Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMinter.com * Optional Custom Miner, PPLNS, Merged mining, Newbie-Friendly! *  (Read 220666 times)
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:07:41 PM

At current difficulty, 14GH/s should average 0.00087999 per 24H

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoody

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:14:48 PM

ok mate thanks for working that out.. im waiting for a 25Gh/s BFL miner to rock up should be early next week and a gridseed aswell should push me upto 49Gh/s .....in ur opinion will 49 gh/s be worth useing in bitminter or should i use it for another alt coin??? im so new to this and i think i may have wasted a bit of money on mining rigs
Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:28:29 PM

ok mate thanks for working that out.. im waiting for a 25Gh/s BFL miner to rock up should be early next week and a gridseed aswell should push me upto 49Gh/s .....in ur opinion will 49 gh/s be worth useing in bitminter or should i use it for another alt coin??? im so new to this and i think i may have wasted a bit of money on mining rigs

If I were you, I would use gridseed to mine scrypt coins.

edutBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:12:43 PM

If I were you, I would use gridseed to mine scrypt coins.

he should,
Gridseed is really efficient and profitable

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
burkej27

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:50:48 PM

I keep getting "Bad Credentials" but it is only asking for my User Name and Worker Name.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 07:18:50 PM

I keep getting "Bad Credentials" but it is only asking for my User Name and Worker Name.

It means you typed the user name or worker name wrong.

If you're not sure what's wrong tell me what names you typed and I'll look them up.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
janonathon

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:41:00 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 01:31:07 AM by janonathon

So I've been mining here on bitminter for months with only Block Erupters and Antminers so far. Today I got a Red Fury and have tried everything google and youtube and the forums (that google found, a lot to sift through) and I can't do anything to make it work on Bitminter.

1st I tried zadig's driver, a bitfury driver, and something called CDM 2.08.30 WHQL Certified None of which got it to appear for bitminter, bfg, or cgminer. That last one was from a link IN bitminter itself which also included some linux looking instructions, which i don't get how to do on my Window 7 machine. I'm a level 1 noob here because I didn't even understand how to use BFGminer and changing some parameters to overclock my Antminers before the Doc added it to Bitminter itself. That also looked really Linux-y. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good working help might even deserve a bitcent. I hope someone knows how to fix my problem, thanks for reading atleast.
-John-

Edit, i messed with it some more and got it to load the bf1.inf file with the "but there's no signature" and everything wokring right and it now lives in COM113. But when i go to add it to Bitminter, COM113 times out every time. I used the Bit Fury support center forum (not enough bitminter problems though).

I still haven't seen this thing blink and I've used all possible ports. USB2, 3, on a powered hub, on the front, back.
The Dude

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:44:24 AM

Hi guys. Can you use the power plug that comes with a V1 erupter blade, or do you have to rewire it Huh
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:46:37 AM

Edit, i messed with it some more and got it to load the bf1.inf file with the "but there's no signature" and everything wokring right and it now lives in COM113. But when i go to add it to Bitminter, COM113 times out every time. I used the Bit Fury support center forum (not enough bitminter problems though).

That's the right driver. You may want to uninstall Zadig and the other things you installed. I have never used Zadig myself but from what I understand it interferes with normal drivers.

The red fury often gets confused and just dies on you. To get it working again you have to unplug it, then plug it back in the USB port again. After that the client should be able to detect it and mine with it. There's also a reset button. In my experience this button doesn't actually do anything, but maybe that's just mine being broken.

janonathon

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:33:12 PM

That's the right driver. You may want to uninstall Zadig and the other things you installed. I have never used Zadig myself but from what I understand it interferes with normal drivers.

The red fury often gets confused and just dies on you. To get it working again you have to unplug it, then plug it back in the USB port again. After that the client should be able to detect it and mine with it. There's also a reset button. In my experience this button doesn't actually do anything, but maybe that's just mine being broken.

I uninstalled everything else i had installed to it by plugging it in, deleting the driver, then unplugging it and replugging it back in until my computer didn't know what it was again (each time it deleted a different driver) It's still happily showing up as COM113 but it's never once even lit up for me or appeared in bitminter or bfgminer. Btw is there any bfgminer or cgminer that doesn't piss off your anti-virus? if so a link to it would be awesome. I'd rather see it working in bitminter though. I've unplugged and replugged it in used the reset button, the program button (which to my knowledge does nothing) while probing the port at various times. The only thing it HAS done is show up as  COM113 device in device manager. I got an Ice Fury Nano too because i guess i wanted to torture myself. They might both make a trip back to amazon if i can't get either to even blink a light at me.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:39:06 PM

I uninstalled everything else i had installed to it by plugging it in, deleting the driver, then unplugging it and replugging it back in until my computer didn't know what it was again (each time it deleted a different driver) It's still happily showing up as COM113 but it's never once even lit up for me or appeared in bitminter or bfgminer. Btw is there any bfgminer or cgminer that doesn't piss off your anti-virus? if so a link to it would be awesome. I'd rather see it working in bitminter though. I've unplugged and replugged it in used the reset button, the program button (which to my knowledge does nothing) while probing the port at various times. The only thing it HAS done is show up as  COM113 device in device manager. I got an Ice Fury Nano too because i guess i wanted to torture myself. They might both make a trip back to amazon if i can't get either to even blink a light at me.

What does Bitminter client say when you probe COM113?

For the nanofury, try bfgminer. It's not supported in Bitminter client, at least not yet.

janonathon

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:51:42 PM

What does Bitminter client say when you probe COM113?

For the nanofury, try bfgminer. It's not supported in Bitminter client, at least not yet.

When i probe COM113 in bitminter it times out. Or it says COM113 Timed out. more specifically.

In bfgminer  my nanofury, which I learned is just 'supported' in newer versions is running with 45% error and only at 1.28GH/s. The nanofury support forum is weak so i hope someone on google has some info, maybe you know what everyone needs to do to make it ACTUALLY supported. The Red Fury works on in bfgminer at 2.25GH/s, not the upper end of advertisement and at a relatively high error rate of 5.5% it kinda does just depends on which time you plug it in. These things are moody. Thanks for all your help so far!
lapah

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:49:57 PM

Is there some sort of comparison chart? like what work is more rejected at certain pools.
janonathon

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:21:29 PM

Will anyone please enlighten me as to where I'm supposed to enter a command line thread?

Example: bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u <USERNAME> -p <PWD> -S bfx:all --bxm-bits=54

If you can tell I'm trying to get one of these BiFury-ish BFx2 miners to work and I've seen command line suggestion after suggestion but am apparently way too late to the scene for ANYONE to mention where this goes.

BTW I'm on Windows 7x64 and have so far been spoiled by Bitminter's wonderful GUI mining software which handles all my Antminers and their overclocking on another machine. This computer is handling all the unsupported miners and those of "questionable functionality" preferably through bfgminer as i just haven't had any luck with cgminer.

Many Thanks to anyone who can help me.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:37:31 PM

In Windows the command line is available through the command prompt. Google how to open a command prompt.

janonathon

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:25:42 PM

Oh, i know how to use cmd.exe but I'm sure not getting any results entering in my example (with username, etc filled in, and my DOS is a little rusty since i was a kid when i used it.) People seem to find a way to enter it in near or launch the program with those parameters each time, but i can't seem to get .bat's to work or find a place for the extra info at the end in the .conf files. If you have any tips about that please let me know, otherwise thanks for the quick response. Wish i could get MY doctor to reply so quickly.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 10:08:25 PM

There is some info on the front page of bitminter.com about user name and password.

Make sure you are in the correct working directory when you type the command, otherwise you'll get a command not found error. So cd to the directory where your bfgminer files are.

Which error are you getting?

janonathon

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:38:37 PM

Just lots of paths unrecognized or program not there, even when i copy as text from the explorer bar. It's doesn't even think C:\Users\*username*\desktop exists for whatever reason. You're the only one with a user-friendly mining program, thanks for the Antminer support. I hope Bit Fury related stuff comes in the near future. I'll just keep messing with this and taking spaces out of folder names etc. Thanks for helping. I'll contact the seller who advertised "plug and play" and see if i can get my money back for some more ants instead since they are getting REAL cheap. It won't be long now until you'll need ATLEAST an S1 to mine anything significant and I don't have the wife's approval to drop that kinda cash on hardware and electricity, not until the city takes BC anyway. Thanks again for the help. Time to call it a night this evening though.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 11:00:17 PM

Type this command to switch directory:

cd C:\Users\*username*\desktop

janonathon

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:30:01 PM

Geez, and here i though cd was a linux command. I haven't used DOS since i was a kid bc there was no windows but i've used linux more recently on pi's and such, but i don't like to mine on them since my minepeon got hacked, now when i go to the right folder and launch the application with the command string behind it (bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u <USERNAME> -p <PWD> -S bfx:all --bxm-bits=54) it just says "The system cannot find the file specified." Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: