Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:17:26 AM

This is truly AWESOME news because I live in a state that is not supported by the Amazon affiliate program, as in I can't be an affiliate on my own.  I went ahead and submitted my user ID.

Thanks, the more writers sign up, the more stuff we'll sell, which gives us a higher commission percentage.

I have a question about it.  Amazon allows you to link to specific products or specific types of products.  So for example, if I was writing a book review on my blog, I could also include a link to that specific book in the post.  I would like to know if this could become possible in this system, where there is a way that I could submit an amazon page I want to promote and then have someone create a unique affiliate link to that page for me.  At this point it sounds like it would be a lot of work for someone, or it would require allowing all of us to log into the account, neither of which seems like a good idea.

You don't have to log into an Amazon account to make a link. The Amazon admin logs into the devtome account to get a tag for whoever lists one on the Amazon page:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_amazon_associate

The tracking id is devtome-your_name-20. You use your tag in your link, as described at:
https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/help/t5/a16

The format is amazon home page link, "/dp/", Amazon Standard Item Number (ASIN), "/?tag=", tracking ID, and link text. For books the ASIN is the same as the 10 digit International Standard Book Number (ISBN). For example, for the Great Gatsby, the ASIN (0743273567) is in the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0743273567

and it is also listed on the page:
ISBN-10: 0743273567

for wiser, the wiki format link would be:
[http://www.amazon.com/dp/0743273567/?tag=devtome-wiser-20 Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald]

To link to another book, paste the 10 digit ISBN of the other book into the ISBN part of the link address and change the link text.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:16:34 PM

i wonder what sort of level of traffic the ad networks are looking for, generally. any idea, ballpark range?

For a single topic site, even a thousand views per month is enough. I won't know how much they need for a general wiki until we get a network. They didn't actually look at the site much, we got mostly boilerplate rejection letters. One network, which we didn't apply for, state on their website that they only look at you if you have 500,000 views/month. Most networks don't say how many page views they require, but the more you have the more interested they'll be in your site. Devtome popularity is volatile, in the last month it had around 80,000 views. In a few months when we apply again, I hope we'll be around 150,000 views/month, and hopefully that'll be enough to get a network.

If we got more into video games and videos, it would be easier to get accepted by an ad network.
Just BTW, that is what they are looking for

I know some people that run networks, they hang out on YouTube forums.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:25:54 PM

109000 ROUND OVER!!!! (Right?)

Does anyone know where to check word counts, I checked the Devtome "Earn Coins for Writing" page, and the link there is for last round.

meta.p02

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:18:24 PM

I think the round ends at 109,300. (Does it?)

Anyway, posted my first article! It's only 2.5K words, but it's a start Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 04:57:26 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 05:10:24 PM by FinShaggy

Oh, maybe. Idk exactly.

Nice. Good luck with writing Smiley I would order a book or two, for when you get writers block. Reading inspires ideas. Smiley

I just ordered some books that are really going to help us out

Over 30 marketing tips for helping a company go international
Over 100 tips for social media
A book specifically about how to get people to want to read your books, which can defintely be applied to articles and websites
One about integrating a business to society
And I'm reading the Art of War right now (Sun Tzu)

So this article ( http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_advertising_campaign ) will be getting A LOT better soon Smiley

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:53:36 PM

Oh, maybe. Idk exactly.

Nice. Good luck with writing Smiley I would order a book or two, for when you get writers block. Reading inspires ideas. Smiley

A book specifically about how to get people to want to read your books, which can defintely be applied to articles and websites

So this article ( http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_advertising_campaign ) will be getting A LOT better soon Smiley

I think I recall someone mentioning earlier that it was 109,300. Can anyone confirm? Also, since this is my first round I still wasn't sure how it works -- do shares go out at the end of next round? Like, this round ends at 109,300, next round ends at X -- we get paid for this round at X? Or maybe I understood it wrong and there isn't actually one round lag.  Huh
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:12:44 PM

I think the new exchange mcxnow.com offers a bright future for Devcoin... it recently has and an injection of liquidity that is looking for a place to stay other than bitcoin. We know that when whales come in they would rather actively invest by trading. There are a handful of coins on there which are traded and dvc has benefited from the increased volume by hitting up to 100 satoishi recently! The volume was over 100 million dvc a few days in a row. We havent seen that on vircurex forever! Anyways I've been hearing from the chat mods and other users on the site that they are looking to replace devcoin with namecoin and we should all let our voices be heard if that is true. I really think that the exchange offers the light for dvc and we should try to fight to keep it alive. With it growing so fast I wouldn't be surprised if its labelled as 'the alt coin marketplace' and with big money coming in from stock exchanges (equity) I would see a big future for any alts on there.

His email is mcxnow.exchange@gmail.com I believe that is realsolid's email.

Jag
Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 12:20:30 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 12:33:20 AM by Marbit

Oh, maybe. Idk exactly.

I think I recall someone mentioning earlier that it was 109,300. Can anyone confirm? Also, since this is my first round I still wasn't sure how it works -- do shares go out at the end of next round? Like, this round ends at 109,300, next round ends at X -- we get paid for this round at X? Or maybe I understood it wrong and there isn't actually one round lag.  Huh

does anyone know the answer to this? i was just starting to look into writing for devtome. i am too late to get anything in for this round. but i cant figure out how the payouts work. i was looking at some payout addresses and it looks like maybe writers get paid gradually through the next round as blocks are generated?
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:09:04 AM

Thank you very much! Smiley

This is truly AWESOME news because I live in a state that is not supported by the Amazon affiliate program, as in I can't be an affiliate on my own.  I went ahead and submitted my user ID.

Thanks, the more writers sign up, the more stuff we'll sell, which gives us a higher commission percentage.

I have a question about it.  Amazon allows you to link to specific products or specific types of products.  So for example, if I was writing a book review on my blog, I could also include a link to that specific book in the post.  I would like to know if this could become possible in this system, where there is a way that I could submit an amazon page I want to promote and then have someone create a unique affiliate link to that page for me.  At this point it sounds like it would be a lot of work for someone, or it would require allowing all of us to log into the account, neither of which seems like a good idea.

You don't have to log into an Amazon account to make a link. The Amazon admin logs into the devtome account to get a tag for whoever lists one on the Amazon page:

The tracking id is devtome-your_name-20. You use your tag in your link, as described at:
https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/help/t5/a16

The format is amazon home page link, "/dp/", Amazon Standard Item Number (ASIN), "/?tag=", tracking ID, and link text. For books the ASIN is the same as the 10 digit International Standard Book Number (ISBN). For example, for the Great Gatsby, the ASIN (0743273567) is in the link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0743273567

and it is also listed on the page:
ISBN-10: 0743273567

for wiser, the wiki format link would be:
[http://www.amazon.com/dp/0743273567/?tag=devtome-wiser-20 Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald]

To link to another book, paste the 10 digit ISBN of the other book into the ISBN part of the link address and change the link text.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:23:32 AM

I think the new exchange mcxnow.com offers a bright future for Devcoin... it recently has and an injection of liquidity that is looking for a place to stay other than bitcoin. We know that when whales come in they would rather actively invest by trading. There are a handful of coins on there which are traded and dvc has benefited from the increased volume by hitting up to 100 satoishi recently! The volume was over 100 million dvc a few days in a row. We havent seen that on vircurex forever! Anyways I've been hearing from the chat mods and other users on the site that they are looking to replace devcoin with namecoin and we should all let our voices be heard if that is true. I really think that the exchange offers the light for dvc and we should try to fight to keep it alive. With it growing so fast I wouldn't be surprised if its labelled as 'the alt coin marketplace' and with big money coming in from stock exchanges (equity) I would see a big future for any alts on there.

Jag

RS (the owner of mcxnow) has stated that DVC is already in the process of being removed. He just wants to "transition it out" and is dropping it soon. I think we're a bit too far for saving it at this point, although if DVC gains momentum in the future it's a possibility.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:29:06 AM

I sent off a note to RS about this.  I've noticed people trashing Devcoins in the chat window but I guess I never saw anything that indicated they might actually take it off the platform.  And lately there's been a lot of movement in Devcoin, so I suspect they might already be rethinking this idea, if it ever was a serious one.  I don't see why they can't just add Namecoin without removing anything else anyway.  But it can definitely not hurt to write in and say that we love having Devcoins there Smiley

Jag
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:30:29 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 02:44:13 AM by wiser

Jag

RS (the owner of mcxnow) has stated that DVC is already in the process of being removed. He just wants to "transition it out" and is dropping it soon. I think we're a bit too far for saving it at this point, although if DVC gains momentum in the future it's a possibility.

That really STINKS!

EDIT:  Right now there are 11,092 accounts, which means that the number of users who are on the site to buy or sell Devcoins could be a significant percentage of that.  There probably is no better time to reach out to RS and tell him why you're there.  Even those who don't have an account can reach out.  If what Jag says is correct about mcxNOW being a significant reason for the recent increase in value in DVC, then that benefit has been felt by non account holders too.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:48:59 AM

So... did Cryptsy drop Devcoins?  I'm not finding them listed there.  I've never had an account there.  Is Vircurex really going to be the only place to buy/sell DVCs now?
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:56:03 AM

So... did Cryptsy drop Devcoins?  I'm not finding them listed there.  I've never had an account there.  Is Vircurex really going to be the only place to buy/sell DVCs now?

Devcoin is trading on Cryptsy for LTC Smiley

They will most likely upgrade it to a BTC market when DVC picks up a little more.

Also as far as I know mcxNOW is a big supporter of Devcoin.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:18:34 AM

They will most likely upgrade it to a BTC market when DVC picks up a little more.

OK, I hadn't thought to look for non BTC combinations.  Good to know.  If I want to use LTC as an intermediary, that might work.  Then again, sounds like it's back to Vircurex I go...

Not anymore.  RS can't wait to get rid of them  Cry

Not sure when that will actually happen.  You should write him and tell him you like Devcoins.  Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:32:03 AM

OK, I hadn't thought to look for non BTC combinations.  Good to know.  If I want to use LTC as an intermediary, that might work.  Then again, sounds like it's back to Vircurex I go...

Not anymore.  RS can't wait to get rid of them  Cry

Not sure when that will actually happen.  You should write him and tell him you like Devcoins.  Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

Last I heard from RS (last night), he said it will be ~4 weeks from now when it's fully removed. Presumably he'll stop trading prior to that to let things settle down and ensure everyone can withdraw.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:19:44 AM

OK, I hadn't thought to look for non BTC combinations.  Good to know.  If I want to use LTC as an intermediary, that might work.  Then again, sounds like it's back to Vircurex I go...

Not sure when that will actually happen.  You should write him and tell him you like Devcoins.  Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

Last I heard from RS (last night), he said it will be ~4 weeks from now when it's fully removed. Presumably he'll stop trading prior to that to let things settle down and ensure everyone can withdraw.

Was any reason mentioned for disliking Devcoins? It's quite strange given how many useless altcoins there are out there. There's such a plethora of useless coins which are hardly worthwhile even trading. To underscore this point, there's even a new coin 'proving' how worthless many of them are called "Shitcoin":

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307419.0

Anyway, hopefully if DVC disappears from one exchange, it pops up on another and really, exchanges are opening and closing at such rate that we should just look at this as a bump on the road. As DVC grows in stability and usage over time, it will become more apparent that DVC is not a 'here today, gone tomorrow' coin like some others out there.

He said that it's because it is "too much maintenance" (I presume what he means is that the cost of keeping it up on the server and whatnot outweighs the fees that are earned from the trading).

The DVC volume on mcxNOW has been pretty low until the last few days.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:00:35 AM

Was any reason mentioned for disliking Devcoins? It's quite strange given how many useless altcoins there are out there. There's such a plethora of useless coins which are hardly worthwhile even trading. To underscore this point, there's even a new coin 'proving' how worthless many of them are called "Shitcoin":

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307419.0

Anyway, hopefully if DVC disappears from one exchange, it pops up on another and really, exchanges are opening and closing at such rate that we should just look at this as a bump on the road. As DVC grows in stability and usage over time, it will become more apparent that DVC is not a 'here today, gone tomorrow' coin like some others out there.

Mcxnow is on an exponential growth curve. David pate is now on there with his entire stash of about $500k worth fees and cryptos. Other whales are on too. They throw btc around like its nothing and move all coins on there. Its going to catch up to btce soon in terms of volume traded.. so any alt on there is golden we should fight hard to keep it there!! Today on a non moving day there was 100 million dvc traded again. Some other alts have up to 2000 btc days of volume thats a quarter million $$ during pumps..

Lately dvc has picked up so we should remind him why he put it up to support the developer community.. And its also driving in volume now.. if it goes for a while for say another month without volume id say ya take it off but its making money so we should push to keep it there.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:24:03 AM

We've been trying to get high paying banner advertising for devtome for the last few months, but the six fiat networks contacted, including adsense, were not interested in devtome. I guess that they want either a really popular website, or a small website that is on one topic. We do have bitcoin banner ads, but they pay very little. We'll reapply to fiat networks in a few months when devtome is more popular.

However, we did get accepted to the Amazon Associate program, and all devtome writers should get a tracking ID by listing their name on the devtome Amazon Associate page:

Any sales from the tracking ID will be converted to devcoins and sent to the writer. Besides making affiliate links on devtome, writers can also use the tracking ID on their own website or blog, and those sales will also be converted to devcoins and sent to them. You can use the links in text, and/or image links. The affiliate revenue will be small per month, but it's ongoing, you can collect it forever. If someone uses their tracking ID in spam or something scammy they'll be dropped from the devtome Amazon Associates list.

Eventually having Amazon links in devtome text will also count to the earnings multiplier, with a low weighting of probably around 20%.

Why not go with micropayments? Coinbase finally makes it possible and so do some others.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 03:08:40 PM

I think it will all be fine. Did ya'll see that list of businesses accepting Devcoin? It's HUGE (Like 9+ places). As long as we promote that at the end of every round, Devcoin will go up in price and the MXCNow guy will feel stupid.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: