Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:04:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 [916] 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 10:19:27 PM

Still waiting for hosted 39xx Saturn to go into production. Status: Paid. Not even a sing of burn-in on the configured BitMinter worker.

Just saw this on the list thread:
Hosting started, logon details received! Hang in there people, have faith!
Jupiter, order 38XX, paid for July 16th.
Here is hoping...

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:20:04 PM

[
little tired of proving everything for people...  

Well, to be honest, making goofy claims like 'hash rate goes down when the BBB is warm' w/o any supporting facts does not do a lot for your credibility.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
idee2013

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:20:15 PM

All the firmware's were run at least 24 hours without any reboot.
For that reason firmware 0.90 to 0.93 aren't listed.

Average CGminer270Gh/s274Gh/s280Gh/s284Gh/s
Average Pool275Gh/s263Gh/s278Gh/s (link)   283Gh/s (link)
Consumption485 Watts   305 Watts   313 Watts313 Watts
Temputure54 & 62°C42 & 47°C42 & 47°C40 & 44°C
Rejected1.5%0.22%0.38%0.48%
HW2.81%0.79%1.08%1.47%
WU3975/m3717/m3933/m4021/m

+1
nice review
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:22:23 PM

[

Well, to be honest, making goofy claims like 'hash rate goes down when the BBB is warm' w/o any supporting facts does not do a lot for your credibility.

re-read my posts..  i talked about lowering the fans to the crossbars for the asic chips/boards to lower temps 5-7C..  i never spoke of what you said but why should you go back and read anything right?

if someone takes something out of context and you believe it, I cant stop you

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:28:26 PM

soy, .90 crashed....and everything below .94 didn't work or help me...back to .95 square 1 again see what happens....

.90, knc if you are listening had great numbers for me, but not sure what why it crashed....

If they were to answer I'd guess they guess it's your power supply can't handle it.

soy, doubt it, its a cool master 1200 watts...should handle multiple saturns...what I think happens is the output current showed at over 50A for all chips cores....maybe it was too much juice there, need a firmware like .90 but that takes output current to like maybe 45A....
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:29:00 PM

[

re-read my posts..  i talked about lowering the fans to the crossbars for the asic chips/boards to lower temps 5-7C..  i never spoke of what you said but why should you go back and read anything right?

I have read this whole thread.  I can't claim to have memorized every post you've made, but I took this post:

I would be interested to hear what the theory is behind that "field experience".  On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous.  I have seen stranger things though, so I am not gonna call BS just yet.

which was the main reason I didn't post it to the boards for 3 days and kept it to myself....

to indicate that you stood by this claim, and felt that after 3 days of studying the problem, you were confident enough to make it public.  Did I misread you?

DPoS

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:34:44 PM

[

I have read this whole thread.  I can't claim to have memorized every post you've made, but I took this post:

I would be interested to hear what the theory is behind that "field experience".  On the face of it, that sounds ridiculous.  I have seen stranger things though, so I am not gonna call BS just yet.

which was the main reason I didn't post it to the boards for 3 days and kept it to myself....

to indicate that you stood by this claim, and felt that after 3 days of studying the problem, you were confident enough to make it public.  Did I misread you?

jesus you are a waste of time..  need everything spelled out in a straight line??

I was quoted above your post about what I did in another thread...I assume everyone knows about my fan mod on the crossbars so that was the part I was referring to on 'didn't post it for three days'  and the reason for THAT PARTICULAR ITEM was because of tools like you ok??

now go complain to someone else about heat and the BBB ok?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:39:22 PM

[

jesus you are a waste of time..  need everything spelled out in a straight line??

I was quoted above your post about what I did in another thread...I assume everyone knows about my fan mod on the crossbars so that was the part I was referring to on 'didn't post it for three days'  and the reason for THAT PARTICULAR ITEM was because of tools like you ok??

You are very defensive.  Normally I just ignore all the voodoo I see people posting in this thread as ways to increase hash rate, but when it's particularly egregious, like claiming a 'warm BBB' can negatively affect hashing, then I have to say something.

Sorry to get your hackles up, but don't post nonsense if you don't want to get corrected.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:40:51 PM

[

Damn, dude, who pissed in your wheaties today? Smiley

Seriously, though, tiresome or not, you have done a lot for this community. Hopefully KnC reads your data (and the other brave souls who have experimented and done the dev work for these units) and incorporates YOUR research in their next batch of miners. Should resolve a lot of issues with what appear to be minor tweaks to the design/case layout.

I also hope that they throw some coin at all you early adopters who stuck your dick out and came out longer. Because of you lot, by the time I can buy one of these units, a lot of problems will already be resolved.

Thank you.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:36:51 PM

Still waiting for hosted 39xx Saturn to go into production. Status: Paid. Not even a sing of burn-in on the configured BitMinter worker.

Just saw this on the list thread:
Hosting started, logon details received! Hang in there people, have faith!
Jupiter, order 38XX, paid for July 16th.
Here is hoping...

Disgraceful. Hope you get a good one and soon mate.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
DPoS

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:04:04 AM

You are very defensive.  Normally I just ignore all the voodoo I see people posting in this thread as ways to increase hash rate, but when it's particularly egregious, like claiming a 'warm BBB' can negatively affect hashing, then I have to say something.

Sorry to get your hackles up, but don't post nonsense if you don't want to get corrected.

one more time....  I never said anything about BBB heat and performance..please go find a statement of me ever saying that..  you chose to associate me saying 'it' with BBB heat and bad performance and not with you blasting someone.. that was my context..  go re-read with THAT in mind

you are the one posting nonsense and terrible cognitive skills - you just don't want to admit you jumped to conclusions and thought a simple point A to point B..  I was talking about you, not to you when I replied

got it?

DPoS

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:07:01 AM

Seriously, though, tiresome or not, you have done a lot for this community. Hopefully KnC reads your data (and the other brave souls who have experimented and done the dev work for these units) and incorporates YOUR research in their next batch of miners. Should resolve a lot of issues with what appear to be minor tweaks to the design/case layout.

I also hope that they throw some coin at all you early adopters who stuck your dick out and came out longer. Because of you lot, by the time I can buy one of these units, a lot of problems will already be resolved.

Thank you.

put it this way, even if someone did go off a limb and post something that didn't turn out to be 100% cause/effect, it usually will lead to someone else who is also testing to share and get to the right reasoning

but those that want to just play 'peer review asshole', well you see what that does to the soup

xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:13:13 AM

one more time....  I never said anything about BBB heat and performance..please go find a statement of me ever saying that..  you chose to associate me saying 'it' with BBB heat and bad performance and not with you blasting someone.. that was my context..  go re-read with THAT in mind

you are the one posting nonsense and terrible cognitive skills - you just don't want to admit you jumped to conclusions and thought a simple point A to point B..  I was talking about you, not to you when I replied

got it?

I have no idea what you mean here.  I have not 'blasted' anyone.  You are the one with poor cognitive skills and a definite lack of reading comprehension.  I initially just asked the simple question of 'how could a warm BBB cause hashing problems?'.  The statement was attributed to you by others, and you made a subsequent post (that I quoted above) where you seemed to acknowledge that you agreed with it.  If that's not your position, fine.  You are the one who went on the attack here.  I have no problem with you.  Calm down.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:25:04 AM

Does anyone know how to turn off individual cores manually and keep them off? I'm running 0.97 and keep seeing a bunch of the same cores (2-119;2-126;etc.) getting disabled because of HW errors and then turned back on later. I think it's better to leave them turned off because they only produce HW errors and I don't think that's very productive. I have more cores running now on 0.97 but also have more HW errors, and in the end my pool hashrate is lower on average because of this.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:32:13 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 03:12:27 AM by xyzzy099

Does anyone know how to turn off individual cores manually and keep them off? I'm running 0.97 and keep seeing a bunch of the same cores (2-119;2-126;etc.) getting disabled because of HW errors and then turned back on later. I think it's better to leave them turned off because they only produce HW errors and I don't think that's very productive. I have more cores running now on 0.97 but also have more HW errors, and in the end my pool hashrate is lower on average because of this.

Look at the file /config/init.d/cgminer.sh to see how to turn individual cores on and off, i.e.:

Code:
                        # re-enable all cores
                        i=0
                        while [[ $i -lt 192 ]] ; do
                                i2cset -y 2 0x2$p $i 1
                                i=$((i+1))
                        done

You would have to edit that cgminer.sh file to keep them off, though.  By default, it will re-enable what it can whenever it restarts cgminer.

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:49:46 AM

Thank you.

put it this way, even if someone did go off a limb and post something that didn't turn out to be 100% cause/effect, it usually will lead to someone else who is also testing to share and get to the right reasoning

but those that want to just play 'peer review asshole', well you see what that does to the soup

Personally I read what people say and decide if it's sensible or not, but as I'm nowhere as good at this I appreciate the theories and discussions and learn as they go on. No-one takes random theories as gospel until it's been generally accepted as proved, and anything we do to our rigs is our responsibility at the end of the day. This thread has been incredibly interesting and productive lately and I thank everyone who made it so. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:54:46 AM

I think .95 may do this automatically. On .95 my hardware errors over a 24 hour period start at 12 and drop to 3-4% according to bertMod on .97 my hardware errors were still at 12%.

.97 24 hour pool hashrate of 507 cgminer 535
.95 24 hour pool hashrate of 547 cgminer 552

I think .95 has some logic that gets better at using the cores, it really gets better over the 24 hour period, the hashrate slowly climbs.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:27:57 AM

270/4024 final spec on the sat from vrm wiggle... and holding nicely! ....now  
 270, 271, and 280... BAM

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:38:46 AM

What are these VRM's I've seen the last 10 pages? Are these those rectangle looking metal blocks on each ASIC modules? Each with a small white piece of tape/sticker on them? According to my thermal temp my warmest one is 90F. Maybe sticking a piece of thermal tape on top would help it out, no?

Like stuff like this?

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g8/c487/s1288/list/p1/Thermal_Interface-Thermal_Pads_Tape-Thermal_Pad_-_05mm_-Page1.html

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:47:57 AM

Not sure if my math is completely accurate but let's say you have a Jupiter hashing at 500GH/s.  You spend an hour one day trying to get a few more GH out of it.  It's like you were hashing at ~480GH/s for that 24 hour period because of the downtime.  And if you do this multiple times every week, just how much are you actually benefiting in the end?  It seems like a lot of people are wasting valuable hashing time putzing around (as difficulty skyrockets) when they'd be better off just letting the damn things mine at a slightly lower speed.

Just sayin'.
Pages: « 1 ... 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 [916] 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: