Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:09:40 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 09:28:21 PM by smeagol

After speaking with Unthinkingbit, I have decided to continue with DVC and return as an admin on Devtome. The only caveat is that I will not be using this site much (if at all) and thus you'll want to contact me via the Devcointalk forum or email @gmail.com. I look forward to moving away from this site completely as DVC begins to stand on its own and once the new forum with email is up, we can leave this board altogether.

Now, I also promised a 50 word review of DVC4Amazon and here it is:

I used DVC for Amazon to purchase some Amazon credit with my DVC. The process was very simple and the site is well laid out. I visited the site directly at http://dvc4giftcards.us/ and chose the level of Amazon Credit I'd like and was redirected to a CoinPayments.net site. I liked that the CoinPayments didn't ask for a shipping address as this is simply an online-transaction. Once I'd put in my email address and info, I was given a DVC address to send coin to. DVC takes about an hour to be confirmed and I received an email from DVC for Amazon within 24 hours containing my codes. I put the code in and used it to watch a movie on Amazon streaming video! The only criticism I have for the site is that the email came from "Smeagol Eets Feesh" which is kind of strange and un-related to the site by name. Aside from that one quibble, the site worked great and the code was perfect. All in all a very easy way to turn DVC in to tangibles.

Ok, that should be good and earn me the 1 share bounty for a review (I hope). Other than that, glad to be back with you DVC folk, lets move this sucker forward!

Hey shake sorry about my email.  Cheesy  (smeagol eats fish though)

Congrats, you get the one share!

Official post below

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:30:20 PM

"I used DVC for Amazon to purchase some Amazon credit with my DVC. The process was very simple and the site is well laid out. I visited the site directly at http://dvc4giftcards.us/ and chose the level of Amazon Credit I'd like and was redirected to a CoinPayments.net site. I liked that the CoinPayments didn't ask for a shipping address as this is simply an online-transaction. Once I'd put in my email address and info, I was given a DVC address to send coin to. DVC takes about an hour to be confirmed and I received an email from DVC for Amazon within 24 hours containing my codes. I put the code in and used it to watch a movie on Amazon streaming video! The only criticism I have for the site is that the email came from "Smeagol Eets Feesh" which is kind of strange and un-related to the site by name. Aside from that one quibble, the site worked great and the code was perfect. All in all a very easy way to turn DVC in to tangibles."

Congratulations to shakezula, who qualifies for the award as described here: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now#amazon_gift_card

His post of 50 words earns him one share in this round, which is round 31.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:38:44 PM

Here's what we have so far: http://AltCoinCards.com/shop/

The site refers to Coinpayment for payment in DVC, but it seems you have to purchase first before seeing how much DVC must be paid. That is not very convenient.

Am I right that a gift card comes at $107 as a minimum?

max2838

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:06:21 PM

The site refers to Coinpayment for payment in DVC, but it seems you have to purchase first before seeing how much DVC must be paid. That is not very convenient.

Am I right that a gift card comes at $107 as a minimum?

The cheapest card we have right now is a $10 Maggiano's card with a $5 fee. We plan to add more intervals for cards later today/tomorrow. We're thinking: 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200.

As far as the coinpayments conversion rate, we appreciate the suggestion and will try to integrate a conversion table into the site. But for now it can be found here: https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=supported_coins. It's updated twice an hour.

Thanks for the feedback.

***Also, we want to lower the site fees as soon as economically possible. We plan to operate on a 2% margin and get you cards at the same cost of a credit card/paypal processing fee. In the meantime, if anyone wants to discuss joining altcoincards as partners to make those margins a reality, then we'd love to talk to you.***
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:03:49 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 11:25:24 PM by weisoq

The cheapest card we have right now is a $10 Maggiano's card with a $5 fee. We plan to add more intervals for cards later today/tomorrow. We're thinking: 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200.

As far as the coinpayments conversion rate, we appreciate the suggestion and will try to integrate a conversion table into the site. But for now it can be found here: https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=supported_coins. It's updated twice an hour.

Thanks for the feedback.

***Also, we want to lower the site fees as soon as economically possible. We plan to operate on a 2% margin and get you cards at the same cost of a credit card/paypal processing fee. In the meantime, if anyone wants to discuss joining altcoincards as partners to make those margins a reality, then we'd love to talk to you.***
Do billing address details need to be filled in for those retailer's giftcard, or will email do?
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 11:08:09 PM

...Here are some suggestions I have in my mind:

1) Make your own forum. - I'll pay hosting for 1 year.

2) Rebuild the website. It looks like a amateur made it. It's too damn static. ( Sorry, not trying to offend anyone )

3) Start promoting it via youtube, spread the word and convince people to take a little risk, by putting 1 dollar in DVC and follow its progress for just one week. Make people believe that DVC is here to stay for a long time. ( Which is true. )

4) The fact that people who write articles get DVC for their effort, it's really nice. But not enough to help the coin get a better position in the crypto world. All together, let's think how we can introduce DVC to the masses.
Peace,

https://twitter.com/Debunker89

PS: GamersGoneTech is a stupid kid, trying to get attention by talking bad about something he doesn't understand.
Cheers for suggestions.

1) There's a bounty for a forum http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now#forum There's an interim forum for now thanks to 'fuzzybear' (devcointalk.org), but plan is for something more comprehensive that will also address spamming and trolling.

2) I think that's under discussion/plan.

3) There's a recent initial devcoin intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE4whwzRmQ0 and a bounty for another quality one http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now#animation The issue with promotion is that efforts were hampered in the past with, let's say, over-zealous proponents so I think everybody's trying to build awareness and interest more gradually this time.

4) It's not just writing http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_developing and the underlying whole point of devcoin is to spread that whole core idea of payment for work and development to other areas. The more people, ideas, skills and market cap involved the more that can be done. I agree though on the point about the masses. Whether people like it or not, devcoin is a concept that could have a very very wide appeal - and I think it should because it's a win-win.

As somebody else put it recently, there are much better coins than devcoin for purely speculative purposes. In effect by stocking up on devcoin you're supporting a wide range of development projects - not just devcoin ones - and helping to build a future network of reward for working.

Know this is an old post on the thread, but felt I should chime in as the owner of devcointalk in that I would like to see the forum used more and the requirements laid out for the bounty are why the forum is never linked anywhere etc on the main websiites ... but i have to say regarding spam and trolls... i also own Peercointalk and I have learnt a lot and am keeping the spam out.

I'll relook over the bounty as I may be able to complete one and then people cn just start using the forum properly...

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:20:10 PM

Why does this thread not tell you how many coins there are in total (that can be mined before the limit is reached) and how to mine devcoin, or where to find any pools?

The forum also does not help with this information.

Somebody recommended this to me, and after reading about it I like the idea. I think it could be semi-successful in the long run, but there is little information out right now to help people who are looking to get involved.

I had some trouble finding this out myself, so I decided to make a post about in at Devtome. Hope this clarifies things and makes clear that having no hard cap is absolutely no problem in the longer run.

I am posting the graph below as well. Given Devcoin's unique properties and the relative scarceness of this coin (can only earn it by contributing; the only other method is buying), it could attract many good things and perhaps be a model of future concepts of anonymous charity.

I decided to keep a considerable amount of DVC besides boosting Cryptostocks turnover  Grin

Thank you! I was looking for something like this for my article was going to make it you saved me some time! Is it ol if I use the images in my article(s) for pr buzz?
max2838

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:29:05 PM

Do billing address details need to be filled in for those retailer's giftcard, or will email do?

The cart we used requires billing address. However, we don't care if the info's real or not. All that matters is your email so that you can get the ecode.
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:29:56 PM

Gentlemen,

We just launched http://AltCoinCards.com - where you can trade your devcoins for electronic gift-cards. My fellow developers and I will continue working through the night to eliminate any blatant bugs.

The site's integrated with coinpay checkout so that you can easily and safely transfer devcoin.

As of now we instituted a $7 convenience fee. But please note, as soon as we get a better picture of the business landscape, we plan to offer better pricing. Furthermore, as soon as the website's fully functional, we'd love to bring on some Devcoin fanatics to help run it and maybe even own it.

Please feel free to reply with other stores/services that you'd like to see on the site.

Wish you all the best,
Max

1DU5w5u1Cim5buWDaWRYiCPNZszqcVwnsQ

The first person who purchases a different type of card and makes an informative post (at least 50 words) gets 2 shares and the second person gets a share. This is also for any other kind of devcoin business. There are many types of gift cards on the site, including Barnes and Noble, Macy's, Starbucks, etc:
http://altcoincards.com/shop/

Fantastic. I have just ordered a $50 Barnes and Noble Card and will review when complete. Love having new places to spend my DVC!
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:03:26 AM

The cart we used requires billing address. However, we don't care if the info's real or not. All that matters is your email so that you can get the ecode.
Thanks. I'll try it out later, but if you can get amazon.co.uk cards I'll buy a few (don't know if possible to mark up in a way that splits the difference between your extra currency exchange costs and buyer's extra shipping costs via amazon.com, or if that's getting too complicated).
shakezula

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:11:19 AM

Fantastic. I have just ordered a $50 Barnes and Noble Card and will review when complete. Love having new places to spend my DVC!

As promised, here's my review of max2838's website, "http://AltCoinCards.com"

Today I purchased a $50 Barnes and Noble Giftcard from http://AltCoinCards.com. The website is very well designed and easy to navigate. The choice of cards is excellent, though some of the cards are fairly high-value ($50-100) at the time of this review. Choosing a card and adding it to my cart was very simple and straightforward. Checkout asked for more information than I'd normally want to associate with an online-transaction, though I was able to use reasonably un-identifying information without getting an error. Once my checkout was complete, I was redirected to CoinPayments.net and paid using my DVC address directly. The site sent me confirmations of my order and an in-progress order note via email. The email came from "altcoincards" which is easy to pick out of my email and related to the site at hand. The actual gift card info came within about 2 hours total and was direct from Barnes and Noble. I had no issues importing it in to my account and promptly bought a book for my Nook (Tubes by Andrew Blum for those who must know) with it. TLDR: A great site, fast response, and personal service. Thanks for another place to spend my DVC!

That should beat the 50 word reply by a few. Max was most helpful and his site is very well laid out. I'll take those two shares! Cheesy
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:17:22 AM

After speaking with Unthinkingbit, I have decided to continue with DVC and return as an admin on Devtome. The only caveat is that I will not be using this site much (if at all) and thus you'll want to contact me via the Devcointalk forum or email @gmail.com. I look forward to moving away from this site completely as DVC begins to stand on its own and once the new forum with email is up, we can leave this board altogether.

Am not sure it's a good idea to leave this board altogether. How would new people find us otherwise? One of the benefits of being on here is that any member of bitcointalk can drop in and talk to us if they want. On a special board, they'd have to go to the trouble of signing up just to say hello, and I'm not sure casual visitors just dipping their toes in with questions would want to bother.

If we move, I vote we go somewhere like a subReddit, which is equally "public" and where new people can easily locate us.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Wekkel
Legendary

yes

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:52:00 AM

Thank you! I was looking for something like this for my article was going to make it you saved me some time! Is it ol if I use the images in my article(s) for pr buzz?

Of course, but I suggest that you make the charts more decent  Roll Eyes

Wekkel
Legendary

yes

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:20:41 PM

I think devcoin foremost needs a proper functioning windows client. Its currenlty a toy for real geeks right now. That makes it a rather exclusive coin, but it should not stay that way.

Im on that I ported it over to 0.8.5 and now testing.. qt wallet will once my merged mine proxy finds some blocks and I can somehow test the reciever file.

The qt wallet is so much better than the wxwidgets and I understand the importance so Im trying to get it up sooner rather than later.

Thanks for taking the initiative! I wish I knew how to do these things, Sad. Sadly it's not my specialty.

Does this mean we're getting a better look for the client too? Smiley

more stable... and looks better with qt.. same as bitcoin 0.8.5 the old one used wxwidgets which wasnt that great. I will need testing help for different platforms though.

Any update on when we can test this client and where to get it?

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:51:24 PM

The round 30 receiver files have been uploaded to:
http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/receiver_30.csv
http://devcoinpool.btc-music.com/receiver/receiver_30.csv
http://devcoinblockexplorer.info/receiver/receiver_30.csv
http://devtome.com/files/receiver_30.csv
http://devcoin.darkgamex.ch/receiver_30.csv
http://d.evco.in/receiver/receiver_30.csv
http://show-me-the-devcoin.info/devtome/receiver_30.csv
http://coinfaucets.tk/receiver_30.csv
http://creativecurrencies.cu.cc/wp-content/uploads/receiver_30.csv

The account file is at:
http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/account_30.csv

There were 816 original receiver lines, so the average number of devcoins per share is 180,000,000 dvc / 816 = 220,588 dvc. Administrator pay is 115.0 shares, 14.1 percent of the total. The value at vircurex is 1.46 mcbtc/dvc, which works out to 0.322 btc. This times the bitstamp price of 684$ gives a share price of 220$.

People on that list will start getting those coins in round 30, starting at block 120,000. The procedure for generating the receiver files is at:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin#generating_the_files

The next bounties will go into round 31:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/bounty_31.csv

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:55:09 PM

dvcticker.bugs3.com is capable of saving data over 3 months (I schedule a 15-minutely cron job)

I believe it qualifies for the 18-share DVC-USD chart.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now#devcoin_usd_chart
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:11:39 PM

I think devcoin foremost needs a proper functioning windows client. Its currenlty a toy for real geeks right now. That makes it a rather exclusive coin, but it should not stay that way.

Im on that I ported it over to 0.8.5 and now testing.. qt wallet will once my merged mine proxy finds some blocks and I can somehow test the reciever file.

The qt wallet is so much better than the wxwidgets and I understand the importance so Im trying to get it up sooner rather than later.

Thanks for taking the initiative! I wish I knew how to do these things, Sad. Sadly it's not my specialty.

Does this mean we're getting a better look for the client too? Smiley

more stable... and looks better with qt.. same as bitcoin 0.8.5 the old one used wxwidgets which wasnt that great. I will need testing help for different platforms though.

Any update on when we can test this client and where to get it?

Im working on the daemon I had to make a few changes to get a local testnet working and now Im about to mine locally to test..

Please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310280.0

for updates. When I mine some blocks I will create qt client and upload src and daemon to test.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:43:59 PM

dvcticker.bugs3.com is capable of saving data over 3 months (I schedule a 15-minutely cron job)

Where is the chart?

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:16:44 AM

Where is the chart?

Oops, I misread.  It is capable but does not have a chart yet.

Will add soon
shakezula

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:35:17 AM

Am not sure it's a good idea to leave this board altogether. How would new people find us otherwise? One of the benefits of being on here is that any member of bitcointalk can drop in and talk to us if they want. On a special board, they'd have to go to the trouble of signing up just to say hello, and I'm not sure casual visitors just dipping their toes in with questions would want to bother.

If we move, I vote we go somewhere like a subReddit, which is equally "public" and where new people can easily locate us.

While I agree its a good idea to maintain a presence here, I disagree that Devcoin "needs" this site. This site has had numerous security issues and this sub-forum specifically is full of spam, scams, and crap that detracts from the content that is worthwhile. I think Devcoin needs to have its own independent community for it to attain widespread mainstream support.
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: