Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
Legacy2005

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:44:42 PM

I can not fathom any other plausible reason why slush would want to inflate the pool hash power.

why would he? simple to keep simpletons like you at his pool thinking that large 40+PH will net them more then a smaller pool. you are obviously a small minded individual who probably bought his account. or have nothing better to do then spam message board with your mindless vomit you call words.

Its ok you can tell us how much slush pays you to spill your mindless dribble on these boards. I think if you facerolled across the keyboard it would be a more intelligent response then what you have been talking about slush being a trust worthy guy.

With the diff on the rise and the split happening soon any theft regardless of it was intentional or not should not be tolerated in any form these days. It might not seem like a lot of money in btc. but convert that to USD and it is now petty theft or grand theft depending on the size of the mining farm.

Try telling the feds that all you did was skim a few pennies from thousands of people and thousands of transactions and see where you end up. JAIL. Why should the digital world be any different, the thief should have been announced and banned from mining. His info should have been then given to other pool owners to be banned from their pools. if the guy is crafty enough to write his own mining software he knows how to code in a withholding attack so the "accidental" attack doesn't fly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tl121

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 03:04:24 PM

If you believe Slush's explanation, which I do, then it is seems inappropriate to refer to this situation a "block withholding attack".  A better term would be "block withholding bug". 

As to people who believe that Slush "owes" them something.  We all had access to the same information and had the opportunity to move our hash power months ago, once it was clear that something was wrong.  I stopped mining at the pool some months ago, once it was obvious that the bad "luck" was almost certainly not luck.
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 03:07:09 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 03:29:26 PM by pekatete

If you believe Slush's explanation, which I do, then it is seems inappropriate to refer to this situation a "block withholding attack".  A better term would be "block withholding bug".  

As to people who believe that Slush "owes" them something.  We all had access to the same information and had the opportunity to move our hash power months ago, once it was clear that something was wrong.  I stopped mining at the pool some months ago, once it was obvious that the bad "luck" was almost certainly not luck.

^^ Sanity at last!

why would he? simple to keep simpletons like you at his pool thinking that large 40+PH will net them more then a smaller pool.

Most clear headed miners can establish what their hashing power should earn via a multitude of sites on the net that'll estimate how much you should earn with whatever hashing speed. I've never come accross anyone before on any forum that makes the choice of miner rewards pool to mine at based on pool speed, you are the first (and clearly barmy!).

you are obviously a small minded individual who probably bought his account.

Says the guy who opened an account specifically to spew drivel, a very cultured dimwit indeed.

Herv12

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:09:13 PM

If you believe Slush's explanation, which I do, then it is seems inappropriate to refer to this situation a "block withholding attack".  A better term would be "block withholding bug". 

As to people who believe that Slush "owes" them something.  We all had access to the same information and had the opportunity to move our hash power months ago, once it was clear that something was wrong.  I stopped mining at the pool some months ago, once it was obvious that the bad "luck" was almost certainly not luck.

Thank you, You have right, i will use "bug" instead of "attack", sorry
I did exactly as you Wink

The question is not whether an attack may be good or bad for the pool manager (I have the same opinion as pekatete on that) but whether this with-hold attack has really taken place!

Phew, thats a relief! Somebody actually has an opinion congruent to mine on at least one aspect.

Thank you,
On this point you are right, it's not debatable

If slush had increased the power displayed his pool for exemple +10PH (no one can know if the indication is true), it dims the incomes of miners and pool keeps the difference.

I fundamentally dis-agree with this, both in terms of the motive for slush to "lie" about the hashing power of the pool, and in terms of dimming / reducing the incomes of miners. For example, if a pool displays its hash power as 30PH when it is actually 20PH
1. The pool will only be earning circa 20PH worth of rewards
2. The pool will report lower luck because it is only earning 20PH worth, which is less than what is computed for 30PH
3. The miners will only be paid what the pool has earned
4. Miners will STILL be earning proportionately to their real hash power and therefore will NOT loose anything.

Unless you are saying that slush's setup is by far very superior to any other pool / mining operation on the network to an extent that he needs to fake his hash power so that pool luck reported is within the generally published values (but on this accassion something went wrong), then your assertion is flawed. I can not fathom any other plausible reason why slush would want to inflate the pool hash power.

1) Yes, but exactly same if there is a withholding bug , impossible to see any difference
2) Yes, but exactly same if there is a withholding bug , impossible to see any difference
3) Yes, but exactly same if there is a withholding bug , impossible to see any difference
4) No because Payment of the minor = Block value x minor hashrate / total hashrate, if you increase displayed hashrate more than real hasrate of pool, you stole your minor... They loose = Real hashpower of pool PH / ( declared hashpower of pool)

It is totally impossible to see difference between a withholding bug and a false increase of total hashrate.

Personally, I have no opinion, I do not accuse slush, I see the facts, that's all.
I have pointed some of my miner since two weeks and at the moment I am quite happy Smiley

Anyway when we got caught in the teeth several hashrate increases of over 10%, this problem appears very small now ... Cry
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:36:03 PM

You guys that defend slush and his pool are baffling. If ANY other pool had attacks on them where hundreds or thousands of btc were withheld, stolen, hidden, whatever the case may be; that site would be a ghost town in no time with no one mining on it. The fact that there was a hijacking of this pool, and you all still mine here is insanity. He used to brag about having higher than bank level security, and you really believe someone could have programmed their single solitary miner to withhold blocks from a pool with this level of security?
Despite all the back and forth, this is the post that sums it up the best.  I'll never understand why a lot of people mine where they do.  Why anyone would continue to mine at slush baffles me.  The fanboi flag waving is mildly entertaining, but besides that I see nothing positive here.  When it looks like crap, smells like crap, and feels like crap I have a good feeling what it is...
pekatete

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 06:41:40 PM

<snip>
4) No because Payment of the minor = Block value x minor hashrate / total hashrate, if you increase displayed hashrate more than real hasrate of pool, you stole your minor... They loose = Real hashpower of pool PH / ( declared hashpower of pool)
<snip>

This is where that argument falls to pieces. Why would slush want to do such a thing? He could have used the hash from the pool to mine NMC for himself without giving miners the option to earn the mined NMC and he would make more from that. This is the very same guy who lost BTC 2000 (was it more?) only a few years ago and nothing of the sort of accusation was thrown at him in the following period, until now.

At the end of the day, everyone SHOULD know what their hash rate is supposed to earn them over a reasonable period, say a week. If your rewards are less than that and feel you can get better somewhere else, move it. I personally, since the demise of ghash as we knew it, have not mined at a better place than slush (and yes, been to the slow cooking heist pool too!).

Herv12

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:07:26 PM

<snip>
<snip>

This is where that argument falls to pieces. Why would slush want to do such a thing? He could have used the hash from the pool to mine NMC for himself without giving miners the option to earn the mined NMC and he would make more from that. This is the very same guy who lost BTC 2000 (was it more?) only a few years ago and nothing of the sort of accusation was thrown at him in the following period, until now.

At the end of the day, everyone SHOULD know what their hash rate is supposed to earn them over a reasonable period, say a week. If your rewards are less than that and feel you can get better somewhere else, move it. I personally, since the demise of ghash as we knew it, have not mined at a better place than slush (and yes, been to the slow cooking heist pool too!).

Hello Pekatete

You haven't explain how "my argument falls in pieces". I have not write that he have redirected hashpower to do something else.

The best way for a pool manager to rip of  his users is to do a false increase of hashpower of the pool.
That appears like bad luck (or block withhold...) and if he not overdo, it's difficult to see that because of the variance.

Herv12

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:16:22 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 07:29:05 PM by Herv12

You guys that defend slush and his pool are baffling. If ANY other pool had attacks on them where hundreds or thousands of btc were withheld, stolen, hidden, whatever the case may be; that site would be a ghost town in no time with no one mining on it. The fact that there was a hijacking of this pool, and you all still mine here is insanity. He used to brag about having higher than bank level security, and you really believe someone could have programmed their single solitary miner to withhold blocks from a pool with this level of security?
Despite all the back and forth, this is the post that sums it up the best.  I'll never understand why a lot of people mine where they do.  Why anyone would continue to mine at slush baffles me.  The fanboi flag waving is mildly entertaining, but besides that I see nothing positive here.  When it looks like crap, smells like crap, and feels like crap I have a good feeling what it is...

Hello,
I am one of those people (at least for part of my hashrate).

This is actually a good question because Ghash.io fell very low for less than that!

However, nobody can prove that slush lie. For justice you are inocent if it is not proven that you are not guilty. I apply this rule too.

External attack to kill his pool is an possible option also. that can be to suport him!

Everyone does what he wants
For now pool works well!
pekatete

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 07:23:15 PM

Hello Pekatete

You haven't explain how "my argument falls in pieces". I have not write that he have redirected hashpower to do something else.

The best way for a pool manager to rip of  his users is to do a false increase of hashpower of the pool.
That appears like bad luck (or block withhold...) and if he not overdo, it's difficult to see that because of the variance.

I did not explain because I do not think he's got any reason to do that when he could easily "earn" more by mining altcoins using YOUR very same hash-power that every-one seems to be accussing him of lying about. Well, that was my explanation, you only had to read between the lines ...

Honestly, this is stretching it to unreasonable levels, bottom line is the most unlikely reasons for which slush would allegedly do be responsible for the third party bug attack were being fanned by a dishonest pool op for nefarious aims. I am sure you've noticed the deafening silence since his baseless accusations were emphatically empirically proven to be pie in the sky.

Herv12

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:50:24 PM

Hello Pekatete

The best way for a pool manager to rip of  his users is to do a false increase of hashpower of the pool.

I did not explain because I do not think he's got any reason to do that when he could easily "earn" more by mining altcoins using YOUR very same hash-power that every-one seems to be accussing him of lying about. Well, that was my explanation, you only had to read between the lines ...

Honestly, this is stretching it to unreasonable levels, bottom line is the most unlikely reasons for which slush would allegedly do be responsible for the third party bug attack were being fanned by a dishonest pool op for nefarious aims. I am sure you've noticed the deafening silence since his baseless accusations were emphatically empirically proven to be pie in the sky.
Sorry for not "read between the lines."

I either I do not allow myself to accuse slush. I set out the facts and assumptions described. But nothing can be Prove, anyway.

I agree with you that it has aquired a reputation he would be completely stupid to spoil now. Especially since it seems to me that it was he who founded the company that makes "trezor" in parallel, it would destroy everything he has built. We know who he is. In Reflective, it can not be that.

The possibility of an external attack or big mistake is a likely option.
We will see later what happens.
Thank you
(Sorry for my very bad english)
xman77

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:27:42 AM

Stop Bitching and keep mining....if u don't like it move to another pool
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:44:46 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 02:10:13 PM by d57heinz

Where's our buddy slush in all this back and forth.. again with his head in the sand.. hope that it will blow over.. Maybe we forget all this.. Dont worry I dont forget and ill make sure to direct people to more honest and supportive pools from here on out. I Cant believe for someone raking in what slush does per month on fees he cant be bothered with us.. Must mean he has just a few large miners to deal with and Fuck the rest of us!!!!!!.. Don't see him defending anything at all.> I'm sure he doesn't want to point a finger at the miners because we will bust him out on his lie..    Well pekatete  i dont know why you defend unless you are slush himself or paid by him.. I find it funny how you chime in just in the right times.. LMAO.... Anyway  if you care to read from here on.. You can see this was discussed in length by many people and its funny your the only one that defends slush back then aswell.. Makes it obvious you have some ties to him.! Slush pool may have at one time been the best  But so was AOL at the dawn of the internet age..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg13072339#msg13072339
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.21460
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg13238801#msg13238801
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg13244988#msg13244988

Best Regards
d57heinz

ALL i know from my own life experience is that when someone tells the truth they are Very defending of said truths.> In this case i dont see that at all.   All slush has to do is come out with the brand and firmware of the miners he said caused this issue for so many months now.. If he doesn't do that then he was lying and it was his fuckup causing the lost earnings which should be compensated.. HOw about this.. i don't want compensation IF SLUSH comes forth with the iNFO on these miners.. This info is far more valuable to the community than the lost btc!  If this was only a bug and nothing nefarious then i don't see why this info hasn't been released.   Pekatete why would you not want this info as well??? ??

Edit >> im sure someone mining solo would love to know they are paying power for nothing as their machines will NEVER hit a block.. AND SLUSH KNOWS WHICH MACHINES THEY ARE!!!

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 02:08:10 PM

<snip>All slush has to do is come out with the brand and firmware of the miners he said caused this issue for so many months now.. <snip>

One month, not "so many". Your hyperbole makes it harder for people to take you seriously. Just post what you can prove is true, it'll be enough.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:11:37 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 02:31:56 PM by d57heinz

<snip>All slush has to do is come out with the brand and firmware of the miners he said caused this issue for so many months now.. <snip>

One month, not "so many". Your hyperbole makes it harder for people to take you seriously. Just post what you can prove is true, it'll be enough.

MONTHS!! read thru the damn posts and go back .. i didnt peg you as being lazy

must be that poor impulse control ehhh Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg13230382#msg13230382

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1976.msg13232270#msg13232270

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:41:25 PM

https://slushpool.com/stats/

to me it still appears there is something going on..   look at it hit blocks each time the 10 peta drops off hmmmm.. spv mining and the 10 peta is throwing invalid block headers at slush to fuck his pool up.. Maybe  idk.. But its just too much!

should hit one soon if the patter holds and the hash plummets again.. Lets see. Maybe maybe not..

next question is.. Is the 10 peta coming from nicehash to disguise the miner now.. LOOK at the price.. 0063 at 10 peta pointed at slush it would seem since slush is up and down the same 10 peta.> Hmm purely speculation obviously!.  check out nicehash orders.. 

#1032866     0.0063   9999.00   1292   3358.0778
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=orders

why would someone be paying double the rate to point to slush??  hmm  All i know is im getting pd big bucks on nice atm.. Still had some miners set at 0043 and they rented out.!!

ohmygod21

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:27:34 PM

55 ph for 10 hours and no block , something fishy again
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 09:36:11 PM

There's no significant bad luck in the months before December. I can show you how to calculate it for yourself if necessary. Again, best stick with things you can prove, not just what seems true to you.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bittalc1

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:46:35 PM

There's no significant bad luck in the months before December. I can show you how to calculate it for yourself if necessary. Again, best stick with things you can prove, not just what seems true to you.

Ok if you know so much about the luck, can you please elaborate the 139% luck day that is now on slush with 54PH?
ohmygod21

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:53:59 PM

24 h with 4 block don't match with 139%
ohmygod21

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:55:33 PM

i think some blocks are withholded actually

its like pool founded more blocks but don't release them so strange
Pages: « 1 ... 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: