Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 03:42:25 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3006722 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:34:54 AM

anyone see advantage buy upgrade for saturn? or is waste money
the difficulty will increase and companies to stay with our money

My estimation is that you can make about 4.6 BTC extra with one upgrade, so almost 2 BTC profit, assuming your upgrade starts hashing at the beginning of next difficulty adjustment.

The fact that BTC is at an historic high price makes this deal very attractive—because the price of the upgrade in BTC is low—so it is a good deal if you plan to reinvest BTC you already mined.

You should compare this to the price AVALON is currently selling it's four module miner 5.5 BTC for 110 GH/s at 750 W (twice as expensive for less hashrate and around 4 times the power consumption)

I think it is pretty clear that the ones that keep saying 'not worth it to buy miners!! any miners!!' are the ones not wanting anyone ELSE to buy miners because if they didn't care to buy why on earth would they hang out and try to save everyone money? Every hour they remind you not to buy miners.

Not even your Mother would try to help you save money that much

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ffernandex

Activity: 143

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:42:48 AM

anyone see advantage buy upgrade for saturn? or is waste money
the difficulty will increase and companies to stay with our money

My estimation is that you can make about 4.6 BTC extra with one upgrade, so almost 2 BTC profit, assuming your upgrade starts hashing at the beginning of next difficulty adjustment.

The fact that BTC is at a historic high price makes this deal very attractive—because the price of the upgrade in BTC is low—so it is a good deal if you plan to reinvest BTC you already mined.

You should compare this to the price AVALON is currently selling it's four module miner 5.5 BTC for 110 GH/s at 750 W (twice as expensive for less hashrate and around 4 times the power consumption)

I think it is pretty clear that the ones that keep saying 'not worth it to buy miners!! any miners!!' are the ones not wanting anyone ELSE to buy miners because if they didn't care to buy why on earth would they hang out and try to save everyone money? Every hour they remind you not to buy miners.

Not even your Mother would try to help you save money that much

Well, there's some truth on what you say, but they have been right most of the time until now, as almost all preorders deals (including our own preorders with KNC) have fallen short of making profit in BTC. And I'm sure that those buying Cointerra's or other preorders to come will find that true as well. The difference with these upgrades is that they are ready (or almost ready) to ship, so the error margin when making the estimations is lower.

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:23:29 AM

My Aussie Friend has a Jupiter still in his cart, and was wondering if he was able to pay the invoice within a few days, if the order is still available?... Even though the miner page says "sold out"... the cart looks to still be in order...  ?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DPoS

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:25:26 AM

My Aussie Friend has a Jupiter still in his cart, and was wondering if he was able to pay the invoice within a few days, if the order is still available?... Even though the miner page says "sold out"... the cart looks to still be in order...  ?

I tried today.. had one too but the page just loops and never puts it into cart's next page

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:27:04 AM

I tried today.. had one too but the page just loops and never puts it into cart's next page
It has already been in the cart for a few days....and shows as "New" on "My Orders" page..but hasn't paid for it yet...  
You have same??

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DPoS

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:32:07 AM

It has already been in the cart for a few days....and shows as "New" on "My Orders" page..but hasn't paid for it yet...   you same??

Mine showed in top right as 1 item in cart.. i went to it and tried to pay but it just kept refreshing back to it in cart ..  maybe you get lucky?

I already cleared it out so cant try now

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:06:35 AM

There is still no sign of a fix for the out of memory condition killing cgminer. I wouldn't be pleased to have a nice shiny new november order Jupiter dying periodically for such a simple well known reason, losing hours sitting there waiting for me to wake up and notice because they neglected to include a watchdog to keep the thing running and/or neglected to ensure their software fit into the amount of RAM they saw fit to build into the unit...

-MarkM-

I believe the issue there is/was while using Bertmod, the ram is otherwise sufficient.
It has 512MB of DDR3
You have something else going on?

I agree with Mark there is a memory leak somewhere, on some machines at least.

I've had the best luck with running cgminer 3.7.2 manually after killing the one that comes with the knc firmware, but even then after 3 days free memory has dropped 100MB, from 250MB down to 150MB free, I haven't had it drop so low that it stops mining like Mark has, but I've seen it drop down to the 12MB free mark before I rebooted.
**BIFFA*** I think you "Hit the nail on the head"
This could surely explain the tapering down of speed after a reboot to such nice levels...

Also, someone mentioned earlier about staying off the status page helping out a bit...so far...I must agree.
No Putty, no GUI, just monitoring from the pool seems to help

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:07:04 AM

No you shouldnt. I guess this is one of the great miner fallacies, comparing mining hardware to each other rather than judging it by itself on its profitability. Its not because miner A is an even worse deal than  miner B, that the latter is a good deal.

disclaimer: Ive not done the math, so Im not saying these modules are not a good deal, just that it being better than other worthless deals doesnt make it a good one.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:40:24 AM

extra modules are a shit deal if your early pre-order september delivery arrived at the end of october and has no 'extra' connectors attached..

and besides - despite more than one miner doing exactly that, the f/w isnt designed to accept 6 modules....apparently... IF youre lucky enough to have them.

i wonder if the 4 un-needed VRMs will become necessary again.

now i also wonder if there is any correlation between 6 module boards and 8 vrm modules....

probably not eh?

im tempted to buy a couple just in case i ever need an RMA and dont want/deserve to be left 'getting by'
monsieur

Activity: 70

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:41:32 AM

No you shouldnt. I guess this is one of the great miner fallacies, comparing mining hardware to each other rather than judging it by itself on its profitability. Its not because miner A is an even worse deal than  miner B, that the latter is a good deal.

disclaimer: Ive not done the math, so Im not saying these modules are not a good deal, just that it being better than other worthless deals doesnt make it a good one.

Yes, that what concerns me. Even though the price per gh is very good compared to others. But assuming all goes the way it did, I will not mine back my btcs. If they accepted credit cards/paypal I would jump in as a decent indirect way to buy bitcoin with credit card. Everyone is talking about "better to buy bitcoins", but there seems to be no easy way to do it with credit card without ridiculous surcharges. BTW, if someone wants to sell me BTC at mtgox price via paypal, pm me. So, I am leaning towards not getting these modules.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:46:48 AM

BTW, if someone wants to sell me BTC at mtgox price via paypal, pm me.

No one sane would sell you bitcoins for paypal. THere is a reason you cant buy bitcoins for visa/pp. How would the seller know you wouldnt do a chargeback after receiving the coins ?
monsieur

Activity: 70

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:50:01 AM

BTW, if someone wants to sell me BTC at mtgox price via paypal, pm me.

No one sane would sell you bitcoins for paypal. THere is a reason you cant buy bitcoins for visa/pp. How would the seller know you wouldnt do a chargeback after receiving the coins ?

That's my point.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 1820

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 08:02:07 AM

o'rama,

Talk knc into using fiat for modules plz.

+1 lol

they canceled my order from Thursday last week without any information to me. it was wire transfer!

ohh man, will these ASIC producers never learn what customer/investors makes happy?

they are rich now, right? and where came the money from?

is their customer support still reachable via phone? got a scandinavian voice from tape which I did not understand quite well. is this a international company and where can I read the business hours of the company?

thank you!

EDIT:

Our second wave of shipment has sold out faster than we expected. We had aimed to sell from stock. However, due to the recent BTC price activity we sold.

what does this mean??
rampalija

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:10:21 AM

i sold some BTC via paypal, but only trusted ppl.

OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 08:11:38 AM

Orama, the selling of the modules tomorrow/tonight,

Do these modules come with the heatsinks, right? And the that special data cable we will need.

Heatsink, no, it's readily available, and not worth the shipping cost to you to have it globally couriered from Stockholm to country X. It's a heavy thing to ship for something that's approx £30 online.

Cables, PCI-E extension leads, screws, and that blank aluminium pieces that affixes the heatsink to the board, ya.

So what heatsinks can we use?

I'm not one for donations but if you must go ahead and I will keep you in mind. =)
http://payb.tc/omeganemesis28
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:23:48 AM

is their customer support still reachable via phone? got a scandinavian voice from tape which I did not understand quite well. is this a international company and where can I read the business hours of the company?

thank you!

EDIT:

Our second wave of shipment has sold out faster than we expected. We had aimed to sell from stock. However, due to the recent BTC price activity we sold.

what does this mean??

From 9am yes, from 6/7am, dependant on when you rang earlier, no.

It's CET time here, 6 hours ahead of New York (EST), and 1 hour ahead of London (GMT).

Cust Serv are allowed to sleep. They are also allowed weekends off. The rest of us, not so lucky, although I suffer from insomnia.

What the above means is media hype in the press caused a shit load of attention despite the fact we weren't trying with Adwords and some new peeps found out about mining, coupled with those that were set on waiting the pre-order game until a proven product existed. They ordered, stock sold.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:24:36 AM

Do these modules come with the heatsinks, right? And the that special data cable we will need.

Heatsink, no, it's readily available, and not worth the shipping cost to you to have it globally couriered from Stockholm to country X. It's a heavy thing to ship for something that's approx £30 online.

Cables, PCI-E extension leads, screws, and that blank aluminium pieces that affixes the heatsink to the board, ya.

Its a long thread, so I understand, but this has been posted several times.
Get the arctic I30, it's 35 bucks

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:31:32 AM

I'd imagine, the one in the huge picture I posted, after the huge pictures Cyper posted last night. Failing that, they are the exact same as the ones you currently have which are rated for 320W. Arctic Freezer i30, approx £25-30. Wink

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 1820

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 08:32:56 AM

thank you!

EDIT:

what does this mean??

From 9am yes, from 6/7am, dependant on when you rang earlier, no.

It's CET time here, 6 hours ahead of New York (EST), and 1 hour ahead of London (GMT).

Cust Serv are allowed to sleep. They are also allowed weekends off. The rest of us, not so lucky, although I suffer from insomnia.

What the above means is media hype in the press caused a shit load of attention despite the fact we weren't trying with Adwords and some new peeps found out about mining, coupled with those that were set on waiting the pre-order game until a proven product existed. They ordered, stock sold.

thank you, Bitcoinorama!

I ordered via wire transfer last week in the night from Thursday to Friday and yesterday they canceled the order. So, 1.5 business days to pay via wire transfer? This is not a good business code of practice! I still try to reach them by phone but no sucess so far. Just a scandinavian voice from tape.  Angry
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:33:55 AM

Question for bitcoinorama/KNC SUPPORT in regards to upgrade modules......

So I have a Saturn, and what looks like to be 4 controller ports/connections on the beagle board. During one of the firmware updates, I believe I tried one of those ports, but it didn't seem to run the chip board....so how do I know if my saturn can support 2 more modules, and if it doesn't, will they refund?

If there's a hardware issue with the controller boars, send it back and I'll replace it. Can you check, and confirm?

Pages: « 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.