Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:30:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166613 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 08:50:10 AM

As I just suggested I think some of the sources have a hard time finding enough posts to merit so adding more sources would be my preferred solution. A lot of them are busy with other things and can't be on the forum full time so it would be better to share the workload out.

This is a bit like the old investment trust scam. A guy started an investment trust on the premise that by investing in investment trusts, investments would be more secure. All it did was to introduce another level of charges, as most investment trusts invest in the same stocks, so you aren't spreading the investment risks.

So how does that relate to merits? There are only a few posts that are merit worthy, by increasing the numberof merit sources, all you will do is to increase the number of merits chasing the same posts. The real solution is to improve the quality of posting,and this is why I have tried to start some English language improvement projects.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 08:54:02 AM

Even as it is presently, it’s absolutely hard to get merit even with good and genuine posts that i’ve Made severally, I didn’t get a single merit yet. It’s very painful, I must confess but I keep trying.

I looked at your post history, and I can only see two posts. This means that you must be posting on boards that I am ignoring - these are all of the alts and local boards. If I can't see your posts, then I can't give you any merit. Have you looked at some of the Bitcoin and general boards here, they contain a wealth of information.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:33:49 AM

Even as it is presently, it’s absolutely hard to get merit even with good and genuine posts that i’ve Made severally, I didn’t get a single merit yet. It’s very painful, I must confess but I keep trying.

I looked at your post history, and I can only see two posts. This means that you must be posting on boards that I am ignoring - these are all of the alts and local boards. If I can't see your posts, then I can't give you any merit. Have you looked at some of the Bitcoin and general boards here, they contain a wealth of information.

I ignore all the local sections, too, but not the alts and, surprise-surprise, of labake's most recent page of posts, 8 are bounty submissions with the rest very similar to  such chosen epistolary gems as:

It is a great development according to the ideology of the exchange. Absolutely, it is as well a plus to BNB token holders as they would enjoy from the positivity. Kudos to Binance

There is no any sense in holding after you reached your profit target as a trader or investor. Holding would like greediness and anything can happen while you would regret why not selling while hitting target. You can always rebuy at dip if it’s your favorite market

This is serious case that is really alarming. I’m not expecting BTC to be banned though. Come to think of it, if BTC is banned, then the whole crypto is being banned base on any regulation. But presently, it won’t even and i’m Not expecting it any time from now. ETH is the next to BTC, if there is any

And my favorite:

Russia, is the same country I want to make mention of. The government is absolutely in support of blockchain technology in general not the type of country where the government would be spreading FUD around. Go really blessed Russians

Go really blessed Russians?!

@labake - you are the very user the merit system is trying to weed out.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 09:51:14 AM

This is a bit like the old investment trust scam. A guy started an investment trust on the premise that by investing in investment trusts, investments would be more secure. All it did was to introduce another level of charges, as most investment trusts invest in the same stocks, so you aren't spreading the investment risks.

You must be looking at the wrong investment trusts. A good investment trust manager spends time meeting the CEOs of companies and thoroughly researching them before investing.

So how does that relate to merits? There are only a few posts that are merit worthy, by increasing the numberof merit sources, all you will do is to increase the number of merits chasing the same posts. The real solution is to improve the quality of posting,and this is why I have tried to start some English language improvement projects.

I see plenty of posts that deserve merit but I don't have enough to give to all of them which means I have to be a bit stingy. There are lots of different areas of interest here and different people get involved in different conversations. By having only 80 Merit sources that puts an onus on them to go looking around for posts to Merit. I think that decentralising it more would be an improvement on where we are now.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:14:32 AM

You must be looking at the wrong investment trusts. A good investment trust manager spends time meeting the CEOs of companies and thoroughly researching them before investing.

It wasn't the trusts, but the trust of trusts that I mentioned  It was the IOS scam, it made some of the salesmen millionaires. I found this link about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/business/1995/06/10/robert-vesco-and-the-end-of-the-run/c87430a8-8b8a-4c06-b12e-7501feb6fa6d/?utm_term=.cb802ebe0a76

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:16:04 AM

Trust me it's not really hard. Well first of all your 80%+ post are in bounties how do you expect merit on those posts?
Did you ever try to explore forum outside of Altcoin Discussion.
Your last 100 posts are in Altcoin and Bounties sections (99 to be specific because this last one you posted in Merit)

Check this Finally! 101 merit and 84 activity! this user bitmover have same activity as you but he have 129 merits now.

Try to follow his suggestions.. he's inspiration to all fellow user
  • The most important: Make good quality posts and WAIT, don't expect merits now!. Good posts are the true merit sources, and they will be forever awarding merits to you!
    After you create a history of good posts you will be receiving merits constantly, few ones each day. If your posts are good, people will read them, even if they are "lost" in page 10.
    This effect is exponential. My first 20 merits were the harder. I produced a lot of good content when I joined the forum, and now I am receiving merits from posts I did not even remember anymore.

@labake - you are the very user the merit system is trying to weed out.
That's a bit harsh!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

It wasn't the trusts, but the trust of trusts that I mentioned  It was the IOS scam, it made some of the salesmen millionaires. I found this link about it.

Fair enough, I didn't realise you were referring to a specific case. I've worked in investment banks and known very successful investment trust fund managers that consistently outperformed the market. The main thing I noticed was how they relied on a small team of people they could trust to delegate the majority of the work to. I think that delegation to more merit sources would improve how this system works. It's not that there aren't enough good posts but that there aren't enough people in a position to reward them.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:40:12 AM

Hey what to do if you accendently send someone `too much` merit Grin

Pray to god that you do not get negative trust for this. Even the person who is at the receiving end is at danger.

However, it is still difficult to digest that someone can do this accidentally:

1) Currently, when you send merit to a person, it opens a new window and you are asked about merits to send and then to confirm this. Accidental here means you are doing the same mistake twice.

2) This can still be understood if it is your first time or was done when merit system was implemented. But after so many days, it is hard to believe.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:45:24 AM

Hey what to do if you accendently send someone `too much` merit Grin

What, like sending 8 merit to the shining star of erudition reprinted below?

Hey guys i really like the iddea behind the blockchain and i was looking for some compainies which try to sell ´the blockchain´and i think IBM would be a nice stock to pick, if you want to invest in the blockchain. Aswell IBM is trying to creat an Super Intellent pc with watsson. This in combination is just enormous. What dou you guys think about such an idea in investing in stocks which try to create an blockchain ?

Mudah_rezeki

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:53:53 PM

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

Useful infographics

Forum users have helpfully created some infographics to explain the merit system:
paxmao's infographic
ibminer's infographic
8Habits's infographic
JetSet11's infographic
zentdex's infographic
alia_armelle's infographic

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

Trivia:

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

If someone sends you 1 merit, the 0.5 sMerit is not wasted; it is just not shown until you get another merit point.

There are stats here, and you can find someone's merit summary by clicking the "merit" link on their profile.

this is a quality topic that we can understand. easy in the clear.karna now for m
get merit more difficult. because merid can not be bought with altcoin / eth.kemampuan us to get his reward, because this is a new rule. in bitcointalk forums. I think this is a good rule.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

snip

Even though i dont have a great english skills, i do the same for you, i made a thread in my local board and asking them to join my telegram group to learn and talk in english, so they can improve their english and it will benefited them in real life and in forum, but there are not many people who are willing to improve i guess, i only have 37 members up rill now.

For people who are not familiar with english, i suggest to try some language learning apps which available in android or IOS, i suggest duolingo for my local board people. It is easy and fun, and can improve the basic of our english significantly. By learning english, at least the chance to get merit is increases.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 01:00:12 PM

You are having a lot more success than I am, and I'm about to include audio files of some posts.

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 02:06:41 PM
Merited by DrewXland (1)

this is a quality topic that we can understand. easy in the clear.karna now for m
get merit more difficult. because merid can not be bought with altcoin / eth.kemampuan us to get his reward, because this is a new rule. in bitcointalk forums. I think this is a good rule.

Here are some tips if you want to earn some merit, and you don't want to find yourself in the ignore lists.

Tip No.1  - Don't quote great long posts with facts that we all know. It clogs up the thread.

Tip No. 2. - If you don't have something worthwhile to add to the thread, then don't post.

Tip No. 3 - Work on your English, I'm still not sure what you were trying to say in your post.

athanz88

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:23:54 AM

snip

Another one like this member coming from my country, using english via google translate and post it directly in to a post outside local board. Look, i am not good too at english, but what you are doing is unnaceptable and breaking rules of the forum. Broken english is considered fine, but yours are beyond broken, "karna" ? "kemampuan" ?, really man?
hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 08:52:39 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 09:04:09 AM by hndrk10

There is a BitcoinTalk member what has a "Merit Bounty Campaign". He asks you to put his signature and once a week he will check if your posts were good. And if they were, you get rewarded with Merit.

Do you guys know who that is? Do you have a link to that thread? I searched and searched and searched and couldn't find it anymore..

EDIT: I found it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:19:19 AM

There is a BitcoinTalk member what has a "Merit Bounty Campaign". He asks you to put his signature and once a week he will check if your posts were good. And if they were, you get rewarded with Merit.

Do you guys know who that is? Do you have a link to that thread? I searched and searched and searched and couldn't find it anymore..

EDIT: I found it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616

Yes I have been part of this campaign from Round 1 and we are into Round 7 now.
You must apply for each Round. There is google form you have fill every time to participate. [Google Form]

It's very simple just apply and continue your normal bitcointalk. (Caution: Stay away from spam postings avoid shitpots)

Join some other similar campaigns too A simple bitcoin Q/A. Learn new and interesting stuff about bitcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mammothine

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:43:28 PM

Is there a way to purchase merit to give away like Reddit gold?
athanz88

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:48:57 PM

There are many members who sold merits right now but i dont suggest you cheat the system by buying or trading merit because what comes after that will make you regret it all the time, the same regret as why you did not buy bitcoin long time ago.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 02:59:04 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 03:15:32 PM by DdmrDdmr

There seems to be a black market for it, but you are not allowed to trade merit in any unethical manner. Merit trading, by whatever means, can get your account at least with a bag of negative trust, and likely on the road to being permanently banned if/when caught.

It’s best if you don’t even consider the option and play by the book. Posting such a question with your account immediately puts you on other people's suspect list.
lhtot8

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:14:46 PM

There are many members who sold merits right now but i dont suggest you cheat the system by buying or trading merit because what comes after that will make you regret it all the time, the same regret as why you did not buy bitcoin long time ago.
For those abusers, punishments like permanent bans and red tags waiting for them. Never should try abusing any system of the forum, including merit system.
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: