Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
derekleong75

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:37:01 AM

Yeah, I really love what KNC has done and am eager to see what new beast they roll out. At the same time, it may come down to who can ship first..

While KNC has been working on their stuff, deliveries and all that there most likely have been other companies working on their stuff as well....miners hashing at 2TH or even more will most likely come from other companies then KNC. The problem is to find out which ones will be on the market first. Seriously, KNC's first top of the line rig was 580Gh/s. What could possibly be their top of the line 2nd gen model? I REALLY want to see an American company come out with something. I would definitely take the ride to check them out and pick up the goods, as well as a lot of other people would.

American company ....lots of people went and we're impressed with BFL trips butterflylabs and look how that turned out..you just never know

(still can't believe the BFL site with all the fancy pics/shoutbox/etc was a scam by never shipping stuff and the KNC site with LINE DRAWINGS of their miners was legit..go figure)

Searing

All's crazy in bitcoin.  But I'm glad I have this community to grow with through the craziness.
*lays back and sips on the wine while watching the blue led reflect off the floor from my Jup* Smiley
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:37:33 AM

Yeah, I really love what KNC has done and am eager to see what new beast they roll out. At the same time, it may come down to who can ship first..

While KNC has been working on their stuff, deliveries and all that there most likely have been other companies working on their stuff as well....miners hashing at 2TH or even more will most likely come from other companies then KNC. The problem is to find out which ones will be on the market first. Seriously, KNC's first top of the line rig was 580Gh/s. What could possibly be their top of the line 2nd gen model? I REALLY want to see an American company come out with something. I would definitely take the ride to check them out and pick up the goods, as well as a lot of other people would.

American company ....lots of people went and we're impressed with BFL trips butterflylabs and look how that turned out..you just never know

(still can't believe the BFL site with all the fancy pics/shoutbox/etc was a scam by never shipping stuff and the KNC site with LINE DRAWINGS of their miners was legit..go figure)

Searing

I'll say this again and again, most people just haven't spent enough time with engineers to know that some of them use 90% of their time on their craft and 10% promoting it and the rest do the reverse

compare Tesla and Edison

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:59:19 AM

Hey Bitcoinorama (or anyone really), Is the below a known issue with these miners?

I have a Jupiter that had 3/4 boards with the Die 3/4 DC/DC low current issue that temperature manipulation would not fix. My fourth board was perfect. I RMA'd the three boards and had a pretend Mercury for about a week mining along at 142Gh/s...When I received my RMA boards and installed them in my Jupiter (never touching the fourth board), my fourth and previously perfect board began exhibiting the Die 0 DC/DC low current issue. The other three boards work perfectly. This is with firmware .98.1 which fixed this exact issue with all of my boards previously since my miner shipped with .95 firmware.
How is it that one board can cause another to perform sub-par and act like it has a hardware issue? Could this be the root cause of everyone else's problems? Some boards for whatever reason don't play nice together?

Is KnC aware of this, and is it something that firmware can fix? Or is it just a game of luck?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:25:16 AM

Hey Bitcoinorama (or anyone really), Is the below a known issue with these miners?

I have a Jupiter that had 3/4 boards with the Die 3/4 DC/DC low current issue that temperature manipulation would not fix. My fourth board was perfect. I RMA'd the three boards and had a pretend Mercury for about a week mining along at 142Gh/s...When I received my RMA boards and installed them in my Jupiter (never touching the fourth board), my fourth and previously perfect board began exhibiting the Die 0 DC/DC low current issue. The other three boards work perfectly. This is with firmware .98.1 which fixed this exact issue with all of my boards previously since my miner shipped with .95 firmware.
How is it that one board can cause another to perform sub-par and act like it has a hardware issue? Could this be the root cause of everyone else's problems? Some boards for whatever reason don't play nice together?

Is KnC aware of this, and is it something that firmware can fix? Or is it just a game of luck?

might be the reason some people say sticker#1's were better boards (cause they probably only had one #2 board acting up amongst them..)
who knows..  I sent a #1 board back since it lost a die sitting around other #2 boards..  and never came back up even by itself

the miners could just be playing tricks on our minds

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:49:03 AM

Well, all of my boards have been stickered #1. I didn't even know there were other numbers. I guess that means orama was telling the truth when he said they don't mean anything. Sure has been the case with me anyway.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:51:20 AM

Well, all of my boards have been stickered #1. I didn't even know there were other numbers. I guess that means orama was telling the truth when he said they don't mean anything. Sure has been the case with me anyway.

they wouldn't just randomly put a number 1 sticker on the board for no reason....

orama saying "no reason" means "i don't know"
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:51:59 AM

My biggest concern now, is how long until the next pre-order!...
O'Rama....  can you ask for us...  a teaser maybe?

+1
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:10:23 AM

My biggest concern now, is how long until the next pre-order!...
O'Rama....  can you ask for us...  a teaser maybe?

Already asked, and he said no.

davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:11:06 AM

Searing
I'll say this again and again, most people just haven't spent enough time with engineers to know that some of them use 90% of their time on their craft and 10% promoting it and the rest do the reverse
compare Tesla and Edison

Until tonight that was a closely guarded trade secret. Best keep your door locked now. Grin Shocked

Cheers

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Tweak25

Activity: 30
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:39:39 AM

Hey guys,

Not strictly KNC related, but related enough 'cause I think a lot of October guys are probably in the same boat as me right now ... and 'cause I only really read THIS thread on bitcointalk. 

Anyway, in terms of fiat, I've broken even now if I cash out (this isn't about the semantics of that phrasing, btc vs fiat breakeven etc) - this is about the mechanics.

I'm canadian, so cavirtex.com is probably the preferred option, but I'm a dope, so I'm checking ... 'cause gox's price is higher.

Have any canadians here cashed out through gox and can tell me about the fees charged on the bank transfers?
/ cashed out through cavirtex and can comment on those?
/ can recommend some alternate that leads to the least amount of btc / $ leaving me on the cashout?

In short, can some people here talk about the best way to get my btc into fiat with the least amount of pain (pain being defined as loss in $ or btc)

I just want to cash out enough so I can say "at least I'm not out any money" if the price plummets, and hold the rest in the hope that it settles into a steady climb.

Thanks in advance
pvnamk19

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:57:23 AM

KNC should delay production and shipment of this batch till January, in my opinion. I think it will be a noble thing for knc to do towards small miners who just get introduced to bitcoin with Erupters and such.

LOL. are you serious or just trolling?

So knc should delay because you forgot to use a bitcoin mining calculator before buying a USB miner?

I have a November order, but I am willing to forfeit some income for greater good.

The grater good?  you want to break even on your usb erupter is not the Greater good.  If you want to do something for the grater good, send money to the Philippines appeal or some money for a Syrian refugee.  Helping someone get ROI on a product that is effective useless is not the grater good.  Sorry to say it but you should have done your homework before buying an obsolete device.  

If you want to mine something with this block erupter why don't you try mining PPCoin.  Im sure it's the best solution from here on in.  PPcoin has held fairly steady and once you have a few coins in your wallet for some time they start to mine automatically (Proof of Stake) without any mining hardware/devices

Just me sending money somewhere will have practically no impact. Knc agreeing to delay production will have big impact. Just imagine headlines: "KNC and its customers agree to halt production to protect the network". As the matter of fact, I am receiving a lot of PMs from classy November customers agreeing with me. So, Bitcoinorama, I think it will be safe to assume that the majority of November customers agree for at least a month of delay, and you can relay the message to your superiors.

Are you a Representative of KnC Nov. Batch Customers?
Poor your ideas!
davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:10:13 AM

Hey guys,

Not strictly KNC related, but related enough 'cause I think a lot of October guys are probably in the same boat as me right now ... and 'cause I only really read THIS thread on bitcointalk.  

Anyway, in terms of fiat, I've broken even now if I cash out (this isn't about the semantics of that phrasing, btc vs fiat breakeven etc) - this is about the mechanics.

I'm canadian, so cavirtex.com is probably the preferred option, but I'm a dope, so I'm checking ... 'cause gox's price is higher.

Have any canadians here cashed out through gox and can tell me about the fees charged on the bank transfers?
/ can recommend some alternate that leads to the least amount of btc / $ leaving me on the cashout?

In short, can some people here talk about the best way to get my btc into fiat with the least amount of pain (pain being defined as loss in $ or btc)

I just want to cash out enough so I can say "at least I'm not out any money" if the price plummets, and hold the rest in the hope that it settles into a steady climb.

Thanks in advance

We are debating the same issues.

As an aside while you consider the mechanics. You will have to confirm your identity many times over setting up any account of any worth. Cashing out in another country in another currency may raise unforeseen tax issues. (I have read many tax treaties -- so I am cautious.) MTGox originates in Japan but has US offices -- I think -- so where exactly would the account actually reside? I couldn't figure out that one point.

In addition, I suggest that you consider yourself a business for this venture and write of your power, office space and energy costs against the revenue generated.

Don't kid yourself -- you must declare this income -- and you have enough expenses right now to be roughly neutral for the year. A good tax accountant could probably put you on the edge of bankruptcy -- should you wish to present that appearance.

We are going to CAvirtex which seems like a more stable exchange. We might yet set up at MtGox -- but that's in the future.

Just saying.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:12:18 AM

you swaped the cables around to see if the problem follows the cable..just saying

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:03:05 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 07:23:33 AM by edgar

might be the reason some people say sticker#1's were better boards (cause they probably only had one #2 board acting up amongst them..)
who knows..  I sent a #1 board back since it lost a die sitting around other #2 boards..  and never came back up even by itself

the miners could just be playing tricks on our minds

Still suffering the same Die 0 DC/DC low current issue.

0.99 F/W made no noticeable positive difference.

Someone mentioned shoddy soldering/grounding recently, has that been confirmed at all?

waiting on Nov rig to arrive and check before requesting RMA - dont want to have to do it more than once!

V850 died after 31 days of proud service, replaced with aero cool - x-strike 1100w gold rated psu

no difference in performance at all - hope it will be enough for nov rig needs as the only local alternative is the v1000 platinum...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ1Mz7kGVf0&list=PL96675BDF95286773
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:48:17 AM

Just received my KNC modules and got them installed.

I wish the upgrade modules came with some screws to secure the board to the case. Not a biggie but irritating nonetheless.

Using stock Intel CPU coolers for the time being as my Arctic i30s haven't arrived from amazon and they're are much warmer.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:13:41 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

We are debating the same issues.

As an aside while you consider the mechanics. You will have to confirm your identity many times over setting up any account of any worth. Cashing out in another country in another currency may raise unforeseen tax issues. (I have read many tax treaties -- so I am cautious.) MTGox originates in Japan but has US offices -- I think -- so where exactly would the account actually reside? I couldn't figure out that one point.

In addition, I suggest that you consider yourself a business for this venture and write of your power, office space and energy costs against the revenue generated.

Don't kid yourself -- you must declare this income -- and you have enough expenses right now to be roughly neutral for the year. A good tax accountant could probably put you on the edge of bankruptcy -- should you wish to present that appearance.

We are going to CAvirtex which seems like a more stable exchange. We might yet set up at MtGox -- but that's in the future.

Just saying.

again I too am off topic but until this bit of dialog tapers off here.....I understand in the USA you only have to declare bitcoin if you xfer it to $$$$ otherwirse if you just keep it in bitcoin you don't have to declare it ...because ie you've not profited on it ....briefly w/o going into too much detail cause this is off topic is this true...(plan to hoard for a bit so won't have to address this issue if my above assumption is correct till next year)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:38:25 AM

From the very start there always has been, and still exist 'ghosts in the system', some hardware, some soft/firmware related which would be ironed if we had the luxury of an atypical 12-18 month post fab refinement period. As a metaphor these ethereal beings keep running up and down a corridor randomly closing doors (cores) we are trying to keep open, hence some that experienced die zero issues subsequently encountered the frustration of a previously perfectly working die 1,2 or 3 suddenly developing faults and failing to cooperate. Likewise, a variety of you are adamant one firmware, not necessarily the most recent works best for your particular machine, and cite the mantra "if it ain't broke...", for which I'm in full agreement with.

In addition, a few have acknowledged that certain aspects of the ongoing firmware improvements regulate the voltage in various ways, certainly that does have a decisive role to play with respect to keeping the majority of boards content, others have declared warmer boards are happier boards, albeit an increase in temperature is an obvious secondary effect of an increase in current supply being dissipated as heat. In essence though, each individual die operates optimally within an ideal voltage range that varies die to die, the firmware updates to date just attempt a one size fits all best fit, with such a blanket coverage offering a finite means of keeping the majority hashing happily.

The ideal solution is to tune each board independently of one another die, per die. So whilst luck has played a factor to a varying degree to keeping a larger population happy thus far you can at least gauge an idea of both the need and the function of the imminent tuning suite which could solve your problem, for sure that may yet not solve every problem, in which case obviously the option to RMA still exists. With that said logic dictates the ensuing question from those reading this will be when do you get your hands on this optimisation firmware I've previously mentioned. The answer is soon, and a matter of days, not weeks, it's testing is nearing completion whilst the team are split optimising this firmware alongside that of the November batch release...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:53:28 AM

I can understand KnC playing it closer to their chest for this release after all the hype and subsequent trials and tribulations around the October roll out they probably want to just do it a different way this time. But what was cool about the first batch was that it felt like you were more part of it with the pics and videos of the production run, you got a real sense of moving forwards of being part of something cool.

Thats missing this time round, and it would be great to get it back, is there any plan to release information regarding build progress? Some updates as to what stage the rigs are at or even some pictures or vids would be really awesome.

Just a thought.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:57:02 AM

From the very start there always has been, and still exist 'ghosts in the system', some hardware, some soft/firmware related which would be ironed if we had the luxury of an atypical 12-18 month post fab refinement period. As a metaphor these ethereal beings keep running up and down a corridor randomly closing doors (cores) we are trying to keep open, hence some that experienced die zero issues subsequently encountered the frustration of a previously perfectly working die 1,2 or 3 suddenly developing faults and failing to cooperate. Likewise, a variety of you are adamant one firmware, not necessarily the most recent works best for your particular machine, and cite the mantra "if it ain't broke...", for which I'm in full agreement with.

In addition, a few have acknowledged that certain aspects of the ongoing firmware improvements regulate the voltage in various ways, certainly that does have a decisive role to play with respect to keeping the majority of boards content, others have declared warmer boards are happier boards, albeit an increase in temperature is an obvious secondary effect of an increase in current supply being dissipated as heat. In essence though, each individual die operates optimally within an ideal voltage range that varies die to die, the firmware updates to date just attempt a one size fits all best fit, with such a blanket coverage offering a finite means of keeping the majority hashing happily.

The ideal solution is to tune each board independently of one another die, per die. So whilst luck has played a factor to a varying degree to keeping a larger population happy thus far you can at least gauge an idea of both the need and the function of the imminent tuning suite which could solve your problem, for sure that may yet not solve every problem, in which case obviously the option to RMA still exists. With that said logic dictates the ensuing question from those reading this will be when do you get your hands on this optimisation firmware I've previously mentioned. The answer is soon, and a matter of days, not weeks, it's testing is nearing completion whilst the team are split optimising this firmware alongside that of the November batch release...

Thanks.....appreciate you keeping us updated...I think we all agree on this as to this...you've been on top of keeping us informed as best you can.

on a side note ahem...

AS to when the TUNING SUITE comes out...ahem a *shoutout to Phoenix*

PHOENIX coward that I am ..if you as my personal tech MINION would check that out and tell me how *stable* it all is I'd appreciate it....I say this because within 5 min of it being downloadable you will be happily humming to yourself and tweaking away in *mad scientist mode* ...so be a good man and chop chop let us all know how it all works out (I myself will be sipping martinis in my newly purchased smoking jacket...as I watch bitcoin climb to 1000usd due to a very enthusiastic Chinese populace.....ah....to think last month *serf* that I was with not a one Bitcoin..now if lucky by the time the *tuning suite* comes out I'll have around 23.......(sips martini *slurp*)...its good to be me (at least briefly...till another 2011 drop heh)

(all is in jest....except the smoking jacket ..always wanted a smoking jacket) actually come to think of it there is a place nearby that does the little logo embroidery of a decal or symbol sewn into your item (sports bag or sports team etc) I should actually contact them ....get a gif of the KNC logo give it to them ..they use their embroidery computer  and put it on the smoking jacket..er maybe a baseball cap...that's the ticket) (*slurp*)

Searing

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:05:53 AM

I can understand KnC playing it closer to their chest for this release after all the hype and subsequent trials and tribulations around the October roll out they probably want to just do it a different way this time. But what was cool about the first batch was that it felt like you were more part of it with the pics and videos of the production run, you got a real sense of moving forwards of being part of something cool.

Thats missing this time round, and it would be great to get it back, is there any plan to release information regarding build progress? Some updates as to what stage the rigs are at or even some pictures or vids would be really awesome.

Just a thought.

Yes fond memories of delirium induced photojournalism via the torture of sleep deprivation throughout the kidnapping.

If I were going to the facility again I would certainly add more photos, but I have a few conferences to attend from next week right so I can't be there again. Marcus will be, but he won't be taking photos.

I certainly have more I haven't posted from before as I didn't want to bomb the thread, but they are from that initial week...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 ... 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: