Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
odakorlina

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:03:15 PM

Precisely, but Depends on human nature or people who use bitcoin in negative terms. Any currencies here in this world we have, either cryptocurrencies or even the real currency that we have are using in criminal activities. Some government are addressing crypto currencies as a currency used by criminals and its black propaganda against bitcoin and other crypto currencies.
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:07:34 PM

well Bitcoins have been used before in the dark web to pay for unlawful activities. Its also said that it has been used for money laundering. if these two activities are criminal enough then it surely has been used by criminals.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:08:49 PM

Why not bitcoin is use by criminals and since bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency criminals see it as the perfect means for they illegal transactions since it can go unnoticed and can't be trace. Bitcoin as a great financial tool can be use for negative or positive purposes since it is secured and without control from the government.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:11:35 PM

Precisely, but Depends on human nature or people who use bitcoin in negative terms. Any currencies here in this world we have, either cryptocurrencies or even the real currency that we have are using in criminal activities. Some government are addressing crypto currencies as a currency used by criminals and its black propaganda against bitcoin and other crypto currencies.

You're right, well each and everyone of us have our own decisions either in doing good or bad things around here in our society. Criminals will do their very best to have a victim as its part of their life styles. Hopefully each and everyone of us here must observant since many people around here doing such bad things.
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:35:21 PM

Obviously but is every fiat currency in the world also being used by criminals? Answer to both is yes so it really doesn't matter what money or currency is criminals will use it. In fact they often times use cutting edge technologies quicker because they have so much risk already in their business. Criminals using currency isn't limited to Bitcoin, they will use everything there in between from getting detected.

hazznel

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:43:18 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Fiat or Crypto, USD or Bitcoin, whatever thieves are using, doesn't make any difference to the coin itself. I think the real thieves and bad persons, at least 99% of them are still using USD to make bad things. So it's unnecessary to throw dirt at Bitcoin and Crypto.
Timok Abiodun

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:53:54 PM

saying "Is bitcoin used by criminals ?" is like saying is money used by criminals....
criminals can use whatever means of legal tender available to them.

bitcoin is a digital currency.... however you get it or make transaction with it is left to you.

but of course every tom dick and Jack are involved in the bitcoin business, with different endeavors of Trade.

its a crypto world and we are here to be  industrious ... let the Law/government catch up with criminals and live bitcoin business to grow.
viarathel

Activity: 243
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:55:29 PM

Yes it's true that bitcoin can be used for bad guys and it all depends on each person's purpose, I think behind that place there will always be evil in the real world as well as cyberspace, as well as bitcoin, because everyone from various circles can recognize and use bitcoin so that evil opportunities are always there
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:10:57 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

the most important thing for us all for the bitcoiners around the world especially in Indonesia.
while we include bitcoin fans and people who can not leave bitcoin let's use the bitcoin digital world for something that has a positive impact for us and the State and others .jagan until we give a bad or negative impression to good mama bitcoin digital world to us country and world .
lanareyDEY

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:02:51 PM

now earn a lot of people on the crypt, and some do not even know about it and how to get profit on it
patimahsunda

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:07:14 PM

I think that's just the opinion of some people. Not everything in bitcoin is a criminal, only a small part I think. Indeed bitcoin is difficult to track because it is anonymous. So surely there are some criminals who use this as a place they cheat or other.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:15:21 PM

Possibly, Bitcoin can be use by everyone, I mean any one. So yes, it can be used by criminals and such but hey, that doesn't mean Bitcoin is bad and it should be stopped. Bad people will use a lot of things, even those that were supposedly for good purposes, they can use the internet, they can use  banks and other institutions even the governments so I hope this does not tag Bitcoin as something bad. Bitcoin has changed a lot of lives for the better, let's not forget about that and focus on this that we cannot control anyways.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Sergey190785

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:24:02 PM

Of course, bitcoins and other crypto currency, like the dollar and any other currency, are used by criminals and terrorists, but this is not indicative of the fact that few or many bad things happen all over the world. All people decide!

brkttlv

Activity: 896
Merit: 9

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:54:06 PM

About 2 years ago, i heard the bitcoin for the first time of my life. It was a blog about deep web and in the blog it was being told that " bitcoin is the money for the serial killers, drug dealars". and for two years i assumed bitcoin can br used underground deals only. I did not know people can invest money to bitcoin, and i never heard about altcoins till 6 months ago.
Now i know that, bitcoin can be used by anyone on the planet.
gloriam5

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:09:17 PM

Now everyone is not too lazy to use bitcoin!
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:59:28 PM

Possibly, Bitcoin can be use by everyone, I mean any one. So yes, it can be used by criminals and such but hey, that doesn't mean Bitcoin is bad and it should be stopped. Bad people will use a lot of things, even those that were supposedly for good purposes, they can use the internet, they can use  banks and other institutions even the governments so I hope this does not tag Bitcoin as something bad. Bitcoin has changed a lot of lives for the better, let's not forget about that and focus on this that we cannot control anyways.
Any thing is possible, in fact there is no restriction for anyone to use bitcoin, everyone have the right to use bitcoin according to their own needs, therefore it can also be possible that criminal may be using bitcoin, but i think they may not only be using bitcoin but are also using fiat currency for their criminal activities, therefore i do not think that we can blame bitcoin for that.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:30:49 AM

Yes, bitcoin is used by criminals and in illegal trades. But, that's just a small part of it. The bitcoin community is huge and there are millions of regular users as well.
Criminals would use anything that would shield them from coming in the eyes of the government.
Even when bitcoin was not around, criminals used FIAT currencies to carry out their transactions. So, at the end of the day, criminals would use whatever means possible to carry out their activities, but blaming everything on bitcoin would be wrong.
jbarcenas18

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:12:28 AM

Yes, I have read an articles that bitcoin or payment in Bitcoin, could hire computer hacker to “destroy a business or a person’s life”, buy drugs, passports, cloned credit cards and counterfeit money or even order acid attacks, rape and murder. They used btc as online payments to hire those criminals. For me, any currency can be used by criminals, so we just be responsible in everything we do cause freedom might be abused by anyone. Pls. be responsible!

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:17:51 AM

yes because many of today's scammers use their bitcoin name to be crazy for people, and so the price of bitcoin decreases because investors are losing because of fear that they can scamm so we're also losing our bitcoin users.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:29:13 AM

Yes bitcoin can be used by the criminals. We all know that bitcoin is open to all kinds of people whatever you believed in, your religion, your race, your gender, your financial capabilities, your job, your nationality not even defined by age. There are some articles that says that some terrorist are being funded by powerful and rich people by the use of bitcoin. Somehow we can say that this can really happen because it is open to all. This is one thing that the system of bitcoin must be see or take an extra mile to avoid this unhealthy transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: