Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:45:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22]  (Read 1152724 times)
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:23:29 AM

Download and running at the speed of ~340 Kkey/s with CPU. Tried to use GPU but it throw me a OpenCL.dll missing error. I know this is nothing related to Vanitygen because I always get this error when trying to play high-end game. However, anyone know how to fix this error?
Install GPU drivers.

How? Anyway, generated a three letters vanity address - 1JTKeHGEjFtJ3X2M8TCt1WvT1e2cDkgUHf (J: jack, T: the, K: king).
Find it out yourself. You have advertising all over your account, so dont expect free help/support Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:53:44 AM

Download and running at the speed of ~340 Kkey/s with CPU. Tried to use GPU but it throw me a OpenCL.dll missing error. I know this is nothing related to Vanitygen because I always get this error when trying to play high-end game. However, anyone know how to fix this error?
Install GPU drivers.

How? Anyway, generated a three letters vanity address - 1JTKeHGEjFtJ3X2M8TCt1WvT1e2cDkgUHf (J: jack, T: the, K: king).

You can go for more. I generated 7 letter vanity address with just ~200+ Kkeys/s.

That's awesome. How long does it take? I tried to generate a four characters address and it took too long. I ended up closing Vanitygen.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 10:05:17 AM

Install GPU drivers.

You can go for more. I generated 7 letter vanity address with just ~200+ Kkeys/s.

That's awesome. How long does it take? I tried to generate a four characters address and it took too long. I ended up closing Vanitygen.

About half an hour to 1 hour, to be estimate. I want to tell you that it wasn't 7 but 6. 6 chars prefix I searched were MZakir.

jacktheking
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:08:48 AM

Install GPU drivers.

About half an hour to 1 hour, to be estimate. I want to tell you that it wasn't 7 but 6. 6 chars prefix I searched were MZakir.

Hmm.. You're lucky to get 7 characters in an hour. My Vanitygen say it will take 7 hours to reach 50%. I'm not sure if I will be able to find it before 50% reached. I gonna try a five characters now.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 11:00:05 AM

Install GPU drivers.

Hmm.. You're lucky to get 7 characters in an hour. My Vanitygen say it will take 7 hours to reach 50%. I'm not sure if I will be able to find it before 50% reached. I gonna try a five characters now.

I always see 1 hour or less when I search. I use "-i" option. I think you ain't using it.

What I run:

Code:
vanitygen -i 1MZakir >>a.txt

jacktheking
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:02:25 AM

Install GPU drivers.

I always see 1 hour or less when I search. I use "-i" option. I think you ain't using it.

What I run:

Code:

What is -i option used for? Can I have a list of Vanitygen commands? After I made post #2126, I started my Vanitygen again. With normal commands. It is now at 5.9 percent.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 11:13:40 AM

What I run:

Code:

What is -i option used for? Can I have a list of Vanitygen commands? After I made post #2126, I started my Vanitygen again. With normal commands. It is now at 5.9 percent.

Run vanitygen --help to get a list of commands and their use.

guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 01:42:22 PM

The -i command means that it will run a case insensitive search. So if you want it to generate a 1JTK wallet with the "-i" command, it might then generate 1JtK instead. It basically just speeds up the generation time, but you're giving up case sensitivity.
jacktheking
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:52:13 AM

@Muhammed Zakir, thanks. I dont know there is so many commands. Tried -i 1[five characters] and I got my results in less than 20 seconds. I guess I'm lucky for the first session - second session took me around 60 seconds to complete.

@guitarplinker, noted. However, I dont think I want to do a case insensitive search.

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:36:37 AM

@Muhammed Zakir, thanks. I dont know there is so many commands.
Try the first post as well Smiley  Depending on vanitygen version, there's possibly also some options not listed in that post or provided in the --help output, e.g. "--F compressed" for compressed key output.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 05:00:03 PM

@Muhammed Zakir, thanks. I dont know there is so many commands.
Try the first post as well Smiley  Depending on vanitygen version, there's possibly also some options not listed in that post or provided in the --help output, e.g. "--F compressed" for compressed key output.

In Samir's vanitygen, compressed keys aren't supported, right? Lifeboats' vanitygen supports it and IIRC --help output have --F command.

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:40:11 PM

In Samir's vanitygen, compressed keys aren't supported, right? Lifeboats' vanitygen supports it and IIRC --help output have --F command.
Correct.  At this point I'd sooner compile Kangaderoo's version though.

Kangaderoo's version doesn't output the following in its help, for example:
-c = compressed (same as '-F compressed'): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.msg9746173#msg9746173
-p = privtype, required for some altcoins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.msg8622628#msg8622628

Trivia: --help and -h aren't actually specified; running vanitygen with any invalid input essentially throws up the help Smiley

jacktheking
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:58:20 AM

Hmm.. so there are many Vanitygen out there? Which one is the best? I mean.. in term of commands? Today I manage to generate a six characters address using -i commands. The address start with 1doNAte. It took me around 30 minutes to complete. I also find a way to "overclock" my computer from ~350 Kkey/s to 400 Kkey/s. Anyone wanna know the trick?

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 08:51:13 AM

Hmm.. so there are many Vanitygen out there? Which one is the best? I mean.. in term of commands? Today I manage to generate a six characters address using -i commands. The address start with 1doNAte. It took me around 30 minutes to complete. I also find a way to "overclock" my computer from ~350 Kkey/s to 400 Kkey/s. Anyone wanna know the trick?

There are few different versions but basics are same. Generating a compressed key ks faster, so use vanitygen which supports compressed keys such as Lifeboat's.

IMHO post tricks you know here, free help. By doing so rather than asking can avoid potential spams. Wink

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:06:20 AM

Hmm.. so there are many Vanitygen out there?
Technically, I think there's only one - but there are many so-called 'forks' of it.  You can see an overview map of the direct forks at github: https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen/network
Most of them will just be people who forked the code and then didn't actually do anything with it, or only used it to make code changes that would then get merged back into the original code.  Others will have minor tweaks for a specific altcoin.  A few are more substantial.
One of the more impactful forks was the lifeboat version which improved performance on AMD graphics cards and added compressed key support.

Which one is the best? I mean.. in term of commands?
I honestly wouldn't know as I haven't looked at all of them - if I get bored I might do that at some point - but as I mentioned, I'd just use Kangaderoo's code.  If nothing else, he's recently been poking at it, while certainly the official code base has been abandoned ( samr7 up and disappeared )

I also find a way to "overclock" my computer from ~350 Kkey/s to 400 Kkey/s. Anyone wanna know the trick?
Of course everybody does - though it sounds like you're using the CPU version of vanitygen?  Why not use the GPU (OpenCL) version, which is much, much faster?
(one reason might be because it won't work on your card)

jacktheking
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:36:40 AM

@Muhammed Zakir, which version of vanitygen are you using? Noted for the potential spamming part although I dont mean to.

@TheRealSteve, it will take me sometime to look at the network. Thanks for the link. And yes, I cant find a way to use GPU. I'm getting OpenCL.dll missing error.

Hmm.. so the so called "overclocking" - it is not overclocking - is that I open up my task manager and than end explorer.exe which take up lot of CPU usage.

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:00:02 AM

I cant find a way to use GPU. I'm getting OpenCL.dll missing error.
I had that on an NVidia machine.  I ended up installing the Cuda Toolkit first.  I have no idea how much of that still applies, though.

Hmm.. so the so called "overclocking" - it is not overclocking - is that I open up my task manager and than end explorer.exe which take up lot of CPU usage.
If your task manager is sucking up CPU use, either your machine is quite slow, or you're displaying too much stuff too fast Smiley

jacktheking
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:07:03 AM

I cant find a way to use GPU. I'm getting OpenCL.dll missing error.
I had that on an NVidia machine.  I ended up installing the Cuda Toolkit first.  I have no idea how much of that still applies, though.

Hmm.. How does Cuda Toolkit work? What do I do after I install it? Am I on the right site - https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit? It look like a programming language..

If your task manager is sucking up CPU use, either your machine is quite slow, or you're displaying too much stuff too fast Smiley

Well.. I have a low end CPU with a very low graphic card. When I play games.. I always use the low graphic option. For games like BF3.. My GPU and CPU can't handle it..

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:30:08 AM

Hmm.. How does Cuda Toolkit work? What do I do after I install it? Am I on the right site - https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit? It look like a programming language..
Yeah, it's a toolkit for programmers that includes everything they would need to start programming, building, compiling and running CUDA and OpenCL applications.  After installation + reboot, things just worked for me.  That was quite a while ago - doesn't look like I did a write-up of it on here.  I also have no idea if it'll fix things for you - but it shouldn't hurt to try (other than taking up disk space) - with the caveat that nvidia (and amd and intel) love breaking things when you install stuff, so... at your own peril (backups, images, etc.)
I'd actually start with checking for new drivers first - OpenCL support is supposed to be in there already.

Well.. I have a low end CPU with a very low graphic card. When I play games.. I always use the low graphic option. For games like BF3.. My GPU and CPU can't handle it..
I can relate - I used to run things on an old Core 2 Duo with no real integrated graphics to speak of (I think it's a mobile ATi but it was barely good enough to get Half Life 2 running acceptably at a low resolution) - was still perfectly usable, though... it's what's hosting a Block Erupter USB at the moment along with Plex and a backup scheme, so if you want to use it, more power to ya.. just know that it'll be slow going Wink

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1074

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:41:05 PM

What's the syntax for vanity gen regexes?  That is, do I have to escape + and | (like in sed) or not (like in perl)?  What are my grouping characters, and do I have to escape them?  Finally, can I put my regex in a file?  Do I have to quote it?

Imagine I want this language: /1(a|b|c)+/, ie:  "1a,1aa,1aaa,...,1b,1bb,1bbb,...,1c,1cc,1ccc,...,1ab,1aab,...1abcbca,...".
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 191 »
  Print  

Jump to: