Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:46:23 PM

off topic but what is the current status of devtome?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:04:51 AM

no hes not lying it was at 29 or lower with selling after bot attack it rose steadily ever since so he has a point.  Its a noticeable change in pace this is the first sustained rally we had for over 6 months.

Oh, well then that is because BTC prices are fluctuating. I haven't been watching DVC.

Actually btc prices haven't move in a while. You like to make up random stuff to make yourself feel better? Other's can read and understand by making stuff up you're not convincing anybody.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:16:54 AM

off topic but what is the current status of devtome?
+1  not at all off topic Smiley
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 03:28:30 AM

no hes not lying it was at 29 or lower with selling after bot attack it rose steadily ever since so he has a point.  Its a noticeable change in pace this is the first sustained rally we had for over 6 months.

Oh, well then that is because BTC prices are fluctuating. I haven't been watching DVC.

Actually btc prices haven't move in a while. You like to make up random stuff to make yourself feel better? Other's can read and understand by making stuff up you're not convincing anybody.

I keep up my own Bitcoin News group on Facebook, and I take pictures of the ticker. Bitcoin has gone up and down (up now) $10 since September 25th.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BitCoinNews/

Nice try though Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 04:20:42 AM

Block 107909

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:26:26 AM

I keep up my own Bitcoin News group on Facebook, and I take pictures of the ticker. Bitcoin has gone up and down (up now) $10 since September 25th.

Nice try though Smiley

Umm not sure what chart ur looking at but this month has been one of the most stable in months... Lol
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 06:25:53 AM

Nice try though Smiley

Umm not sure what chart ur looking at but this month has been one of the most stable in months... Lol

Mt. Gox

Last month was stable, but this month Bitcoin has gone up in value.
Last month is stayed around 138-142, it dropped to 135 and now it's been around 145 for almost a week now. It's all happened slowly, but it's been about a $10 change, which effects a coin that is worth .0000003 BTC

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:49:44 AM

Nice try though Smiley

Mt. Gox

Last month is stayed around 138-142, it dropped to 135 and now it's been around 145 for almost a week now. It's all happened slowly, but it's been about a $10 change, which effects a coin that is worth .0000003 BTC

It would effect devcoin the least in absolute price than any other alt besides infcoin. So what about when btc dropped to 60 a few times why didnt dvc rise? They are correlated since dvc is a token but dumping throws it off. At most devcoin would have moved 3 cents in response to btc moving up or down $10. Has nothing to do with it is what im saying... price stability is more inversly correlated with devtome dumpers for now... who knows wat the future holds but it is true now.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:01:28 AM

I just bought a one ounce silver eagle with devcoins from http://www.igotspots.com/silver.html

Awesome!  I was going to buy one but unfortunately 800k DVC is about 40% of my total DVC savings...  Tongue
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:09:02 PM

I just bought a one ounce silver eagle with devcoins from http://www.igotspots.com/silver.html

It cost me 883,000 dvc with shipping. When I got into devcoin that amount of dvc would have bought me 7 ounces of silver. Now that there's a real world market for devcoins would not one be better off buying material goods than dumping them for some minute fraction of a bitcoin?  

How did I get that many devcoins? ...well I didn't dump them lol.

Coin Payments should be congratulated on his check out solution for altcoins.

We now have Amazon Devcoin Cards, Amazonia Imports - Pipes & Palo Santo, and I Got Spots Silver & Gold accepting devcoins.

All the vendors below also use Coin Payments as a payment processor. If you are interested in their products or services why not contact them and ask if they will accept devcoins?  ....That's how I got the silver. They all are set up to accept devcoins if they choose, and two new stores have been added just over this last weekend.

At my store, Amazonia Imports - Pipes & Palo Santo, all proceeds of sales will go to purchases at other devcoin accepting stores. That is how a market place forms and I urge you all to check out the stores participating in Coin Payments  

Also I intend to buy an ounce of silver per month to track the devcoin to silver ratio.

Awesome!  This is great news!  I'll buy silver with my DVC too, once they are paid out next round Smiley
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 12:54:05 PM

Nice try though Smiley

Mt. Gox

So what about when btc dropped to 60 a few times why didnt dvc rise?

I never even heard it dropped to 60, so my guess would be because when it was at 60, it didn't stay there long enough to effect the price of DVC.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:59:40 PM

That works out to $50 an ounce going by mcxNOW last price of 40 sat/DVC and Mt. Gox's price of $145/BTC.  That is a little high, but actually well within the range of what I'd call acceptable.  If I were writing in exchange for silver I would be happy to take it at a rate of $50 per ounce (you always mark it up for bartering purposes), and if you're writing for Devtome, that's essentially what you'd be doing if you then spent your DVC on this silver.

Also consider that Mt. Gox prices are inflated so in reality it's probably less than $50/ounce.  I deliberately used Mt. Gox in the calculation so I'd get a sense of "worst case scenario."

The price includes shipping, which means that in all likelihood if you bought 2 or more ounces, shipping wouldn't change much so you'd come out even further ahead if you bought up to 10 or more ounces.

Sounds like a great deal Smiley

It cost me 883,000 dvc with shipping. When I got into devcoin that amount of dvc would have bought me 7 ounces of silver. Now that there's a real world market for devcoins would not one be better off buying material goods than dumping them for some minute fraction of a bitcoin?  

We now have Amazon Devcoin Cards, Amazonia Imports - Pipes & Palo Santo, and I Got Spots Silver & Gold accepting devcoins.

All the vendors below also use Coin Payments as a payment processor. If you are interested in their products or services why not contact them and ask if they will accept devcoins?  ....That's how I got the silver. They all are set up to accept devcoins if they choose, and two new stores have been added just over this last weekend.

At my store, Amazonia Imports - Pipes & Palo Santo, all proceeds of sales will go to purchases at other devcoin accepting stores. That is how a market place forms and I urge you all to check out the stores participating in Coin Payments  

Also I intend to buy an ounce of silver per month to track the devcoin to silver ratio.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 12:59:53 PM

That's too much. I plan on opening a silver shop that can guarantee purity, and it won't cost $70 an oz. I'd just wait for that, or team up with me.

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:14:54 PM

Too bad buying from iGotSpots isn't a hedge against dumping--what do you think he's going to do with those DVC? Keep them because he 'cares' about the cause? Wrong. He's going to dump them on Cryptsy or Vircurex and take his BTC from them because he's got to pay the bills.

His metals for crypto business is great on the surface--if you feel like paying more than market value for little bits of metals. As a hedge against DVC (or any other coins) its not sustainable, as he raises and lowers the price (and market padding) daily depending on what he can trade out the coins for. Just food for thought...
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:13:40 PM

You have to start somewhere.  Of course he's going to trade out his Devcoins... until someone else opens up a shop with a product or service he would want to spend them on.  Why don't you call him up and ask him what he would like to buy with his Devcoins?

Too bad buying from iGotSpots isn't a hedge against dumping--what do you think he's going to do with those DVC? Keep them because he 'cares' about the cause? Wrong. He's going to dump them on Cryptsy or Vircurex and take his BTC from them because he's got to pay the bills.

His metals for crypto business is great on the surface--if you feel like paying more than market value for little bits of metals. As a hedge against DVC (or any other coins) its not sustainable, as he raises and lowers the price (and market padding) daily depending on what he can trade out the coins for. Just food for thought...
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:22:49 PM

yup its good news and creates money velocity.. Thats what will drive demand.
Reaper3

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:24:50 PM

Hmm might download a wallet soon.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:28:05 PM

You have to start somewhere.  Of course he's going to trade out his Devcoins... until someone else opens up a shop with a product or service he would want to spend them on.  Why don't you call him up and ask him what he would like to buy with his Devcoins?

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing, just playing devil's advocate. I too have begun offering items for sale via DVC and I too would cash some out if I needed to. Any more places to spend DVC are good, I just don't want anyone to waste their efforts laboring under the false pretenses.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:33:54 PM

That's too much. I plan on opening a silver shop that can guarantee purity, and it won't cost $70 an oz. I'd just wait for that, or team up with me.

Fin, have you ever sold silver before?  If you deal in physical silver, there's no way around marking it up, because you have to consider your replacement cost, and some profit for you.  You're already dealing with a very volatile market (silver spot price can fluctuate wildly) which makes it risky to keep any inventory on hand.  When you add taking Devcoins for it, then you're adding another fluctuating market (which at this point trends downward) on top of that.  So unless you want to sell at a loss, you are going to have to either sell in bulk (thousands of ounces a day), or you have to mark up over spot price substantially.  And after all that you will run into customers who want to insist that you give it away for a buck or two over spot, and once you try to sell it, you learn very quickly why that is not reasonable unless that customer is willing to buy 1000 ounces at once, and even then, only if you have a supplier who is willing to sell to you at 75c over spot.

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing, just playing devil's advocate. I too have begun offering items for sale via DVC and I too would cash some out if I needed to. Any more places to spend DVC are good, I just don't want anyone to waste their efforts laboring under the false pretenses.

Until the circle closes, where everyone with Devcoins has a place to spend them, and probably for some time after that, there will be holes where people have to trade out Devcoins, and people have to hedge against their potential losses.  I think it works best in the long run if people buy things based on wanting what's for sale rather than out of altruism, although I might bend that with the silver--it's really not that much of a markup when you consider all the things that go into selling silver--and as one who has sold silver and who isn't prepared to offer it for Devcoins at this point (too much risk and I'm too small), I appreciate that this dealer offering it for Devcoins is taking a big risk, and I do think in this case it's worth paying a bit more for my silver to help make it pay off for him.  I'd very much like to see him offering silver for Devcoins next month too.  He said October was a trial period.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 04:20:41 PM

Fin, have you ever sold silver before?  If you deal in physical silver, there's no way around marking it up, because you have to consider your replacement cost, and some profit for you.  You're already dealing with a very volatile market (silver spot price can fluctuate wildly) which makes it risky to keep any inventory on hand.  When you add taking Devcoins for it, then you're adding another fluctuating market (which at this point trends downward) on top of that.  So unless you want to sell at a loss, you are going to have to either sell in bulk (thousands of ounces a day), or you have to mark up over spot price substantially.  And after all that you will run into customers who want to insist that you give it away for a buck or two over spot, and once you try to sell it, you learn very quickly why that is not reasonable unless that customer is willing to buy 1000 ounces at once, and even then, only if you have a supplier who is willing to sell to you at 75c over spot.

Until the circle closes, where everyone with Devcoins has a place to spend them, and probably for some time after that, there will be holes where people have to trade out Devcoins, and people have to hedge against their potential losses.  I think it works best in the long run if people buy things based on wanting what's for sale rather than out of altruism, although I might bend that with the silver--it's really not that much of a markup when you consider all the things that go into selling silver--and as one who has sold silver and who isn't prepared to offer it for Devcoins at this point (too much risk and I'm too small), I appreciate that this dealer offering it for Devcoins is taking a big risk, and I do think in this case it's worth paying a bit more for my silver to help make it pay off for him.  I'd very much like to see him offering silver for Devcoins next month too.  He said October was a trial period.

1. I have dealt in measurements

2. I know I will have to mark it up (compared to what I pay), but it will not be 2x + The regular price at the time.

3. I don't feel like reading a block of text where the beginning had 2 such unfounded arguments.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: