Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:30:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 [917] 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:55:31 AM

red line is where i did the VRM wiggle!
yes,the silver rectangles,

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:56:07 AM

Not sure if my math is completely accurate but let's say you have a Jupiter hashing at 500GH/s.  You spend an hour one day trying to get a few more GH out of it.  It's like you were hashing at ~480GH/s for that 24 hour period because of the downtime.  And if you do this multiple times every week, just how much are you actually benefiting in the end?  It seems like a lot of people are wasting valuable hashing time putzing around (as difficulty skyrockets) when they'd be better off just letting the damn things mine at a slightly lower speed.

Just sayin'.

This is what keeps happening to me. I keep trying to use Eligius pool but their payout schedule and information is so vague you need to be a scientist to just figure out what you are going to get paid. I went back to BTCGuild, since at least it clearly informs you of what you are earning, can get manual payout with a press of a button and has 24 hour makings. Eligius doesn't have any of that, at least I don't think because they are buried pages somewhere with obscure links on another page you need to get to. I think the Eligius pool is pretty sharp, but it needs a shit load of work and refinement....and I get completely sick of seeing the donation link on EVERY page I go to on that site. Yea, I get it. It was your decision to put up this cool mining pool, but no one forced you at gun point, stop asking for money. If you don't have the time or resources, take it down then. Simple.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 05:03:23 AM

Not sure if my math is completely accurate but let's say you have a Jupiter hashing at 500GH/s.  You spend an hour one day trying to get a few more GH out of it.  It's like you were hashing at ~480GH/s for that 24 hour period because of the downtime.  And if you do this multiple times every week, just how much are you actually benefiting in the end?  It seems like a lot of people are wasting valuable hashing time putzing around (as difficulty skyrockets) when they'd be better off just letting the damn things mine at a slightly lower speed.

Just sayin'.

This is what keeps happening to me. I keep trying to use Eligius pool but their payout schedule and information is so vague you need to be a scientist to just figure out what you are going to get paid. I went back to BTCGuild, since at least it clearly informs you of what you are earning, can get manual payout with a press of a button and has 24 hour makings. Eligius doesn't have any of that, at least I don't think because they are buried pages somewhere with obscure links on another page you need to get to. I think the Eligius pool is pretty sharp, but it needs a shit load of work and refinement....and I get completely sick of seeing the donation link on EVERY page I go to on that site. Yea, I get it. It was your decision to put up this cool mining pool, but no one forced you at gun point, stop asking for money. If you don't have the time or resources, take it down then. Simple.

They ask for donations because they don't charge a fee.  (I initially thought they collected mining fees, but that seems to have changed).  You get paid 100% on your hashrate. I agree the payout queue thing is a bit confusing, but you should get paid eventually.

Eligius's graphs are by far the best for monitoring your hashrate.  Once things are stable, though I like going back to BTCGuild.

demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:09:58 AM

Well KNC is going to be getting another phone call from me today.  Angry

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 05:26:23 AM

I like having a mining pool that's completely free, charges no fees, and works. If that means they have to ask for donations on every web page to keep the doors open, I'm fine with that.

Yes, the payout schedule is complicated. The complexity is needed to ensure the pool is fair to everyone. My advice -- don't worry about it. Just watch your hash rate to make sure your equipment is working. If the payouts were somehow cheating people, lots of other people who love to do the math and check them would be complaining quite loudly.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 05:28:03 AM

Just sayin'.

They ask for donations because they don't charge a fee.  (I initially thought they collected mining fees, but that seems to have changed).  You get paid 100% on your hashrate. I agree the payout queue thing is a bit confusing, but you should get paid eventually.

Eligius's graphs are by far the best for monitoring your hashrate.  Once things are stable, though I like going back to BTCGuild.

Yea, the graphs and things are cool like I said, but having no idea when I would be getting paid or what my 24 hour return is (if I'm making money or not) is a weird way to hash. At least with BTC they show you right on your stats page what you are making within a 24hour period, payout info, all the necessary info there is. Eligius is more of a guess right now, no? Also, if I wanted a manual payout with Eligius I can't because they don't have it. Bitcoin raised up to $201 yesterday and I wanted to sell a few bitcoin so I did a manual payout with BTCGuild, could I have done that with Eligius or would I have to wait 3 weeks until their payout schedule catches up or whatever? Yea, confusing at the least. I guess that's where the BTC fee comes in. You are furnished with all the appropriate information almost on one page.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:35:51 AM

Damn, dude, who pissed in your wheaties today? Smiley

Seriously, though, tiresome or not, you have done a lot for this community. Hopefully KnC reads your data (and the other brave souls who have experimented and done the dev work for these units) and incorporates YOUR research in their next batch of miners. Should resolve a lot of issues with what appear to be minor tweaks to the design/case layout.

I also hope that they throw some coin at all you early adopters who stuck your dick out and came out longer. Because of you lot, by the time I can buy one of these units, a lot of problems will already be resolved.

Thank you.

put it this way, even if someone did go off a limb and post something that didn't turn out to be 100% cause/effect, it usually will lead to someone else who is also testing to share and get to the right reasoning

but those that want to just play 'peer review asshole', well you see what that does to the soup

Yes, I do. High noise to signal. To be fair, I thought you had posted that as well, till I looked back. I know shit about the BBB, having first heard of it with this thread. But I have seen stranger things happen, so I didn't discount it anyway. My time on bitcointalk has shown me a couple of things. One, there are some amazingly smart people involved in this experiment, and two, that doesn't do anything to discourage the morons. I don't know that there is anything short of death that discourages morons, and death has little effect since they are interchangeable and common.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 05:37:32 AM

Yea, the graphs and things are cool like I said, but having no idea when I would be getting paid or what my 24 hour return is (if I'm making money or not) is a weird way to hash.
You can compute the 24 hour return from the hash rate on any mining profitability calculator. I agree that seeing an estimate would be handy.

At least with BTC they show you right on your stats page what you are making within a 24hour period, payout info, all the necessary info there is. Eligius is more of a guess right now, no?
Yes, because it depends on the pool's luck.

Also, if I wanted a manual payout with Eligius I can't because they don't have it. Bitcoin raised up to $201 yesterday and I wanted to sell a few bitcoin so I did a manual payout with BTCGuild, could I have done that with Eligius or would I have to wait 3 weeks until their payout schedule catches up or whatever?
Eligius already pays you the maximum amount that is fair as soon as possible, with the exception of avoiding very small payments because they just make spending expensive. You cannot make it faster because it is already as fast as it can be. Revenue from blocks found is paid out as soon as it is earned by the pool, typically at the precise same instant.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:08:41 AM

My plug'n'pray device is on it's way

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:12:42 AM

ROTFL

I'm glad that is finally arriving...

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
idee2013

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:23:18 AM

+1
lool Grin
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:00:21 AM

Yea, the graphs and things are cool like I said, but having no idea when I would be getting paid or what my 24 hour return is (if I'm making money or not) is a weird way to hash. At least with BTC they show you right on your stats page what you are making within a 24hour period, payout info, all the necessary info there is. Eligius is more of a guess right now, no? Also, if I wanted a manual payout with Eligius I can't because they don't have it. Bitcoin raised up to $201 yesterday and I wanted to sell a few bitcoin so I did a manual payout with BTCGuild, could I have done that with Eligius or would I have to wait 3 weeks until their payout schedule catches up or whatever? Yea, confusing at the least. I guess that's where the BTC fee comes in. You are furnished with all the appropriate information almost on one page.

you just 25*(Hashrate/2^32)/difficulty  (that's per second)

You get 25 bitcoins in a block
in order to find a block, you need to hash (on average) n diff1 shares, where n is the difficulty
in order to find a diff1 share, you need to calculate (on average) 2^32  hashes.  

2^32 = the number of bytes in a 4 gigabytes.

Alternatively, you can just go look at the PPS rate on btcguild, and assume you'll be getting a few % more then that.

Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:09:13 AM

Yeah Right, your just saying that for the Attention.   ;-)

Good luck with it.

My replacement Boards (x 3) are expect at my house later today.
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:44:22 PM

Got my Three replacement Boards for my underperforming Juipter.

Previously I had around 400Gh/s average (360Gh/s at BTC-Guild) over 25% HW errors.

Now

Average 540Gh/s (5sec Shows peaks of over 600Gh/s), BTC-Guild showing 507Gh/s.

Running 0.95 (will let it burn in for 24 hours).

*Noticed new boards all still Rev1. But had Labels on them all marked as G  (don't know what that indicates if anything).

bertmod Show all cores on all dies 100%.

Using Chill Factor 3 Thermal paste.

Will update tomorrow after 24hrs.
btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:52:02 PM

Miners should be sold with the warning,

You can never get all your Bitcoins back. Hoarding is safe and bitcoin deflation pays you better returns.

Sigh. Sad

eurgbp2011

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:56:30 PM

KNCMINER Accepted shares
Good Miner =6173696 (99.82%)
Bad Miner = 4973056 (99.68%)
~24% difference
How do I detect which pcb is not working on bad miner.
Have I got RMA claim?
And how to remove boards from miner?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:57:08 PM

You can never get all your Bitcoins back. Hoarding is safe and bitcoin deflation pays you better returns.

Sigh. Sad
so I guess we should all just unplug & give up then, rats.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:59:58 PM

KNCMINER Accepted shares
Good Miner =6173696 (99.82%)
Bad Miner = 4973056 (99.68%)
~24% difference
How do I detect which pcb is not working on bad miner.
Have I got RMA claim?
And how to remove boards from miner?
Firmware?
did you do enablecores?
vrm test?
Have you followed any of the steps?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
eurgbp2011

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:03:43 PM

v0.97 yes
enabledcores yes
what is VRM?
and how to test VRM?

demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:03:49 PM

Sigh. Sad
so I guess we should all just unplug & give up then, rats.

that and just hope that our transactions will go through.  Shocked

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Pages: « 1 ... 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 [917] 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: