Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:46:48 AM

BTW, if someone wants to sell me BTC at mtgox price via paypal, pm me.

No one sane would sell you bitcoins for paypal. THere is a reason you cant buy bitcoins for visa/pp. How would the seller know you wouldnt do a chargeback after receiving the coins ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monsieur

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:50:01 AM

BTW, if someone wants to sell me BTC at mtgox price via paypal, pm me.

No one sane would sell you bitcoins for paypal. THere is a reason you cant buy bitcoins for visa/pp. How would the seller know you wouldnt do a chargeback after receiving the coins ?

That's my point.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 08:02:07 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 08:17:53 AM by Gyrsur

o'rama,

Talk knc into using fiat for modules plz.

+1 lol

they canceled my order from Thursday last week without any information to me. it was wire transfer!

ohh man, will these ASIC producers never learn what customer/investors makes happy?

they are rich now, right? and where came the money from?

is their customer support still reachable via phone? got a scandinavian voice from tape which I did not understand quite well. is this a international company and where can I read the business hours of the company?

thank you!

EDIT:

Our second wave of shipment has sold out faster than we expected. We had aimed to sell from stock. However, due to the recent BTC price activity we sold.

what does this mean??

rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:10:21 AM

i sold some BTC via paypal, but only trusted ppl.

OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:11:38 AM

Orama, the selling of the modules tomorrow/tonight,

Do these modules come with the heatsinks, right? And the that special data cable we will need.

Heatsink, no, it's readily available, and not worth the shipping cost to you to have it globally couriered from Stockholm to country X. It's a heavy thing to ship for something that's approx £30 online.

Cables, PCI-E extension leads, screws, and that blank aluminium pieces that affixes the heatsink to the board, ya.

So what heatsinks can we use?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:23:48 AM

is their customer support still reachable via phone? got a scandinavian voice from tape which I did not understand quite well. is this a international company and where can I read the business hours of the company?

thank you!

EDIT:

Our second wave of shipment has sold out faster than we expected. We had aimed to sell from stock. However, due to the recent BTC price activity we sold.

what does this mean??

From 9am yes, from 6/7am, dependant on when you rang earlier, no.

It's CET time here, 6 hours ahead of New York (EST), and 1 hour ahead of London (GMT).

Cust Serv are allowed to sleep. They are also allowed weekends off. The rest of us, not so lucky, although I suffer from insomnia.

What the above means is media hype in the press caused a shit load of attention despite the fact we weren't trying with Adwords and some new peeps found out about mining, coupled with those that were set on waiting the pre-order game until a proven product existed. They ordered, stock sold.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:24:36 AM

Do these modules come with the heatsinks, right? And the that special data cable we will need.

Heatsink, no, it's readily available, and not worth the shipping cost to you to have it globally couriered from Stockholm to country X. It's a heavy thing to ship for something that's approx £30 online.

Cables, PCI-E extension leads, screws, and that blank aluminium pieces that affixes the heatsink to the board, ya.

Its a long thread, so I understand, but this has been posted several times.
Get the arctic I30, it's 35 bucks

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:31:32 AM

I'd imagine, the one in the huge picture I posted, after the huge pictures Cyper posted last night. Failing that, they are the exact same as the ones you currently have which are rated for 320W. Arctic Freezer i30, approx £25-30. Wink

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 08:32:56 AM

thank you!

EDIT:

what does this mean??

It's CET time here, 6 hours ahead of New York (EST), and 1 hour ahead of London (GMT).

Cust Serv are allowed to sleep. They are also allowed weekends off. The rest of us, not so lucky, although I suffer from insomnia.

What the above means is media hype in the press caused a shit load of attention despite the fact we weren't trying with Adwords and some new peeps found out about mining, coupled with those that were set on waiting the pre-order game until a proven product existed. They ordered, stock sold.

thank you, Bitcoinorama!

I ordered via wire transfer last week in the night from Thursday to Friday and yesterday they canceled the order. So, 1.5 business days to pay via wire transfer? This is not a good business code of practice! I still try to reach them by phone but no sucess so far. Just a scandinavian voice from tape.  Angry

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:33:55 AM

Question for bitcoinorama/KNC SUPPORT in regards to upgrade modules......

So I have a Saturn, and what looks like to be 4 controller ports/connections on the beagle board. During one of the firmware updates, I believe I tried one of those ports, but it didn't seem to run the chip board....so how do I know if my saturn can support 2 more modules, and if it doesn't, will they refund?

If there's a hardware issue with the controller boars, send it back and I'll replace it. Can you check, and confirm?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:35:03 AM

thank you!

EDIT:

what does this mean??

thank you, Bitcoinorama!

I ordered via wire transfer last week in the night from Thursday to Friday and yesterday they canceled the order. So, 1.5 business days to pay via wire transfer? This is not a good business code of practice! I still try to reach them by phone but no sucess so far. Just a scandinavian voice from tape.  Angry

I'd imagine with wire transfer the should be some leeway, if provable.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:37:14 AM

Is this a buy now or forever be unable to upgrade kind of deal?

Or can we upgrade our Saturns or Mercurys at some future date once all this rush rush rush hustle is over?

As part of why I only got a Saturn in the first place is I figured it would be maybe a few months before I'd get around to upgrading...

(Like maybe wait and see how things look once the november units have shipped...)

This hustle hustle hustle is kind of annoying.

-MarkM-

It's what's left of the stock after the initial RMAs, and ensuring enough exist for future issues. This is the chance to upgrade and in fairness it's for those with Saturns and Mercuries really, but those with any October shipment can purchase from 2pm CET today. No one with a November order should purchase, there is a board revision subsequent to learning how the components behave with one another better.

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:45:52 AM

With regards to the upgrades available later. Will these officially work with the 6 port Jupiters?

If yes, then I am assuming you will just need to open the case, plug the ribbon cables inside. Then slap on the right heat sink for the additional modules and leave these modules outside the case while connected to the main board

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:50:22 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 09:31:02 AM by Phoenix1969

I seriously doubt they will recommend or support adding to a Jupiter
you will at the very least need to fab a mounting plate
and get some kind of spacers for the bottom, as they did.
would be a fun little project.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:51:58 AM

Since the HSF is widely available I assume that any standard size cooler would fit, correct?  How about something like this?
http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-series-h75-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

Be sure to measure carefully.  KNC isn't using the standard 4 CPU mounting holes.  They are using a custom "bar" which attaches to the heatsink, it probably will not fit to every heat sink.  It may not work on anything except that specific heatsink.

Hmmm, that's not what I wanted to hear.  Sad

But maybe Orama can confirm.  The Corsair coolers come with plenty of brackets that fit just about any recent CPU.

Dude you own the unit, have a look. There is an aluminium bar that is indeed custom made to clamp the cooler down. There is just no need for watercooling as the the Arctic is not remotely stressed. The bar has pins you can snap off so it is completely flat and can be clamped down, but only the Arctic is recommended as it is rated to 320W, and we haven't, and don't have the time to try every heatsink in existence when we know this one is available everywhere for a very reasonable price and is more than anyone needs. If you do your own custom thing, it's on your head, warranty void, though no doubt some will, and it will be interesting to watch, but it is completely unnessessary. The design was ultra safe so as a chip that had never been handled could work first time, and did, so you got it before the competitors came to market, which is inevitable, although you have a while yet. As such the is no reason aside itchy fingers to want to change something that works, and is beyond your needs. The Arctic is a monster cooler, and chosen for it's ability to cope with a lot of heat in case there was any.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:53:50 AM

With regards to the upgrades available later. Will these officially work with the 6 port Jupiters?

If yes, then I am assuming you will just need to open the case, plug the ribbon cables inside. Then slap on the right heat sink for the additional modules and leave these modules outside the case while connected to the main board

Cheers

Officially these are for Mercuries, and Saturns. Unifficially...

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:44:00 AM

Cheers

Officially these are for Mercuries, and Saturns. Unifficially...

Err.. so unofficially these should work? Would be neat to have a unit hashing at 864G . I would probably call it "Pluto"

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
pletharoe

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:00:26 AM

But Pluto isn't a planet!

/trolling
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2084

Cashback 15%

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:19:00 AM

Regarding PSU and the popped caps on some of the earlier Saturns / Jupiters... I remember there being speculation about potential issues with Corsair PSUs, was this ever clarified (ie. it was the owners fault, it was the PSUs fault, production problem...) or is this still an unresolved mystery and there are some PSUs that I should stay away from?

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:08:51 AM

If I had a Jupiter and am thinking about getting 2 more boards to make it 6, I'll be worried about the controller issues and whether the BBB would be able to handle the load.
Pages: « 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: