Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:14:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

I've moved everything back to BTCG where I make less than Slush but I'm informed at all times and issues are not only fixed but communicated as well.

You'll end up making more on Guild.  1% fee difference doesn't make up for paid orphans and NMC merged mining.  Assuming you're on PPLNS (which I would certainly hope you are).

Been curious but haven't looked into it yet... Can anyone explain to me NMC merged mining? Is this a scrypt coin for people without ASIC so they can still produce in a pool?

NMC was the first altcoin, and it is a SHA256 coin.  It was not designed as a currency, it's main use being a decentralized DNS system.  However, most people just use it to trade for BTC, and in 2011 people would hop on/off of NMC based on difficulty/profitability.  It was hurting BTC (big loss of hash rate), and ended up nearly killing NMC when the difficulty was driven up so high and the price so low that it was going to take *months* before the difficulty would adjust down again.

To fix that problem, the NMC devs designed a way for a coin to piggyback on the hash rate of another coin, by using the coinbase of the primary coin to embed a block header for the alternate chain, and allowing a way to similarly embed information in the primary chain into the namecoin coinbase to link the two together.  It proves that work was done to solve the NMC block at the same time as the BTC block.  In effect, NMC is now a byproduct of BTC mining if the pool is setup to do it.  It is created at no extra cost to the miner, and only a marginal extra cost on the server.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 10:07:57 PM

thanks eleuthria, good explanation. You are a bitcoin sage  Grin

ps: is slush pool stuck, 11 hours and counting /tap Sad

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
TechByPC

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:11:48 PM

thanks eleuthria, good explanation. You are a bitcoin sage  Grin

Eligius has a block with 10,139,820,992 shares a couple days ago. We're a little over half way there. Smiley

Edit: Hah! Timing luck! Too bad it is another block with no rewards. Now that was odd.. I saw it say none none and then refreshed a minute later and it was updated.
curt.rowland

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:26:37 PM

Eligius has a block with 10,139,820,992 shares a couple days ago. We're a little over half way there. Smiley

Edit: Hah! Timing luck! Too bad it is another block with no rewards. Now that was odd.. I saw it say none none and then refreshed a minute later and it was updated.

that happens to me because I'm refreshing my browser every minute after a block is found and sometimes I think I refresh right as it is changing from processing... to the reward because I will see none but then a another quick refresh reveals the reward. Now if we can just get the one from a few rounds ago sorted out.
goggles1200

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:42:21 PM

I'm sure it will get unstuck and be good to go again, until then... oh no!
lol
FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:44:40 PM

If anyone here has been on Slush's pool for more than a day or two, then they would know that they always get fixed in a few hours or a day or two.  Quit crying...or well wait, don't cause I need my laughs...lol!

Unfortunately, if anyone here has been on Slush's pool long enough, then a) they know things not always get fixed and b) most importantly are usually repeats.
IMHO that's the most annoying part, it's a frequently re-occuring issue almost every week. And someone does get those BTCs, so that's a 100% valid concern of people...

I don't care anymore since I'm about to finish my mining experiments but operators of more GHs/sec than me won't take it as lightly. Newcomers also are much more sensitive to such unexpected issues.
AFAIK, Slush's pool would be more successful if they got behind these issues and fixed them (maybe it's already in the works but we just don't know - Communication 101)

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:51:18 PM

If anyone here has been on Slush's pool for more than a day or two, then they would know that they always get fixed in a few hours or a day or two.  Quit crying...or well wait, don't cause I need my laughs...lol!

Unfortunately, if anyone here has been on Slush's pool long enough, then a) they know things not always get fixed and b) most importantly are usually repeats.
IMHO that's the most annoying part, it's a frequently re-occuring issue almost every week. And someone does get those BTCs, so that's a 100% valid concern of people...

I don't care anymore since I'm about to finish my mining experiments but operators of more GHs/sec than me won't take it as lightly. Newcomers also are much more sensitive to such unexpected issues.
AFAIK, Slush's pool would be more successful if they got behind these issues and fixed them (maybe it's already in the works but we just don't know - Communication 101)
well I have to agree with the communication.. It's kind of sad when this thread is monitored better ( and maybe only) by the owner of our competing pool (BTCguild) 
FiniteMatter

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:53:20 PM

that happens to me because I'm refreshing my browser every minute after a block is found and sometimes I think I refresh right as it is changing from processing... to the reward because I will see none but then a another quick refresh reveals the reward. Now if we can just get the one from a few rounds ago sorted out.

You'll see that after every found block if you refresh every minute. It will go from processing, to none/none, then will incrementally increase your reward as it calculates your specific account until it's done. *Usually* from the time it goes from processing to full reward is about 2-3 minutes. The time it takes to go from processing to none/none fluctuates considerably tho - I've seen it as fast as a few minutes up to over 40 minutes.
curt.rowland

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:50:03 AM

well I have to agree with the communication.. It's kind of sad when this thread is monitored better ( and maybe only) by the owner of our competing pool (BTCguild) 

I thought I could just chill and wait but I couldnt do it anymore. I moved to BTCGuild. My first two weeks of mining has been pretty rocky and now I just cant accept this lack of communication from pool operators. If we pay fees here then we are customers right? Do we pay fees? I thought we did. That would make us customers and it is totally unprofessional to snub your customers like this by not communicating. I'm going to try btcguild and see how it is over there.
mdopro1

Activity: 308

Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 01:45:34 AM

Are you running PPS or PPLNS on BTCG?
Always PPLNS. Way better.

You'll end up making more on Guild.  1% fee difference doesn't make up for paid orphans and NMC merged mining.  Assuming you're on PPLNS (which I would certainly hope you are).
PPLNS!

As for crying, if a whole lot of us cried Slush will either improve or vanish. I'd rather see it vanish than run crap like this and treat miners just as crappy.

I started with Slush so I keep giving it another shot, every time ending up moving back to BTCG because people are treated with respect. So you all go ahead and put up with this crap and pay your power-hog earnings to the pool operator because I'm out of here. Funny it's not even the pool operator that's pissing me off, it's the ignorant miners that populate this pool.

New Bitcoin fund doubling platform has launched!
Receive Automated Payment Every 2 Hours
Appealing alternative with Sophisticated algorithms.
https://Btc-Funds.com
pgminer01

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:03:04 AM

the system always got problem when reach the paid limit ...  bye bye slush pool ...
curt.rowland

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:14:02 AM

like a business that has a hard time making payroll Undecided
Altoidnerd

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

http://altoidnerd.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:33:51 AM

Mining on guild is a psychological disservice to bitcoin by making mining appear to be centralized. That pie chart is ominous and perhaps more dangerous in it's placebo effect than anything else.

Mining slush is good.

Do you even mine?
http://altoidnerd.com 
12gKRdrz7yy7erg5apUvSRGemypTUvBRuJ
curt.rowland

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:59:37 AM

Mining on guild is a psychological disservice to bitcoin by making mining appear to be centralized. That pie chart is ominous and perhaps more dangerous in it's placebo effect than anything else.

Mining slush is good.

I'm already regretting moving. I don’t know if I'm doing something wrong but the reward seems low. With about 280G I was getting .01 or better per round, that as about .1 to .15 in a 24 hour period. I understand BTCG has WAY more hashing power so rewards are lower but more frequent? But it only shows about .0002 to .0004 per block so far (there have been 6 blocks found in the last 2 hours) it doesnt seem like that math is going to add up but I'm hanging in there I think to at least see what the 24 hour earnings will be. But I am wanting to come back already..lol just get it fixed plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Tribus

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 03:00:26 AM

I got quoted in a few posts...my work is done here...lol.

Bottom line is this, if you feel you are getting ripped off...leave.  If you go to BTCG you are doing a disservice to BTC in general and in the end are only screwing yourselves.

Yeah sure, there could be better communication here, but for the most part everything runs smooth 98% of the time, so there is no need for all the extreme crying when one simple block has a database issue and then it gets repaired eventually.  Your shares are recorded in a database, in case you didn't know, and even if the block is confirmed and the payouts say "None" this can and always does get fixed.

I just think it's funny when this happens and all the trolls come out into the light and show their ignorance of BTC pool mining, or just ignorance in general.  I have been a member of Slush's pool for a long time, and it's by far the best that I have experienced.

That's my 2 cents so you can bash me if you like, I don't care, I am an adult and I act like one too.  I can handle it without wanting to kill myself because some guy on the Interwebz made fun of me...lol.    
mdopro1

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 03:11:35 AM

I got quoted in a few posts...my work is done here...lol.

Bottom line is this, if you feel you are getting ripped off...leave.  If you go to BTCG you are doing a disservice to BTC in general and in the end are only screwing yourselves.

Yeah sure, there could be better communication here, but for the most part everything runs smooth 98% of the time, so there is no need for all the extreme crying when one simple block has a database issue and then it gets repaired eventually.  Your shares are recorded in a database, in case you didn't know, and even if the block is confirmed and the payouts say "None" this can and always does get fixed.

I just think it's funny when this happens and all the trolls come out into the light and show their ignorance of BTC pool mining, or just ignorance in general.  I have been a member of Slush's pool for a long time, and it's by far the best that I have experienced.

That's my 2 cents so you can bash me if you like, I don't care, I am an adult and I act like one too.  I can handle it without wanting to kill myself because some guy on the Interwebz made fun of me...lol.    
I'm not making fun of anyone but as goes with my internet service provider or my car insurance provider, I will leave if I don't get service. That, grown man, you can't argue with. Things may get fixed eventually or some slip through the cracks because small business owners like myself don't have time to babysit the pool for its operator - That is theft.

Really, you shouldn't be doing pool operator's job anyways. Let him come here and prove that this is a better pool.

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 03:47:00 AM

If you go to BTCG you are doing a disservice to BTC in general and in the end are only screwing yourselves.

Why is mining on btc guild doing a disservice to btc and screwing yourself?  I am thinking about moving there, just curious what is it that they are doing that's so bad? vs slush for example

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:30:45 AM

If you go to BTCG you are doing a disservice to BTC in general and in the end are only screwing yourselves.

Why is mining on btc guild doing a disservice to btc and screwing yourself?  I am thinking about moving there, just curious what is it that they are doing that's so bad? vs slush for example

Some people feel it is wrong to have so much hasshing power centralized in one pool. Personally, i feel that they are wrong.
mdopro1

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 04:32:49 AM

BTCG is around 25% of total network. Fact, not a threat.

JBT

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:38:12 AM

21387    2014-01-06 22:10:22    11:04:50    5853966059    241551    0.00039951    278996    25.10577668    42 confirmations left
21386    2014-01-06 11:05:32    2:04:03    1093101246    45567    0.00100116    278915    25.08115620    confirmed
the first obviously i will have to wait before i get 0.00039951 but the second one i should have 0.00100116 in my confirmed reward, or am i missing something? last payout was 2014-01-06 00:01
Pages: « 1 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: