Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:33:03 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3012800 times)
CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:15:41 PM

Does anyone know if it is OK to connect 2 of my modules from Jupiter 1 to Jupiter 2. I will move just the ribbon data cables over, so Jupiter 2 has 6 modules connected to it, but 2 of these are still powered by Jupiter 1 PSU.

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElGabo

Activity: 636

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:34:28 PM

Hey O'rama!

They should make a firmware which doesn't care about watts and other bitching.....

Just run as fast as possible (maybe if it needs proper cooling). I think lots of us can do proper cooling and don't care this time about watts, just the hash power.

And yes, apply this FW for your own risk....

Just an idea....

Yeah, but that would likely be a killer for the year long warranty given. Would be an RMA nghtmare bro...

By the way that "substandard cooling" you currently have is rated for 320 Watts;

http://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/products/cooling/cpu/freezer-30-co.html

It's way more than enough...

Yep, I think the same about RMA.

But you know, if you don't do, will do somebody else......

Just an other question: Will you use this machine for one year? (No offense, and I know it's in law and other blah blah)

But I think KNC won't RMA fired boards. If somebody kill it, dot it at your own risk. If i push the VRM-s with a screwdriver under load and after that I can smell a bit smoke will you RMA my board?

If I fry the board with a 3rd party firmware will you make RMA?

If I fry the board with HALF offical frimware with some overclocking wich was made by the engineers who made the machine but there is a HUGE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK after the dl link will you make RMA?

I think you know the answer, like everybody.

Still no offense, I like KNC and you, but it would be better some half offical overclock then non offical.

But it's just my opinion.....

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
CMMPro

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:51:44 PM

I don't understand this ram issue....my Saturn has been running 0.97 for at least a week straight without a reboot.
And I only rebooted it then to change pools.

It doesn't slow down, it doesn't increase errors....it just keeps trucking along at 284.5gh.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:03:29 PM

Hey O'rama!

They should make a firmware which doesn't care about watts and other bitching.....

Just run as fast as possible (maybe if it needs proper cooling). I think lots of us can do proper cooling and don't care this time about watts, just the hash power.

Just an idea....

Yeah, but that would likely be a killer for the year long warranty given. Would be an RMA nghtmare bro...

By the way that "substandard cooling" you currently have is rated for 320 Watts;

Just an other question: Will you use this machine for one year? (No offense, and I know it's in law and other blah blah)

But I think KNC won't RMA fired boards. If somebody kill it, dot it at your own risk. If i push the VRM-s with a screwdriver under load and after that I can smell a bit smoke will you RMA my board?

If I fry the board with HALF offical frimware with some overclocking wich was made by the engineers who made the machine but there is a HUGE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK after the dl link will you make RMA?

Still no offense, I like KNC and you, but it would be better some half offical overclock then non offical.

Logic dictates unless the coin price vastly increases, and if hashrate takes a beating than a year long warranty is sufficient. That said the genesis block is already being proven entirely incorrect.

In any case people will always demand an RMA and not mention how boards died. Sometimes it will be obvious, but rather they are the consequence of what was officially released.

I do not doubt mods will occur, it's inevitable, and if all our boards start mysteriously dying of a similar symptom not present in our own they will be inspected for signs of stress, and if found to have been consequence of unofficial modding, then obviously RMA will be invalid.

Latter revisions of boards will undoubtedly be pushed harder as we learn the loads the chip is capable of, the chip itself is not the issue, but the boards themselves will require supporting components to undergo continuous revision.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:06:31 PM

I don't understand this ram issue....my Saturn has been running 0.97 for at least a week straight without a reboot.

It doesn't slow down, it doesn't increase errors....it just keeps trucking along at 284.5gh.

The ram issue is created by the addition of unofficial mods that run simultaneous to the official firmware. They require optimisation. We have been in touch with the developer of those mods, as they are really useful, and we do want to consider supporting them, but in a means that does not deteriorate the long term performance of the product.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CYPER

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:07:49 PM

Does anyone know if it is OK to connect 2 of my modules from Jupiter 1 to Jupiter 2. I will move just the ribbon data cables over, so Jupiter 2 has 6 modules connected to it, but 2 of these are still powered by Jupiter 1 PSU.

Anyone?

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:11:55 PM

after weeks of board 3 (slot 4) being my hottest at around 74.5 it now has an issue with Output Current of 0.438 A
since today, board 2 (slot 3) is now hotter as it was during previous fw, however i have not had any hardware concerns until now.

is there a newer fw on the horizon that will sort this, or should i expect to incur losses upon losses?

After hours upon hours of rebooting, resetting, reflashing, re-enabling & reading (& waiting) i have a 40Gh loss in actual performance - shall i just reflash it and wait 3-4 more hours...?

is there a newer fw on the horizon that will sort this, or should i expect to incur losses upon losses upon headaches upon time wasted?
ElGabo

Activity: 636

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:14:08 PM

Hey O'rama!

Just an idea....

Logic dictates unless the coin price vastly increases, and if hashrate takes a beating than a year long warranty is sufficient. That said the genesis block is already being proven incorrect.

In any case people will always demand an RMA and not mention how boards died. Sometimes it will be obvious, but rather they are the consequence of what was officially released.

I do not doubt mods will occur, it's inevitable, and if all our boards start mysteriously dying of a similar symptom not present in our own they will be inspected for signs of stress, and if found to have been consequence of unofficial modding, then obviously RMA will be invalid.

Latter revisions of boards will undoubtedly be pushed harder as we learn the loads the chip is capable of, the chip itself is not the issue, but the boards themselves will require supporting components to undergo continuous revision.

Yep, I understood... In this way you are correct.

But if you make a revision for the new machines and boards and you can increase the hash speed with better quality components there will be a lot of bitching from the early customers (investors) if you sell it for the non investors. (For example who payed in the 7 days.)

So you have to make a good decision how to solve this without hurt your investors (such as me).

I think you know what I mean. I won't be bitching for compensate or something but give a better product from "our" money wouldn't be correct.

I know, I paid for 400, i got 560. That's nice but I (we) took risk, the new buyers not.

Still no offense, just talk. (As you know now why I'm took the question how many box per day when you were at the open day)

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
AussieHash

Activity: 685

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:16:15 PM

No idea where all the missing network hashrate has been the past 8-9 days, maybe NSA's computers were hacking DPR's private key, but it's back
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-lin-10k.png
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth-10k.png
https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:53:38 PM

Isn't 144GH/s per chip the maximum possible? I thought you can't push it faster because of the way it's built.

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2002

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 03:36:50 PM

The ram issue is created by the addition of unofficial mods that run simultaneous to the official firmware. They require optimisation. We have been in touch with the developer of those mods, as they are really useful, and we do want to consider supporting them, but in a means that does not deteriorate the long term performance of the product.

I am using stock firmware.

I do not recall whether I had the problem before 0.98 though. I am running 0.98 currently and it dies periodically. Sometimes cgminer dies, sometimes it seems the webserver must be what died. It picks something to kill when it runs out of RAM. No third party mods. Vanilla 0.98. I am not even ssh'd in to try to watch it happen, lst that use up precious RAM itself.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
btc_uzr

Activity: 434

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:41:28 PM

(...)

Yep, I understood... In this way you are correct.

But if you make a revision for the new machines and boards and you can increase the hash speed with better quality components there will be a lot of bitching from the early customers (investors) if you sell it for the non investors. (For example who payed in the 7 days.)

So you have to make a good decision how to solve this without hurt your investors (such as me).

I think you know what I mean. I won't be bitching for compensate or something but give a better product from "our" money wouldn't be correct.

I know, I paid for 400, i got 560. That's nice but I (we) took risk, the new buyers not.

Still no offense, just talk. (As you know now why I'm took the question how many box per day when you were at the open day)

I do not get your point.

Improvements take place in many steps, this is one of them.
You want KnC not to improve the hw any further ? Really ??

I can understand your point of view "I payed for initial funding, now the late comers have no risk and better products", but it misses the important aspect  that some 1st batch customers already have reached break-even.

Difficulty increases, so improved hardware is an advantage for yourself in case you consider buying again.
And I highly doubt that a Nov Jupiter will return same amount of coins as an October one; some GH/s for batch#2 more will not change it.

!! File Complaints Against KnCMiner NOW !!
..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:45:22 PM

Isn't 144GH/s per chip the maximum possible? I thought you can't push it faster because of the way it's built.

144ghs is the max based on each core running at 750mhz. if this was pushed higher, the hashrate could go way up.
chrono030

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:53:15 PM

Anyone?

I am sure you'll eventually try it, so let us know how it goes!  I am suprised you have a board that actually supports 6 connections, my day 1 jup only has 4.
btc_uzr

Activity: 434

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:57:54 PM

Anyone?

I am sure you'll eventually try it, so let us know how it goes!  I am suprised you have a board that actually supports 6 connections, my day 1 jup only has 4.

From what I've read about GPU rigs it should be possible, as this one is running with 3PSUs but one mainboard only
http://www.techspot.com/gallery/member-galleries/p4037-here-ya-go-supersmashb.html

!! File Complaints Against KnCMiner NOW !!
..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
CYPER

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:05:44 PM

Anyone?

I just did. 6 boards using all 6 connection, using 1 V850 PSU.

rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:18:26 PM

Anyone?

me too, it can work like that

Fishbones

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:22:34 PM

Anyone?

I am sure you'll eventually try it, so let us know how it goes!  I am suprised you have a board that actually supports 6 connections, my day 1 jup only has 4.

Good to know. Thanks for testing. I asked KnC support if it was possible and they said the firmware did not support 6 modules  Huh
What's the hashrate for 6 modules ?
davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

144ghs is the max based on each core running at 750mhz. if this was pushed higher, the hashrate could go way up.

...And Bananas could be Oranges if re-shaped, re-colored and re-flavored.  Smiley

Yes, some units could run faster, some would run slower and others would not run at all.

You have to look at this the same way you would look at PC overclocking...  You have to margin out the processor for best performance, error free performance and most efficient. then you could make a decision as to whether overclocking would be beneficial on your machine with a greater or lesser clock rate -- and perhaps greater or lesser voltage applied to the processor. The you would have to determine if the cooling were still adequate.

The reason some machine might perform better at a lower clock rate is if they were running with hardware errors that would be resolved by a slightly slower clock rate -- you have to look at total throughput.

The after all is said and done -- you look at the additional (or lower) power draw and see if you have better efficiency -- i.e. more earnings.

Finally -- running at the higher rates may actually damage the machine. If the damage would not be significant until after the machine has served it's useful mining life then a decision is easy.

Everything is a risk -- doing nothing -- or doing everything possible -- or a compromise.

All the decisions and non-decisions carry risk...

...Or you can flip coins and take chances.

PS:  I think TexasLabRat is giving a pretty sensible approach to the power supply issue.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:33:49 PM

Knc miners

Sold out
Pages: « 1 ... 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.