Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268517 times)
dbolivar

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:32:14 AM

@leonArdo team, two suggestions to avoid problems with fake/pirated leonArdo versions, and/or corrupted downloads:

1) Publish the hashes (SHA256?) of the installers in the download section. I know the build changes when new keys are added, but keeping at least the most current hashes would help, i.e. someone who downloads it can check the hash right away to make sure it's not corrupted, and you can internally keep a history of the hashes for each build, if necessary to check a particular case.

2) Digitally sign the installers. It would avoid fake/pirated versions.

Am I the only one that has a probelm with some Leonardo files ringing all the  bells with the antivirus ?

I am on Win (7), and all my antivirus software (avast, msft, nalwarebytes etc) are panicking on one particular file "1.exe" that is sitting in my "%user\appdata\roaming" dir which it seems to be affected by the "win32:Malware-gen" virus/trojan.

I noticed this file is part of the leonardo installation package and it is created when Leonardo installs itself.

What is this file? Why it is there ? Is it ok to delete it ?

I run leonardo in a virtualbox just to be on the safe side, but I would like to have some assurance from the developers or other users.

TIA

Hi,

are you sure you downloaded leonArdo from our official website?

All the best,

Rene

Yes quite sure.  I bought the copy and it is running on my exchanger fine. 

I ran the demo for a while (still downloaded from marginsoftware site), and then bought it. Once my API were set i redownloaded anew. I even clicked directly the link in the confirmation email, so no chanche of spoofing  website.

If you want I can send you the  file I downloaded  so you can check yourself.

Shall I get in  contact support with this info ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xenothan

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:43:56 AM

Hi Team!

I am really enjoying your bot, but there is one thing I can't seem to figure out or see if it's possible. With the margin maker strategy, how do you set it so that when it sell for a profit, that the next buy increases or uses the profit you just made?

This would be a great way to make compounded gains. If anyone has any ideas on how to achieve this or if the feature exists, please share
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:50:48 AM

@leonArdo team, two suggestions to avoid problems with fake/pirated leonArdo versions, and/or corrupted downloads:

1) Publish the hashes (SHA256?) of the installers in the download section. I know the build changes when new keys are added, but keeping at least the most current hashes would help, i.e. someone who downloads it can check the hash right away to make sure it's not corrupted, and you can internally keep a history of the hashes for each build, if necessary to check a particular case.

2) Digitally sign the installers. It would avoid fake/pirated versions.

Am I the only one that has a probelm with some Leonardo files ringing all the  bells with the antivirus ?

I am on Win (7), and all my antivirus software (avast, msft, nalwarebytes etc) are panicking on one particular file "1.exe" that is sitting in my "%user\appdata\roaming" dir which it seems to be affected by the "win32:Malware-gen" virus/trojan.

I noticed this file is part of the leonardo installation package and it is created when Leonardo installs itself.

I run leonardo in a virtualbox just to be on the safe side, but I would like to have some assurance from the developers or other users.

TIA

Hi,

All the best,

Rene

I ran the demo for a while (still downloaded from marginsoftware site), and then bought it. Once my API were set i redownloaded anew. I even clicked directly the link in the confirmation email, so no chanche of spoofing  website.

Thanks dbolivar.

We will do this! We used to sign the windows binary using DigiCert and we will do it again now.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:58:22 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 11:28:37 PM by conspirosphere.tk

If leonArdo could support Therocktrading.com and Vaultoro.com I would appreciate it very much.

Edit: even a calculation of the aggregate net gain/loss of all operations performed in each market in a given period would be cool.
rothcom65

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:16:39 PM

Hi,

Thanks for making a good software at a very affordable price.

I have been running Leonardo on my mining machine for the past 3 days, seems very promising when it keeps buying low and sell high ( Margin maker strategy).
So quick questions:

@Any advice on the "statistic interval"? 3, 6h ,12h ,24 hours ...Which one gonna be the safest bet for my money?
@Is there any way I can keep track on the daily profit?

Thank you very much.

Rothco.
gnoe

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:44:43 AM

Hi,

is the use of Min eff.sell gain & Min eff.buy gain on Bollinger strategy, similar with Min. effective gain on Margin Maker.
Meaning that negative values with small losses, helps bot follow the trend ?

Thanks
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:45:59 AM

Quick update Wink

leonArdo-linux-3.7.8-b12118297 Running separate instances for each exchange (as is do usually for a while).

On bitfinex with 15 open pairs, only one margin maker running for about 3 to 5 days or so.
After stopping the margin maker, leonArdo terminates very quickly. It's a bit hard to repeat to get this to happen (and so to log it).
Maybe some problem which accumulates over time? Dunno. Wink
Additionally, at some time it seems a strategy gets stuck at changing it's state from buy to sell or vice versa. I need to stop it (which often goes w/o a crash) and then restart it to have it working again. Sadly, at that point often leonArdo lost already a lot of stability and a crash can be expected soon.

On bittrex, having 6 open pairs and no bots running at all.
leonArdo terminates after at least 2 hours of runtime. I've tried it to have it running with strace to log for the problem but that actually prevents it from happening. That makes it even harder to find the problem. Sad

On HitBTC, 2 open pairs, 1 to 2 margin makers running on these.
After 5 days of runtime, leonArdo gets out of sync with the API and stopped to recognize changed values in the wallets after an order get filled.

I still need more ways to have efficient/meaningful logging. What about Qts integrated logging facilities? I've seen that leonArdo looks for a specific ini file for the configuration of it but sadly does not recognize if i set that up for full logging (whilst other software i use gets very noisy in the terminal.. Wink)

Besides that; there is still the new usenet/google group i've created where we (users) can discuss these bug-reports, suggestions, best practices and such in separated posts to avoid having this thread cluttered with all of them all over. Wink

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/leonardo-users

Greetings

Hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
m.otion

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:54:24 PM

I am selling my licence, since I didn't really get into this whole thing.

$200, will arrange it with margin guys

Any takers?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:58:18 PM

Hi,

is the use of Min eff.sell gain & Min eff.buy gain on Bollinger strategy, similar with Min. effective gain on Margin Maker.
Meaning that negative values with small losses, helps bot follow the trend ?

Thanks

Yes, a neg. min effective gain allows for selling at a loss. Which allows to continue trading even in a downtrend.

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:00:35 PM

Edit: even a calculation of the aggregate net gain/loss of all operations performed in each market in a given period would be cool.

We agree. It is in on our todo list and would also love to see it Wink

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:05:42 PM

Quick update Wink

leonArdo-linux-3.7.8-b12118297 Running separate instances for each exchange (as is do usually for a while).

On bitfinex with 15 open pairs, only one margin maker running for about 3 to 5 days or so.
After stopping the margin maker, leonArdo terminates very quickly. It's a bit hard to repeat to get this to happen (and so to log it).
Maybe some problem which accumulates over time? Dunno. Wink
Additionally, at some time it seems a strategy gets stuck at changing it's state from buy to sell or vice versa. I need to stop it (which often goes w/o a crash) and then restart it to have it working again. Sadly, at that point often leonArdo lost already a lot of stability and a crash can be expected soon.

On bittrex, having 6 open pairs and no bots running at all.
leonArdo terminates after at least 2 hours of runtime. I've tried it to have it running with strace to log for the problem but that actually prevents it from happening. That makes it even harder to find the problem. Sad

On HitBTC, 2 open pairs, 1 to 2 margin makers running on these.
After 5 days of runtime, leonArdo gets out of sync with the API and stopped to recognize changed values in the wallets after an order get filled.

I still need more ways to have efficient/meaningful logging. What about Qts integrated logging facilities? I've seen that leonArdo looks for a specific ini file for the configuration of it but sadly does not recognize if i set that up for full logging (whilst other software i use gets very noisy in the terminal.. Wink)

Besides that; there is still the new usenet/google group i've created where we (users) can discuss these bug-reports, suggestions, best practices and such in separated posts to avoid having this thread cluttered with all of them all over. Wink

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/leonardo-users

Greetings

Hacky

Hi Hacky!

thanks for yout thorough testing. We appreciate it! The logs right after the crash would also help.
Can you confirm that you are not seeing any crashes when running it with strace?
And does it crash right after stopping the strategy? Or a couple sec, minutes later?

All the best,

Rene

dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:16:09 AM

TIA

Hi,

All the best,

Rene

Avast flags it as potential threat, you can allow through avast firewall preferences, each new version does it. I submit it to avast as a safe program, it returns a day later saying all is well in wonderland, and that it has been added to the database.

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
rothcom65

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:57:54 AM

We agree. It is in on our todo list and would also love to see it Wink

All the best,

Rene

Awesome Rene,

I am looking forward to seeing that feature.
pflip

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:07:22 AM

Avast flags it as potential threat, you can allow through avast firewall preferences, each new version does it. I submit it to avast as a safe program, it returns a day later saying all is well in wonderland, and that it has been added to the database.

I did the same, but, as you said, every new version is the same story. MalwareBytes also recognizes as a potential threat.  I told both of them that it is  false positive. but apparently they don't believe me  Grin

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:36:22 PM

I did the same, but, as you said, every new version is the same story. MalwareBytes also recognizes as a potential threat.  I told both of them that it is  false positive. but apparently they don't believe me  Grin

Thanks guys! I also contacted avast regarding this issue.

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:35:01 PM

Hi,

I've been using this bot for a few weeks on windows mostly without issues, but I wanted to try to run it on a VPS so it could be always on.

After downloading leonArdo on the vps with ubuntu 16.04 when I try to run the sh file the terminal opens, outputs: running on ubuntu 16.04 and then opens the leonardo window.
The only problem is that the window is completely black and the cpu is 100%.

Am I missing something? or is leonArdo too heavy to even start on the vps?

Hi,

what specs (CPU, Memory, etc) does your VPS have and what software are you using to connect to the machine?

All the best,

Rene

CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:09:18 PM

thanks for the quick response!

I'm using xrdp to connect to a digital ocean droplet with 2gb ram and a 2vcpu(xeon e5-2630l)
QT5 takes advantage of extensions not available to all VNC servers.

One that is known to work is xvnc4viewer. (I am unsure about windows connectivity to it)

Be very careful about security my auth.log has tens of thousands of failed login attempts. If you are going to rely on your VNC password it better be a good one as most VNC only give you the option of 8 character passwords. Then if there are too many attempts the VNC will time out and you will not be able to log in until either the time runs out or you ssh into the box and kill the VNC (and your applications) to give you a chance to log in OR disable the counter which may work in an emergency but will make the box very vulnerable.

Optimally, setup your VNC server to disallow ssh passwords and only allow you to login via ssh through your public ssh key. I use Remmina to contact to the VPS through an ssh tunnel  looped back to  my localhost. The entire transmission is ssh encrypted and the vnc transmission takes place entirely through the ssh tunnel and all Remmina is doing is reading from localhost:PORT

Do not leave any unencrypted txt files on your server after you have added your keys to leonArdo. Encrypt them on leonArdo delete them from the server. Do not allow the browser to save anything especially passwords to your exchanges.

A few months ago a guy on the slack channel said he was going to setup a VPN. It seemed he only remembered the soundbytes he wanted to without understanding what he was getting into. Two days later he was on slack he said he setup his "windows" VPS and had been hacked, have not heard from him since. I thought at the time it was an inside job, it happened so fast.

This is why I have been so verbose about this, I want you to hang on to your coin until I have a chance to trade it from you! Wink

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
Kamese

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:10:39 PM

Im not entirely sure why this is happening, but it's been like this on every PC that I've put LeonArdo on, the words dont fit the box and I cant read what its trying to tell me or what the indicator is... Quite annoying

https://i.imgur.com/sUv3loS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7eqvg9u.jpg
dbolivar

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:54:25 PM

Excellent points @CTShaman. I'd like to add some more info which can be useful for people running (or planning to run) leonArdo on a remote server:

1. As you already said, I also would recommend xvnc4 as the primary choice (tried tightvnc before, doesn't work well).

2. xvnc4server worked great with a Windows client (Real VNC Viewer).

3. To minimize brute-force attacks, I'd suggest installing fail2ban, which is good for other services, too. Not the most straightforward setup, but there are tons of online howtos.

4. The remote server where I tested leonArdo was a Linode VPS with only 1 vCPU and 1 GB of RAM; performance was fine, about 30% CPU and RAM at most (but I wasn't running much more on that server).

thanks for the quick response!

I'm using xrdp to connect to a digital ocean droplet with 2gb ram and a 2vcpu(xeon e5-2630l)
QT5 takes advantage of extensions not available to all VNC servers.

One that is known to work is xvnc4viewer. (I am unsure about windows connectivity to it)

Be very careful about security my auth.log has tens of thousands of failed login attempts. If you are going to rely on your VNC password it better be a good one as most VNC only give you the option of 8 character passwords. Then if there are too many attempts the VNC will time out and you will not be able to log in until either the time runs out or you ssh into the box and kill the VNC (and your applications) to give you a chance to log in OR disable the counter which may work in an emergency but will make the box very vulnerable.

Optimally, setup your VNC server to disallow ssh passwords and only allow you to login via ssh through your public ssh key. I use Remmina to contact to the VPS through an ssh tunnel  looped back to  my localhost. The entire transmission is ssh encrypted and the vnc transmission takes place entirely through the ssh tunnel and all Remmina is doing is reading from localhost:PORT

Do not leave any unencrypted txt files on your server after you have added your keys to leonArdo. Encrypt them on leonArdo delete them from the server. Do not allow the browser to save anything especially passwords to your exchanges.

A few months ago a guy on the slack channel said he was going to setup a VPN. It seemed he only remembered the soundbytes he wanted to without understanding what he was getting into. Two days later he was on slack he said he setup his "windows" VPS and had been hacked, have not heard from him since. I thought at the time it was an inside job, it happened so fast.

This is why I have been so verbose about this, I want you to hang on to your coin until I have a chance to trade it from you! Wink
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:57:25 AM

Im not entirely sure why this is happening, but it's been like this on every PC that I've put LeonArdo on, the words dont fit the box and I cant read what its trying to tell me or what the indicator is... Quite annoying

One of the things you may try would be adjusting the font within leonArdo.
On the top right click on the thing that looks like a gear then select the fonts tab.

This should help with some things.

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: