Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:21:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 03:39:14 PM

The 100k at each satoshi up and down is me, I have them all the way from 1 to over 300 or 350 or something and replace them when they get eaten.

Except for a little gap around the active zone to account for fees and a modicum of profit of course.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:42:26 PM

^^ There was a big buy wall at 74 sat last night, about 12btc worth, and it wasn't eaten, it was removed by whoever set it up and replaced with a series of small buy orders 100kdvc in price steps down, designed to force dumpers to get less and less for their coins, especially as no-one else is stepping in to buy.

The whole thing is fascinating - wonder what the next stage of this saga will be...

That is VERY interesting.  I was wondering what happened to that wall...
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:54:39 PM

The 100k at each satoshi up and down is me, I have them all the way from 1 to over 300 or 350 or something and replace them when they get eaten.

Except for a little gap around the active zone to account for fees and a modicum of profit of course.

-MarkM-

hehe, why did i knew that Tongue

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:43:04 PM

From DVC sales, I've tried to kick in about 1 BTC worth of buys as well as putting up buy walls. I tried to follow the posted advice to sell a portion and use a portion to buy back, but it seems forced. Like just another trader trying to manipulate the price.

So then I put about 30% of my DVC in cryptostocks.com. I also have some sitting on mcxNOW, but it's not being put to any practical use.

Question: Where else can I use the DVC to reinvest in the coin/community? Are there other places like cryptostocks that will take DVC and reinvest it?

I really like cryptostocks since it's not a straight sale and the coin is doing something for me while also for someone else and it's not further degrading the current prices.

+1!  Yes, give us good ways to invest our DVC and we won't need to sell so many of them.
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 07:08:02 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 08:42:15 PM by Icoin

DVC Generation Share listing request:

There are two projects that i would like to suggest to add to the developers list:

http://www.freecadweb.org/

and

http://salome-platform.org/

I kindly ask the Devcoin Comunity to support our effort (for example you can ask for a DVC donation address Smiley )

DVB will publish future releases in this standard. It simplyfies things for the real world and for virtual worlds.

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzfT-ZDp0Wo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2caHYngtTmM&list=PLXZrK-O9Bx8rWv2bXBWBM1jI4KlDOWxMI

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:33:26 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 05:47:52 AM by Unthinkingbit

Wiser and Worldinacoin both joined as signup admins. Wiser also chose to be a file admin. Weisoq has resigned from his signup admin post to concentrate on writing, he is welcome to become an admin again whenever he wants.

To encourage the admins to stay on, I'm increasing the maximum admin pay from 10% of the total to 15%.

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:01:37 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 04:49:38 AM by Unthinkingbit

Four days have passed so the troll blocking bounty is official:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg2777759#msg2777759

When I told friends about a few things that people could buy with bitcoins, the only one that was wanted was the Amazon gift card. A business could buy Amazon gift cards directly or with bitcoins:
http://www.itradebtc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

and sell them for devcoins. I suggest a 12 share award for the first business to sell a gift card in devcoins, 9 for the second, 6 for the third, and 3 for the last. I also suggest a 2 share award for the first person who writes about a post at least 50 words long about buying the gift card from each business, and a one share award for the second person. Any objections?

After at least one devcoin business sells an Amazon gift card, as per Ranlo's suggestion we'll make a bounty thread for people to post what they want to buy in devcoins.

Edit: The first Amazon gift card business has been made:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg3091835#msg3091835

so the next award is 9 shares.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:09:35 PM

Because those who've earned them them are selling at lower and lower prices - implying that many value their efforts and those of others at a (far) lower level than that initially paid, or where they perceived that payment level to be. It's probably better this happens asap as gives a indicative clearing level of the value of e.g. writings by writers, and therefore I hope a means of re-assessing sustainable payments and shares.

That's the classic theory - in practice I think people are operating on fear and panic. They fear they'll get nothing if they wait to sell, so they sell. I've held onto all mine and sometimes I wonder if I'm a mug. Then I console myself with the thought that when fear and capitulation are greatest, that's when the market turns...
That may be true, but it doesn't really matter - it still implies shares for one or more projects (or perception of them) were overpriced else instead of selling on fear and panic at that price those people would be buying up the sales of others' efforts.

Well we can always experiment with the price. How about in the next writing round, the pay is half a share per 1000 words. We can then assess whether there is the same dumping. If dumping stops and the price rises, we can declare a success and keep it at half a share per thousand words. I'm all for it. Half a share at 148 satoshis per devcoin is worth much more than a full share at 47 satoshis per devcoin.

What do we need to do to make this happen?

I don't want to call out anyone publicly but what I will say is that the tanking price occurred after a single specific event: someone dumped over 20 million coins on the market on their own, tackling the big buy walls that were already up. This is what caused the downward spiral and the "panic selling" we are seeing, and is what has killed the price for the time being. It wasn't a large group of people, it was a single one.

Now, with that said, I think the current reward system is good. People just need to start paying more attention to what they're doing before they make drastic decisions.

Ok I think I've solved the mystery - the price in May and teh subsequent dump was down to a character called Fontas - see the following:

http://trollboxarchive.com/search.php?search_type=all&search=dvc#

We genuine community members are such a bunch of innocents, arn't we?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:19:52 PM

most of us already know it was him but his pump created a massivr bull chart imo.
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:23:27 PM

most of us already know it was him but his pump created a massivr bull chart imo.

I guess I'm the only innocent around here then. I expect it's because I'm a girl.  Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:19:34 PM

I guess I'm the only innocent around here then. I expect it's because I'm a girl.  Smiley

Everyone knows there are no girls online... unless you mean like GIRL = Guy In Real Life, o.O

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:45:30 PM

Everyone knows there are no girls online... unless you mean like GIRL = Guy In Real Life, o.O
seriously lol
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 11:10:44 PM

Maybe once an "Open Transactions client for grandmas" is available more people will use it to get direct access to the assets listed at

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

It is a pity in a way that no "brokers" showed up on the forums or web, though I suppose the players whose guildmasters or clanmasters or whatever provided some kind of provision of such things might be happy not to have been pushed aside by hordes of bitcoiners during the early years...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 12:38:22 PM

not sure who runs this http://dvcticker.appspot.com/ but looks like the tickers need to be updated with the new vircurex API, can this be prompted to the developers please

FuzzyBear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:56:48 AM

Am I wrong? Is there anything it can be done to reduce this effect? Is it just pile them up without selling or using them a real solution? If we sell them, they lose value, if we do not use them they are not going to increase in value. Are we stuck?

The solution is to create more uses for DVC. Right now it has to compete with dozens of cryptocurrencies and offers no advantages whatsoever, so it is silly for investors to buy it.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:38:14 PM

Anything with the word bay at the end will get you a cease and desist from ebay. Just a heads up.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:22:54 PM

Am I wrong? Is there anything it can be done to reduce this effect? Is it just pile them up without selling or using them a real solution? If we sell them, they lose value, if we do not use them they are not going to increase in value. Are we stuck?

The solution is to create more uses for DVC. Right now it has to compete with dozens of cryptocurrencies and offers no advantages whatsoever, so it is silly for investors to buy it.

Right and it is priced accordingly, but market is always forward looking so when it is the right time to buy it, you won't be getting it at these prices for sure. It all boils down to how much you believe in dvc and the fundamentals of it. If you believe it has a future then investing when it is left for dead is the best thing to do.

Fundamentally I believe inflation is necessary to compete with deflation to find a harmonious balance to avoid prices from rising/falling too fast. As new solutions are made to use dvc the more bright it should shine as a proper alternative to usdx. People saying you can just split btc as many times as you need don't understand the economics of the forces creating stable prices. By stable I mean people are willingly exchanging goods with one another with no incentive to hold underlying monetary mechanism just because it will be worth more in the future (deflationary), or exchanging now because it may be worth less tomorrow (inflationary).

Also remember that the open source community is a huge market, and if and when they start using dvc to fund projects that would bring an unprecedented amount of growth of new ideas and innovation as a result would boost growth and shine light on the entire crypto community.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:41:43 AM

So what are we doing to mark Devcoin's two year anniversary on August 5th?

I vote we all flock to the bitcoin subreddit on the day and tip random people 10 cents worth (about 1667 devcoins at the moment) - there is an altcoin tipbot that is devcoin enabled - see http://www.reddit.com/r/ALTcointip/comments/1esl7u/altcointip_bot_now_live/

has anyone got any other ideas?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:00:48 PM

This is off topic but I'm a new devtome writer and I was just wondering if somebody could look over some of my articles and see if they are "devtome-worthy".  I looked at some of the syntax pages and followed normal wikipedia syntax but I'm just trying to make sure!  Smiley
My userpage: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:smeagol
Thank you for the help!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:11:10 PM

This is off topic but I'm a new devtome writer and I was just wondering if somebody could look over some of my articles and see if they are "devtome-worthy".  I looked at some of the syntax pages and followed normal wikipedia syntax but I'm just trying to make sure!  Smiley
My userpage: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:smeagol
Thank you for the help!

Sent you a pm!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: