Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166433 times)
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:13:34 AM

I see that i have 5 smerits in my account that i can send to other people. if i send all 5 smerit to the quality poster then my smerit will become zero!!.so after that can i get any other smerit to send other quality posters?
And if yes then when will i get back this smerit?

You can get sMerit when you are Meritted.
Below I quote my previous post.
You can send me some Merit by clicking "+Merit" link of my post if it is helpful Smiley

There are Merit and sMerit, the former of which is related to rank up, but not the latter one.
The rules are as follows:

Merit
- You obtain Merit when someone sends it to your post.  
- Merit does not decease unless demerit system is introduced in future.

sMerit
- For each 1 Merit you obtained, you also obtain 0.5 sMerit at the same time.
- When you send Merit to someone's post by clicking "+Merit" link for each post, you spend 1 sMerit (but your Merit does not decrease).
- Finally they ``reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future'' so it is recommended to use sMerit rather than keep it.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ilpipita

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:14:29 AM

I see that i have 5 smerits in my account that i can send to other people. if i send all 5 smerit to the quality poster then my smerit will become zero!!.so after that can i get any other smerit to send other quality posters?

If you read few sooner posts you will find all your answers.

In a hurry? Here you are:

The answer is:
1. When you give someone 4 sendable merits (sMerits). The one will have more 4 merits and 2 sendable merits which they can send to others or send them back to you.
2. You can get merits from others and you will also get sMerits which equal 50% of the total merits you received.

Merit
- Merit not decrease unless demerit system is introduced in future.

sMerit
- When you send Merit to someone, you spend 1 sMerit (but your Merit does not decrease).
- Finally they ``reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future'' so it is recommended to use sMerit rather than keep it.

What is this? Are you serious?
You tried plagirising my thread without quoting. Your account is under risk of permanent ban from moderators and admin, you know that? You are extremely brave. If you want more merits, please compose your own thread and get free merits from others.

Up until now, I still can't understand all of this. See, I am a Full Member and have a 100 Merit and 4sMerit. What if I gave my sMerit to someone, how can I get sMerit again to be able to merit another member?
The answer is:
1. When you give someone 4 sendable merits (sMerits). The one will have more 4 merits, and 2 sendable merits which they can send to others or send them back to you.
2. You can get merits from others and you will also get sMerits which equals 50% of the total merits you received.

Meriting me if you like my thread.

As Theymos emphasized in the OP of the topic
If someone sends you 1 merit, the 0.5 sMerit is not wasted; it is just not shown until you get another merit point.
sncc

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:20:26 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 04:33:33 AM by sncc

~

The answer is:
1. When you give someone 4 sendable merits (sMerits). The one will have more 4 merits and 2 sendable merits which they can send to others or send them back to you.
2. You can get merits from others and you will also get sMerits which equal 50% of the total merits you received.

Merit

sMerit
- When you send Merit to someone, you spend 1 sMerit (but your Merit does not decrease).

You tried plagirising my thread without quoting. Your account is under risk of permanent ban from moderators and admin, you know that? You are extremely brave. If you want more merits, please compose your own thread and get free merits from others.

~
The answer is:
1. When you give someone 4 sendable merits (sMerits). The one will have more 4 merits, and 2 sendable merits which they can send to others or send them back to you.
2. You can get merits from others and you will also get sMerits which equals 50% of the total merits you received.

Right, I am sorry to see this kind of plagiarism to collect Merit in an unfair way,
which conflicts the original purpose to introduce the Merit system to improve the average quality of posts.
wwzsocki, you should edit your post appropriately to quote ilpipita's post as well as my post below.

There are Merit and sMerit, the former of which is related to rank up, but not the latter one.

Merit

sMerit
- When you send Merit to someone's post by clicking "+Merit" link for each post, you spend 1 sMerit (but your Merit does not decrease).
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:27:33 AM
Merited by wwzsocki (1)

Right, you should edit your post appropriately to quote ilpipita's post and my post.

So do you
Forum rules

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. [1][e]

Examples:

1. Such posts like "SELL SELL SELL", "I agree", "+1", "Support", "Watching", "Interesting", "LOL", "SCAM", "LEGIT", "FAKE", other one word posts, posts consisting mostly of swearing, quote pyramids,useless introduction threads, threads about a topic already recently discussed in several other threads.

faucet used to be profitable
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1702

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:31:10 AM

The answer is:

Merit

sMerit

Up until now, I still can't understand all of this. See, I am a Full Member and have a 100 Merit and 4sMerit. What if I gave my sMerit to someone, how can I get sMerit again to be able to merit another member?
The answer is:

Right, I am sorry to see this kind of plagiarism due to the Merit system.
wwzsocki, you should edit your post appropriately to quote ilpipita's post as well as my post below.

Merit

sMerit

I have quoted at the start, this is not plagiarism at all, sometimes too many quotes looks bad and is not easy to read. This is why I said that answer is to find few posts above and then added when in hurry....

Just wanted to help. If somebody fills bad and thinks this is plagiat please delete this posts.

I meant nothing bad. Look at my sooner posts I always quote. But this time it looks bad as I said before.

ilpipita

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:34:36 AM

The answer is:

Merit

sMerit

The answer is:

Merit

sMerit

I have quoted at the start, this is not plagiarism at all, sometimes too many quotes looks bad and is not easy to read. This is why I said that this answer is to find few posts above and then added when in hurry.

Just wanted to help. If somebody fills bad and thinks this is plagiat please delete this posts.

I meant nothing bad. Look at my sooner posts I always quote. But this time it looks bad as I said before.
I don't see you have bad purposes but it's the rules of the forum. You want to help others but you also put you at risk. I don't think it's a smart choice. Admin or moderators might not consider about your situation. They might simply ban your account permanently.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:37:40 AM

If you like this thread, think it useful, you scan donate your merits to me.

I'd say you have a better chance getting some if you remove that.

I don't see you have bad purposes but it's the rules of the forum. You want to help others but you also put you at risk. I don't think it's a smart choice. Admin or moderators might not consider about your situation. They might simply ban your account permanently.

... and stop making up rules. Permaban for a bad quote? Chill.
wwzsocki
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:39:41 AM

The answer is:

Merit

sMerit

The answer is:

Merit

sMerit

I have quoted at the start, this is not plagiarism at all, sometimes too many quotes looks bad and is not easy to read. This is why I said that this answer is to find few posts above and then added when in hurry.

I have added an announcement in this post about missed quotation. Thank you for explaining my situation. I was not aware of that.

ilpipita

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:44:05 AM

If you like this thread, think it useful, you scan donate your merits to me.

I'd say you have a better chance getting some if you remove that.

... and stop making up rules. Permaban for a bad quote? Chill.
Thanks for your kindly recommendations.
1. It's not. This is my second account in bitcointalk forum. My first one has been banned permanently by copying and pasting without quoting. Before banning, I didn't know about the punishment for plagirising. So it is simply my recommendation.
2. I think not all members in the forum has noticed about merit system and familiar with giving their merits for good posts.

I don't see any problem with that. In the future, two or three weeks later when the system work smoothly, I will not put those words at the end of my threads for sure.
sncc

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:48:04 AM

Right, you should edit your post appropriately to quote ilpipita's post and my post.

So do you
Forum rules
~
quote pyramids
~

I have quoted at the start, this is not plagiarism at all, sometimes too many quotes looks bad and is not easy to read. This is why I said that answer is to find few posts above and then added when in hurry....

I understand what you guys mean, and it is good to hear from you that you did not mean anything bad, but I still think it would be good to quote the original posts, and I do not think just quoting our two posts makes your post difficult to read.
In particular after introduction of Merit system people (maybe including me) are sensitive.
In any case this discussion itself may be wasting the board, I do not claim more but hope you get my point.
* To avoid a long quote I replaced some part by ~.
wwzsocki
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:57:53 AM

So do you
Forum rules
~
quote pyramids
~

I understand what you guys mean, and it is good to hear from you that you did not mean anything bad, but I still think it would be good to quote the original posts, and I do not think just quoting our two posts makes your post difficult to read.
In particular after introduction of Merit system people (maybe including me) are sensitive.
In any case this discussion itself may be wasting the board, I do not claim more but hope you get my point.

Just to sum up. I tried to quote your posts but sometimes when deleting parts of answers in quotations something goes wrong and the answer is not visible only looks like another quote. That is why I just deleted it and added: "when in hurry...". My mistake I should add an announcement about it. I just didn't think that somebody calls this a plagiat when the original post is visible just few answers above mine.

lhtot8

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:50:26 AM

So do you
Forum rules
~
quote pyramids
~

Just to sum up. I tried to quote your posts but sometimes when deleting parts of answers in quotations something goes wrong and the answer is not visible only looks like another quote. That is why I just deleted it and added: "when in hurry...". My mistake I should add an announcement about it. I just didn't think that somebody calls this a plagiat when the original post is visible just few answers above mine.
It seems that some misunderstandings between those three members, however finally the problem has been solved, right?
Personally, plagirisim is a bit problem, not only in terms of crypto world, but also in other aspects of human society, including scientific research, educational reports, etc. So please be careful with that.

By the way, thanks Theymos so much for such a motivated merit system, which will definitely make the forum being a better one.
BenR

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:23:29 AM

I'm concerned about the merit-based system. Sure, in the first few days everyone's throwing around merit points (I have). But pretty soon people won't use very many merit points at all - because it's not really worth checking to see if you have any sMerits left.

Maybe a better way to do it would be to have a FB "like" button so everyone can see which comments are worthwhile (even though some will be spammers). And if you have sMerit available they'll be credited.

That way, people will be in the habit of clicking "like" to designate good posts, instead of the current system which will quickly get ignored... until someone is ready to level up.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:49:57 AM
Merited by Deena (3), lenoli (1), djangocoin (1)

The most annoying thing about the merit system is not the system itself (even if - as it is conceived - in my opinion it is destined to die in a few weeks) but the arrogance of the Legendaries that - after having done hundreds of insignificant posts for the sole purpose of level up - now that they are protected, come to tell you "Make good posts and you will see that you will grow too"

And then they also ask you why you're ever interested in going up!!!

To me it would be enough that we could give a demerit for the past posts - and in this way the Legendaries could be send donw - and we would begin to understand each other.
This is not envy, it would create just a little balance

Anyway, I tell you what will happen: the various stars of the group - with a thousand points to spend -  will create a group of disciples to grow, totally under their control. Tribal way.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:49:29 AM

The most annoying thing about the merit system is not the system itself (even if - as it is conceived - in my opinion it is destined to die in a few weeks) but the arrogance of the Legendaries that - after having done hundreds of insignificant posts for the sole purpose of level up - now that they are protected, come to tell you "Make good posts and you will see that you will grow too"

To me it would be enough that we could give a demerit for the past posts - and in this way the Legendaries could be send donw - and we would begin to understand each other.

Anyway, I tell you what will happen: the various stars of the group - with a thousand points to spend -  will create a group of disciples to grow, totally under their control. Tribal way.

Magnificent post! Thank you for your contribution! The idea of demeriting high ranking members downward especially appealed to me, if we're going to use a merit system anyway.
cbcbct

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

Magnificent post! Thank you for your contribution! The idea of demeriting high ranking members downward especially appealed to me, if we're going to use a merit system anyway.
The situation will become further complicated with demerit feature. I don't think this is good idea. However it's good if we look at two-sided approach for both lower- and hiher-ranks. Ranking up and ranking down depend upon your efforts to contribute to the foru,m.
vrap.pm

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:42:03 AM
Merited by saponetes (2)

Anyway, I tell you what will happen: the various stars of the group - with a thousand points to spend -  will create a group of disciples to grow, totally under their control. Tribal way.

I made your words mine too.. sorry but unfortunately i can´t give you merit for that, i haven´t any.

This is all about money and getting a bigger share at bounties for hero and legendary upper classes.

If the problem are the new accounts that are appearing every day like mushrooms they should do something there and not affect the mid classes accounts like Full members and Senior members.

Or put a brake of several months to the new accounts to rank up before get acess to bounties.

Yes, i see this as a bounty affair....

rolik2001

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:47:17 AM

Hello guys ! I have questions why you do this system ??  Angry People cant buy or sell and also scared take to any people because you can say that i buy/sell and take me red trust   Angry
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:08:14 AM

Anyway, I tell you what will happen: the various stars of the group - with a thousand points to spend -  will create a group of disciples to grow, totally under their control. Tribal way.

I made your words mine too.. sorry but unfortunately i can´t give you merit for that, i haven´t any.

This is all about money and getting a bigger share at bounties for hero and legendary upper classes.

If the problem are the new accounts that are appearing every day like mushrooms they should do something there and not affect the mid classes accounts like Full members and Senior members.

Or put a brake of several months to the new accounts to rank up before get acess to bounties.

Yes, i see this as a bounty affair....

Someone who be upgraded to at least Member or next ranks of their current ones really deserved that rank with new merit system, right? Then, they also deserved to join signature campaigns, bounties, airdrops for all intensive, long-term efforts they put in the forum for themselves and to help others. That is the way merit system will work for the forum.

happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:13:16 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 11:08:01 AM by happyme1818
Merited by djangocoin (1), Deena (1)

This merit system is in favor to those who are popular. This is just a popularity contest. The more you have friends the better. I pity those who have no friends here and i suggest to make friends. If you cannot do that better find another way to accumulate altcoins or bitcoin. Trading would be a good alternative one or you could also join bitcoingarden. I never had an account there but there are good feedback about this forum and planning to make an account there.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: