Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
ijduncan

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:27:01 PM

Question that someon might be able to help me with.

No matter what worker address combo i use, i cannot seem to get suprnove eth mining to work.

DCR: Stratum - connecting to 'dcr.suprnova.cc' <217.182.138.167> port 3252
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth.suprnova.cc:5000)
 DCR: Stratum - Connected (dcr.suprnova.cc:3252)
Setting DAG epoch #130...
 DCR: Authorized
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"result":false,"error":null}
ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth.suprnova.cc' <149.202.76.194> port 5000
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth.suprnova.cc:5000)

using:

ETH_WORKER="miner7"
ETH_ADDRESS="ijduncan"
ETH_POOL="eth.suprnova.cc:5000"

anyone have a thought on that?

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
voltsifer

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:38:22 PM

using:

ETH_WORKER="miner7"
ETH_ADDRESS="ijduncan"

cheers
Wrong ETH_ADDRESS
ijduncan

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:44:49 PM

using:

ETH_WORKER="miner7"
ETH_ADDRESS="ijduncan"

cheers
Wrong ETH_ADDRESS

ah ok figured it out

ETHADDR="$ETH_ADDRESS/$ETH_WORKER"

needed to be

ETHADDR="$ETH_ADDRESS.$ETH_WORKER"

for suprnova
Plumbus

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:23:38 PM

I tried mining monacoin last night but I got a cuda library error. How do I add the ability to mine lyra2rev2 algorithms?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:17:12 PM

I will respond to all posts later today: sorry if I have taken a longtime to respond.  I will make sure I respond to everyone at some point tonight.

v0016 is out see the OP for a link.

I didn't implement all requested changes, but I think I got most of them.  If I missed yours with v0016 I will get to it soon.

I have only tested this build on 8 rigs; so let me know if you find any bugs.  Grin

Change Log:
v0016
  auto repair xorg: fixes single GPU not OCing bug (will auto detect / repair / reboot if using a single GPU or the xorg file has otherwise been damaged)
  implemented Maxximus007 suggestion to enable expect-less oneBash
  Thanks Maxximus007  Smiley
  powerlimit not setting bug is fixed (even for very slow USB keys)
  added Teamviewer with oneBash YES / NO switch to enable / disable it
  added openssh-server switch in oneBash YES / NO switch to enable / disable it
  added Desktop Sharing RDP program (enable / setup with GUI on the taskbar)
  added ifconfig output to the top of mining process (easy to get rig IP)
  added EWBF v3.4
  added Claymore v9.5
  added EWBF and Claymore version selectors to oneBash
  added EXTENTION_ARGUMENTS for each Ethash COIN (to add additional Claymore parameters)
  increased Claymore stability
  reduced boot time
  will now work with slow USB keys
    VTC COIN selection with VTC or BTC payout
    ZEN COIN selection
    NICE COIN selection

bibyfok

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:45:38 PM

Hello,

I have an issue on version 0015:
I have severals rigs on Asus Z270 Prime-P but I do not manage to boot nvOC on a Asus Z270 Prime-A:
I loaded default bios, used the setting on the first page, plugged 8 cards using a m2 adaptater --> The bios POST, so everything seems to be OK. Then, I have a black screen as is should start loading the OS, the USB key seems to be accessed as it gets hot, but the black screen never ends. I waited 5 mins, nothing: only a black screen.
I tried to redo an other USB key without luck.
Do you have any idea what is blocking the boot?

Thanks
Maxximus007

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:50:58 PM

Hello,

I have severals rigs on Asus Z270 Prime-P but I do not manage to boot nvOC on a Asus Z270 Prime-A:
I loaded default bios, used the setting on the first page, plugged 8 cards using a m2 adaptater --> The bios POST, so everything seems to be OK. Then, I have a black screen as is should start loading the OS, the USB key seems to be accessed as it gets hot, but the black screen never ends. I waited 5 mins, nothing: only a black screen.

Thanks
Not sure but it can be one of the following: Used onboard GPU once with his rig? Have you booted with 1 GPU? Have seen these issues on previous posts. But since V0016 is out, probably fixing these issues, would you mind downloading that version and try it out?
bibyfok

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:58:23 PM

Never used the onboard gpu, it was brand new, tried to boot with 1 gpu but with a riser (tried to change the riser)
Will try the V0016 tomorrow and report!
Thanks
Dhx

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:06:17 PM

Change Log:
v0016
  auto repair xorg: fixes single GPU not OCing bug (will auto detect / repair / reboot if using a single GPU or the xorg file has otherwise been damaged)
  added EWBF v3.4
  added Claymore v9.5
  added EXTENTION_ARGUMENTS for each Ethash COIN (to add additional Claymore parameters)
  reduced boot time
    ZEN COIN selection
    NICE COIN selection

Fantastic work, fullzero. Tons of new features here, but I'm personally grateful for the continued under the hood optimization. Hopefully, the improvements to deal with slow USB sticks will help a lot of posters that may not have realized their USB write speeds were hindering them.
bobers

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:06:38 PM

Hello,

Thanks

I have same issue with 0.14, 0.15 and 0.16. I am waiting 15-30 min with black sxreen, before system boot on. I have no idea what to do. I have different motherbords, usb flashes but time for boot on is so long
Maxximus007

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Hello,

Thanks

I have same issue with 0.14, 0.15 and 0.16. I am waiting 15-30 min with black sxreen, before system boot on. I have no idea what to do. I have different motherbords, usb flashes but time for boot on is so long
With V0016 boot time should be (very) much shorter. Please do a BIOS reset (jumper on MB). After that set the recommended BIOS settings, and boot with more than one card (on risers), monitor on the first GPU. Hope it helps! It's one of the motherboards I have on my shortlist for my next rigs.
bobers

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:37:21 PM

Hello,

Thanks

With V0016 boot time should be (very) much shorter. Please do a BIOS reset (jumper on MB). After that set the recommended BIOS settings, and boot with more than one card (on risers), monitor on the first GPU. Hope it helps! It's one of the motherboards I have on my shortlist for my next rigs.

I did BIOS reset with my ASUS H270, set up just 4G enable, but nothing changed, i can;t load mvOS. but with old MB i have this USB works very fast. I have no idea why its slow with new ASUS H270 and MSI Z270 MB
UberDaemon

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:40:46 PM

Thanks for v0016, OP!  I'm running it on 1 of 2 rigs for now.  Definitely a big fan of the faster start time!
peonv

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:48:47 PM

Very nice updates in v0016 fullzero.  Smiley

Other than that, manual GPUFANSPEED doesn't work on my z270-a prime/evga 1080 Ti sc black.
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:15:59 PM

I will respond to all posts later today: sorry if I have taken a longtime to respond.  I will make sure I respond to everyone at some point tonight.

v0016 is out see the OP for a link.

I didn't implement all requested changes, but I think I got most of them.  If I missed yours with v0016 I will get to it soon.

I have only tested this build on 8 rigs; so let me know if you find any bugs.  Grin

Change Log:
v0016
  added EWBF v3.4
  added Claymore v9.5
  reduced boot time
    ZEN COIN selection
    NICE COIN selection

keep getting low disk space
is something logging now?

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:58:21 PM

Hi All,

I have decided to give nvOC a go, I am using an older Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P (Socket LGA1366) board and an i7 920 CPU.  I have two EVGA GTX 1080ti on risers in both PCI-E x16 slots.
I am able to boot fine but things just are not stable, I can run for about 15 hours but later GPU0 drops to about 150-170w and SOLs are suffering, I can reboot and get it working but it seems to happen again.

I have no idea if any BIOS changes need to be made to get this running stable or not, does anyone have any idea what I can try?

Also if I kill the mining process and make changes to the onebash config it doesn't seem to accept the changes, more specially the fan speed.  I attempt to launch the miner again and get the below error but the process does start;

Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help`
       for usage information.

When the mining process starts do you see OC messages like this?

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs13.postimg.org%2Fq08huqnyv%2FIMG_0270.jpg%26t%3D577%26c%3Dyq0szP4ICxv47w&t=577&c=q_tbQ_FaeljjYQ

If you don't:

At any point did you boot with the monitor connected to the motherboard?

Did you at anytime boot with only one GPU attached?

If either of these is the case: ensure the monitor is attached to the primary GPU ( the one connected to the 16x slot closest to the CPU )

then follow this process:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19449945#msg19449945

I only booted with a monitor connected the first time, now it is completely headless.
Yes I might have booted with only one GPU attached at one point.
Thank you I will follow that process.  If I re-image the USB key and boot completely headless should I be seeing the OC messages via SSH as well?

With v0015 you would have to enable openssh server before you could SSH in.  You would also have to be able to know the rigs IP; which can be done in several ways.

With v0016 you can enable openssh server in oneBash, I would recommending trying it and seeing if it solves the problem.
lbrasi

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:01:46 AM

Hi All,

I have decided to give nvOC a go, I am using an older Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P (Socket LGA1366) board and an i7 920 CPU.  I have two EVGA GTX 1080ti on risers in both PCI-E x16 slots.
I am able to boot fine but things just are not stable, I can run for about 15 hours but later GPU0 drops to about 150-170w and SOLs are suffering, I can reboot and get it working but it seems to happen again.

I have no idea if any BIOS changes need to be made to get this running stable or not, does anyone have any idea what I can try?

Also if I kill the mining process and make changes to the onebash config it doesn't seem to accept the changes, more specially the fan speed.  I attempt to launch the miner again and get the below error but the process does start;

Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory

for usage information.

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs13.postimg.org%2Fq08huqnyv%2FIMG_0270.jpg%26t%3D577%26c%3Dyq0szP4ICxv47w&t=577&c=q_tbQ_FaeljjYQ

If you don't:

If either of these is the case: ensure the monitor is attached to the primary GPU ( the one connected to the 16x slot closest to the CPU )

I only booted with a monitor connected the first time, now it is completely headless.
Thank you I will follow that process.  If I re-image the USB key and boot completely headless should I be seeing the OC messages via SSH as well?

With v0015 you would have to enable openssh server before you could SSH in.  You would also have to be able to know the rigs IP; which can be done in several ways.

With v0016 you can enable openssh server in oneBash, I would recommending trying it and seeing if it solves the problem.

I have now also tested with v0016, the mining process starts fine with all OC settings when viewing directly on the rig.  However I am still getting the error via SSH when trying to start.

for usage information.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:11:10 AM

Hi All,

for usage information.

If you don't:

I have now also tested with v0016, the mining process starts fine with all OC settings when viewing directly on the rig.  However I am still getting the error via SSH when trying to start.

for usage information.

What type of OS is the client computer; and what are the IPs of the client and rig?
lbrasi

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:12:07 AM

Hi All,

for usage information.

If you don't:

for usage information.

What type of OS is the client computer; and what are the IPs of the client and rig?

Windows 10 running putty, Rig: 192.168.1.19 Client: 192.168.1.6
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:13:27 AM

Quastion : How do you make +500 MHz or +900 MHz at memory clock when nvidia-smi can only accept + 200 MHz ?

Depends on the GPU as to the limit; all the OC is via the Nvidia apis; so they should have the same capacity for OC.  It is possible that a false limit is imposed when a lower coolbits is set.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: