Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166635 times)
Tubsie

Activity: 102
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:42:52 PM

As a jr member that was 1 period off making a member, its a big chance but it does make me want to post even better posts then before!

The only negative thing about it that I can see is that maybe people will try to abuse the system, and it will be harder to catch them, because before someone would just spam  posts on the forum to get ranks and everyone was able to see that the person was posting shit posts.

Now a person with more then 1 member+ account will able to gift merits to anyone, that person could just make a new account post a few good posts and recieve merit from his other accounts and probably no one would notice.

However I do like the new system because it will make people really think about what they are posting.

This is just a meme I created not asking for merit  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StelioKontos

Activity: 839
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:43:47 PM

This might not be fair for new people, I don't know if others will ever consider to give merit to newbies. Guess I had to been registered here like 1year back to get some kind of "good" positions. Juniors and newbies are often treated poorly and seen as funny guys around, not taken seriously.

Totally agreed and you have got 1 merit from me because of it.

Oh my this totally brought to my mind an episode of Black Mirror season 3, Nosedive! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5497778/?ref_=ttep_ep1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R32qWdOWrTo

Where people up or down voted themselves in real life, ending up in fame or shame.

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:48:42 PM

I already don't like the way clicking on +merit takes you away from the thread.  Can you please have it open in a new window?

Please no.

Right click and open in new window if you want this feature.

Worst comes to worst, you could write a greasemonkey / some other client side script to modify the target to _blank.

Metarhorn

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:49:25 PM

Interesting this thing Merit. But I hope it will work. The problem is that this is not a forum like chat or something.
I've been reading all comments all day about this. There is no enough points and people are not gonna give them so easy.
Because they are not thinking about rewarding anyone except people with many accounts.
We had trust and negative system it was not used often, just when someone was pissed off and trowed a negative to a member
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:50:39 PM

I was poor and I will be poor. this site was my hope. I'm crying . Merit killed me.

right... 100 quality posts and I will give you 2 merits..

so now you have a chance... a once only - one time, one in a lifetime offer... to get 2 merits.. that will likely lead to more as you will of conducted yourself in the best way possible here..

so others will likely follow... and you might get 10 merits.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Gunny95

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:51:13 PM

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

Oh, just great. More abuse of power. Let me guess; Lauda, The Pharmacist and actmyname.

Besides, why would anyone outside the happy few give away his merit points if he needs them himself to move up in ranking?

The forum ranking system is a bit complicated now...

That's why I opted in the other thread, and here, for principal forum moderation. Everyone can understand principles. Nobody understands patched up constructions like this.

The forum is getting crazier and crazier. I wish there was an alternative. But alas, as long as Bitcointalk has the monopoly we'll have to deal with the power abuse over here...

Sending merit to someone else does not affect your rank merit points.

I don't understand why so many people think that sending Merit will make you lose some, I think the topic post was pretty clear   Undecided

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:51:31 PM
Merited by actmyname (3), theymos (1), Foxpup (1), Mitchell (1), EFS (1), minifrij (1), AdolfinWolf (1), Lutpin (1), botany (1)

I was poor and I will be poor. this site was my hope. I'm crying . Merit killed me.
This forum isn't a sweatshop - churning out lackluster crap should not be rewarded. If you do nothing but pollute this forum with spam, you shouldn't get paid for doing so. Otherwise, if you happen to contribute good content to the site, you'll do fine.

supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:53:58 PM

I think that this new system of ranking up would avoid people from abusing shit posting because they will be forced to create posts that would make sense. I hope that this would help users on improving their posts quality and avoid spamming on the threads. Good for those who were able to rank up before this was implemented. However, those who are on low ranks would really have to work their way up before ranking up.
Gunny95

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:54:27 PM

This might not be fair for new people, I don't know if others will ever consider to give merit to newbies. Guess I had to been registered here like 1year back to get some kind of "good" positions. Juniors and newbies are often treated poorly and seen as funny guys around, not taken seriously.

Totally agreed and you have got 1 merit from me because of it.

Oh my this totally brought to my mind an episode of Black Mirror season 3, Nosedive! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5497778/?ref_=ttep_ep1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R32qWdOWrTo

Where people up or down voted themselves in real life, ending up in fame or shame.

But with the merit system the rank can only go upwards

dont scare me, we are not as far as depicted in black mirror episodes  Tongue

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:58:54 PM

Weird people are everywhere but now days their number is increasing on this forum as well. Keep crying mate, it seems that your world has been destroyed. Is this your only source to earn the bread and butter ? Go out and face the real world instead of crying here.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:59:36 PM

Generalizing broadly, the new system rewards quality over quantity. It is good for the forum. The Merit system hasn't killed you, it's just forcing you to improve the quality of your posts.

Make 5 high quality posts on the forum that are genuinely good and helpful. DM me the links. I'll personally Merit you if I think they are worth it and improve the discourse here.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:01:54 PM

I'm rich already with 1k!

I know why your pray will never be answered!
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:02:10 PM

I'm not concerned by this measure, because already being Legendary, but what is its serious interest? There are people who make great posts, who were not far to upgrade to the next rank and hope to be able to earn more during the next bountys.
And in a half second, without warning anyone, you destroyed their hope or at least postponed them by several weeks.

It's totally useless as a system. Please admin, change the rules.
w0lf0.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:03:39 PM

This Merit Update is welcome for me, this feature can be a problem for spammers or shitposter and it’s can be only a good thing for all community, maybe need some fix but i’am happy for Merit system, i don’t understand only if for increase my Merit i need someone that vote +1 on my post right? Thanks Wink
Durr_1412

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:06:39 PM

I don't agree with this system.

You are creating the definition of "Rich people maintain rich, poor people will be poor forever."

Example: if you was in bitcointalk forum a few years ago, you posted a lot of under-quality posts and you earned Legendary Rank, so it is unfair with new people joining this forum now.

And a lot of projects need bitcointalk rank level such as bitsend airdrop (need Legendary rank), so it is much harder if this new system running.

If you are trying creating a block and keep your high rank level people safety, you are successful. Congrat to devs.

And I lose my faith in this forum. I will still read and post in this forum but not in supporting anymore.

If a new forum created and quality much better than you, I will go a new place.

However, there is already some new forums with high quality already exist such as Steemit.

Good luck with your Merit score and congratulation to those who reached Legendary rank one more time (by now, they are get the most benefit of all thing in this crypto-world).
NakiRR

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:10:32 PM

Oo 5 days before "Full Member", i'm shocked. But in any case this is a fair rank system and i support it. Hope i will receive my "Full" soon )

Nothing to worry if you make a quality post, but I as can see on your history post you might be have a hard time to reach that level.
This new system basically to have a quality post for every user but people might make ways just to get lots of merits, we will see this in the long run.
Yes i realize that, so will try to get my full. Buy it is a pity that moderators didn't wait at least another one rank change day and implemented this improvement so suddenly( There are so huge abyss between member and full member now(
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:11:03 PM

Generalizing broadly, the new system rewards quality over quantity.

It doesn't. It rewards older members over newer members. There are probably plenty of Full's, Senior's, Hero's and Legendaries who came to their status through plenty of low quality posting in the past (and present).
MairaObergh

Activity: 270
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:14:51 PM
Merited by drm (2), CrazyCraig (1)

I was a Sr. Member and right before they added this new Merit system a thread that I was in was deleted sending me back to full member. Is there anything that I can do to get the Merit that I should of had? It's very frustrating. I doubt I'll be able to reach the 150 merits that I need. And even if I do, those 150 should have gone into the next ranking. It's really, really frustrating because I was so happy to reach the Sr. Member.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:15:44 PM

So if I understood, it means someone creating an account now need to have 10 merit points to become a Member, and to become a Legendary Member it needs the incredible amount of 1000 merit points ?!
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:18:42 PM

I think merit points should only stay if the post was deleted by a moderator, or the owner of a self moderated topic. If the post is deleted by the user, the sMerits should return to the person who gave the merits. If merit selling/trading was to get popular, it would be fairly easy to hide who you bought the merit from or traded with, as you could make a temp post, wait for them to "pay" the merit, and then delete it, hiding all traces of the "trade" from the general public. Thoughts?

There should be a public list of all merits given/received by a user, like the trust page.

Hey, suchmoon, I see that you lent me 1 sM so I lent you 2 sM (interest) for your post above located directly below my post where you lent me 1 sM. I look forward to you lending me 4 sM, whereupon I'll lend you 8 sM, etc. At the end of the day, the one with the most sMs wins and gets to ride into the sunset on their gallant steed ...

<see what I did there?  Shocked>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: