Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:54:43 PM

Guys, due to the fact we underestimated the demand and oversold, we had to wait for the rest to be produced at the factory. Currently as you can see, they are being packed with all the auxiliary parts, then labelled.

As they sold out and were paid for in seconds, and there isn't any logical order of sale, we sat down and had a chat as how to best approach this, and to be fair to everybody that ordered within those 7 minutes, they are all being shipped at the same time on Monday.

This is sort of disappointing (though not unexpected) as I would have thought that these would be shipped out based on the order number considering that these were all paid with BTC (no wire transfer delays). it looks like I would be receiving the coolers before the modules

Hopefully the Monday shipments are on time

Cheers

Doesn't matter which arrives first, both are useless without the other. It's symbiotic relationship. Wink

We discussed this, but it's not like the June orders where some people paid further apart from others, and it's not like there is any significant reason for delay aside fulfilling what we have now inadvertently promised due to load on the site preventing Andreas from halting the sale. So we discussed what we felt was fair to everybody going forward, and that's giving everyone an equal chance of receipt. Deliver all at once. As you know you need to source and have heatsinks in hand regardless, so just chill for the weekend and play the otherside.

Personally I was a little annoyed by the way the sale was conducted. I think Mercuries and Saturns should have been given first refusal. I said this at the time...

The basic response was that they sold way more Saturns then sold upgrade modules, and we could always sell more Saturns if wanted from these boards, but upgrade modules were promised, they were never promised to anyone in-particular aside existing customers, and there is no way of approaching this without a great deal of headache, so it's simpler to offer it to every existing customer.

At the end of the day Jupiters are not officially allowed or supported to add unofficial upgrades, whether that is possible on boards without the six slot present is for you to find out. Most peeps know the answer to this though. No physical modding will be covered under warranty of course.

W.r.t. future board availability, perhaps, depends on yield rate, rmas, etc.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:56:51 PM

I got briefly excited when the fans arrived.

Where are mah modules!!1

Side note:  I can't tell a difference between the I30 and the A30.  The fan is on there really sturdy.
Wow. Complains about knc constantly and then buys a ton more of their goods. That's the definition of hypocracy. hypocrisy

Actually I'd say; complains about knc constantly and doesn't actually own any of their goods is the definition of hypocrisy...

fuck off dickhead!

So tell me, did you loose some coins?  Roll Eyes

You seemed so eager to support this venture: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=323084.msg3554645#msg3554645

Easy to see through BS when you apply some pragmatic reasoning and do a little research FUKT. Try it one day...

Grin Grin Grin

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:03:53 PM

again, when i bought a mercury i knew it was going to be upgradable, but not a one time fire sale that lasted 3 minutes and couldn't even pay properly. not cool. should have kept that saturn and jupiter order i made. oh well. chargebacks are fun!
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:06:32 PM

Exciting news, Cheers O'rama!

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:07:33 PM

@ anyone w/jupiter - what are you using for the 4th module with your V850s?

mine came with 3 'twin' connectors, so im using one connector 'twice' and it is HOT!

lemonte

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:16:44 PM

New PCB design was finalised last week, they are being made, they will be sent direct to the manufacturing facility, where the units will be assembled, tested and sent direct by courier. So production has started, but based on what i've seen from before, personally if I was a betting man I'd be looking at deliveries in the last week of Nov. I'm not personally being tied to dates, i'd just rather play devils advocate. This will move a lot quicker this time. The manufacturing run has been optimised and the staff have now all had experience in assembling these units. Marcus will be on site the entire time they are being made, I won't as i'll be heading to the London Bitcoin expo on the 30th, my homeground. Wink

That said, from what i've seen you're going to love what's been done to these new revisions. These make use of those 320w heatsinks a little more, so none of you will be going cold this winter that's for sure!!

Thinking about going down to the expo as well, I will let you know. Are you bringing over any equipment to show?

O'rama can i be an annoying bugger and ask about the reseller stuff again? Have the production facility been notified about the units people have earned via reselling, or will it be done manually by customer service? Sorry to ask!

CYPER

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:20:41 PM

mine came with 3 'twin' connectors, so im using one connector 'twice' and it is HOT!

Twin molex to PCI-E is one solution.
Or I read that you can use one of the CPU slots to plug an additional PCI-E cable there (if you have any), but do your own research for that as I cannot be held responsible for any damages.

Btw if you send an email to Cooler Master to request additional PCI-E cables they will be happy to send you some. I'm currently waiting 7 to arrive:

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:27:07 PM

New PCB design was finalised last week, they are being made, they will be sent direct to the manufacturing facility, where the units will be assembled, tested and sent direct by courier. So production has started, but based on what i've seen from before, personally if I was a betting man I'd be looking at deliveries in the last week of Nov. I'm not personally being tied to dates, i'd just rather play devils advocate. This will move a lot quicker this time. The manufacturing run has been optimised and the staff have now all had experience in assembling these units. Marcus will be on site the entire time they are being made, I won't as i'll be heading to the London Bitcoin expo on the 30th, my homeground. Wink

That said, from what i've seen you're going to love what's been done to these new revisions. These make use of those 320w heatsinks a little more, so none of you will be going cold this winter that's for sure!!

Thinking about going down to the expo as well, I will let you know. Are you bringing over any equipment to show?

O'rama can i be an annoying bugger and ask about the reseller stuff again? Have the production facility been notified about the units people have earned via reselling, or will it be done manually by customer service? Sorry to ask!

If you have resold, then your unit gets shipped after the last unit that reached 10 resells has been passed.

Yeah I'll more than likely have a November unit to show. It'd be pointless attending otherwise!!

lemonte

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:33:02 PM

If you have resold, then your unit gets shipped after the last unit that reached 10 resells has been passed.

Yeah I'll more than likely have a November unit to show. It'd be pointless attending otherwise!!

Thanks for letting me know, will that happen automatically? Sorry, I sound like an excited child just before Christmas, which is not too far from the truth really!

I'll drop you a PM closer to the time, would be nice to have a pint and a chat Smiley Thanks for the updates.

CYPER

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:37:09 PM

Let's see if I can make these work  Cheesy

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:40:12 PM

Guys, due to the fact we underestimated the demand and oversold, we had to wait for the rest to be produced at the factory. Currently as you can see, they are being packed with all the auxiliary parts, then labelled.

As they sold out and were paid for in seconds, and there isn't any logical order of sale, we sat down and had a chat as how to best approach this, and to be fair to everybody that ordered within those 7 minutes, they are all being shipped at the same time on Monday.

You underestimated that 200 upgrade modules would sell in the same day? Really?

I'd always prefer that you not say you will ship THIS week if you aren't going to ship until NEXT week.

Pay on the 12th, Ship on the 18th, Arrive on the 23rd if LUCKY

Time is money
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:40:40 PM

How you connect the extra ports to the knc board?
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:48:12 PM

again, when i bought a mercury i knew it was going to be upgradable, but not a one time fire sale that lasted 3 minutes and couldn't even pay properly. not cool.

^-- Agree with the spirit of that.

Orama, do you guys have any comment as to why the business model is to still take 100% payment for things which are in the distance for shipping? Why not a 25/75, 60/40, etc? I could understand a few days for handling time, but when you're talking weeks or a month, there's capital gains involved.

davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:00:27 PM

This is rather disappointing as I would have thought that these would be shipped out based on the order number, considering that these were all paid with BTC (no wire transfer delays). It looks like I would be receiving the coolers before the modules

Cheers

If they really want to be "fair" then why not first ship the units going outside the EU? I know that getting here to Canada took about 7-8 days -- although one day was a screw-up on our part -- I think.

Just sayin'  Grin

Cheers!

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:12:35 PM

Or I read that you can use one of the CPU slots to plug an additional PCI-E cable there (if you have any), but do your own research for that as I cannot be held responsible for any damages.

Btw if you send an email to Cooler Master to request additional PCI-E cables they will be happy to send you some. I'm currently waiting 7 to arrive:

Bless you, I'll email them immediately.

i saw the 2 molex - pci-e option in 2011 but not comfortable trying it on the jupiter

was curious what others are using - the twin method works but less than ideal, especially with an empty pci-e slot right thurr

what are you using to power ur extras, a second psu?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:16:51 PM

Thanks for letting me know, will that happen automatically? Sorry, I sound like an excited child just before Christmas, which is not too far from the truth really!

I'll drop you a PM closer to the time, would be nice to have a pint and a chat Smiley Thanks for the updates.

No worries bro, look forward to it. It's a free event btw...

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:18:48 PM

This is rather disappointing as I would have thought that these would be shipped out based on the order number, considering that these were all paid with BTC (no wire transfer delays). It looks like I would be receiving the coolers before the modules

Cheers

If they really want to be "fair" then why not first ship the units going outside the EU? I know that getting here to Canada took about 7-8 days -- although one day was a screw-up on our part -- I think.

Just sayin'  Grin

Cheers!

That's out of our control, but the fact local Swedes and Europeans may indeed receive modules even earlier if we shipped based on order number a daily amount is a large part of the reasoning to hold them back and ship all on the same day.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:19:40 PM

again, when i bought a mercury i knew it was going to be upgradable, but not a one time fire sale that lasted 3 minutes and couldn't even pay properly. not cool.

Orama, do you guys have any comment as to why the business model is to still take 100% payment for things which are in the distance for shipping? Why not a 25/75, 60/40, etc? I could understand a few days for handling time, but when you're talking weeks or a month, there's capital gains involved.

I don't follow sorry, please elaborate on what you mean.

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:23:23 PM

Bless you, I'll email them immediately.

i saw the 2 molex - pci-e option in 2011 but not comfortable trying it on the jupiter

was curious what others are using - the twin method works but less than ideal, especially with an empty pci-e slot right thurr

what are you using to power ur extras, a second psu?

I would not use PCI-E to molex adaptors for a jupiter. those were designed with the 75W PCI-E limit in mind, and a single jupiter ASIC draws far more than 75w
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:32:39 PM

I don't follow sorry, please elaborate on what you mean.

Some up front, some before delivery.  A lot of people lost buying miners @ spot prices 3x lower.
Pages: « 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: