|
Monopoly
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 03:04:39 AM |
|
Can I use vanitygen to find someone else's private key from their bitcoin address?
Yes. Vanitygen is a cryptographic brute-forcing application, and can be used to search for a complete address. However, you will be unhappy with the amount of time required for it to find a match.
How find a privkey for a complete address ? i use "path\to\vanitygen.exe" bitcoinaddress but see error the address is too long .
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 4550
Merit: 2386
💲🏎️💨🚓
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 05:31:54 AM |
|
Hi there, I saw on the opening page try "vanitygen -r [Ww]iLL"
(no need to use [Ii] and/or [Ll] because l (small L) and I are not in base58, I think.
EDIT: found one in seconds: 1NZED7AR8hbwiLLkTWwXgZvM89FZqFiXnj Would that mean I can't put vanitygen -f work.txt -o dump.txt
( work.txt ) Timelord into a search only TimeLord ? And also, If I'm looking for Timelord2067 I'd actually have to put TimeLord2o67 (small "oh' Oscar after the "2") Thanks for looking.
|
|
|
|
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1085
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 05:41:08 AM |
|
Hi there, I saw on the opening page try "vanitygen -r [Ww]iLL"
(no need to use [Ii] and/or [Ll] because l (small L) and I are not in base58, I think.
EDIT: found one in seconds: 1NZED7AR8hbwiLLkTWwXgZvM89FZqFiXnj Would that mean I can't put vanitygen -f work.txt -o dump.txt
( work.txt ) Timelord into a search only TimeLord ? And also, If I'm looking for Timelord2067 I'd actually have to put TimeLord2o67 (small "oh' Oscar after the "2") Thanks for looking. Indeed, you read it correctly, there's no lower case "l" in bitcoin addresses nor zeros nor upper case O. See here for more background on it: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding
|
|
|
|
|
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 4550
Merit: 2386
💲🏎️💨🚓
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 05:55:35 AM |
|
Hi there, I saw on the opening page try "vanitygen -r [Ww]iLL"
(no need to use [Ii] and/or [Ll] because l (small L) and I are not in base58, I think.
EDIT: found one in seconds: 1NZED7AR8hbwiLLkTWwXgZvM89FZqFiXnj Would that mean I can't put vanitygen -f work.txt -o dump.txt
( work.txt ) Timelord into a search only TimeLord ? And also, If I'm looking for Timelord2067 I'd actually have to put TimeLord2o67 (small "oh' Oscar after the "2") Thanks for looking. Indeed, you read it correctly, there's no lower case "l" in bitcoin addresses nor zeros nor upper case O. See here for more background on it: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encodingHey thanks for that - much appreciated. Will try TimeLord first then TimeLord2o67 later (I've got all the time in the world  )
|
|
|
|
|
RustyNomad
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 06:06:23 AM |
|
Is there anybody working on a multi-signature version of VanityGen?
|
|
|
|
|
|
Monopoly
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 08:08:07 AM |
|
I don't understand your explanations very well .... my question is what are the command lines for finding privkey for a complete address ? I have a quantum computer that capable of looking through 1000 billion keys per micro second. i want to attack this address 1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLpJwGvsgD what are the Instructions at vanitygen ?
|
|
|
|
|
|
TheRealSteve
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 11:27:44 AM |
|
I have a quantum computer that capable of looking through 1000 billion keys per micro second. i want to attack this address 1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLpJwGvsgD what are the Instructions at vanitygen ?
Closest you'll get with unmodified builds is: vanitygen.exe -k -o output.txt 1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLp Technically that's missing the last 3 characters 'JwG' (the other 4 are the checksum), but one out of every 200,000 addresses or so in the resulting output.txt file should be correct. Have fun with your quantum computer. You should have gone with more ridiculous numbers, though.. it would still take 3.3E24 years on average.
|
|
|
|
|
ChetnotAtkins
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 12:01:34 PM |
|
tspacepilot it seems this is exactly what I was looking for. Could you tell me where to add the piece you posted?
Thanks!
|
|
|
|
|
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 4550
Merit: 2386
💲🏎️💨🚓
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 12:16:34 PM |
|
...blah
I don't understand your explanations very well .... my question is what are the command lines for finding privkey for a complete address ?
I have a quantum computer that capable of looking through 1000 billion keys per micro second. i want to attack this address 1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLpJwGvsgD what are the Instructions at vanitygen ?
You know there's no BTC in this wallet https://blockchain.info/address/1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLpJwGvsgD (and it only every had about $50 at most ever?) With a Quantum Computer, you'd be better off mining BitCoin blocks. 1,000 Billion is a Trillion BTW, thought you'd like to know that and a micro second... Well.... that's just silly....
|
|
|
|
Kangaderoo
Member


Activity: 89
Merit: 11
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 12:30:34 PM |
|
tspacepilot it seems this is exactly what I was looking for. Could you tell me where to add the piece you posted?
Thanks!
Nice topic to research. the mayor changes will only have to be made in the function: void *vg_thread_loop(void *arg). In stead of the two options compress and uncompressed a combined flag could to be introduced/added as a valid command line flag. When combined is active, only calculate (uncompressed) EC points for half the buffer. Fill the other half with the equivalent compressed points. for all other calculations use same flag to switch halfway between postprocessing (un)compressed settings. The final address checks can stay the same. In theory.... at least. It will take a bit more work than just porting the example python code........
|
BTC:1NeoArmnGyWHKfbje9JNWqw3tquMY7jHCw
|
|
|
hexafraction
Sr. Member
  

Activity: 392
Merit: 273
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 12:48:52 PM |
|
You know there's no BTC in this wallet https://blockchain.info/address/1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLpJwGvsgD (and it only every had about $50 at most ever?) With a Quantum Computer, you'd be better off mining BitCoin blocks. 1,000 Billion is a Trillion BTW, thought you'd like to know that and a micro second... Well.... that's just silly.... No, there's no known quantum algorithm for solving a SHA256 hash. It would also be useless for address reversal (except possibly with reused addresses) since the pubkey isn't known, just the hash, until the first spend from said address. I'm also not sure if EC is breakable on a quantum computer (Shor's algorithm has a discrete log variant but I'm not sure if it's applicable here)
|
|
|
|
|
Muhammed Zakir
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 01:27:37 PM |
|
I have 5 prefix letters , what is the command line for find at least a BTC address for it ?
Case-sensitive prefix search:"path\to\vanitygen.exe" 1Prefix
Case-insensitive prefix search (faster):"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -i 1Prefix
Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match:"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k 1Prefix
Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match and saves all matches to a file:"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -o anything 1Prefix
Note: If you want to save all matches to a file in the same folder Vanitygen is, specify the path to directory. Eg:- "path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -o "path\to\anything" 1zaEdit: Searching for compressed key is faster than uncompressed key. Download Lifeboat's vanitygen. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301068.0. Also, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.msg10590011#msg10590011. Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match and saves all matches to a file (compressed):"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -F compressed -o anything 1Prefix
What are command lines for oclvanitygen ? does oclvanitygen use graphic card for computing ? and this is faster than vanitygen ? Commands are same except you will have to select OpenCL device using -D command. If you have only one OpenCL device and you did not specify, Oclvanitygen automatically chooses the device. Else, it will give you an error. Eg:- "path\to\oclvanitygen.exe" -D 0:0 -k -o anything 1Prefix
-snip-  -snip-
|
|
|
|
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1064
|
 |
August 24, 2015, 10:09:34 PM |
|
Given that there are two bitcoin addresses per private key, that if you are iterating through private keys pseudo-randomly (i assume this is what vanitygen does, at the end of the day), it does seem that you may as well look at both the addresses each time you calculate a point on the curve for a given private key...
Only the initial key position is random, then vanitygen just increments the key by one for each additional address search. There is little cost to be saved there.
|
|
|
|
|
wicks
Newbie

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
|
 |
August 27, 2015, 04:06:04 PM |
|
No matter what I try, I couldnt make it work with OpenCL on my computer.
|
|
|
|
|
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
|
 |
August 27, 2015, 04:08:53 PM |
|
No matter what I try, I couldnt make it work with OpenCL on my computer.
How about telling us what didnt work and provide more information? Otherwise you wont get help.
|
[GPG Public Key]BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1 K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM A K1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: N K1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: L Ki773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: E K1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: b K1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
|
|
|
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 4550
Merit: 2386
💲🏎️💨🚓
|
 |
August 27, 2015, 04:39:40 PM |
|
No matter what I try, I couldnt make it work with OpenCL on my computer.
Did you update your video drivers? (Hint: Version 12.10 works best - saves Delta from stalking you in the middle of the night) ...and are your friends.... ...and safe mode may be fractionally slower, but it'll work until you've had some sleep. The only thing I'm not sure is if it searches for all lines listed or does them one at a time?
|
|
|
|
|
n4ru
|
 |
August 28, 2015, 01:06:49 AM |
|
Has the HD5870 been superseded yet as the best vanity miner? I bought mine for $100 and it gets a whopping 30Mkey/s out of the box. Have newer gen GFX cards surpassed this?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
n4ru
|
 |
August 28, 2015, 01:38:15 AM |
|
o_O Has anyone else tried it? That seems a little insane.
|
|
|
|
|
|