Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:03:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:25:04 PM

They knew they won't going to ship. They waited to see how clever there consumers going to be, and when they found out.
Well  let's just say they found the cash from somewhere
To fund the attorney.

WAKE UP! Their attorney is a Bitcoiner and has been in bed with them (L & F speaking) from day one.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:34:17 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 02:46:22 PM by perezoso

Cedivad, I don't suppose you are willing to relinquish hashfast.org so we can loosen up the editorial control a little bit?

I want a site dedicated to Hashfast that is factual and "non-defamatory" too.  But unlike you, I see lots of ability to post the kinds of things I am researching, and things that Phinnaeus is turning up.*  These things are not defamatory or libelous in the United States, since they are demonstrable and documentable (and often unpleasant) public facts about the Hashfast people.

I don't want to take on the whole project, but I can contribute parts. There are a couple other possible domains I see...

* In Phinnaeus' case we'll have to tone down the homophobic bit and make sure it's just stuff we *know* and don't merely suspect, but there's some good material there.  From what I can tell, Long Dong does indeed appear to have been involved in prostitution, and Scrotum's involvement in selling pretty abusive and distateful pron is absolutely irrefutable.
perezoso

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:35:10 PM

It's always interesting to see how hashfast promptly reacts to their customers action by digging a bigger hole for themselves.

Yep.  The "circle the wagons" mentality.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:46:06 PM

There are a couple other possible domains I see...
Do it, i will donate for the hosting if needed Smiley
I agree with my lawyer that there is no need to risk - so i won't risk. Again, i'm sorry for that.
We have enough content to talk about already. http://hashfast.org/List_of_Lies

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
perezoso

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:54:25 PM

I agree with my lawyer that there is no need to risk - so i won't risk. Again, i'm sorry for that.
We have enough content to talk about already. http://hashfast.org/List_of_Lies

While I'm sure that Phinnaeus would like hashfa.gs (<-- joke, I'm not serious!), I'm thinking about another name. 

But first, are there any co-conspirators here who would participate in the management of the wiki?  I'm willing to write some articles and edit submissions to avoid legal issues, but would be looking for help keeping the back end running and a least a couple other people that have articles in mind.

Please respond by PM if interested.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:10:04 PM

Cedivad, I don't suppose you are willing to relinquish hashfast.org so we can loosen up the editorial control a little bit?

I want a site dedicated to Hashfast that is factual and "non-defamatory" too.  But unlike you, I see lots of ability to post the kinds of things I am researching, and things that Phinnaeus is turning up.*  These things are not defamatory or libelous in the United States, since they are demonstrable and documentable (and often unpleasant) public facts about the Hashfast people.

I don't want to take on the whole project, but I can contribute parts. There are a couple other possible domains I see...

* In Phinnaeus' case we'll have to tone down the homophobic bit and make sure it's just stuff we *know* and don't merely suspect, but there's some good material there.  From what I can tell, Long Dong does indeed appear to have been involved in prostitution, and Scrotum's involvement in selling pretty abusive and distateful pron is absolutely irrefutable.

To be clear, I'm not homophobic, but will tone down nonetheless. I may make fun of a myriad of demographics, but it's only for humor purposes and truly mean no harm.

That said, I'm trying to bring to the table anything relative that might support claims against HashFast and their principles due to the way they've conducted themselves.

WAKE UP! Their attorney is a Bitcoiner and has been in bed with them (L & F speaking) from day one.

https://angel.co/adam-ettinger/following#activity

Adam Ettinger followed Simon Barber    1 year ago

Adam Ettinger followed Naval Ravikant, Bill Lee, Sophie-Charlotte Moatti and 41 others         1 year ago

Concerning the latter...

Brock Pierce
Brock Pierce (33) is a 10x entrepreneur best known for pioneering the market for digital currency. Currently looking for more investment opportunities in Bitcoin companies.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:10:56 PM

Your amount of refund will be the same as the USD amount shown below and in your order confirmation.  Our products were purchased based on the purchase price stated in USD.  We accepted payment in Bitcoin and other currencies as a convenience to our customers.  For the great majority of our Batch 1 customers, we never received Bitcoin, but instead received USD from our payment processor, BitPay, and used the money to pay our suppliers and costs.   Most early customers received a preferable exchange rate that reduced our revenue by 8%-10%.  We also have customers that have paid in Bitcoin when the exchange rate was far higher than it is today, so our approach to providing refunds in USD is not a policy designed only to benefit us.  

Didn't they provide a bitcoin address for some customers to send direct bitcoin payments not using BitPay? cedivad (or others who will sue their asses) don't forget to tell that to a judge. I don't know how many paid using BitPay, but i'm sure that not all batch 1 customers did it.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:12:17 PM

cedivad (or others who will sue their asses) don't forget to tell that to a judge. I don't know how many paid using BitPay, but i'm sure that not all batch 1 customers did it.
My lawyer didn't forget to mention that in my letter.

As i said before, not only they are blatantly lying another time with that email, but they are giving me even more bases to build my legal action against them (i didn't need them, but thanks anyway, hashfast).

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:25:39 PM

That said, I'm trying to bring to the table anything relative that might support claims against HashFast and their principles due to the way they've conducted themselves.

But not to get an all expense paid stay in Silicon Valley, a free meal, and a QC-reject Baby Jet?

They say the kool-aid in California tastes like wine.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
mdbssm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:27:48 PM

Your amount of refund will be the same as the USD amount shown below and in your order confirmation.  Our products were purchased based on the purchase price stated in USD.  We accepted payment in Bitcoin and other currencies as a convenience to our customers.  For the great majority of our Batch 1 customers, we never received Bitcoin, but instead received USD from our payment processor, BitPay, and used the money to pay our suppliers and costs.   Most early customers received a preferable exchange rate that reduced our revenue by 8%-10%.  We also have customers that have paid in Bitcoin when the exchange rate was far higher than it is today, so our approach to providing refunds in USD is not a policy designed only to benefit us.  

Didn't they provide a bitcoin address for some customers to send direct bitcoin payments not using BitPay? cedivad (or others who will sue their asses) don't forget to tell that to a judge. I don't know how many paid using BitPay, but i'm sure that not all batch 1 customers did it.

I paid with a direct BTC address, not bitpay.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:35:18 PM

Well don't forget to tell that to your lawer and just for fun reply to their last email reminding them that, because they seem to forgot that.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:37:10 PM

And, don't forget that one can set up their BitPay transactions to go to another wallet oppose to having the funds converted to fiat then deposited into their bank account.

Why an entity may opt to pay the small BitPay fee to do such is because of the ease of the interface. Also, it makes the buyer feel more comfortable, i.e. in HashFast's case, if such is the case, of which I have reason to believe happened. In fact, one can turn on and off the option on a wimb depending on where they desire the funds to go, including changing the final bitcoin wallet address (not the receiving address set by BitPay of which is only good for 15 minutes).
fenwick

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:42:43 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 04:01:55 PM by fenwick

@cedivad, will you allow linking from your wiki to this other one?

* In Phinnaeus' case we'll have to tone down the homophobic bit and make sure it's just stuff we *know* and don't merely suspect, but there's some good material there.  From what I can tell, Long Dong does indeed appear to have been involved in prostitution, and Scrotum's involvement in selling pretty abusive and distateful pron is absolutely irrefutable.

To be clear, I'm not homophobic, but will tone down nonetheless. I may make fun of a myriad of demographics, but it's only for humor purposes and truly mean no harm.

@Phinnaeus Gage Nah, don't tone it down at all, I think it is perfectly fine the way it is now.  The laughs you bring to this thread is a great consolation, reading through all the bad news.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:46:06 PM

Why an entity may opt to pay the small BitPay fee to do such is because of the ease of the interface.
And don't forget the reports about their technical capabilities.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u2a3m/running_timeline_of_hashfasts_actions_lies_and/cee2gn7

@fenwick, sure!
I'm not sure i can do that, sorry.

Reasoning: i already receive at least one letter per day with return receipt of people asking to remove content from my websites (you know Berlusconi? even from their lawyers! Cheesy) - so i think to have an experience background about this. And given what is involved, i can't risk. Free to blame me to death, and i'm sorry.

NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

I really hope you guys sue these pricks into the dirt and put them out of business forever.

The amount of disregard for customer interests on display is mindblowing.
fenwick

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:54:06 PM

@fenwick, sure!
I'm not sure i can do that, sorry.

Reasoning: i already receive at least one letter per day with return receipt of people asking to remove content from my websites (you know Berlusconi? even from their lawyers! Cheesy) - so i think to have an experience background about this. And given what is involved, i can't risk. Free to blame me to death, and i'm sorry.

So you are saying, writing something like "There is this other page with lots of other allegations, but I can't say whether or not they are true, and I don't endorse it in any way" could be considered unlawful, on "the land of the free and the home of the brave"? Or lawful, but somehow still risky?

Not being a US citizen, this sounds ... strange to me.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:57:15 PM

So you are saying, writing something like "There is this other page with lots of other allegations, but I can't say whether or not they are true, and I don't endorse it in any way" could be considered unlawful, on "the land of the free and the home of the brave"? Or lawful, but somehow still risky?
I admit that i'm being over careful about this. I will let you know.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:14:58 PM

Can these two guys past as brothers or some other relation?

David Johnston & James Johnston (a.k.a Abram James Kottmeier)
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:20:11 PM

If I request a refund, am I still eligible for the Miner Protection Program?
No.  The Miner Protection Program (MPP) is a benefit of Batch 1 orders.  Therefore, you will not be eligible for the MPP benefits or any changes we make to the MPP.

The plot thickens.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:21:27 PM

Does anyone have the link with all the different TOSs??

I'm looking for it but it seems to have gotten lost in between all the male escort posts.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: