What? You won't believe it unless it is expressed exactly the way you want it to be expressed? Well, it's your own destruction.

I will simply not believe a false thing. If this doctrine of "savior or hell" is so important to you, there should be plenty of support for it, and it should USE THOSE WORDS BECAUSE THE MEANING OF WORDS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MATTER. You are wrong to say that I am deceiving others; I am attempting a reasoned discussion and I am not a false prophet by any definition. I perceive that you speak falsely. Why do you judge falsely and not take back what you have said?

Jesus says to follow his example, not to dump your wicked actions upon a man for that is pure selfishness and it is not "taking up your cross" at all. BELIEVE IT.

Well, it seems that we have very different religions... at least in some ways. If you ever become a Bible believer, and post such in one of your posts, please say it right at the top, clearly, so that I don't accidentally pass the change by.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
1aguar

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:24:19 AM

We sure do have different perspectives; let me summarize them:
I believe 1) "don't judge" and 2) "follow the example of Jesus".
You believe 1) "judge against those who doubt/deny that Jesus has 'saved' mankind since they will 'go to hell'" and 2) "follow the Bible and ignore the protests of reason".

You claim to "follow Jesus" and to have genuine faith? Then tell us how many mountains you have moved. Let this be your lesson in non-judgment, BADecker for Matt. 21:21 is the "nail in your coffin". Take a look within before you hypocritically judge another; ask What Would Jesus DO? Would he submit to a worldly authority? Would he submit his reason to any authority that is not Heavenly Father? Would he idly discard a teaching before reading it? Or would he use the mind given by God to judge a teacher based on the FRUITS? God requires spiritual FRUIT, NOT religious nuts; YOU HAVE ALREADY JUDGED YOURSELF BY ATTEMPTING TO JUDGE ME WHEN YOU HAVE NOT "PASSED THE TEST" YOURSELF; LET'S SEE YOU MOVE A MOUNTAIN BEFORE YOU TRY AND TELL US THAT YOU HAVE GENUINE FAITH.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:34:02 AM

We sure do have different perspectives; let me summarize them:
I believe 1) "don't judge" and 2) "follow the example of Jesus".
You believe 1) "judge against those who doubt/deny that Jesus has 'saved' mankind since they will 'go to hell'" and 2) "follow the Bible and ignore the protests of reason".

You claim to "follow Jesus" and to have genuine faith? Then tell us how many mountains you have moved. Let this be your lesson in non-judgment, BADecker for Matt. 21:21 is the "nail in your coffin". Take a look within before you hypocritically judge another; ask What Would Jesus DO? Would he submit to a worldly authority? Would he submit his reason to any authority that is not Heavenly Father? Would he idly discard a teaching before reading it? Or would he use the mind given by God to judge a teacher based on the FRUITS? God requires spiritual FRUIT, NOT religious nuts; YOU HAVE ALREADY JUDGED YOURSELF BY ATTEMPTING TO JUDGE ME WHEN YOU HAVE NOT "PASSED THE TEST" YOURSELF; LET'S SEE YOU MOVE A MOUNTAIN BEFORE YOU TRY AND TELL US THAT YOU HAVE GENUINE FAITH.

I think I understand what you have written about your teaching. This is why I discard it. If you are wrong about what you express about your teaching, please let me know so that I have opportunity to further discard your teaching.

Thank you (Now I am using Bitnow's close  Cheesy ).

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:54:21 AM

Problem is you are using a few quotes from the bible that say what you want. And ignoring the ones that contradict it. Or trying to minimize it by saying it only applies to killing and torturing people. When in reality that exception doesn't exist:

Matthew 19
Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."
"Which ones?" he inquired. Jesus replied, "'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Loving your neighbor isn't more or less than the others. All those count. If you aren't a christian for breaking one according to you it's the same for the others. And the love of life you talk about comes from love of money too for example as jesus says later:

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

So rich people aren't christian either right? And everyone that doesn't sell their possessions to follow jesus.

You miss the point. The point isn't the idea of "keeping" the commandments once or twice or three times. The point is to keep them without fail all the time.

Lots of people never murder, even once in their life. Lots of people never commit adultery, even once in their life. Then it starts getting difficult.

Most people steal something now and again, even if it is only something little. Most people say something false about somebody else once in a while. Most people dishonor their parents once in a while, even if it is very slight. And nobody loves all his neighbors all the time.

Since everybody fails in some of these things, there is nobody who will be saved for eternal life, right?

Ah, but there is Somebody who kept all these commandments perfectly. It is Jesus. Then Jesus took all the punishment that God would have dealt out to all the people for all the wrong things that they had done. Jesus took it when He died on the cross. Then He arose from death, because He didn't even do anything wrong in His dying to deserve death.

Now, Jesus offers eternal life to all who believe in Him. Why do they have to believe in Him? Because God is entirely truthful. And the only way for you, a sinner, to obey the commandments perfectly is to obey them through Jesus, by believing in Him and His offer of eternal life.

Does this make sense to us? Somewhat, but not entirely. We simply don't think along these lines deeply enough to understand it easily. The thing that we CAN understand and do, is to believe in Jesus for salvation.

When the people asked Jesus what they needed to do to do the works of God, Jesus answered that the work of God was this... to believe on the One that God sent... namely Himself.

Smiley

You are making my point. Doesn't make sense to say they aren't christian because they commit sins. Everyone does. And there is no different sins you can and cannot do like he was saying. If they believe in jesus and the bible they are christians. With all the good and the bad that comes with it.
1aguar

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:29:40 AM

What you mean to say is that "my beliefs" about what it means to "follow Jesus" contradict "your interpretation" of "the Bible"!
I have found those parts of the Bible that state the truth; you have determined that ALL of "the Bible" is the truth. Well, HERE IS SOME TRUTH FOR YOU:

JESUS SAID THAT GOD'S KINGDOM IS WITHIN YOU, not "here, God's Kingdom is here in the flesh in me, Jesus" or "there", for God's Kingdom does not come with observation (of history or events). He is telling you to join him on a higher level of consciousness.

Those who preach the ONENESS OF GOD and the brotherhood/sisterhood of humanity, These ones are blessed and true "prophets", the Peacemakers--whose guidance you must seek in your spiritual quest. Never the person--always the WORD!

BADecker speaks for the corrupt churches when he denies reason and the teachings of his own book, he wants us to submit our minds to false stories and authority. He thinks he has a monopoly on truth and refuses to look at what jesus said, namely "god is within you, not here (in jesus) or there (in the bible)". Sorry brother, you have to be responsible for what you do in this world, that means that you use reason to realize that the Bible was written by men and that Jesus was also a man so if you worship and kneel before man, you do not honor god, god works through you and speaks to your heart, you have to get up off of your knees if you want to get somewhere worth going.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:04:42 PM

Problem is you are using a few quotes from the bible that say what you want. And ignoring the ones that contradict it. Or trying to minimize it by saying it only applies to killing and torturing people. When in reality that exception doesn't exist:

Matthew 19
Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."
"Which ones?" he inquired. Jesus replied, "'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Loving your neighbor isn't more or less than the others. All those count. If you aren't a christian for breaking one according to you it's the same for the others. And the love of life you talk about comes from love of money too for example as jesus says later:

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

So rich people aren't christian either right? And everyone that doesn't sell their possessions to follow jesus.

You miss the point. The point isn't the idea of "keeping" the commandments once or twice or three times. The point is to keep them without fail all the time.

Lots of people never murder, even once in their life. Lots of people never commit adultery, even once in their life. Then it starts getting difficult.

Most people steal something now and again, even if it is only something little. Most people say something false about somebody else once in a while. Most people dishonor their parents once in a while, even if it is very slight. And nobody loves all his neighbors all the time.

Since everybody fails in some of these things, there is nobody who will be saved for eternal life, right?

Ah, but there is Somebody who kept all these commandments perfectly. It is Jesus. Then Jesus took all the punishment that God would have dealt out to all the people for all the wrong things that they had done. Jesus took it when He died on the cross. Then He arose from death, because He didn't even do anything wrong in His dying to deserve death.

Now, Jesus offers eternal life to all who believe in Him. Why do they have to believe in Him? Because God is entirely truthful. And the only way for you, a sinner, to obey the commandments perfectly is to obey them through Jesus, by believing in Him and His offer of eternal life.

Does this make sense to us? Somewhat, but not entirely. We simply don't think along these lines deeply enough to understand it easily. The thing that we CAN understand and do, is to believe in Jesus for salvation.

When the people asked Jesus what they needed to do to do the works of God, Jesus answered that the work of God was this... to believe on the One that God sent... namely Himself.

Smiley

You are making my point. Doesn't make sense to say they aren't christian because they commit sins. Everyone does. And there is no different sins you can and cannot do like he was saying. If they believe in jesus and the bible they are christians. With all the good and the bad that comes with it.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying. Certainly, if your point(s) is(are) the truth, then I agree with you.

People are true Christians if they believe in Jesus, the God-man, for salvation in such a way that they will be saved. Just because a person says he is a Christian, doesn't mean he is one in the way that will save him.

One sin is all it takes to need Jesus. All Jesus was saying is that it is difficult for people who focus on things other than Jesus salvation to be saved.

Rich people usually get rich because they focus on it. Most of the time riches don't simply jump out and grab a person. But when they do, like an inheritance, or a lottery winning, the focus often goes onto the riches, off Jesus salvation.

What do you think?

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:12:18 PM

BADecker speaks for the corrupt churches when he denies reason and the teachings of his own book, he wants us to submit our minds to false stories and authority. He thinks he has a monopoly on truth and refuses to look at what jesus said, namely "god is within you, not here (in jesus) or there (in the bible)". Sorry brother, you have to be responsible for what you do in this world, that means that you use reason to realize that the Bible was written by men and that Jesus was also a man so if you worship and kneel before man, you do not honor god, god works through you and speaks to your heart, you have to get up off of your knees if you want to get somewhere worth going.

Don't you remember that Jesus paraphrased the place in the Old Testament where it says that we are gods if the Word of God comes to us?

If you think that Jesus was talking about the words of the Phoenix Journals as being the Word of God, He never spoke of it. Yet He frequently quoted or paraphrased the Old Testament.

If a person doesn't accept Jesus salvation, he will be dissolved in the Lake of Fire along with the devil and his angels. There isn't any Godness in that.

This means that there is only Godness in those who are alive with Jesus and the Father, having the Holy Spirit in themselves so that they DO have Godness. And if a person has the Holy Spirit in himself so that he believes in Jesus salvation already, he is a god, even in this life.

Smiley

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:38:25 PM

I am an atheist but i dont hate religion. I dont like the people who use religion to further their destructive and/or manipulative agendas and to combat them i feel a need to debunk religion.

one of my favorite quotes is "If I was the Devil I would come to Earth and make the Christian Church exactly what it is today"
1aguar

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:01:45 AM

No need to respond to my arguments above, BADecker, just go on your merry judgmental way posting more garbage; I really tire of it and that is why you are on my ignore list, but I have a few minutes to reply to you right now...

Don't you remember that Jesus paraphrased the place in the Old Testament where it says that we are gods if the Word of God comes to us?

If you think that Jesus was talking about the words of the Phoenix Journals as being the Word of God, He never spoke of it. Yet He frequently quoted or paraphrased the Old Testament.
Oh, so now you claim that GOD did not send more messengers? You say that only the OT and NT prophets are legitimate? That Jesus has no more lessons to give us besides the tampered writings now in existence? How would you KNOW that? By NOT READING??

If a person doesn't accept Jesus salvation, he will be dissolved in the Lake of Fire along with the devil and his angels. There isn't any Godness in that.
You are wrong about that; educated Christians disagree with you; by all means post your rebuttal here:
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell

This means that there is only Godness in those who are alive with Jesus and the Father, having the Holy Spirit in themselves so that they DO have Godness. And if a person has the Holy Spirit in himself so that he believes in Jesus salvation already, he is a god, even in this life.
YOU ARE A GOD? THEN TELL US HOW MANY MOUNTAINS YOU HAVE MOVED.
1aguar

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:15:34 AM

One sin is all it takes to need Jesus. All Jesus was saying is that it is difficult for people who focus on things other than Jesus salvation to be saved.

Jesus said "repent" and "follow my example", he never said "dump your wicked actions upon me; Jesus gives you salvation".

What in the world is meant by "Jesus salvation"? "Just believe and be saved"?? This doctrine is not Biblical and here is the PROOF:

JESUS SAID THAT GOD'S KINGDOM IS WITHIN YOU, not "here, God's Kingdom is here in the flesh in me, Jesus" or "there (where Jesus is going)", for God's Kingdom does not come with observation (of history or events). He is telling you to join him on a higher level of consciousness.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:26:53 AM

I am an atheist but i dont hate religion. I dont like the people who use religion to further their destructive and/or manipulative agendas and to combat them i feel a need to debunk religion.

I am an atheist, and I hate organized religions (such as Wahhabi Islam, Evangelical and Catholic Christianity) which behave like cabals or mafias. Rather than blaming the people who use religion for their own advantage, we should blame the people who created this stupidity in the first place. A world without organized religion will be more peaceful and calm.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:25:44 PM

Why do atheists not believe in God?

They have not searched for the truth with all of their heart. Many of them think the truth can be found from scientists, but some scientists have joined the scientism religion which means they will cling to their beliefs in the face of new data that shows it's wrong.

There are plenty of examples of this, such theories about there being no aether, the axis of evil that seems to conclude we're the center of the universe, not randomly placed here, etc.

So, if scientists will cling to their theories when the evidence doesn't show it to be true, that seems like a religion, to me. Not all scientists do this of course, only those who do should be labeled a part of scientism.

They believe in humans, over experiences. They will trust a scientist and believe they weren't lied to, over the their own experiences or their own trials/experiments, over their own theories.

People go along with authority and place these scientists and science books and science channels above themselves. They are ok with taking in what they hear without ever questioning it. They believe they can learn all the basics from them without questioning the data.

There was a study once done on children and sexuality from Dr. Alfred C. Kinsey, there's even the Kinsey Institute today named after him.

"...Kinsey is widely regarded as the first major figure in American sexology; his research is cited as having paved the way for a deeper exploration into sexuality among sexologists and the general public, and as having liberated female sexuality.[21][22] For example, Kinsey's work disputed the notions that women generally are not sexual and that female orgasms experienced vaginally are superior to clitoral orgasms...." (wiki)

He was pretty famous, made the cover of Time, etc. His works paved the way for the porn industry, and our sex ed classes.

But he used prostitutes for his general womens sexuality, and prison inmates and asking them on their homosexual relations, as if that was a good sampling of men in the general public, and of course he paid pedophiles to rape young children for his studies on children's sexuality. There's an excellent video on it here:  Alfred Kinsey - Sexual revolution

So I think it's safe to say we shouldn't always take researchers words on the way studies are done or how important the findings are if it's not a good sampling. Of course our culture is now based on his ideas.

Most men and women do not know who they are. Our society has brainwashed us with ideas like the hyper sexuality of today is natural.

Since people are brainwashed as they grow up into thinking some sins that they want to do are normal, and what people are born to do, they think there's nothing wrong with it.

People these days grow up thinking there's nothing wrong with sin, society says so, and they know religions may tell you not to do it, because it's "wrong", but they want to sin, so they believe society and the scientists and stars of hollywood or reality shows, who all say it's totally natural, do what you feel like (which is actually the only rule for satanism).

People don't want to be labeled as ignorant, stupid, backwards thinking, or crazy, like they believe people who believe in a God are.

So they never ask, with the innocence of a child who hasn't been brainwashed, what is really going on here? What's life all about, is their a God?

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 'I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.'

Those who do not look, will never find. You don't know yourself (you see your sin and temptations as you, but they're not who you are), you don't know the Lord (because you haven't looked for Him with your whole heart), so you hate and despise the Lord but love yourself. (because you give in to sin and believe the lie that it's the way you were meant to be).

Jesus didn't come to judge the world, our sin already judges us. He came to save us from our sin.

John 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." 33 They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, 'You will become free '?" 34 Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 35 "The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. 36 "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.
Watoshi

Activity: 511

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:43:33 PM

Atheists were just jealous on Priests that can touch those underage boys and girls.

Toqqn.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

10Mil Bounty
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:47:22 PM

I am an atheist, and I hate organized religions (such as Wahhabi Islam, Evangelical and Catholic Christianity) which behave like cabals or mafias. Rather than blaming the people who use religion for their own advantage, we should blame the people who created this stupidity in the first place. A world without organized religion will be more peaceful and calm.

Well, I guess that adults that have imaginary friends must be stupid. There seems no way around that.

Organized religion is basically a protection racket. You play ball (which of course includes money, it´s always very much about money) or go to hell. In our time they can´t use coercion such as torture and murder anymore so of course it´s a dying scam.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 07:50:45 PM

Why do atheists not believe in God?

They have not searched for the truth with all of their heart. Many of them think the truth can be found from scientists, but some scientists have joined the scientism religion which means they will cling to their beliefs in the face of new data that shows it's wrong.

There are plenty of examples of this, such theories about there being no aether, the axis of evil that seems to conclude we're the center of the universe, not randomly placed here, etc.

So, if scientists will cling to their theories when the evidence doesn't show it to be true, that seems like a religion, to me. Not all scientists do this of course, only those who do should be labeled a part of scientism.

They believe in humans, over experiences. They will trust a scientist and believe they weren't lied to, over the their own experiences or their own trials/experiments, over their own theories.

People go along with authority and place these scientists and science books and science channels above themselves. They are ok with taking in what they hear without ever questioning it. They believe they can learn all the basics from them without questioning the data.

There was a study once done on children and sexuality from Dr. Alfred C. Kinsey, there's even the Kinsey Institute today named after him.

"...Kinsey is widely regarded as the first major figure in American sexology; his research is cited as having paved the way for a deeper exploration into sexuality among sexologists and the general public, and as having liberated female sexuality.[21][22] For example, Kinsey's work disputed the notions that women generally are not sexual and that female orgasms experienced vaginally are superior to clitoral orgasms...." (wiki)

He was pretty famous, made the cover of Time, etc. His works paved the way for the porn industry, and our sex ed classes.

But he used prostitutes for his general womens sexuality, and prison inmates and asking them on their homosexual relations, as if that was a good sampling of men in the general public, and of course he paid pedophiles to rape young children for his studies on children's sexuality. There's an excellent video on it here:  Alfred Kinsey - Sexual revolution

So I think it's safe to say we shouldn't always take researchers words on the way studies are done or how important the findings are if it's not a good sampling. Of course our culture is now based on his ideas.

Most men and women do not know who they are. Our society has brainwashed us with ideas like the hyper sexuality of today is natural.

Since people are brainwashed as they grow up into thinking some sins that they want to do are normal, and what people are born to do, they think there's nothing wrong with it.

People these days grow up thinking there's nothing wrong with sin, society says so, and they know religions may tell you not to do it, because it's "wrong", but they want to sin, so they believe society and the scientists and stars of hollywood or reality shows, who all say it's totally natural, do what you feel like (which is actually the only rule for satanism).

People don't want to be labeled as ignorant, stupid, backwards thinking, or crazy, like they believe people who believe in a God are.

So they never ask, with the innocence of a child who hasn't been brainwashed, what is really going on here? What's life all about, is their a God?

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 'I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.'

Those who do not look, will never find. You don't know yourself (you see your sin and temptations as you, but they're not who you are), you don't know the Lord (because you haven't looked for Him with your whole heart), so you hate and despise the Lord but love yourself. (because you give in to sin and believe the lie that it's the way you were meant to be).

Jesus didn't come to judge the world, our sin already judges us. He came to save us from our sin.

John 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." 33 They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, 'You will become free '?" 34 Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 35 "The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. 36 "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

That's OT.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:53:45 PM

No need to respond to my arguments above, BADecker, just go on your merry judgmental way posting more garbage; I really tire of it and that is why you are on my ignore list, but I have a few minutes to reply to you right now...

Oh, so now you claim that GOD did not send more messengers? You say that only the OT and NT prophets are legitimate? That Jesus has no more lessons to give us besides the tampered writings now in existence? How would you KNOW that? By NOT READING??

You are wrong about that; educated Christians disagree with you; by all means post your rebuttal here:
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell

YOU ARE A GOD? THEN TELL US HOW MANY MOUNTAINS YOU HAVE MOVED.

Having troubles, aren't you. By your own teaching, if I follow the new commandment, to love my neighbor as myself, then I have the strength to be like a god. Then, if I as a god, attribute my godness to Jesus salvation, Jesus has been lifted higher than other people by me. And since there are millions of God fearing, right acting, new commandment loving, Christians who attribute their salvation to Jesus, then they along with me lift Jesus higher than all others. Thus, even by your own law, Jesus is the Savior, because by your law we have made Him the Savior.    Cheesy

The point? Bible teaching stands above all else. Even your own teaching suggests this by the above logic. Jesus is God. Jesus is Lord. Jesus is Savior.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:56:34 PM

A world without organized religion would be a world without science and atheism.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: